John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey my name is John, 29 years old, and prepping for the NGA Nashville night of champions, where I placed third last year in the heavyweights. The purpose of this log is help people get a review of the products Anabolic Innovations has to offer and answer any questions in the science behind them.

Goal: November 6th date of the show to be 4-5 % body fat so I am what a little over 11 weeks out
1.Primary goal is body fat reduction
2.secondary is muscle gain and keeping the muscle

I am coming off an injury where I took two months off upper body so the rebound muscle is still taking place.

Nutrition: (roughly 1.5 grams ) about 330 grams protein daily, 150-220 carbs, low fat, A LOT of vegetables with protein only meals usually the last couple meals of the day.

refeed day (1000 more calories than usual, mostly carbs) Could be once a week, once every 12 days or once every 4 days. That said, you can eat anything, the time to take a cheat days is where you see your body just not "doing" anything...not responding

I am following Chris Acteo's advice, who personally recommended this to myself when I asked him. I have learned a lot from him and he has some fantastic tips.

Training : Its my own designed program by myself for myself, focusing on bringing up certain body parts, and maintaining my genetically good body parts.

Cardio 4 x's weekly currently first thing on empty stomach, high intensity intervals

Day one, chest , shoulders, traps, triceps, biceps
day two, calves, quads, hamstrings ,
day three cardio
Day four, Back
day five calves, biceps and triceps super sets
day six cardio
day seven cardio

This is not set in stone, If I am too wore out I take a complete day off, or if tired I train that body part less that day. Here is a nice study to back that up(actually someone erased this study so i guess studies from other other sites are not allowed, strange)

Don’t feel like going to the gym? Don’t stop, just train less

Down to the good part and purpose of this log
(of course everything else must be set in place as you know or supplementation is always icing on the cake.)

Supplementation
I am highlighting Anabolic Innovations products only

current Anabolic Innovation supplements

TestoPro 4 caplets daily(on my second bottle so coming up on 5th week on testopro consistently)
Perform 4 capsules daily
Cycle support (orange) one scoop daily
RecoverPro: On weight training days between meals, before and after training
Essentials and joint complex post weight training days
Glycobol 2 capsules 15-30 minutes before post weight training and carb up meals
Motivate On cardio days first thing in morning or days that I know are going to be long

one thing that has been going on is that saw palmetto works like finasteride

here is a recent study done on Saw palmetto blocking 5-ar Saw Palmetto as effective as Finasteride

this study from what I understand says Saw Palmetto works at blocking 5α-reductase to the hormone responsible from hair loss and prostate growth 5α-dihydrotestosterone. With my natural testosterone levels increased from testopro, I figure why not add in Saw palmetto. In addition, some people say they have libido issues on saw palmetto, so i figured, if it is even a remote possible perform would take care of that.(which I really don''t think it would, as my libido has been very high on testopro these past four weeks I have been on it)

I will add more Anabolic Innovations supplements as the log progresses and some take out some as well as I use them

if you have any questions I can answer just ask them. I have so much information i could write about and share. that is why I urge you to ask questions regarding, contest preparation, supplements, nutrition, training. I hope to help you with this log.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
in!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will probably go more in depth in this log.

anyways currently my views in diet I take the fact(in my opinion) it is much more complex than carbs in and carbs out. If that were the case someone could eat 90 % carbs and 10 % protein.

My carb sources right now consist mainly low Gi carbs(slow burning carbs) Oatmeal, yams, cooked beans, low Gi carbs in general.

If I do do fasting acting carbohydrates I do them by experimenting and seeing if it changes things for myself. Example currently I am taking in slow burning carbs after cardio on off days and fast burning carbs post weight training only, hopefully I wont, but lets just say the scale is not moving after one week and I am not seeing a visual difference, I might switch to slow burning carbs.

or I am stuck so I do no carbs before training = greater fat loss. there are so many techniques I can add in and try to see if they work for my body when fat loss is halting

So if I am stuck at a Plataea ,I have to find a way around this. It is not as simple as lower your calories and get leaner, especially going for 4-5 %!

