Page 3 of 17 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

also, I like the video updates...looking forward to seeing the progress across these!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Yes everyone has a genetic gift of some sort. I have tiny joints great for bodybuilding not so much for powerlifting. My legs are genetically lean and hold a good bit of muscle even when not worked. However my true gift is the calves. I have no need to work them. I do sometimes just to do it but when it comes to calves I can walk up and beat most people's calves without training them at all. They stay 17 inches and shredded even when not trained. Considering my knee is only 13.75 inches around at the biggest point makes them look huge. However I won't ever have the Holy Crap tree trunk legs that you do. But with my tiny knees i only need about a 25.5-26 inch thigh for them to look huge so one more inch!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yes everyone has a genetic gift of some sort. I have tiny joints great for bodybuilding not so much for powerlifting. My legs are genetically lean and hold a good bit of muscle even when not worked. However my true gift is the calves. I have no need to work them. I do sometimes just to do it but when it comes to calves I can walk up and beat most people's calves without training them at all. They stay 17 inches and shredded even when not trained. Considering my knee is only 13.75 inches around at the biggest point makes them look huge. However I won't ever have the Holy Crap tree trunk legs that you do. But with my tiny knees i only need about a 25.5-26 inch thigh for them to look huge so one more inch!!!!
    Calves, Traps, Front delts and back are my stronger areas. I probably don't have to work calves much either and never work traps or it gets scary... and you guys know ize thick... but that takes work... Legs are getting better and chest is always a problem. Some of that is injuries...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
    •   

4. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Calves, Traps, Front delts and back are my stronger areas. I probably don't have to work calves much either and never work traps or it gets scary... and you guys know ize thick... but that takes work... Legs are getting better and chest is always a problem. Some of that is injuries...
    I am with you on that chest has always been a problem for me also.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.43%

chest is finally good on me, biceps... booooooooooooo mine suck. My triceps are 90% of these arms!!!
    Working on living
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.09%

lol, still trying to figure out what my strong points are...
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    lol, still trying to figure out what my strong points are...
    you'll figure them out.

and good to hear everyone's strong points
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Aug 16th 2010 and 17th nutrition and supplements

Nutrition-"refeed day: weight did not go down;however I am coming back from a two month upper body layoff and it is possible I have gained that muscle back)
    270 protein
    520 carbs
    20 fat
    3,340 calories

supplements
    Glycobol-2 before PWO (post workout out)
    Perform
    Testopro
    Cycle support
    Essentials and joint

Sleep 8 hours

August 17th 2010 nutrition
    365 protein
    190 carbs
    25 fat
    2,510 calories

Supplements
    Glycobol 2 30-45 minutes before post workout meal(My battery died , left my lights on and I differently felt the low blood sugar level I couldn't think right , some say you arnt effected, I am every single time If I dont eat within 30 mins or less)
    RecoverPRO-2 scoops
    Perform ~
    Testopro~
    Cycle Support ( one scoop)
    Essentials and joint

sleep 9 hours, and 45 minute nap after the workout
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

August 17th 2010 Calves, Hamstrings, Quads

Donkey Calve riase
    350lbs=9x's
    dumb bell between feet reverse
    60lbs=9x's

Lying leg curl
    130lbs=5x's

Seated leg curl
    140lbs=15x's

Incline Glute-ham raise
    45lbs=10x's

Leg press
    5 plates=10x's (did not go to failure)
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

August 18th 2010-completely off

My plan is to follow my plan. In addition,I listen to my body and change the plan if my body tells me to. That is the beauty of pre-contest you can stay on a strict plan , and if it does not work and you keep staying on it, it can actually backfire. then again, it may work, so I know a little about being in tune with my body and using it for this contest preparation.
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post

My plan is to follow my plan. In addition,I listen to my body and change the plan if my body tells me to. That is the beauty of pre-contest you can stay on a strict plan , and if it does not work and you keep staying on it, it can actually backfire. then again, it may work, so I know a little about being in tune with my body and using it for this contest preparation.
    excellent point-basically same advice i gave today-listen to your body.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.33%

You know more about your body then many here, and you have vry sound advice, looking good so far, how are you feeling!?

Votum takes on MrKleen's Warrior Routeen!

