Baby Wifey’s LG Sponsored LipoBurn Video Log

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I used to do that crap all time; racking the weight before the negative movement just because I hated having to pick it up again, but then I learned the plate trick. You guys may know about it, but just roll the plates onto a 2.5lber and you can take them off real easily right from the ground.
    An older powerlifter back in California showed me that. I wanted to hug him for his genius.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I just watched that vid again and that lift looked sooooo easy for you! You could be pulling way more. 280-300lb should be cake.
    So it would seem! I was laughing so hard earlier with Nick thinking the same thing. I just look like I was pulling nothing, the way I'm chewing my gum and racking it and everything. But it was difficult, I promise!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    So it would seem! I was laughing so hard earlier with Nick thinking the same thing. I just look like I was pulling nothing, the way I'm chewing my gum and racking it and everything. But it was difficult, I promise!
    Yeah it looked pretty easy for you! Think ya had a little more in ya, nevertheless, pullin some big weight!!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

How am I always so late on these things..... well I'm subed! Had to read a few pages to catch up. Lotta reading and watching videos! Love this idea! Makes me want to do a video log when I do my p90x and weight lifting training.....
    Well anyway now I'm rambling..... buckled up and ready for the ride! Get it babywifey!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

I really am not lifting enough weight for me to justify wearing a belt. Once I can squat 400, I might consider it.

The plates are a good idea. I may add that to my routine once I get used to lifting in the power cage with lower safety racks.
    At this rate you'll probably squat 400 before I do .

Agree to dissagree, but anytime one is in the position that they fail at a one rep squat, I usually suggest using a belt. It doesn't take 400lbs to throw your back out, it just takes a split second of not reacting correctly.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

belts help quite a bit and are good for helping you lift safe. Takes a split second to fcuk you back for life. Your form and technique can be perfect 99.9% but that .01% only has to come around once.

get a belt, theyre approved by all power lifting organizations as well. No one laughs at someone for using a belt.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    belts help quite a bit and are good for helping you lift safe. Takes a split second to fcuk you back for life. Your form and technique can be perfect 99.9% but that .01% only has to come around once.

get a belt, theyre approved by all power lifting organizations as well. No one laughs at someone for using a belt.
    some belts are approved. some aren't. depends on what kind of belt and the material it's made of.

My recommendation would be buying a belt from inzer and breaking it in...

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....LTS_BUCKLE10MM

that's what I use. Works nice and will last forever. It is also what the girls on the team I trained with used.

And here are some tips on how to break in a new belt...
    http://articles.elitefts.com/article...in-belt-users/
    SFW and GFH
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    some belts are approved. some aren't. depends on what kind of belt and the material it's made of.

that's what I use. Works nice and will last forever. It is also what the girls on the team I trained with used.

I use this belt as well. Works f-ing awesome, and is well worth the money.

BTW, Inarius already has the pink one, so unless you want to be a biter, I suggest going with the red white and blue.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Just for fun, I want to see you and Resolve break open some ammonia caps and take a whiff like a true powerlifter before you squat or DL next time.

WHOOOOWEEE!!!!

10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    I use this belt as well. Works f-ing awesome, and is well worth the money.

BTW, Inarius already has the pink one, so unless you want to be a biter, I suggest going with the red white and blue.
    don't hate. it matches my eye patch and peg leg.
    SFW and GFH
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

don't hate. it matches my eye patch and peg leg.
    I ain't hating, I'm lookin' out for my mate's uniform. Can't have people biting off the pink pirate.

BTW, having a wood foundation in that peg leg must make for some good squatting power. Do you squat off the peg itself or do you have a reinforced platform that you attach? Is the wood itself reinforced, and what type of wood is it? I imagine that an Oak or Maple might be the best choice for a powerlifting peg. What is the diameter of your peg, if you don't mind sharing? I imagine the diameter would make quite a difference. ("that's what she said")
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I ain't hating, I'm lookin' out for my mate's uniform. Can't have people biting off the pink pirate.

BTW, having a wood foundation in that peg leg must make for some good squatting power. Do you squat off the peg itself or do you have a reinforced platform that you attach? Is the wood itself reinforced, and what type of wood is it? I imagine that an Oak or Maple might be the best choice for a powerlifting peg. What is the diameter of your peg, if you don't mind sharing? I imagine the diameter would make quite a difference. ("that's what she said")
    My peg leg is oak and spray painted pink. I love my functional strength so I squat just on the peg leg. That was I also get to work on balance. I'm not telling you how big it is because then you'll just fantasize about it all day and never make it into the gym. Maybe I'll tell you when you are older.
    SFW and GFH
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, it's that small huh?