Regarding a cheat day, for a cheat to be beneficial you HAVE to be seeing yourself getting leaner. If you are then you can cheat. if I am NOT getting leaner a cheat day will slow or cancel my progress

Contest preparation is a whole other area I am focusing in on and learning

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Subbed...Hoping to learn alot from this log.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
good luck with that sick stack my friend!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice John this looks like a great run and I can't wait to see those huge legs ripped.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
testopro plus perform-ooohwee!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
testopro plus perform-ooohwee!!!
yeah my libido is ridiculous right now I do not know how it could get any higher on testopro. We will see if the Saw palmetto in cycle support brings it down and if the perform brings it up. or if Perform causes me to go insane.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah my libido is ridiculous right now I do not know how it could get any higher on testopro. We will see if the Saw palmetto in cycle support brings it down and if the perform brings it up. or if Perform causes me to go insane.
if perform doesn't increase libido-your pecker is dead.:sombrero:

seriously perform is very good stuff, i had to reduce dose when i ran 2 bottles back to back.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if perform doesn't increase libido-your pecker is dead.:sombrero:

seriously perform is very good stuff, i had to reduce dose when i ran 2 bottles back to back.
yeah I started Perform when it first came out and had to stop because sex drive was distracting, and too high at times when I did not need it.

It is also very possible it increases testosterone though longjack, even though it is not marketed as such. maybe a side benefit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah I started Perform when it first came out and had to stop because sex drive was distracting, and too high at times when I did not need it.

It is also very possible it increases testosterone though longjack, even though it is not marketed as such. maybe a side benefit.
i agree!:bigok:

btw-i have never ran testopro/perform together except for some samples of perform on my last testopro run-i can only imagine what 2 weeks of both would do-damn, my wife would leave me, lol.:sasmokin:

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
whats your bf at now?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats your bf at now?
I have my work cut out for me.

(honestly I really do not know may be 12 or 14 or 11, I go by the mirror, I can see my abs when I flex hard and put my hips toward my stomach like a crunch, that's not saying much though.)

Pictures coming soon...after the show.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
I will probably go more in depth in this log.

anyways currently my views in diet I take the fact(in my opinion) it is much more complex than carbs in and carbs out. If that were the case someone could eat 90 % carbs and 10 % protein.

My carb sources right now consist mainly low Gi carbs(slow burning carbs) Oatmeal, yams, cooked beans, low Gi carbs in general.

If I do do fasting acting carbohydrates I do them by experimenting and seeing if it changes things for myself. Example currently I am taking in slow burning carbs after cardio on off days and fast burning carbs post weight training only, hopefully I wont, but lets just say the scale is not moving after one week and I am not seeing a visual difference, I might switch to slow burning carbs.

or I am stuck so I do no carbs before training = greater fat loss. there are so many techniques I can add in and try to see if they work for my body when fat loss is halting

So if I am stuck at a Plataea ,I have to find a way around this. It is not as simple as lower your calories and get leaner, especially going for 4-5 %!

Regarding a cheat day, for a cheat to be beneficial you HAVE to be seeing yourself getting leaner. If you are then you can cheat. if I am NOT getting leaner a cheat day will slow or cancel my progress

Contest preparation is a whole other area I am focusing in on and learning
subbed :)

i'd like pics of the "before", where you're at now. and i CANT WAIT to see you at 4% holy cow. hey i have free DEXA scanning at work, you can come by ;)

agreed on the complexities of "diet" for weight loss versus for getting to 4%. the tricks and manipulations to achieve unnatural levels will be interesting to read about.

I'd love to see your diet breakdown, such as total cals and exactly how you get 330gms prot a day.

Also see you're heavily into AI's line, and I too will soon start the Swole Stack. Why aren't you on Stoked! now?

this is gonna be FUN!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i'd like pics of the "before", where you're at now. and i CANT WAIT to see you at 4% holy cow. hey i have free DEXA scanning at work, you can come by ;)

agreed on the complexities of "diet" for weight loss versus for getting to 4%. the tricks and manipulations to achieve unnatural levels will be interesting to read about.

I'd love to see your diet breakdown, such as total cals and exactly how you get 330gms prot a day.

Also see you're heavily into AI's line, and I too will soon start the Swole Stack. Why aren't you on Stoked! now?

this is gonna be FUN!
good post-repped

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have my work cut out for me.

(honestly I really do not know may be 12 or 14 or 11, I go by the mirror, I can see my abs when I flex hard and put my hips toward my stomach like a crunch, that's not saying much though.)

Pictures coming soon...after the show.
You will make it my friend.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

this is gonna be FUN!
I'll have to take some pictures then it may be a few days as I have to find someone to take them for me. The bathroom ones come out blurry.

Okay I think i may start posting my calorie breakdown every single day from now on.

I cycle my supplements and may add Stoked in closer to the show. There is a Doctor at my gym and our relationships consists of talking and the studies on resveratrol. he has gave me a lot of studies they are good studies. and we both keep up with research.All these are the most recent studies and accepted by Doctors so you know your getting quality studies.

