purus labs-slinshot.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
100% grape juice-no ****tail. i weighed in this morning at 197 so i am continuing to lose weight while still looking/feeling full.

btw-it's slinshot....not slin sane, lol.:chairfall:
DOH! (slaps self on forehead)

Typo! I must be going slinsane from all this slin shot talk ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
TOMORROW IS LAST DOSE OF SLINSHOT. i am down 3 pounds since i started the slinshot-this is while adding extra carbs pre and post workout and extra carbs at my big meal of the day. also i added 3 grams creapure pre and post and still lost 3 pounds-this is incredible since my muscles filled out and i look much more swole than at the start. usually i gain at least 5-7 pounds on creatine. with the limited amount of strips i had to use, i still proved-to myself at least, that slinshot has a definite effect on blood sugar. i am taking a break from nutrient partioners then i am planning on using one again-if i decide to stay on creatine my 1st choice will be slinshot, since i feel slinshot/creatine are very compatible. best results i have ever had on creatine-thanks in part to the slinshot i am positive.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TOMORROW IS LAST DOSE OF SLINSHOT. i am down 3 pounds since i started the slinshot-this is while adding extra carbs pre and post workout and extra carbs at my big meal of the day. also i added 3 grams creapure pre and post and still lost 3 pounds-this is incredible since my muscles filled out and i look much more swole than at the start. usually i gain at least 5-7 pounds on creatine. with the limited amount of strips i had to use, i still proved-to myself at least, that slinshot has a definite effect on blood sugar. i am taking a break from nutrient partioners then i am planning on using one again-if i decide to stay on creatine my 1st choice will be slinshot, since i feel slinshot/creatine are very compatible. best results i have ever had on creatine-thanks in part to the slinshot i am positive.
hey man i didnt see your post on glucose readings.... did you take any for an OGTT ? of 75g and slin shot?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey man i didnt see your post on glucose readings.... did you take any for an OGTT ? of 75g and slin shot?
i kind of did them unplanned and spur of the moment. i did 1 right after eating a big carb meal and 1 on empty stomach 15 minutes after taking 2 slinshot, i was impressed by how close they were. i expected a much wider margin.

i would have liked to have done a more thorough testing, but i was using my father in laws strips and had a very limited supply-those damned things are expensive, lol.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i kind of did them unplanned and spur of the moment. i did 1 right after eating a big carb meal and 1 on empty stomach 15 minutes after taking 2 slinshot, i was impressed by how close they were. i expected a much wider margin.

i would have liked to have done a more thorough testing, but i was using my father in laws strips and had a very limited supply-those damned things are expensive, lol.
well what were the numbers? and times of dosing.... and what meals?

sorry so many questions but being vague cant help us assess how well it worked.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well what were the numbers? and times of dosing.... and what meals?

sorry so many questions but being vague cant help us assess how well it worked.
damn, i was afraid of this, lol. let me look through the log and find them.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, i took 2 slinshot waited 15 minutes then ate a big meal including 75 carbs. waited 20 minutes-blood sugar was 123.

took 2 slinshot on totally empty stomach, waited 20 minutes-blood sugar was 112.

i don't know that much about blood sugar levels but to me i was expecting a much greater margin between the 2?????

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes a much greater margin between the 2 but what was your starting glucose (this is important)

another thing to note is the difference in insulin responce from a pure OGTT and from a large meal with all 3 macros.

the numbers are not bad at all but i wish you wouldve had starting numbers to see how big the responce was.

for instance take the serving then test levels immediatly (arguments sake its 80)

wait 30 min test again PRIOR to meal ( hopefully the same but preferably lower lets say 70)

then eat and wait 30 minutes after eating and test again (120 what you got) see what im saying.

and then repeat the same thing with same meal without the slin shot and see what the difference is.

only true way to test.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes a much greater margin between the 2 but what was your starting glucose (this is important)

another thing to note is the difference in insulin responce from a pure OGTT and from a large meal with all 3 macros.

