purus labs-slinshot. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

purus labs-slinshot.

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    362

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    From your arrogant and abrasive drive by insult, I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to assume you're the man for the job of showing me the failures and near sighted limitations of my remedial grasp upon the optimal methods of nutrition utilization and stratagems.

    So, please professor... enlighten me on the dynamic shift in the insulin response mechanisms on the magnitude that would elicit measurably and significantly greater anabolism when clinically comparing the well documented and peer reviewed nutraceutical additives known as Juice ****tails/Drinks to Coca Cola.

    ...or... were you merely spreading your feathers too wide like a bored peahen caught a midst a bout of Internet boredom and decided to attack my founded logic based in years of study, formal education, applied science, and irrefutable logic - with your fleeting misstep of conceitedness?
    Maybe I was a bit blunt, but you should be open to learning new methods while navigating this forum. There is a lot of information here. Don't be scared of what you don't understand... Embrace it!

    Grape juice is at a 55 on the glycemic index, whereas high fructose corn syrup rates a 62. This means that HFCS will trigger a greater insulin response.

  2. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    Maybe I was a bit blunt, but you should be open to learning new methods while navigating this forum. There is a lot of information here. Don't be scared of what you don't understand... Embrace it!

    Grape juice is at a 55 on the glycemic index, whereas high fructose corn syrup rates a 62. This means that HFCS will trigger a greater insulin response.
    Thanks for taking a moment to explain; I didn't respond very well to your blunt approach and was left to accept it as insulting since it wasn't accompanied by any further explanation.

    I always leave myself wide open, admittedly so, always asking questions and offering up my own advice when I feel confident my knowledge is sufficient to provide sound logical guidance and counsel. I will respectfully say that in the expansive and sometimes misused data spectrum of the Glycemic Index, I do not believe a finite 5-7 point variance between Fruit Juice and Soda pop is a swift justification to opt for the heavily HFCS fortified carbonated beverage with preservatives, dyes and syrup additives into the otherwise carefully calculated nutritional regimen of an aspiring athlete; especially when taking the increased affinity for lipo genesis into account on behalf of the HFCS, a volatile and unhealthy modified belly fat proliferator.

    Per FDA regulations in labeling and consumer product sales, Fruit Juice can only be claimed and listed on the shelves if it is truly 100% pure, free of any additional sugars or artificial flavors/constituents. The much more ubiquitous juice drinks, known as Fruit c-o-c-ktails (virtually everything that comes with a straw, in a box or pouch, and comprises the hefty remainder of the aisle's retail real estate) is sugar fortified and has been outed as being even MORE calorie dense and the sugar source of choice for diabetics who have gone severely hypo. So, in closing I do not believe a small almost immeasurably insignificant dichotomy of insulin signaling potential among two products should lead the health minded anabolism concerned male/female to blindly choose the drink which exclaims massive amounts of HFCS and a slight spread in GI when an almost limitless cadre of other choices exist that will amplify overall health and still bring about the desired ultimate result of heightened nutrient shuttling into the muscle cells.
  3. New Member
    pdredman72's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    150

    Reputation

    wow you guys are makin my little brain hurt??
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Something I wanted to 'inject' into this thread and current discussion pertaining to insulin/glucose (which probably would be better served as a stand alone thread started with regards to its breadth of topic) would be current research including both GI and Glycemic Load of various foods, averaged out by institutions such as Harvard and published online.