You look pretty cute in your lifting singlet. (totally homo)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, it's that small huh?

You look pretty cute in your lifting singlet. (totally homo)
    SFW and GFH
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

I got the 10mm one as well, get single prong. Inzer is awesome.

well doesnt APA allow all belts?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Answers

I use a dual prong. But its an Inzer with same MM. Couldnt agree more, the belt is for protection but also helps keep inner pressure at the core for bigger lifts.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    I got the 10mm one as well, get single prong. Inzer is awesome.

well doesnt APA allow all belts?
    not sure but I know the USAPL doesn't allow all belts. It has to be a leather belt... the nylon ones are banned.
    SFW and GFH
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

not sure but I know the USAPL doesn't allow all belts. It has to be a leather belt... the nylon ones are banned.
    I use a 1/2in wide dark-brown leather PGA Tour belt with silver buckle. feelsgoodman
  19. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I use a 1/2in wide dark-brown leather PGA Tour belt with silver buckle. feelsgoodman
    I remember you wearing a belt when you were having back problems. Do you still use one now?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I remember you wearing a belt when you were having back problems. Do you still use one now?
    Yep, just when I'm hitting three reps and under on certain exercises, or if my back is real sore from a previous day; I tend to have that problem on Quad-day due to hitting Hamstrings just two days prior.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Yep, just when I'm hitting three reps and under on certain exercises, or if my back is real sore from a previous day; I tend to have that problem on Quad-day due to hitting Hamstrings just two days prior.
    Okay, that's fine. At this point I really don't feel that I need a belt. Maybe in the future for low reps, like you do, I'll use one.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I'm gonna be uploading this weeks bench video this evening. I was able to hit 135x5 on my BACK-OFF day! LOL. It was easy, and I believe my form has improved incredibly. I'll let you see for yourself later.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Patiently waiting... AWWWWW Screw the patience upload the vid already! LOL
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  24. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I dont see the vid
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  25. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Lol, Okay guys here it is! Looking at the video now, I know I should have been taking it even slower. I definitely felt like I had more control of the bar than last month.

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

I think it was about twice as long as your decent last month so if you feel like you were gonig twice as slow this time you were. You are moving about as fast as you can and still call it being under control. I wouldn't go over a 1-one thousand count on the descent if power is your main goal. That is plenty long enough here you are about a 1-one... and it is on it's way back up. Your still good and strong and a lot less squirming around to get in position. I woud say technique improved in all aspects.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

This is a fantastic log, BW. Your dedication and commitment are very commendable.

I'm seriously blown away by some of your lifts. Keep killin' the weights!!

-John

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

28. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I think it was about twice as long as your decent last month so if you feel like you were gonig twice as slow this time you were. You are moving about as fast as you can and still call it being under control. I wouldn't go over a 1-one thousand count on the descent if power is your main goal. That is plenty long enough here you are about a 1-one... and it is on it's way back up. Your still good and strong and a lot less squirming around to get in position. I woud say technique improved in all aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    This is a fantastic log, BW. Your dedication and commitment are very commendable.

I'm seriously blown away by some of your lifts. Keep killin' the weights!!

-John
    Wow, Thanks guys. I'm really glad that you see some improvement here. It is important to me that I continue to make progress.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, Thanks guys. I'm really glad that you see some improvement here. It is important to me that I continue to make progress.
    Yeah i see it too, great job, moving some weight BW!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hey wifey! gota question... im thinking about doing a video log.... how exactly do you do this? do you post the url on the reply box?
  31. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Hey wifey! gota question... im thinking about doing a video log.... how exactly do you do this? do you post the url on the reply box?
    I upload all my videos on You-Tube. On YT there are a sequence of numbers in the URL after the =, they should be the last part of the URL. Copy just those numbers and put them between[ yt] and [/yt]. Your video should appear in the post.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Ok cool thank you! im excited! by the way form looks excelent on bench!i dont know if this will help but when you push the bar upward on the positive part of the lift, imagine passing the bar to the spotter but not exactly all the way. I had a powerlifting/bodybuilding trainer tell me that. it made me have so much more streangth and control. but if you were looking on the side of the person lifting the bar should never look like its just going straight up and down, it should look at kinda of a slight angle not alot but from the bottom of your chest or midpoint to your chin or a little below the neck. Try it if you understan what im talking about if not ill try to get a video of it.... or ill lift one and post it.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've finishing up my back-off week, so nothing all that interesting has been going on. Tomorrow I'll be back into heavy bench at 5 reps. I've had the weekend off, four days actually, with Resolve, and we are celebrating our wedding anniversary. We are definitely enjoying our time off of work and school. I'll be back posting up regularly this week.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've finishing up my back-off week, so nothing all that interesting has been going on. Tomorrow I'll be back into heavy bench at 5 reps. I've had the weekend off, four days actually, with Resolve, and we are celebrating our wedding anniversary. We are definitely enjoying our time off of work and school. I'll be back posting up regularly this week.
    Happy Anniversary you two!
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  58k lbs.
    Answers