the numbers are not bad at all but i wish you wouldve had starting numbers to see how big the responce was.

for instance take the serving then test levels immediatly (arguments sake its 80)

wait 30 min test again PRIOR to meal ( hopefully the same but preferably lower lets say 70)

then eat and wait 30 minutes after eating and test again (120 what you got) see what im saying.

and then repeat the same thing with same meal without the slin shot and see what the difference is.

only true way to test.
i know my testing was very amatuerish, but i had my wife do it for me and i am sure she wasn't thrilled about my using her dads test strips. tbh i was just thrilled to get any results at all.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i hear ya man!

you know for next time lol good stuff with your results!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i hear ya man!

you know for next time lol good stuff with your results!
i have a much cheaper meter than my father in law, the strips are a lot cheaper too. next time i will buy some strips and record reading from the start.

this was a trail and error experience for me, next time i will be much better prepared. but i am going to go out on a limb and say i honestly feel slinshot had a definite effect on blood glucose.

i learned a lot of useful stuff from this thread, and i want to thank everyone for contributing very informative ideas and opinions. the next time i run this or any other np i will be much more informed.

big thanks to grambo and purus labs for this opportunity, i really enjoyed the product.:usa:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job T and I am learning this game right along with you. Makes life a little more fun for us older carb sensitive guys!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice job T and I am learning this game right along with you. Makes life a little more fun for us older carb sensitive guys!!
i learned a lot during this log, but it just shows me how much more i need to learn. but yeah, it is kinda fun learning new stuff, lol.:chairfall:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With these NPs we can actually have our cake and eat it too!! hehheh

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have a much cheaper meter than my father in law, the strips are a lot cheaper too. next time i will buy some strips and record reading from the start.

this was a trail and error experience for me, next time i will be much better prepared. but i am going to go out on a limb and say i honestly feel slinshot had a definite effect on blood glucose.

i learned a lot of useful stuff from this thread, and i want to thank everyone for contributing very informative ideas and opinions. the next time i run this or any other np i will be much more informed.

big thanks to grambo and purus labs for this opportunity, i really enjoyed the product.:usa:
Thanks for the positive review buddy you were a great logger! Appreciate all the good info you were able to post up.:fing02:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the positive review buddy you were a great logger! Appreciate all the good info you were able to post up.:fing02:
thanks, i had a lot of help from guys who really know what they are doing. i think slinshot has a lot of potential-particularly when ran with creatine. i really enjoyed this product and am grateful for the opportunity.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man, i am just starting to tap into their potential. np's just might be the turning point for cut cycles, imo. it seems obvious their benefit on bulk cycles.:food:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Well...... I tried that, not so much, haha! ;)

NPs/GDAs are most efficacious when used in conjunction with an already sound and calculated nutritional protocol in order to offer an amplified effect. Aside from perhaps large dosages of Metformin paired with Cytomel, Tren-Acetate, Anavar, and C-HCL I don't know of anything that will allow me to have some Betty Crocker 'Super Moist' and not transform into a spherical bloated mess!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well...... I tried that, not so much, haha! ;)

