My contest preparation log using a whole bunch of Anabolic Innovations products

Page 3 of 22 First 12345 ... Last

1. Great feedback John and Doug on the orange Cycle Support. It is a greath general health supp and the taste has improved greatly. It is also nice to get 20% more for free.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

2. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    That's what I use and within a couple weeks I was showing signs of better prostate health and my supps seem to work better for me.
    Good to hear Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Great feedback John and Doug on the orange Cycle Support. It is a greath general health supp and the taste has improved greatly. It is also nice to get 20% more for free.
    and it mixes well with protein shakes.(I use it with regular vanilla protein)
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    •   

3. yesterdays Stats

Nutrition
    335 grams protein
    160 carbs
    35 fats
    2,300 cals

Supplements
    ~Two Motivates first thing before cardio
    ~One scoop RecoverpRo before cardio(helps preserve muscle and does not raise insulin like say a carb meal would[a lot more] the benfits to ratio pays off in favor of BCAA before fasted cardio)
    ~Testopro
    ~Perform
    ~Cycle support, one scoop

Sleep
    around eight hours-the intense cardio seemed to help me sleep better

I was watching a movie yesterday and got so relaxed I took a nap I don't know how long, maybe 15-20 minutes. when i got up I felt more energized. Just a little nap can re-energize.
    Twitter SmetonFitness

4. August 15th 2010 Cardio

Popped two motivates and one scoop of RecoverPRo , headed to the gym, and did 40 minutes high intensity interval cardio. I went into a different world it was so intense, I had to close my eyes, it felt mystical like a meditation. Then I opened them and was so short on breath I realized I possibly came close to passing out. The feeling was out of this world what happened.
    Twitter SmetonFitness

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    August 15th 2010 Cardio

Popped two motivates and one scoop of RecoverPRo , headed to the gym, and did 40 minutes high intensity interval cardio. I went into a different world it was so intense, I had to close my eyes, it felt mystical like a meditation. Then I opened them and was so short on breath I realized I possibly came close to passing out. The feeling was out of this world what happened.
    Sounds like an awesome day at the gym.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    and it mixes well with protein shakes.(I use it with regular vanilla protein)
    ^^that. i've become a regular user of CS2.0 orange as well, in my whey shakes 2X/day

7. Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    ^^that. i've become a regular user of CS2.0 orange as well, in my whey shakes 2X/day
    Good to see people are wising up, it tastes good too. This is more than a cycle recovery product...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

8. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Good to see people are wising up, it tastes good too. This is more than a cycle recovery product...
    Sure is there are many people that use it for general health. The Life Support is great for that also it is capped but is 1/2 the dose of Cycle Support.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.

9. Man you have incredibly thick legs, well everywhere actually. You may want to think about lowering carbs a bit to help accelerate fat loss to be in the shape you want to in 11 weeks. You can definitely make it to contest shape but you will need to really pull out all the stops to get to 4% like you want. It may not be your cup of tea but keto, or CKD might be the best way to go to catch up to where you want to be. Just something to think about.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Man you have incredibly thick legs, well everywhere actually. You may want to think about lowering carbs a bit to help accelerate fat loss to be in the shape you want to in 11 weeks. You can definitely make it to contest shape but you will need to really pull out all the stops to get to 4% like you want. It may not be your cup of tea but keto, or CKD might be the best way to go to catch up to where you want to be. Just something to think about.
    advice taken Chris. Thanks for your wisdom. When body fat is stalled I will implement lowering carbs on off days.

I can't/won't go too long on real low carbs or I can not function so maybe a couple days out of the week, when I get to that stage. I did the while zero carb thing back in 2009 and felt like complete ish.

I like to do one thing at a time , when fat loss stalls, and see if that works.

legs are genetic , had them huge before I started training with weights,my girlfriend used to lay on them and tell me how big they were, whole family has huge upper legs without training them, we have alleyways been fast runners, I always beat anyone in the mile as a kid out of thirty kids, 4-6x's in 3,4 and 6th grade(2 x's per year). The only person that could beat me and my brother in short distance were very select far and few between black people, and we still gave them a tough time. I attribute it to German genetics.

(I wish some other body parts would be like them,I have to train my calves like mad to match them, I actually stopped training upper legs for three months)

My next upcoming workout I am only doing one set for quads, thats all I really need
    Twitter SmetonFitness

11. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    advice taken Chris. Thanks for your wisdom. When body fat is stalled I will implement lowering carbs on off days.

I can't/won't go too long on real low carbs or I can not function so maybe a couple days out of the week, when I get to that stage. I did the while zero carb thing back in 2009 and felt like complete ish.

I like to do one thing at a time , when fat loss stalls, and see if that works.

legs are genetic , had them huge before I started training with weights,my girlfriend used to lay on them and tell me how big they were, whole family has huge upper legs without training them, we have alleyways been fast runners, I always beat anyone in the mile as a kid out of thirty kids, 4-6x's in 3,4 and 6th grade(2 x's per year). The only person that could beat me and my brother in short distance were very select far and few between black people, and we still gave them a tough time. I attribute it to German genetics.

(I wish some other body parts would be like them,I have to train my calves like mad to match them, I actually stopped training upper legs for three months)

My next upcoming workout I am only doing one set for quads, thats all I really need
    Lucky!

Great vid and progress thus far.

Keep at it man, you will make your goal.

12. Yesterdays Nutrition
    280 protein
    150 carbs
    35 fat
    2,035 calories

supplementation(remember this is an Anabolic Innovations log and I am here to promote the products)
    Testopro~
    Perform~
    Cycle support~
    Motivate 2 capsules upon awaking
    Twitter SmetonFitness

13. August 16th 2010
    Chest Shoulders Traps, biceps supersetted with triceps

Incline Smith
    210lbs=9x's
    Flat dumb bell press
    85lbs=9x's(shoulder was tweaking so I am keeping an eye on this)
    Flat dumb bell fly
    50lbs=8x's

Nautilus overhead press
    170lbs=12x's

Nautilus side lateral machine
    left side 120=10, 150=12 =)(very happy about this)
    right side 120=10,150=12
    seated dumb bell press
    65lbs=6x's

*I only work my traps pre-contest due to I do not like too big traps.

Db shrug
    85lbs=15x's
    105=15x's
    Barbell behind the back shrugs(Lee Haney way)
    315=10x's

seated alternating dumb bell curl supersetted with
    45lbs=6x's
    Triceps Pullover
    80lbs=10x's
    Twitter SmetonFitness

14. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Lucky!

Great vid and progress thus far.

Keep at it man, you will make your goal.
    Thanks Kristofer, I can Imagine how Paul Dillet must feel, every one of his body parts are like that. he can be lazy on all or most of them and have them explode.
    Twitter SmetonFitness

15. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Lucky!.
    While Im at it, Every one of you reading this are better at something than myself and visa. we all have our own strengths are weakness's and every person is superior to yourself in some way. (I'm not just talking about bodybuilding I am talking about all of life's skills)

I try to show everyone as much respect as I can because I know I am inferior to them at some thing.
    Twitter SmetonFitness

16. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    While Im at it, Every one of you reading this are better at something than myself and visa. we all have our own strengths are weakness's and every person is superior to yourself in some way. (I'm not just talking about bodybuilding I am talking about all of life's skills)

I try to show everyone as much respect as I can because I know I am inferior to them at some thing.
    abe lincoln once said-'i never met a man i couldn't learn something from'.

when asked once why he wasn't saying much abe said-'i learn more from listening than talking'.

ole abe was a wise man.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  17. Thumbs up

sorry im late,def in on this one.give it hell john!
    board supporter

18. My traps get too big whether I train them or not. I never train traps.

19. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post

very true statement. Legs always was my strong point from all the years of cross country running.

20. subbed...I'll be stopping by as often as I can!