New log :P
  13. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Great plan you have John. Hope you enjoyed your off day.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Great plan you have John. Hope you enjoyed your off day.
    he probably went to the woods with an axe and cut down a few trees. came home and put a new roof on his house. got bored and went for a 10 mile run. nice OFF day john!!!
  15. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    he probably went to the woods with an axe and cut down a few trees. came home and put a new roof on his house. got bored and went for a 10 mile run. nice OFF day john!!!
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    You know more about your body then many here, and you have vry sound advice, looking good so far, how are you feeling!?

Votum takes on MrKleen's Warrior Routeen!

New log :P
    I am feeling pretty good. The reason I took off the last couple days because I wore my body down. (not enough calories to handle the cardio and workouts) and taking off when too worn out helps with testosterone levels.

I am feeling pretty good today as today I woke up feeling good.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I must admit I did go grocery shopping and a couple more things.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

August 18th 2010 statistics

Nutrition
    285 P
    180 C
    40 F
    2,220 calories

Supplements
    Cycle Support 1 scoop
    Perform ~
    Testopro ~

Sleep 9 hours and an hour nap

Training None
  18. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Nutrition
    285 P
    180 C
    40 F
    2,220 calories

Supplements
    Cycle Support 1 scoop
    Perform ~
    Testopro ~

Training None
    Damn I envy your naps I just cannot do them anymore or it screws me up for the night.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Damn I envy your naps I just cannot do them anymore or it screws me up for the night.
    I don't even try I end up lying down stretching out on the sofa and watching my 48 inch flat screen , find a good movie or Tv show or something and eyelids gets heavy.
  20. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

I don't even try I end up lying down stretching out on the sofa and watching my 48 inch flat screen , find a good movie or Tv show or something and eyelids gets heavy.
    Your a lucky man.
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.57%

i just sit in my recliner, put my feet up, and ask my wife how her day went-2 minutes later i am sawing logs.
  22. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

i just sit in my recliner, put my feet up, and ask my wife how her day went-2 minutes later i am sawing logs.
    That is unless your on TestoPRO. Then we all know how that coversation goes.
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.57%

That is unless your on TestoPRO. Then we all know how that coversation goes.
    then i put her in the recliner and i rock away.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.33%

My ex hated that about me lmao. She'd be watching tv and I would just come in and lay down using her thigh as a pillow and be asleep within 5 minutes, no matter what time of day no matter what was on lol.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.76%

Nutrition
    285 P
    180 C
    40 F
    2,220 calories

Supplements
    Cycle Support 1 scoop
    Perform ~
    Testopro ~

Training None
    dang that's low cal, i'd lose on that pretty nicely.

John, what are your protein sources? Can you give me how much oz of chicken, fish, beef you take in and then how much whey? thanks
  26. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post

John, what are your protein sources? Can you give me how much oz of chicken, fish, beef you take in and then how much whey? thanks
    You and I both.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

I tend to bump the calories down on off weight training days.

Protein sources are : egg whites, lean beef, chicken, tuna(sometimes), whey

Whey- three to five scoops a day, usually if I get up at night I take two scoops

Ground Lean beef-93/7 approved by the American heart association at last a half pound everyday, sometimes a pound, cost 3.50 a lb , the 96/4 for 2.98 is probably just as good, I have the resources(Thanks for parents) so I use them.

Chicken- 8 oz or 10 oz (thats 50 or 62.5 grams)I round down or up no need to get to technical. I also do not count my protein in my carb sources like beans or Id be taken in higher protein. Them little details are not worth the extra worry.

Tuna(light- when I can stand the taste I put smoked Tabasco sauce and it flavors them nicely

Egg whites- usually 12 egg whites a day(and maybe two whole eggs)

Fish-Maybe Salmon once a week, used to get it every day , not now though. I contribute a lot of the strength and holding onto muscle from the lean beef.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

August 19th 2010 Statistics

Nutrition
    305P
    150 C
    15 F
    1,955 calories

Activity: 60 minutes grass mowing

Supplements
    Cycle support (orange)one scoop
    Perform~
    Testopro~
    RecoverPro-one or two scoops between meals, when borderline losing muscle on a very low calorie diet, BCAA's between meals help hold onto muscle.