NPs/GDAs are most efficacious when used in conjunction with an already sound and calculated nutritional protocol in order to offer an amplified effect. Aside from perhaps large dosages of Metformin paired with Cytomel, Tren-Acetate, Anavar, and C-HCL I don't know of anything that will allow me to have some Betty Crocker 'Super Moist' and not transform into a spherical bloated mess!
Well said Outstanding. Same way here, I don't picture me ever being able to eat 250+ grams of carbs except on refeed days again if I want to maintain this level of leaness (is that a word?). They do an amazing job of helping with proper disposal of carbs once you find the one that works best for you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well said Outstanding. Same way here, I don't picture me ever being able to eat 250+ grams of carbs except on refeed days again if I want to maintain this level of leaness (is that a word?). They do an amazing job of helping with proper disposal of carbs once you find the one that works best for you.
as with all supps-they will help-but the heavy lifting is still up to the user.:sgrin:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I agree totally here guys. I was just being humorous with that comment. This supplement will only accentuate an already well planned diet and help keep you sane when trying to cut.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i personaly use NPs as a safety net on designated cheat or refeed days), and to enhance fat burning along with keepin fat off during a bulk which are main reasons, but the plust to most are multi funtion that help with more then just sugar control.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i personaly use NPs as a safety net on designated cheat or refeed days), and to enhance fat burning along with keepin fat off during a bulk which are main reasons, but the plust to most are multi funtion that help with more then just sugar control.
Such as creatine uptake efficiency and better utilization of the food we consume daily?

I have stated before, and will repeat myself... I have never been so intrigued by the theory and science/eventual effect that all revolve around GDAs - especially with specific focus on the bodybuilder's ultimate physique aspirations; but could carry over to the general population as well.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
"Leanness," you just left out an 'n.' ;)

Thanks for the compliment - and have a great Memorial Day Weekend (which... ironically, will probably end up necessitating a LOT of GDAs during the barbecue festivities, hahaha!!!) :)

as with all supps-they will help-but the heavy lifting is still up to the user.:sgrin:
That should be put on a label... reworded a little bit and maybe with some black and yellow construction caution graphics! "DO OPERATE heavy machinery while using THIS PRODUCT!" (Ohhhhh I like it, I'm going to trade mark it!) Call the supplement line "Body Blue Print"

Oh I agree totally here guys. I was just being humorous with that comment. This supplement will only accentuate an already well planned diet and help keep you sane when trying to cut.
Yellow Cake, chocolate icing.... cough cough Metformin/hGH/T3/Clenbuterol/Glycobol/Slin-Sane/Humulin-R ;) "Hey, no fat accumulation!!!"

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yellow Cake, chocolate icing.... cough cough Metformin/hGH/T3/Clenbuterol/Glycobol/Slin-Sane/Humulin-R "Hey, no fat accumulation!!!"

I wish I could eat cake. My birthday is next month so maybe a slice then. So far SS is the only product on that list I have used. Aside from GBol, the others don't really appeal to me. Getting ready to log ASGT/AP for LG so I might be posting up pics...:popworm:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yellow Cake, chocolate icing.... cough cough Metformin/hGH/T3/Clenbuterol/Glycobol/Slin-Sane/Humulin-R "Hey, no fat accumulation!!!"

I wish I could eat cake. My birthday is next month so maybe a slice then. So far SS is the only product on that list I have used. Aside from GBol, the others don't really appeal to me. Getting ready to log ASGT/AP for LG so I might be posting up pics...:popworm:
Ahhh yes, pics! That would be nice. I always hold a certain respect for the gents who lay it on the line and post their pictures online for the World to see.

Why can't you eat cake? Are you prepping for a show? The secret to life... is B. Crocker's Super Moist yellow cake with chocolate icing; adding ever so slightly more veg. oil than the box calls for, in order to produce an insanely rich and creamy orgasmic base residing just beneath the warm dark icing. ;) I like food.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh yes, pics! That would be nice. I always hold a certain respect for the gents who lay it on the line and post their pictures online for the World to see.

Why can't you eat cake? Are you prepping for a show? The secret to life... is B. Crocker's Super Moist yellow cake with chocolate icing; adding ever so slightly more veg. oil than the box calls for, in order to produce an insanely rich and creamy orgasmic base residing just beneath the warm dark icing. ;) I like food.
I PREFER GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COCONUT ICING.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a pie man myself!! And yes hair pie would be included...:sgrin:

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Would it be safe to inject pure insulin to increase anabolism?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really playing with fire here. You can get in a world of hurt fast with this stuff if not educated on it.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Safe, no. Incredibly Anabolic? Yes.

