Getting smacked by Purus Labs!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

3/8

RECAP

Narrative
    I fasted succesfully for 24+ hours I drank 3 servings of my fasted mix that I post in my last update. As to the effictiveness of Fat Smack on appettite supression I would say at first I was starving! but then it faded and I barely thought about food. I could definetely tell when my first dose of Fat Smack wore off because the hunger came right back but then faded again after my second dose. Overall I was very satisifed with it for the day

When I came home from work it was about 22 hours fasting.. I took 2 caps SLINshot and got my grub on Started off with a small salad with a hard boiled egg and chicken and then nice sized ribeye steak with a bunch of roasted red potatoes and quiona and ended it with some frozen bananas chopped up and topped with melted dark chocolate with hazelnuts!

Wanted to wait 2 hours after my meal before going to sleep so I ended up going to bed pretty late

3/9

Workout

RE Lower Body

Defranco Agile 8
    Lunges x20
    Static Bridge x60s
    1 leg DB RDLs - x10@50
    Sumo Deadlift - 85x5/105x5/110x3/115x10/125x15/125x15
    Sandbag Triple Extensions AR - 2x15
    Kettlebell Swings - 2x15
    Reverse Hyperextensions - 2x15
    Fat Gripz Hang with leg raises - 2x till failure

Nutrition
    Calories -1708
    Fat - 49g
    Carb - 99g
    Protein - 200g

3/10

Workout

NONE

Narrative
    Had a rough night with the baby so no workout this morning before work. Gonna try and lift tomorrow before work. Nothing much to report for today. Still take Fat Smack 2 caps in AM and 1 cap in PM. 2 caps SLINshot pre breakfast

Nutrition

Calories - 2170
    Fat - 85g
    Sat fat - 20g
    Carb - 93g
    Protein - 242g

*BONUS*

I experimented with a recipe thursday. I was at a resturant some time back and on the menu they had flounder francaise which said it was a flounder filet coated with egg and flour fried in white wine. Well I had some wild caught flounder in the freezer that I had been wanting to make but didn't really have an idea on how to cook the white fish (since I made the move towards paleo I didn't really wanna use my old bay on top) so when I read this a light when off in my head and I decided to try this out but with some almond meal

I dipped the flounder in egg and then coated it in a mix of almond meal with some lemon pepper spinkled in it and then pan fried it with some EVOO and it came out great! I will be doing this again and will post up pics with a nutrition break down and serving sizes of ingredients used
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Ajinomoto 2:1:1.

I wont be the one to push you, but I wouldn't mind following that log
    I dont know what "Ajinomoto" was so I tried to google it.. didnt really find a clear answer but I did stumbled upon this thread Extensive BCAA/EAA Comparison (Xtend,NP Bulk, Purple Wrath, ICE (Ajinomoto) + Others) Pretty good stuff in there for you guys considering BCAAs. Looks like he says PP is the best overall but recoverpro isnt tried and xtend looks to reign supreme with flavoring
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I dont know what "Ajinomoto" was so I tried to google it.. didnt really find a clear answer but I did stumbled upon this thread Extensive BCAA/EAA Comparison (Xtend,NP Bulk, Purple Wrath, ICE (Ajinomoto) + Others) Pretty good stuff in there for you guys considering BCAAs. Looks like he says PP is the best overall but recoverpro isnt tried and xtend looks to reign supreme with flavoring
    I don't know if anyone's ever tried this one. It's called Core ABC. Nutra carries Core MRP and Core ZAP, not sure why they don't carry the ABC. Here's the label. I love that Core's products are not a prop blend.

•   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Good luck on this Josh! I've used Slin Shot and Fat Smack separately, and they're both pretty good. Whenever I took SlinShot post workout, I always felt like I could eat a lot more. I hope they treat you well together!
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.53%

Im somewhat confused ..what did you have to make the vitaberry with? and yes xtend is delicious! I have the grape flavor now and loving it. You think recoverpro is a better deal? I gotta compare the price per servings and see
    haha, mixed vitaberry with the recoverypro. recoverypro was horrible for me. better deal per gram of aminos, but not when u consider u could just get a ton of bulk bcaas and flavor them urself.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.4%

You can get a kilo of BCAA for $20. Now that's cheap.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.2%

I mostly used tha AX brand which was also 4:1:1 but I was getting it free. I switch to Recoverpro when I had to start paying for it, lol. I've tasted worse and forced it down, ASGT for example.