Give it hell John!
    Iron Legion Rep

21. also, I like the video updates...looking forward to seeing the progress across these!
    Iron Legion Rep

22. Yes everyone has a genetic gift of some sort. I have tiny joints great for bodybuilding not so much for powerlifting. My legs are genetically lean and hold a good bit of muscle even when not worked. However my true gift is the calves. I have no need to work them. I do sometimes just to do it but when it comes to calves I can walk up and beat most people's calves without training them at all. They stay 17 inches and shredded even when not trained. Considering my knee is only 13.75 inches around at the biggest point makes them look huge. However I won't ever have the Holy Crap tree trunk legs that you do. But with my tiny knees i only need about a 25.5-26 inch thigh for them to look huge so one more inch!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yes everyone has a genetic gift of some sort. I have tiny joints great for bodybuilding not so much for powerlifting. My legs are genetically lean and hold a good bit of muscle even when not worked. However my true gift is the calves. I have no need to work them. I do sometimes just to do it but when it comes to calves I can walk up and beat most people's calves without training them at all. They stay 17 inches and shredded even when not trained. Considering my knee is only 13.75 inches around at the biggest point makes them look huge. However I won't ever have the Holy Crap tree trunk legs that you do. But with my tiny knees i only need about a 25.5-26 inch thigh for them to look huge so one more inch!!!!
    Calves, Traps, Front delts and back are my stronger areas. I probably don't have to work calves much either and never work traps or it gets scary... and you guys know ize thick... but that takes work... Legs are getting better and chest is always a problem. Some of that is injuries...

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Calves, Traps, Front delts and back are my stronger areas. I probably don't have to work calves much either and never work traps or it gets scary... and you guys know ize thick... but that takes work... Legs are getting better and chest is always a problem. Some of that is injuries...
    I am with you on that chest has always been a problem for me also.

25. chest is finally good on me, biceps... booooooooooooo mine suck. My triceps are 90% of these arms!!!
    Working on living

26. lol, still trying to figure out what my strong points are...
    Iron Legion Rep

27. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    lol, still trying to figure out what my strong points are...
    you'll figure them out.

and good to hear everyone's strong points
    Twitter SmetonFitness

28. Aug 16th 2010 and 17th nutrition and supplements

Nutrition-"refeed day: weight did not go down;however I am coming back from a two month upper body layoff and it is possible I have gained that muscle back)
    270 protein
    520 carbs
    20 fat
    3,340 calories

supplements
    Glycobol-2 before PWO (post workout out)
    Perform
    Testopro
    Cycle support
    Essentials and joint

Sleep 8 hours

August 17th 2010 nutrition
    365 protein
    190 carbs
    25 fat
    2,510 calories

Supplements
    Glycobol 2 30-45 minutes before post workout meal(My battery died , left my lights on and I differently felt the low blood sugar level I couldn't think right , some say you arnt effected, I am every single time If I dont eat within 30 mins or less)
    RecoverPRO-2 scoops
    Perform ~
    Testopro~
    Cycle Support ( one scoop)
    Essentials and joint

sleep 9 hours, and 45 minute nap after the workout
    Twitter SmetonFitness

29. August 17th 2010 Calves, Hamstrings, Quads

Donkey Calve riase
    350lbs=9x's
    dumb bell between feet reverse
    60lbs=9x's

Lying leg curl
    130lbs=5x's

Seated leg curl
    140lbs=15x's

Incline Glute-ham raise
    45lbs=10x's

Leg press
    5 plates=10x's (did not go to failure)
    Twitter SmetonFitness

30. August 18th 2010-completely off

My plan is to follow my plan. In addition,I listen to my body and change the plan if my body tells me to. That is the beauty of pre-contest you can stay on a strict plan , and if it does not work and you keep staying on it, it can actually backfire. then again, it may work, so I know a little about being in tune with my body and using it for this contest preparation.
    Twitter SmetonFitness
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please welcome Anabolic Innovations 3 sponsored athletes and a contest
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 12:55 AM
  3. Contest for a free Anabolic Innovations product.
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 09:47 PM