    For example, the two foods that sit confidently atop the glycemic hierarchy would be dates and jasmine rice by all accounts; if we are excluding the obvious reigning king of pure glucose (something like this http://www.lucozade.com/sport/products/Default.aspx). I have implemented Dates as a part of my post workout regimen before, but the taste was far too much to handle and I reverted back to corn flakes, dextrose, etc. Jasmine rice is also uncontested in its overall pancreatic prowess (ha) tipping the measuring scales at a mind bending 109 (+/- 10) GI and an accompanying Glycemic Load also well above the 20 water mark... yet, I don't see aspiring bicep flexing gym rats tossing back a cup of dates and inhaling a steaming plate of Jasmine rice after their grueling bouts; why is this? As an aside but just as relevant... why not simply choose the direct source of it all, which is the powerhouse of insulin signaling all other carbs are measured by, and purchase a glucose drink or glucose tablets/powder in order to experience the most instant and dramatic spike in insulin possible without exogenous injection?
  5. Senior Member
    sanchezgreg18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,682
    Rep Power
    916

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Something I wanted to 'inject' into this thread and current discussion pertaining to insulin/glucose (which probably would be better served as a stand alone thread started with regards to its breadth of topic) would be current research including both GI and Glycemic Load of various foods, averaged out by institutions such as Harvard and published online.

    For example, the two foods that sit confidently atop the glycemic hierarchy would be dates and jasmine rice by all accounts; if we are excluding the obvious reigning king of pure glucose (something like this http://www.lucozade.com/sport/products/Default.aspx). I have implemented Dates as a part of my post workout regimen before, but the taste was far too much to handle and I reverted back to corn flakes, dextrose, etc. Jasmine rice is also uncontested in its overall pancreatic prowess (ha) tipping the measuring scales at a mind bending 109 (+/- 10) GI and an accompanying Glycemic Load also well above the 20 water mark... yet, I don't see aspiring bicep flexing gym rats tossing back a cup of dates and inhaling a steaming plate of Jasmine rice after their grueling bouts; why is this? As an aside but just as relevant... why not simply choose the direct source of it all, which is the powerhouse of insulin signaling all other carbs are measured by, and purchase a glucose drink or glucose tablets/powder in order to experience the most instant and dramatic spike in insulin possible without exogenous injection?
    So you have any studies that were ever conducted showing that someone eating the most high glycemic carbs post wo gained more LBM because of "Insulin spike" over someone who relied solely on say Oats? do you have any studies showing the affect of reoccurring "Insulin Spiking", or better what happens when someone ingests 50-100g of sugar 5 times per week for 6-8 months / year for a number of years? You really think this brologic of "Insulin Spiking" using the most nutrient deprived High GI carbohydrate sources is healthy for anyone , bodybuilder or otherwise? If you have literature showing that HFCS or Dextrose lead to more Lean mass due to insulin spiking in the post workout timeframe with no adverse long term health effects I would die to see them. Who cares if Glucose spikes insulin more than anything but its nowhere near injecting even 1-2 IU of Humalog. Dextrose, HFCS, glucose whatever sugars you liike arent healthy and the slight increase of insulin versus a slow digesting carbohydrate are not going to increase lean mass gains.
  6. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    So you have any studies that were ever conducted showing that someone eating the most high glycemic carbs post wo gained more LBM because of "Insulin spike" over someone who relied solely on say Oats? do you have any studies showing the affect of reoccurring "Insulin Spiking", or better what happens when someone ingests 50-100g of sugar 5 times per week for 6-8 months / year for a number of years? You really think this brologic of "Insulin Spiking" using the most nutrient deprived High GI carbohydrate sources is healthy for anyone , bodybuilder or otherwise? If you have literature showing that HFCS or Dextrose lead to more Lean mass due to insulin spiking in the post workout timeframe with no adverse long term health effects I would die to see them. Who cares if Glucose spikes insulin more than anything but its nowhere near injecting even 1-2 IU of Humalog. Dextrose, HFCS, glucose whatever sugars you liike arent healthy and the slight increase of insulin versus a slow digesting carbohydrate are not going to increase lean mass gains.
    Why yes, I happen to have seventy five studies exactly tailored to those stringent specifications you enumerated, ha! Why are you soliciting me for studies when I also authored a reply above renouncing and confuting the usance of HFCS, and furthermore in my most recent writing drafted the body of text as an inquisitive invitation to elicit debate and discourse, not as a solidified scientifically authenticated stand point warranting the ardent advocation of the forum members to adopt.