I am going to try and post them, youll see if they comes up(on my first page of my log I posted two studies and they were erased so they may be gone tomorrow)

May 5 2010 Resveratrol may boost blood flow in the brain: Study

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Resveratrol-may-boost-blood-flow-in-the-brain-Study

July 20th 2010 Researchers: Resveratrol a ‘double-edged sword’ for prostate cancer

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Researchers-Resveratrol-a-double-edged-sword-for-prostate-cancer

June 28th 2010 Resveratrol may boost eye health: Study

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Resveratrol-may-boost-eye-health-Study

To Everyone*Remember this is an Anabolic Innovations log and This log is used to promote Anabolic Innovations products so I make AI Plugs*

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I lost a pound since Monday , today weighed in at 229 lbs, very happy over this! The diet worked from then to now. I am going to keep it going , if it is not broke, no need to fix it.

Last night slept 12 hours Must have really needed it

August 12th 2010 Back *on a side note I do physical therapy on my shoulder in the gym before weights 2x's a week currently, as it is pretty recovered and still has a little way to go. A LOT better than it was!

Nautilus Pullover
120lbs=10x's
150lbs=10x's

V bar pulldown
160lbs=9x's

Neutral grip pullups(bodyweight)
7-4(rest paused)

Seated Cable row
150lbs=12x's(easy)

One arm dumb bell row
70lbs=12x's
90lbs=15x's
105 lbs=8x's

one arm standing cable rows
40lbs=10x's
60lbs=8x's

will start the daily nutrition postings tomorrow, I think it is good to count calories, but not get too caught up in overlay-zing things with numbers.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
so youll be like 200ish when your going on stage if me did math right?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so youll be like 200ish when your going on stage if me did math right?
I have no idea what weight will be. I really do not care its how I look that matters I try not to get caught up in numbers and such so much, as it is over analyzing for myself and worrying about it may cause me to lose muscle.
(kind of kidding)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In John!.._ Give this hell buddy and you we prevail no matter what!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

this is gonna be FUN!
John did you take the pics down?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I've never followed a contest prep log....subbed!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey yah that diet sounds like a pretty standard pre-contest. Keep it simple... 11 weeks out you must be already pretty lean.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good so far.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have no idea what weight will be. I really do not care its how I look that matters I try not to get caught up in numbers and such so much, as it is over analyzing for myself and worrying about it may cause me to lose muscle.
(kind of kidding)
come on john-no one does more analyzing than you, lol. i don't see you leaving anything to chance.

you and celc5 do more research and analyzing than anyone on here-:deal:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
(kind of kidding)
The mirror does not lie. Good outlook.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John did you take the pics down?
Never had any recent pictures up.

Hey yah that diet sounds like a pretty standard pre-contest. Keep it simple... 11 weeks out you must be already pretty lean.
I think I am behind.Further, I have a good feeling about this contest prep

come on john-no one does more analyzing than you, lol. i don't see you leaving anything to chance.

you and celc5 do more research and analyzing than anyone on here-:deal:
Tom, I probably needed to mention I do think it is best to count calories in general, just not to get caught up in I am eating 2500 so I am losing.. I get stuck and reduce to 2,400 ...it always does not work like that manipulating fat loss, I compare a bodybuilder what they are doing to their body to a hacker what they are doing to a computer.

it would make sense if you are losing at 2,600 and need to lose to go down to 2,400 right? eventually the metabolism slows and that's when you add in cardio, or a fat burning try other techniques, the thing is do not add them in all at once because then you do not know what sped the metabolism up, if you try three at once, like if your really stuck you add in complex carbs instead of simple post training. I have not got to that point and hope I never have to.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays nutrition

315 grams protein -divided over seven meals, one pound lean beef, tuna, chicken, egg whites,

230 carbohydrates, first three meals, oatmeal, sweet potato(large), and post workout fast acting low fat brownies

fats 40 all from meat sources , chicken, lean beef, omega 3's

Anabolic Innovations Supplements
RecoverPRO 2x's in between meals
Glycobol popped two in the gym right before heading home to get in PWO
Perform~
Testopro~
Essentials with PWO
Cycle Support~with shake

Sleep 10 hours(took a sample of hghPro before bed)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good info here john.:bigok:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks that is good to hear.