I didn't realize recoverpro was off the shelf, why?

Don't take this the wrong way, I not trying to make a sale or anything. I was just wondering if JJ had tried the 4 to 1 version and if so, did he think it was worth it. It's all I've used, never tried the 2 to 1 version.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.25%

subbbd dawg
    BJJ = life
  10. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I don't know if anyone's ever tried this one. It's called Core ABC. Nutra carries Core MRP and Core ZAP, not sure why they don't carry the ABC. Here's the label. I love that Core's products are not a prop blend.

Never heard of the company before.. How is the taste and price of their BCAAs?

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Good luck on this Josh! I've used Slin Shot and Fat Smack separately, and they're both pretty good. Whenever I took SlinShot post workout, I always felt like I could eat a lot more. I hope they treat you well together!
    Thanks and to the log sir! Always a pleasure to have the smart guys lingering around in my logs!

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    haha, mixed vitaberry with the recoverypro. recoverypro was horrible for me. better deal per gram of aminos, but not when u consider u could just get a ton of bulk bcaas and flavor them urself.
    Sorry that was my fault I misread you original post. I thought it said you were impressed with the flavor and then continued to say you had to add a whole tub of vitaberry for flavor.. So that's how I got confused.. My bad lol

Hopefully this re-release of recoverpro will have a better flavoring system
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.36%

Well start posting than lurker!!

I'm sure everyone will enjoy seeing that avi more often

It reminds me of skittles: I want to taste the raindbow! (Sorry for off topic, I have been waiting for a while to bust that out on bluehealer!)
  12. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I don't want to make it look like I am running a promo, but to answer Josh's question:

Ajinomoto is a food science corporation. They have an insane amount of products ranging from table salt to, well BCAA. The reason Ajipure (Ajinomoto's product) is utilized is because of quality guarantee and it is instantized, so its not as hydrophobic as your average BCAA product.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.98%

Never heard of the company before.. How is the taste and price of their BCAAs?
    They actually have a few flavors - lemonaide, wild white cherry, white passion peach, and fruit punch. They had a grape but it's being discontinued (you can still find it online). The peach is the newest flavor...i like it and it mixes clear

I've been able to find this online at retailers ranging between 44-48 without shipping.
  14. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

You can get a kilo of BCAA for $20. Now that's cheap.
    Exactly what i was thinking! Bulk BCAAs and bulk leucine from NP looks to be a bargain for a custom mix you can do yourself, only problem would be the flavoring. Now sure how strong of a flavor if any the aminos had and what could be added to cover up the flavor. I guess crystal light could be used but I'm not a fan of sugar or fake sweetner so then I was think vitaberry! To me sounds like an awesome idea but I haven't really tried to calculate the cost per serving so I can compare to other products and I don't know how much vitaberry would be needed to cover the aminos taste but a novel idea I think none the less

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I mostly used tha AX brand which was also 4:1:1 but I was getting it free. I switch to Recoverpro when I had to start paying for it, lol. I've tasted worse and forced it down, ASGT for example.

I didn't realize recoverpro was off the shelf, why?

Don't take this the wrong way, I not trying to make a sale or anything. I was just wondering if JJ had tried the 4 to 1 version and if so, did he think it was worth it. It's all I've used, never tried the 2 to 1 version.
    I didn't take it the wrong way and I don't think anyone did but I am taking the fact you got aminos for free the wrong way!