Safety is relative... it is life threatening to cross the street, or drive to work on a daily basis - however we subscribe to certain behaviors and patterns such as looking both ways or obeying the speed limit and wearing a seat restraint.

Insulin, much like DNP, are both vilified in an unfair and intellectually dishonest light. If you are an educated and calculating bodybuilder who is exacting in all their efforts with a solid set of cumulative years of consistent training who is fervent about making progress once that physiological wall is encountered rendering us all at an anabolic stale mate - then Insulin can be used wisely and with utmost efficacy by those who run it concurrently with other AAS and thyroid potentiating drugs to mitigate adipogenesis.

I can understand and even uphold (to a point) the horrendous collection of disinformation circulating in the cyber sphere regarding Insulin, because every eighteen year old with a gym membership who over hears Johnny Benchpress mention steroids, wants to immediately board the fast train to magazine cover worthy proportions. If pouring gasoline on yourself and then inviting friends over to have a bonfire was purported to build slabs of muscle by some meat head with their arms out to the side doing their best impersonation of a 747 coming in for the landing, someone would try it.

Insulin is an irrefutable powerhouse of limitless potential, but never underestimate the just-as-powerful (and dangerous) philosophy of more = better being enacted by an unlearned teenager who jabs himself in the stomach with 100iu's of Humulin because he didn't know normal syringes couldn't be used.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Safe, no. Incredibly Anabolic? Yes.

Safety is relative... it is life threatening to cross the street, or drive to work on a daily basis - however we subscribe to certain behaviors and patterns such as looking both ways or obeying the speed limit and wearing a seat restraint.

Insulin, much like DNP, are both vilified in an unfair and intellectually dishonest light. If you are an educated and calculating bodybuilder who is exacting in all their efforts with a solid set of cumulative years of consistent training who is fervent about making progress once that physiological wall is encountered rendering us all at an anabolic stale mate - then Insulin can be used wisely and with utmost efficacy by those who run it concurrently with other AAS and thyroid potentiating drugs to mitigate adipogenesis.

I can understand and even uphold (to a point) the horrendous collection of disinformation circulating in the cyber sphere regarding Insulin, because every eighteen year old with a gym membership who over hears Johnny Benchpress mention steroids, wants to immediately board the fast train to magazine cover worthy proportions. If pouring gasoline on yourself and then inviting friends over to have a bonfire was purported to build slabs of muscle by some meat head with their arms out to the side doing their best impersonation of a 747 coming in for the landing, someone would try it.

Insulin is an irrefutable powerhouse of limitless potential, but never underestimate the just-as-powerful (and dangerous) philosophy of more = better being enacted by an unlearned teenager who jabs himself in the stomach with 100iu's of Humulin because he didn't know normal syringes couldn't be used.

How effective would it be do supplement T3/T4 thyroid compounds? Without insulin or AAS...

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How effective would it be do supplement T3/T4 thyroid compounds? Without insulin or AAS...
For cutting? I would try to use some sort of androgen with T3 supplementation. But it can be used without at slightly lower dosages. The idea that suddenly your muscles will disappear with their use is unfounded in my opinion.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bump for all the good info!!!:beerchug:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Well for fat loss Cytomel will always be effective, and T4 purportedly converts with enough efficiency to T3 in vivo to manifest comparable results all while off setting the GH suppression usually encountered while on Cytomel. In my opinion, Cytomel is still the method of choice when given the option between these two drugs. Now, as far as possible thyroid induced atrophy on lean tissue, this will of course happen if you are not actively dosing some AAS intervention measures; but as Grambo said, it isn't as dramatic or expedient as some sensationalists would have you believe (who ironically probably don't have any experience directly with the drug anyway, they simply parrot text book rhetoric).