    Regarding your other notion, as I interpreted it, you are bolstering gym goers to turn their backs upon the manipulation and harnessing of one of the most anabolic hormone cascading events in existence, in favor of rolled oats, all in a purported conquest to avoid some sort of health deteriorating and eroding after effects wrought by the measured and controlled once daily ingestion of rice cakes and dates? Allow me to counter your supposition laced misdirected dissertation laden with underhanded smirks, nudges, and scoffs with a petition of my own for any even remotely related shred or thread of scientific affirming testimony fortifying and vindicating your farcical antiquated theories. I openly and arduously campaign for illuminating dissenting dialog throughout all forums and facets of life, but I can't even conjure the necessary will to highlight and extinguish your baseless primitive uncultivated prognostications.
  7. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Damn...my Thesaurus hurts guys!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. Elite Member
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    177787

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    So is this a big word d**k measuring contest now? A lot of back and forth bickering and run on sentences... yet no real information to take in. Keep to the facts you are presenting so people can actually chime in and we all can learn or just take it to PMs.
  9. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    So is this a big word d**k measuring contest now? A lot of back and forth bickering and run on sentences... yet no real information to take in. Keep to the facts you are presenting so people can actually chime in and we all can learn or just take it to PMs.
    Maybe you stopped reading half way through when you realized it wasn't the usually encountered monosyllabic rubbish, because my counter points and entire common constructing foundation were evident and continually alluded to.

    I refuse to degrade my years and tuition dollars/intellect and passion for sharing knowledge and gaining it from others, down to the lowest common denominator by pecking away lazily at a keyboard with short hand and acronyms - my original impetus remains unchanged; I was merely posing the question why we don't as a whole/collective consume non traditional foods that are equivalent to Dextrose/Vitargo/Maltodextrin in their Glycemic load and index in an attempt to save money and still reap the optimal well established benefits of enhancing post workout insulin release in conjunction with GDAs such as Slin Sane (which I have been enjoying for the past weeks of usage, similar to the OP).
  10. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    did 1 hour and 15 minutes on treadmill. at the start i did 2 slinshot and then 6 oz grape juice with 3gms creapue/3gm bcaa's. when finished i took 2 slinshot and the grape juice mix but added a glucose chewable that they give to diabetic's. 2 slinshot pre was just too much with only 30 carbs-started getting a little hypo about 20 minutes in but fored my self to finish. tomorrow i will go back to the 1 cap pre and post-i guess i am too sensitive to the slinshot to use 2 caps. as to the effects of the glucose chewable-fantastic, i highly recommend.

    slinsot is proving-to me at least, to be very effective.

    todays weigh in 196, thats -2. i am very pleased.
  11. Elite Member
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    177787

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Maybe you stopped reading half way through when you realized it wasn't the usually encountered monosyllabic rubbish, because my counter points and entire common constructing foundation were evident and continually alluded to.

    I refuse to degrade my years and tuition dollars/intellect and passion for sharing knowledge and gaining it from others, down to the lowest common denominator by pecking away lazily at a keyboard with short hand and acronyms - my original impetus remains unchanged; I was merely posing the question why we don't as a whole/collective consume non traditional foods that are equivalent to Dextrose/Vitargo/Maltodextrin in their Glycemic load and index in an attempt to save money and still reap the optimal well established benefits of enhancing post workout insulin release in conjunction with GDAs such as Slin Sane (which I have been enjoying for the past weeks of usage, similar to the OP).
    Don't insult my intelligence, I think my three majors in four years of schooling are proof enough I am not looking for five word, monosyllabic sentences that a five year old could read. Better put, I don't wear my education on my shoulder and flaunt it to prove I'm better than you. There is nothing wrong with your stated goal of figuring out if, as you say, non-traditional foods carry the same rewards as typical complex carbs pwo. Why don't you post what your experience is with Slin-Sane, foods you consume, quantity etc... that way we can all better understand your thought process and determine if it is something we want to try. Otherwise, you're just using your "education" to talk above everyone else and provide little tangible benefit. If you want to write a paper and have it published, write as you have, otherwise peck away with the rest of us simpletons and enhance the flow of knowledge. That is of course what you are trying to do, right?
  12. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    ...added a glucose chewable that they give to diabetic's. as to the effects of the glucose chewable-fantastic, i highly recommend.