I have always used xtend and only once deviated and used a tub of recoup (nutra had a sale) and once done went back to xtend. I read info on the benefits of leucine and thought about adding but never did nor tried any product with a higher amount of it. I do plan to try a 4:1 for a couple of months and see if it's worth it but if I find a 4:1 ratio BCAA that the price is comparable to xtend and taste good then I will more than likely switch bit I would imagine more leucine per serving would mean more $ per serving so I would have to try it and see of it's worth it
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%

Thanks for the invite brotha! catching up
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.2%

Exactly what i was thinking! Bulk BCAAs and bulk leucine from NP looks to be a bargain for a custom mix you can do yourself, only problem would be the flavoring. Now sure how strong of a flavor if any the aminos had and what could be added to cover up the flavor. I guess crystal light could be used but I'm not a fan of sugar or fake sweetner so then I was think vitaberry! To me sounds like an awesome idea but I haven't really tried to calculate the cost per serving so I can compare to other products and I don't know how much vitaberry would be needed to cover the aminos taste but a novel idea I think none the less

I didn't take it the wrong way and I don't think anyone did but I am taking the fact you got aminos for free the wrong way! I have always used xtend and only once deviated and used a tub of recoup (nutra had a sale) and once done went back to xtend. I read info on the benefits of leucine and thought about adding but never did nor tried any product with a higher amount of it. I do plan to try a 4:1 for a couple of months and see if it's worth it but if I find a 4:1 ratio BCAA that the price is comparable to xtend and taste good then I will more than likely switch bit I would imagine more leucine per serving would mean more $ per serving so I would have to try it and see of it's worth it
    lol. I was an AX rep for a short stint. I drank BCAA's all day long. It was great.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.93%

Sub'd
  18. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Thanks for the link and WOW that looks like one helluva price. I wonder what's the amino amount per serving and if any Glutamine and citurlline malate is added into that

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    subbbd dawg
    welcome brutha!!!

Oh and that reminds me I have been meaning to tell you, hassets is having another in-house tournament coming up. I don't knew if you knew about this one or not and what's up with the other one you was telling me about? Still waiting for the details on that

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    [/B]

It reminds me of skittles: I want to taste the raindbow! (Sorry for off topic, I have been waiting for a while to bust that out on bluehealer!)
    Haha good one taman.. Yea I love his avi but blue is a greedy SOB and won't share a larger version of the pic with everyone else
  19. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

I don't want to make it look like I am running a promo, but to answer Josh's question:

Ajinomoto is a food science corporation. They have an insane amount of products ranging from table salt to, well BCAA. The reason Ajipure (Ajinomoto's product) is utilized is because of quality guarantee and it is instantized, so its not as hydrophobic as your average BCAA product.
    No worries bro.. Promo away!

Interesting though.. I like the fact of having an official gaureentee especially since as wel all know supplement companies can really put whatever they want in a bottle and on a label. I'm look more into this hydrophobic issue too as well.. It's looking like ibcaas is gonna be on my list of supplements to try alongside recoverpro

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    They actually have a few flavors - lemonaide, wild white cherry, white passion peach, and fruit punch. They had a grape but it's being discontinued (you can still find it online). The peach is the newest flavor...i like it and it mixes clear

I've been able to find this online at retailers ranging between 44-48 without shipping.
    Good to know all my options.. Thanks for the info bud
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.2%

Haha good one taman.. Yea I love his avi but blue is a greedy SOB and won't share a larger version of the pic with everyone else

Actually, I never bothered to learn how to post pics, lol.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.37%

Subbed big fella. Catching up on log as we speak. Bcaa's and Eaa's really helped me when I was cutting, and they still do. I think they should be in everyone's arsenal.
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Subbed big fella. Catching up on log as we speak. Bcaa's and Eaa's really helped me when I was cutting, and they still do. I think they should be in everyone's arsenal.
    agreed!!!
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%

I drink them while im out cutting the grass and doing yard work, to be honest
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.2%

Looks like I've diverted the focus of this thread, my appologies to JJ and Purus Labs.
  25. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    agreed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Thanks for the invite brotha! catching up
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Sub'd
    fellas!

