should i take whey or pro complex before bed
- 11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
- 11-12-2010, 10:05 AM
neither pro complex or gold standard are before bed proteins, whey is a faster protein and pro complex is a whey/egg protein. They have a casien protein for before bed.
Imo just eat a good meal before bed rich in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Fats slow down digestion as does fiber. If you must use a shake just have your ON Whey with some healthy fats and fiber
- 11-12-2010, 10:07 AM
pro complex has the more optimal protein profile...but I've used whey and a fat source
such as natural PB, when I didn't have casein on hand.
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
This is where you can use a half cup cottage cheese, scoop of chocolate whey protein and two tablespoons of peanut butter; add water and mix until it comes together. It is a tasty snack before bed that is low in carbs, high in slow digesting casein protein and healthy fats. Give it a try sometime.
If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
whey PO, casein before bed
Back.... for real this time
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I like ON's Cassein before bed with a scoop of PB in it. Tasty quick snack. The cottage cheese suggestion is right on too for a whole food option.
Similar Forum Threads
- By cg123 in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 03-27-2011, 04:45 AM
- By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-12-2009, 03:06 AM
- By g35driver2003 in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 07-31-2006, 02:51 AM
- By Crxy19 in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
- By bigpump in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2003, 11:07 AM