August 13th 2010 Calves, biceps + Triceps supersetted

(After warm up of course I always do warm up sets on everything)

Seated Calve raises
45+25=12
45+45=10
45+45+10=9x's

standing calve raise(2-3 sets warmup sets)
400lbs=10x's

Incline dumb bell curls supersetted with
30lbs=10,7, 25lbs=8x's
Dips
(machine dips)250lbs=17x's, body weight 9x's,9x's

Dumbbell hammer preacher curls supersetted with
30=11,7, 25=8
behind the head tricep extensions
20lbs=12, 25lbs=12, 30lbs=11x's

Nautilus preacher machine supersetted with
100lbs=15,10
one arm reverse cables
30lbs=15x's, 40lbs=7x's

Lost my pump so I abandoned the workout, if my pump was going strong I would have continued. This is the only day I am doing supersetting.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks that is good to hear.

August 13th 2010 Calves, biceps + Triceps supersetted

(After warm up of course I always do warm up sets on everything)

Seated Calve raises
45+25=12
45+45=10
45+45+10=9x's

standing calve raise(2-3 sets warmup sets)
400lbs=10x's

Incline dumb bell curls supersetted with
30lbs=10,7, 25lbs=8x's
Dips
(machine dips)250lbs=17x's, body weight 9x's,9x's

Dumbbell hammer preacher curls supersetted with
30=11,7, 25=8
behind the head tricep extensions
20lbs=12, 25lbs=12, 30lbs=11x's

Nautilus preacher machine supersetted with
100lbs=15,10
one arm reverse cables
30lbs=15x's, 40lbs=7x's

Lost my pump so I abandoned the workout, if my pump was going strong I would have continued. This is the only day I am doing supersetting.
Good workout John.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
gotta love the pump!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gotta love the pump!!!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzI-UQ-JsaQ"]YouTube- Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Pump[/nomedia]

right now cooking 5 chicken breasts and two cups pinto beans for the next couple days. passing some time on here. think Ill watch a movie if i can find a good one. Me and two buddies from the gym may be going out to see the Expendables , tomorrow night. Looks like I am going to have to sneak a chicken breast and oatmeal(or protein protein in a baggie with a spoon to mix and oats in my cargo shorts, yes I am serious. I used to sneak beers in there ten years ago when I was 19 , with a fairly good looking date, drank beer in the back and watched Artificial Intelligence. I have a Good memory

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
The expendables will be the best movie this decade. Mark my words.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays nutrition

315 grams protein -divided over seven meals, one pound lean beef, tuna, chicken, egg whites,

230 carbohydrates, first three meals, oatmeal, sweet potato(large), and post workout fast acting low fat brownies

fats 40 all from meat sources , chicken, lean beef, omega 3's

Anabolic Innovations Supplements
RecoverPRO 2x's in between meals
Glycobol popped two in the gym right before heading home to get in PWO
Perform~
Testopro~
Essentials with PWO
Cycle Support~with shake

Sleep 10 hours(took a sample of hghPro before bed)
how many cals? great log bro.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
YouTube- Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Pump

right now cooking 5 chicken breasts and two cups pinto beans for the next couple days. passing some time on here. think Ill watch a movie if i can find a good one. Me and two buddies from the gym may be going out to see the Expendables , tomorrow night. Looks like I am going to have to sneak a chicken breast and oatmeal(or protein protein in a baggie with a spoon to mix and oats in my cargo shorts, yes I am serious. I used to sneak beers in there ten years ago when I was 19 , with a fairly good looking date, drank beer in the back and watched Artificial Intelligence. I have a Good memory
19 with the date. The good ol days. I almost remember them LOL.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YouTube- Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Pump

Here's a little help, you can make your own homemade relish and use it on just about anything, I made mine with bell peppers, Hot sauce, onions, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Just throw it all in a food processor and voila, it's easy and helps to keep your food less plain.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how many cals? great log bro.
august 12th was 2,450.

a lot of big name action stars-fo sure!
yes

The expendables will be the best movie this decade. Mark my words.
we will see

19 with the date. The good ol days. I almost remember them LOL.
I forgot to mention it was a group date, I also felt her up =)

Here's a little help, you can make your own homemade relish and use it on just about anything, I made mine with bell peppers, Hot sauce, onions, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Just throw it all in a food processor and voila, it's easy and helps to keep your food less plain.
Thanks Doug, appreciate the tips. I use a lot of no calorie spices and hot sauces as hot spices boost the metabolism.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday's stats

Nutrition 2,435

300 protein of course from a lot of sources,
230 carbs
35 fat

if you all have any questions on details,what foods I eat, and why etc dont hold back

Supplementation(remember this is an Anabolic Innovations log)
RecoverPro 2x's before and after training in between meals
Glycobol 2 before my Post workout meal
Testopro~
Perform~
Essentials and joint~
cycle support-one scoop(goes well with any whey shake)

Sleep 7-8 hours