Sleep eleven hours, sleep could have been better- also a nap not sure how long I am thinking like only 15 minutes , could have been as long as 45 mins though

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-part-two.html

Here is a motivational video of Ronny Rockel training for the Olympia and he talking about how to train on contest preparation, it makes perfect sense what he says to tone down the intensity because, calories/carbs are lower body fat is lower, water in the body is lower and to back off a bit

( I do not believe for maximum muscle mass, go light with heavy weights is the way to go, I say back off eight weeks out, from super intense to intense, although it has been quite some time since I went super intense because I had a shoulder injury and although it is healed, it is still not 100 % and still repairing itself)
  29. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Good choice on the 97/3 beef john, cost you more but this is what you need right now.. I see the cals and the carbs dropping.. push hard, and sacrifice my friend.. Ive seen you do allot here since Ive known you.. you can be a little stubborn at times though nothing is easy and it not handed to you..THIS!, you already know... weeks are counting, now do IT!
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.76%

i can barely stand tuna...chipotle tabasco sounds wonderful!!!
  31. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Looks like a very solid plan you have there John.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.33%

John you should mow grass with a scythe, very good workout.

Im serious btw.
  33. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Im serious btw.
    John is a BULL!, he should eat the grass, he'd burn more calories
  34. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    John is a BULL!, he should eat the grass, he'd burn more calories
    LMAO!!!!
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.76%

haha yep, john is a bull :toro:
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.76%

by the way, thanks for the protein breakdown. i cant eat cleanly that much in a day (without a ton of fat to up the cals). but thats why you look like you do
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Im serious btw.
    haha

by the way, thanks for the protein breakdown. i cant eat cleanly that much in a day (without a ton of fat to up the cals). but thats why you look like you do
    Your welcome. If you have any questions that is why I am here. *remember this is contest prep diet and at other times of the year I do not follow this or I would never grow and be stuck at about 210 lbs ,give or take.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

August 20th 2010 Stats

Nutrition
    350 P
    205 C
    45 F
    2,605 calories

Training : Back
    Nautilus Pullover machine (a good pre-exhaust movement for the lats)
    150lbs= 15x's
    V bar pulldown (not going slow negatives like I have been on this exercise)
    160 lbs=15x's
    Neutral grip pull ups (body weight 228)
    10-4 ( 2 rest pauses)
    Cable row(close grip D bar handle)
    150lbs=11x's
    one arm dumb bell row
    105lbs=12x's
    one arm standing cable row
    40lbs=15x's, 60lbs=10x's

*lots of stretching in between sets, I do that with every muscle while I am waiting, flex it or stretch it

Sleep -9-10 hours

Supplements
    RecoverPRO 2 scoops
    Glycobol 2 15-30 minutes before Post workout meal
    Cycle Support 1 scoop
    Testopro~
    Perform~
    Essentials-one scoop post training
    Motivate -2 caps upon awaking

Holy crap the Perform has kicked in , it works its way up, I really noticed it last night and tonight . Words can not explain how much it amplifies things!
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.57%

even solo i had to cut back on my dosing of perform.
  40. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%

August 20th 2010 Stats

Nutrition
    350 P
    205 C
    45 F
    2,605 calories

Training : Back
    Nautilus Pullover machine (a good pre-exhaust movement for the lats)
    150lbs= 15x's
    V bar pulldown (not going slow negatives like I have been on this exercise)
    160 lbs=15x's
    Neutral grip pull ups (body weight 228)
    10-4 ( 2 rest pauses)
    Cable row(close grip D bar handle)
    150lbs=11x's
    one arm dumb bell row
    105lbs=12x's
    one arm standing cable row
    40lbs=15x's, 60lbs=10x's

*lots of stretching in between sets, I do that with every muscle while I am waiting, flex it or stretch it

Sleep -9-10 hours

Supplements
    RecoverPRO 2 scoops
    Glycobol 2 15-30 minutes before Post workout meal
    Cycle Support 1 scoop
    Testopro~
    Perform~
    Essentials-one scoop post training

Holy crap the Perform has kicked in , it works its way up, I really noticed it last night and tonight . Words can not explain how much it amplifies things!
    Good stuff John.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please welcome Anabolic Innovations 3 sponsored athletes and a contest
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 12:55 AM
  3. Contest for a free Anabolic Innovations product.
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 09:47 PM