    slinsot is proving-to me at least, to be very effective.
    THAT is ironic that you used the Glucose Chewable! Excellent choice... what was the nutrition profile of each tablet?

    I took (6) Glycobol and (4) Slin Shot prior to my usual Saturday cheat meal (Stuffed Crust Pizza followed by a brownie with ice cream on top) along with 100mg of Vanadyl Sulfate and 1g of Chromium, and I still ended up getting massive sugar spiking response and water retention/bloating (even leading into the following day). I believe the worthiness of these supplements lies more in their inclusion of a well structured nutritional protocol, rather than trying to mitigate possible fat accrual in response to a provocative glucose challenge such as a cheat meal - what do you think Big T?
  13. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Don't insult my intelligence, I think my three majors in four years of schooling are proof enough I am not looking for five word, monosyllabic sentences that a five year old could read. Better put, I don't wear my education on my shoulder and flaunt it to prove I'm better than you. There is nothing wrong with your stated goal of figuring out if, as you say, non-traditional foods carry the same rewards as typical complex carbs pwo. Why don't you post what your experience is with Slin-Sane, foods you consume, quantity etc... that way we can all better understand your thought process and determine if it is something we want to try. Otherwise, you're just using your "education" to talk above everyone else and provide little tangible benefit. If you want to write a paper and have it published, write as you have, otherwise peck away with the rest of us simpletons and enhance the flow of knowledge. That is of course what you are trying to do, right?
    I understand your aggravation, but as a newer member here the outpouring of positive and supportive encouraging feedback I have been given by members and even sponsors going out of their way to write me has only been slightly tarnished by your seeming unwillingness to accept my writing and approach toward research and discourse in the same regard. I cannot think of any other subject or specific labor of love and learning that demands and deserves more thoughtful articulation than the applied sciences using ourselves as the experimental volunteer. Also, I have shared my experiences regarding Slin Shot, and other GDAs in great detail, and tried to be creative in spawning new and entertaining/enlightening streams of discussion. I employ an always vigilant careful tactic with every post to make sure I do not become emotionally involved, or intentionally offend or insult any member here with profane or immature Internet pillow fighting.

    I look forward to being here, and will continue to conduct myself and author my posts to the best of my ability and feel confident that approach will be met with more approval than disapproval.

    Now, back to Slin Sane's ability to nullify insulins ability to manifest new adipose tissue and enhance creatine uptake independent of the insulin pathway mechanism.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    957092

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    There's also a load of fat in that stuff as well so you can't say it was just the sugar. You can't just eat what you want so much even with this. I bet you can add in more carbs to a cut or help with good nutritional plan eating over naintenance and might give you a little more wiggle room.
  15. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    THAT is ironic that you used the Glucose Chewable! Excellent choice... what was the nutrition profile of each tablet?