You will feel lethargic and your muscle fullness will disappear, but you will not wake up the following morning after a 50mcg dose of Cytomel and be unable to brush your teeth because you've withered away to a skin-and-bones muscle devoid ghost. That being said, the detrimental effects realized can be slowed with the utmost dedication to training and nutrition, but why risk taking even microscopic steps backward when you could simply administer Test/Tren and overcome all catabolic conditions wrought by an artificially amplified thyroidal function? Remember, Cytomel increases the PTO rate and hence necessitates a higher ingestion of protein and muscle sparing nutrients to circumvent the inevitable proteolysis and inability to sustain anabolic levels of nitrogen retention.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Supplementing kelp (iodine source) and l-tyrosine can boost thyroid function naturally.

I have used bioidentical T3T4 in the past and it gave me tons of energy. I quit use of it because it decreased my appetite.

Xupeta

Awards
Hello, I got a few questions about Purus Slingshot.

Is it meant to be taken pre or post workout?

If I can take it pre workout, can I take with muscle marinade or just SS?

Do I need to eat carbs when I take the Slingshot?

Thanks in advance

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established

Thanks in advance
ALWAYS take with carbs.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
BOOO YAAA!!! BIG MAN!!! Just stopping by and saying hi TO YA!!! KEEP KILLIN EM BOOM BOOM BOOOOM!!!! :wizard:

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks in advance
1. Post workout and pre next biggest carb meals are the optimal ways to use SS. It can be prefermce though and you're welcome to give a few different things a try.
2. I'd use MM pre and SS post IMO
3. Carb intake is where your results from SS are going to show and shine. There are some theories about taking it In a low carb enviornment to increase lipolysis. In theory it could be used but i think pre carbs are the best way for now.

Xupeta

Awards
1. Post workout and pre next biggest carb meals are the optimal ways to use SS. It can be prefermce though and you're welcome to give a few different things a try.
2. I'd use MM pre and SS post IMO
3. Carb intake is where your results from SS are going to show and shine. There are some theories about taking it In a low carb enviornment to increase lipolysis. In theory it could be used but i think pre carbs are the best way for now.
Thanks for the response, that cleared up for me. Well Im going to take MM for pre and SS post with waxy maize & a shake with protein, honey, bananas or strawberries(or both) with oats. Well you mentioned pre carbs, you meant I would take waxy maize then my MM, and then take it post workout with SS in conjunction with my protein shake?

I found this waxy maize by IDS on BB.com looks like its promising

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response, that cleared up for me. Well Im going to take MM for pre and SS post with waxy maize & a shake with protein, honey, bananas or strawberries(or both) with oats. Well you mentioned pre carbs, you meant I would take waxy maize then my MM, and then take it post workout with SS in conjunction with my protein shake?

I found this waxy maize by IDS on BB.com looks like its promising
You might try some rice. Real rice, steamed.

Xupeta

Awards
Just try it to see what works best for you then let us know.
alright, now i just need cooked rice :squareeyed: that shouldn't be a problem. I will start taking it soon, just need to heal from an injury at work, thx again guys for the info.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
You might try some rice. Real rice, steamed.
Jasmine and Basmati Rice contain nearly the highest Glycemic indexes and loads of any food ever recorded. White rice and brown rice really don't differ all that much, same with whole wheat bread and white bread - the dichotomy of GI regarding white/wheat really isn't all that diverse or significant.

To increase the GI and GL even further, purchase the instant variety rice, as they have already been modified to cook quickly and will digest even faster to spike insulin with unparalleled rapidity.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Jasmine and Basmati Rice contain nearly the highest Glycemic indexes and loads of any food ever recorded. White rice and brown rice really don't differ all that much, same with whole wheat bread and white bread - the dichotomy of GI regarding white/wheat really isn't all that diverse or significant.

To increase the GI and GL even further, purchase the instant variety rice, as they have already been modified to cook quickly and will digest even faster to spike insulin with unparalleled rapidity.
Haha Jasmine and basmati are the only ones i eat...