Actually, I never bothered to learn how to post pics, lol.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.25%

hahah i love that smiley face
    BJJ = life
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Late to the party, but in.

You should enjoy this. I enjoyed SlinShot.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

x2!!!
  29. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

lol. I was an AX rep for a short stint. I drank BCAA's all day long. It was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I drink them while im out cutting the grass and doing yard work, to be honest
    I have always wondered if taking in a constent steady flow of aminos all day long would keep your body anabolic.

At work I have a gallon jug I keep in the fridge and everyday I fill it with water and drink that thoughout my shift. What if I were to dump a bunch of aminos in there and drank that thoughout my shift. Think there would be any benifit to it?

I did try this once with some EAAs I had but I didnt do it long enough and the EAAs were freaking nasty tasting so I gave it up. I didnt want to use my xtend since it would have been $$$$

Interested to hear thoughts on this idea
  30. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

I have always wondered if taking in a constent steady flow of aminos all day long would keep your body anabolic.

At work I have a gallon jug I keep in the fridge and everyday I fill it with water and drink that thoughout my shift. What if I were to dump a bunch of aminos in there and drank that thoughout my shift. Think there would be any benifit to it?

I did try this once with some EAAs I had but I didnt do it long enough and the EAAs were freaking nasty tasting so I gave it up. I didnt want to use my xtend since it would have been $$$$

Alot of guys utilize aminos throughout the day, particularly when in a calorie deficit.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

I have been shooting 5 grams Bcaa in-between a few meals

32. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

You guys see the new nike ad?

Kinda surprised Nike put out an add like this but its awesome none the less. More girls in our society need to take this attitude rather than the americans next top model look IMO
  33. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

Looks like I've diverted the focus of this thread, my appologies to JJ and Purus Labs.
    No worries bro.. I like to keep my logs interesting. When I update it is usually just about whatever I am logging but the rest of the log I keep open for discussion. I have a fascination for learning so I ask questions or say ideas and bounce feedback and ideas off you guys.. its all good bro hell I had one log where about 3 pages were all about the current state our food industry is in...lol.. this is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

Welcome sir
  34. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

Hell, regarding that butt, I'd just do it.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.37%

I've used bcaa's and eaa's as well between meals/ in place of them and had good success when doing it. Also tried your fasted idea with just them and really liked it.

My buddy got some samples of fat Smack and said the energy was clean from it, said he really enjoyed the samples. We were on nights at the time, so he picked up a bottle and ran it. I'll check back with him and see what his final verdict is on it.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.4%

I think Layne Norton or someone like that covered that idea, and said that Muscle Protein Synthesis happens with spikes, so a constant flow of aminos wouldn't help that. BCAA are best used ~5-10g, ~1hr before meals I think was his conclusion. For preventing catabolism, I'm not sure.
  37. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

Kinda surprised Nike put out an add like this but its awesome none the less. More girls in our society need to take this attitude rather than the americans next top model look IMO
    haha, yea seen this, its actually a fake. nice though
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.04%

[/SIZE]
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  39. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

Alot of guys utilize aminos throughout the day, particularly when in a calorie deficit.
    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I have been shooting 5 grams Bcaa in-between a few meals
    I think Layne Norton or someone like that covered that idea, and said that Muscle Protein Synthesis happens with spikes, so a constant flow of aminos wouldn't help that. BCAA are best used ~5-10g, ~1hr before meals I think was his conclusion. For preventing catabolism, I'm not sure.
    Thanks for the input. So it looks like drinking a amino shake a couple times a day may not be a bad idea but constantly sipping on aminos all day long will be worthless

I will be looking into what Layne Norton said.. gonna try and google to find that article.... thanks guys!
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

This is what I've been doing before breakfast and after Post workout meal and 2 other random meals. Only time I sip on BCAA-EAAs is during workouts. I take in aprox. 40 grams a day. Might be a over kill tho lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Purus Labs... Your Next!!
    By Pipes in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
  2. Purus labs
    By jeremyaaron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 05:27 PM
  3. Purus Labs M14-E?
    By MHA in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0