    I took (6) Glycobol and (4) Slin Shot prior to my usual Saturday cheat meal (Stuffed Crust Pizza followed by a brownie with ice cream on top) along with 100mg of Vanadyl Sulfate and 1g of Chromium, and I still ended up getting massive sugar spiking response and water retention/bloating (even leading into the following day). I believe the worthiness of these supplements lies more in their inclusion of a well structured nutritional protocol, rather than trying to mitigate possible fat accrual in response to a provocative glucose challenge such as a cheat meal - what do you think Big T?
    whoa-even if the np's mitigate the carbs, that is a ton of fat to contend with.

    as to the glucose tablet-it says watermelon glucose tablets, dextrose is the carb-4grams. it isn't much just 4 grams but damn, it sure hits fast.
  16. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    There's also a load of fat in that stuff as well so you can't say it was just the sugar. You can't just eat what you want so much even with this. I bet you can add in more carbs to a cut or help with good nutritional plan eating over naintenance and might give you a little more wiggle room.
    this is very true, i have been able to increase my carb intake and still continue to lose weight, plus with the added carbs and creatine my muscles look much fuller and the pump is wild.
  17. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    There's also a load of fat in that stuff as well so you can't say it was just the sugar. You can't just eat what you want so much even with this. I bet you can add in more carbs to a cut or help with good nutritional plan eating over naintenance and might give you a little more wiggle room.
    I agree 101%, and wasn't trying to rely upon any supplement to completely eliminate the inescapable metabolic consequences of having a weekly cheat meal. I just implement GDAs prior to the weekly binge as a type of shock absorber
  18. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I agree 101%, and wasn't trying to rely upon any supplement to completely eliminate the inescapable metabolic consequences of having a weekly cheat meal. I just implement GDAs prior to the weekly binge as a type of shock absorber
    i just added AT-2 in yesterday, you might consider adding this to your cheat meals-very effective fat burner. the slinshot for the carbs and the AT-2 for the fat-got the bases covered.
  19. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    362

    Reputation

    How do u feel the 4grams glucose tablet compares to the 30+ grams sugar in soda?
  20. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    How do u feel the 4grams glucose tablet compares to the 30+ grams sugar in soda?
    the soda wins just due to the extra carbs-but for just 4 grams the glucose tablet is a lot of bang, might try 2 or 3 glucose tablets to see what that's like, but they can get expensive.
  21. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    362

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    the soda wins just due to the extra carbs-but for just 4 grams the glucose tablet is a lot of bang, might try 2 or 3 glucose tablets to see what that's like, but they can get expensive.
    I found 50 glucose tablets at my local rite aid for 6.99, 4g glucose each. I might try them when I cut soda outa my diet haha.
  22. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i just added AT-2 in yesterday, you might consider adding this to your cheat meals-very effective fat burner. the slinshot for the carbs and the AT-2 for the fat-got the bases covered.
    I have always relied on either Clenbutrx, Mitotropin, or Clen/T3 over the years for my choice metabolic amplifiers; what is AT-2? Thanks for the suggestion - being able to cover all macro nutrient bases and reduce the plausible fat gain from cheat meals would be WELCOMED

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    I found 50 glucose tablets at my local rite aid for 6.99, 4g glucose each. I might try them when I cut soda outa my diet haha.
    See...... we can all get along!! HAHAHA! $6.99 for 200g of carbs is a lot, but used sparingly as a very purpose specific additive post workout might prove beneficial
  23. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    I found 50 glucose tablets at my local rite aid for 6.99, 4g glucose each. I might try them when I cut soda outa my diet haha.
    that's a fantastic price, i paid more than that for a 10 pack.
  24. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    that's a fantastic price, i paid more than that for a 10 pack.
    If that was the Rite Aid price... I would have to assume Wal-Mart would have even better prices; I am going to WM tonight to re-stock on some meat head essentials, so I will look around. The Off Season is always the ideal time to incorporate new techniques and apply emerging theory in pharmacology and nutrition. I'll report back here

    Triceps in T-Minus 20 minutes... I have been waiting the recommended full two hours between pre-workout meal and training. Took my two Slin Shot and made some delicious turkey breast and oatmeal bread sandwiches.
  25. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    If that was the Rite Aid price... I would have to assume Wal-Mart would have even better prices; I am going to WM tonight to re-stock on some meat head essentials, so I will look around. The Off Season is always the ideal time to incorporate new techniques and apply emerging theory in pharmacology and nutrition. I'll report back here

    Triceps in T-Minus 20 minutes... I have been waiting the recommended full two hours between pre-workout meal and training. Took my two Slin Shot and made some delicious turkey breast and oatmeal bread sandwiches.
    my wife made oatmeal raisin cookies with molasses as the sweetener-i heard molasses is much better than sugar or even honey.
  26. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my wife made oatmeal raisin cookies with molasses as the sweetener-i heard molasses is much better than sugar or even honey.
    Better in terms of insulin signaling, yes. I believe it exists in the 80's on the Glycemic Index, whereas honey is primarily a fructose derivative and falls well below 70 by any account on the GI - I was just studying the Glycemic Load data last night, and have my notes next to me, but did not mark anything pertaining to syrup or honey.
  27. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    wow 6 glycobol and 4 slinshot prior to a meal and your glycemia remained high through the next day? thats no bueno.

    never do that! split the dose pre meal and mid meal!
  28. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    had another great workout-dosing remained the same 1cap slinshot and then 3 gms creapure, 3gms bcaa and 6 oz grape juice pre and post workout the 1 cap slinshot and 15 minutes later same drink mix.

    i did 20 minutes stairmaster/20 minutes rowing/30 minutes treadmill.

    i decided that i wanted a little cheat so i bought a snickers bar and ate it about 10 minutes after finishing my post workout drink mix. damn, i haven't had a snickers in a long time-damn thing just seemed like a taste of heaven. got home feeling good and then i crashed from the sugar and slept great.
  29. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    had another great workout-dosing remained the same 1cap slinshot and then 3 gms creapure, 3gms bcaa and 6 oz grape juice pre and post workout the 1 cap slinshot and 15 minutes later same drink mix.

    i did 20 minutes stairmaster/20 minutes rowing/30 minutes treadmill.

    i decided that i wanted a little cheat so i bought a snickers bar and ate it about 10 minutes after finishing my post workout drink mix. damn, i haven't had a snickers in a long time-damn thing just seemed like a taste of heaven. got home feeling good and then i crashed from the sugar and slept great.
    There is truly nothing like that sugar-induced nap time, haha! I am glad to see you're using the grape juice; is it a 100% pure juice drink or a juice c-ocktail (had to space the work because it would have been crossed-out)? I ended up at Wal-Mart last night but was in too much of a rush to check on the Glucose tablet/drink pricing. I had an excellent meal upon waking and am going to train quads in half an hour, might be able to get in two workouts today! Have a good one - by the way, my apologies if I missed this anywhere, but are you tracking your body weight or administering any other supplements alongside the Slin Sane?
  30. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    There is truly nothing like that sugar-induced nap time, haha! I am glad to see you're using the grape juice; is it a 100% pure juice drink or a juice c-ocktail (had to space the work because it would have been crossed-out)? I ended up at Wal-Mart last night but was in too much of a rush to check on the Glucose tablet/drink pricing. I had an excellent meal upon waking and am going to train quads in half an hour, might be able to get in two workouts today! Have a good one - by the way, my apologies if I missed this anywhere, but are you tracking your body weight or administering any other supplements alongside the Slin Sane?
    100% grape juice-no ****tail. i weighed in this morning at 197 so i am continuing to lose weight while still looking/feeling full.

    btw-it's slinshot....not slin sane, lol.
  31. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2875

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    100% grape juice-no ****tail. i weighed in this morning at 197 so i am continuing to lose weight while still looking/feeling full.

    btw-it's slinshot....not slin sane, lol.
    DOH! (slaps self on forehead)

    Typo! I must be going slinsane from all this slin shot talk
  32. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    DOH! (slaps self on forehead)

    Typo! I must be going insane from all this slin shot talk

    all is forgiven!!!
  33. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    957092

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Get that name out of this Log!! Lol just playing
  34. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    TOMORROW IS LAST DOSE OF SLINSHOT. i am down 3 pounds since i started the slinshot-this is while adding extra carbs pre and post workout and extra carbs at my big meal of the day. also i added 3 grams creapure pre and post and still lost 3 pounds-this is incredible since my muscles filled out and i look much more swole than at the start. usually i gain at least 5-7 pounds on creatine. with the limited amount of strips i had to use, i still proved-to myself at least, that slinshot has a definite effect on blood sugar. i am taking a break from nutrient partioners then i am planning on using one again-if i decide to stay on creatine my 1st choice will be slinshot, since i feel slinshot/creatine are very compatible. best results i have ever had on creatine-thanks in part to the slinshot i am positive.
  35. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    TOMORROW IS LAST DOSE OF SLINSHOT. i am down 3 pounds since i started the slinshot-this is while adding extra carbs pre and post workout and extra carbs at my big meal of the day. also i added 3 grams creapure pre and post and still lost 3 pounds-this is incredible since my muscles filled out and i look much more swole than at the start. usually i gain at least 5-7 pounds on creatine. with the limited amount of strips i had to use, i still proved-to myself at least, that slinshot has a definite effect on blood sugar. i am taking a break from nutrient partioners then i am planning on using one again-if i decide to stay on creatine my 1st choice will be slinshot, since i feel slinshot/creatine are very compatible. best results i have ever had on creatine-thanks in part to the slinshot i am positive.
    hey man i didnt see your post on glucose readings.... did you take any for an OGTT ? of 75g and slin shot?
  36. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    hey man i didnt see your post on glucose readings.... did you take any for an OGTT ? of 75g and slin shot?
    i kind of did them unplanned and spur of the moment. i did 1 right after eating a big carb meal and 1 on empty stomach 15 minutes after taking 2 slinshot, i was impressed by how close they were. i expected a much wider margin.

    i would have liked to have done a more thorough testing, but i was using my father in laws strips and had a very limited supply-those damned things are expensive, lol.
  37. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i kind of did them unplanned and spur of the moment. i did 1 right after eating a big carb meal and 1 on empty stomach 15 minutes after taking 2 slinshot, i was impressed by how close they were. i expected a much wider margin.

    i would have liked to have done a more thorough testing, but i was using my father in laws strips and had a very limited supply-those damned things are expensive, lol.
    well what were the numbers? and times of dosing.... and what meals?

    sorry so many questions but being vague cant help us assess how well it worked.
  38. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    well what were the numbers? and times of dosing.... and what meals?

    sorry so many questions but being vague cant help us assess how well it worked.
    damn, i was afraid of this, lol. let me look through the log and find them.
  39. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,749
    Rep Power
    10751396

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ok, i took 2 slinshot waited 15 minutes then ate a big meal including 75 carbs. waited 20 minutes-blood sugar was 123.



    took 2 slinshot on totally empty stomach, waited 20 minutes-blood sugar was 112.

    i don't know that much about blood sugar levels but to me i was expecting a much greater margin between the 2?????
  40. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    yes a much greater margin between the 2 but what was your starting glucose (this is important)

    another thing to note is the difference in insulin responce from a pure OGTT and from a large meal with all 3 macros.

    the numbers are not bad at all but i wish you wouldve had starting numbers to see how big the responce was.

    for instance take the serving then test levels immediatly (arguments sake its 80)

    wait 30 min test again PRIOR to meal ( hopefully the same but preferably lower lets say 70)

    then eat and wait 30 minutes after eating and test again (120 what you got) see what im saying.

    and then repeat the same thing with same meal without the slin shot and see what the difference is.

    only true way to test.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 11:53 PM
  2. Purus SlinShot Log / Review
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 10:28 PM
  3. PRDEDMANS SLINSHOT LOG(PURUS)
    By pdredman72 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
  4. purus labs slinshot
    By mikey00843 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
  5. Get your SHOT to log Purus SlinShot
    By Grambo in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in