purus labs-slinshot.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Haha Jasmine and basmati are the only ones i eat...
Most excellent ;)

Do you only use them post workout? I would assume the ensuing insulin release brought about by the glycemic load wouldn't be desired later in the evening, unless you train late at night and also supplement with Slin Shot or other GDAs (or, Insulin)?

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Most excellent ;)

Do you only use them post workout? I would assume the ensuing insulin release brought about by the glycemic load wouldn't be desired later in the evening, unless you train late at night and also supplement with Slin Shot or other GDAs (or, Insulin)?
I train at 2am, that's when I get off work.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I eat Jasmine rice like Im Asian... oh ya I am lol.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I train at 2am, that's when I get off work.
Oh man, I trained for a little over a year from 10-midnight, and to my surprise they were some of the most productive and enjoyable workouts I have ever experienced. It was in a large Gold's Gym out West, and it was a bit of a ghost town at that hour, I can only imagine the tumbleweeds blowing across the aisles at 2am!

If you're using Basmati/Jasmine rice post workout, then of course it is completely fine, no matter what time of the day/night.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I eat Jasmine rice like Im Asian... oh ya I am lol.
I was so surprised during my GI/GL research that Jasmine rice is almost literally on par with pure glucose/dextrose. In fact, according to the data, it might even be even keel with the readily available dextrose based sources, although it wouldn't be absorbed with as much rapidity as glucose tablets.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I was so surprised during my GI/GL research that Jasmine rice is almost literally on par with pure glucose/dextrose. In fact, according to the data, it might even be even keel with the readily available dextrose based sources, although it wouldn't be absorbed with as much rapidity as glucose tablets.
this is true, but I've seen research that indicates the starches in foods act uniquely. For instance, a baked potato may have high GI, but the starches would act as a fiber like substance in the gastrointestinal tract.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
this is true, but I've seen research that indicates the starches in foods act uniquely. For instance, a baked potato may have high GI, but the starches would act as a fiber like substance in the gastrointestinal tract.
Do you believe this purported hypothetical trait would also hold true regarding Basmati/Jasmine rice; and if so to what degree of severity do you see it impeding GI/GL and subsequent insulin signaling/stimulation?

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Do you believe this purported hypothetical trait would also hold true regarding Basmati/Jasmine rice; and if so to what degree of severity do you see it impeding GI/GL and subsequent insulin signaling/stimulation?
Resistant starch, a nutrient found in certain carbohydrate-rich foods, mimics fiber during digestion and provides many of the same health benefits.

Although resistant starch is technically a starch, it acts more like fiber during digestion than a starch. Typically, starches found in carbohydrate-rich foods such as grains, fruits, and vegetables, are broken down into glucose during digestion and that glucose is used as energy by the body. Much like fiber, resistant starch "resists" digestion and passes right through the small intestine without being digested. Because of this, some researchers classify resistant starch as a third type of fiber alongside soluble and insoluble fiber.

While resistant starch is found naturally in certain foods, the cooling period of the cooking process can create higher levels of resistant starch. When starchy foods are cooked, starch absorbs water and then swells. During cooling of cooked foods, some of the starch crystallizes into resistant starch. Cooling foods in the refrigerator or at room temperature will cause resistant starch levels to rise.

Health Benefits of Resistant Starch
Not only does resistant starch act like fiber during digestion, it also offers many of the same health benefits as fiber, including:

Aids weight loss and digestive health
Helps prevent constipation
Helps to maintain blood sugar levels
Reduces the risk of developing diabetes and heart disease
Boosts immunity
Reduces the risk of colon cancer
Increases mineral absorption

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Resistant starch, a nutrient found in certain carbohydrate-rich foods, mimics fiber during digestion and provides many of the same health benefits.

Although resistant starch is technically a starch, it acts more like fiber during digestion than a starch. Typically, starches found in carbohydrate-rich foods such as grains, fruits, and vegetables, are broken down into glucose during digestion and that glucose is used as energy by the body. Much like fiber, resistant starch "resists" digestion and passes right through the small intestine without being digested. Because of this, some researchers classify resistant starch as a third type of fiber alongside soluble and insoluble fiber.

While resistant starch is found naturally in certain foods, the cooling period of the cooking process can create higher levels of resistant starch. When starchy foods are cooked, starch absorbs water and then swells. During cooling of cooked foods, some of the starch crystallizes into resistant starch. Cooling foods in the refrigerator or at room temperature will cause resistant starch levels to rise.

Health Benefits of Resistant Starch
Not only does resistant starch act like fiber during digestion, it also offers many of the same health benefits as fiber, including:

Aids weight loss and digestive health
Helps prevent constipation
Helps to maintain blood sugar levels
Reduces the risk of developing diabetes and heart disease
Boosts immunity
Reduces the risk of colon cancer
Increases mineral absorption
If this does pertain to Basmati/Jasmine type rices, I wonder how much it ultimately downgrades the eventual insulin release in response to the measured GI and GL, when compared to similar carbohydrate sources such as dextrose or dates?