It’s an strange feeling, but not inevitably unpleasant. I took it on an empty stomach and did some fasted teaching, which I seldom ever do. Metroba suggested I trial it out this way and it worked. Since it's been a back off week for me, teaching fasted wasn't a large-scale deal. Next week when I get back into raising hefty I likely won't be teaching fasted, but I'll trial to consume my repasts not less than 2 hours before lifting.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Ok cool thank you! im excited! by the way form looks excelent on bench!i dont know if this will help but when you push the bar upward on the positive part of the lift, imagine passing the bar to the spotter but not exactly all the way. I had a powerlifting/bodybuilding trainer tell me that. it made me have so much more streangth and control. but if you were looking on the side of the person lifting the bar should never look like its just going straight up and down, it should look at kinda of a slight angle not alot but from the bottom of your chest or midpoint to your chin or a little below the neck. Try it if you understan what im talking about if not ill try to get a video of it.... or ill lift one and post it.
    That's exactly true. I rarely ever see people bench properly, and if setup isn't the problem, this part of the movement is. It comes with tucking your elbows in and then flaring them out on the way up. If you keep elbows out the entire time you'll never accomplish this part.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

That's exactly true. I rarely ever see people bench properly, and if setup isn't the problem, this part of the movement is. It comes with tucking your elbows in and then flaring them out on the way up. If you keep elbows out the entire time you'll never accomplish this part.
    Yes. very true and if you ever try to do the move with elbows tucked in good luck with maxes lol. Bench powerlifting suits, (i forget what there called), are great for helping you keep that form, even though you can lift more with those things on. but there great for form. I have actually thought about getting one but there expensive...
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

kitteh time.

SFW and GFH
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Yes. very true and if you ever try to do the move with elbows tucked in good luck with maxes lol. Bench powerlifting suits, (i forget what there called), are great for helping you keep that form, even though you can lift more with those things on. but there great for form. I have actually thought about getting one but there expensive...
    Yes, it is very difficult to keep that form with no shirt.

Our athlete, Jeff Johnston just hit 700lb Bench Press @ 220lbs at the IPA Worlds in PA this weekend. New record! Darilyn Doddy also hit 380lbs for a world record in her class. I forget what she weighed in at.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, it is very difficult to keep that form with no shirt.

Our athlete, Jeff Johnston just hit 700lb Bench Press @ 220lbs at the IPA Worlds in PA this weekend. New record! Darilyn Doddy also hit 380lbs for a world record in her class. I forget what she weighed in at.
    Whoa 700! jeez! dang man i wish i still was in atl. I grew up working out in a little gym called stacks gym. It was a gym of all sorts of bodybuilders and powerlifters. So much wisdom there and all of em were in powerliftin suites training for the next competition. When a woman walked in that was just there for cardio every time, it was because she wanted to check out the guys, and would eventually run out of there screaming scared from the cloud of testosterone flooding the gym. Lol. (that was an exaduration but there was not alot of women there at all. if there were they were as big as the guys lol. YIKES!) i loved the whole old school and new school mix inside, what looked like an old military bunker. ha Gah now that i live in southern part ga the gyms just arent the same.............. I know that was random babywifey and sorry for highjacking. But irish just brought me back to my childhood.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 361
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
  2. Wolf's quest for leaner arm's (Lipoburn Sponsored log)
    By lonewolf0420 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 08:07 AM
  3. Baby Wifey's Bucket of Happiness
    By babywifey in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 808
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM