purus labs-slinshot.

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Oh and I have been a little Behind in my posts...

Attachment 33165
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Pictures please. Pictures.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Hey DJBomb you get yours? Just checking
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Yes. Did you see my post. I start monday.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Have only been on my phone last few days so have not! Looking forward to thoughts.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Wow I saw the start of this thread but somehow am just now subscribing. I guess I dropped the ball but I just caught up with some reading. Looks like u r really liking it. Might have to pick some up because AP doesnt seem to be doing the trick.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Wow I saw the start of this thread but somehow am just now subscribing. I guess I dropped the ball but I just caught up with some reading. Looks like u r really liking it. Might have to pick some up because AP doesnt seem to be doing the trick.
    a lot of guys swear by ap, but it didn't work well for m either-i have had some good results from slinshot, so far.

will post again later-heading to hospital-my father in law had the toes amputated on his left [only] foot today.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Well I hope he gets better. Go take care of family like a MAN!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry about the news T. Glad the foot will be kept and he should still have his mobility to a good extent.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

My prayers go out to your family big man!! Hang in there!
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

looking for a good dose schedule. does 2 with am meal and either 1 or 2 after workout with a meal. anyone have any info on this product. so far have been on it using 2 pills a day and dont feel much
    im 6'2" 245 lbs im thinking of 2 with am meal and 2 post workout with carb meal/drink
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mikey00843 View Post
    looking for a good dose schedule. does 2 with am meal and either 1 or 2 after workout with a meal. anyone have any info on this product. so far have been on it using 2 pills a day and dont feel much
    im 6'2" 245 lbs im thinking of 2 with am meal and 2 post workout with carb meal/drink
    take the slinshot 15 minutes before meal on empty stomach. 2/2 should be plenty.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

my father in law had toes amputated monday. he is doing fine, in good spirits. my wife and i are going to have him stay with us until monday, he should be able to put weight on his foot by then.

been slacking some on workouts but have still been dosing slinshot-gained 2 pounds, but plan to start hitting the gym hard again tomorrow. muscles still feel and look full and pumped even though i haven't been hitting it very hard last few days.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Have you tried using soda after your dose?
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

been slacking some on workouts but have still been dosing slinshot-gained 2 pounds, but plan to start hitting the gym hard again tomorrow. muscles still feel and look full and pumped even though i haven't been hitting it very hard last few days.
    Hey Big T,

I just wanted to drop in and let you know I am encouraged by your feedback, because I am beginning to realize much the same in my own physique. It has been about a week now with Slin Sane, and I am noticing fuller and tighter musculature all around, which is rare for me by and large.

My best wishes to your father in law, and I also hope you get back in the gym and crush the iron on a more regular basis. Take care
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    Have you tried using soda after your dose?
    why?
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Hey Big T,

I just wanted to drop in and let you know I am encouraged by your feedback, because I am beginning to realize much the same in my own physique. It has been about a week now with Slin Sane, and I am noticing fuller and tighter musculature all around, which is rare for me by and large.

My best wishes to your father in law, and I also hope you get back in the gym and crush the iron on a more regular basis. Take care
    we got my father in law home around 1:30 i hit the gym about 3. had a good workout and couldn't believe how pumped and full i was. i think i have the timing down pretty good for the slinshot and results are backing this up.

my father in law has a meter and kit for taking blood sugar-i took 2 slingshot then ate a meal with 75 carbs-same as what art gets, 20 minutes later i took my blood sugar-it was 123. that is remarkable that sugar was so low that soon after eating a meal with 75 carbs-i have to say this is due to the slinshot. i don't want to use too many of art's strips but i will do before and after eating testing tomorrow.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

why?
    For extreme effects.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

For extreme effects.
    what would soda do that grape juice doesn't? if you know something i don't about this enlighten me, i am willing to try most anything for increased results.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

what would soda do that grape juice doesn't? if you know something i don't about this enlighten me, i am willing to try most anything for increased results.
    I've always believed that soda was the best thing if you wanted to spike sugar/insulin. I've drank juice as a lower sugar alternative to soda, juices may also have less of an insulin spiking ability.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

I've always believed that soda was the best thing if you wanted to spike sugar/insulin. I've drank juice as a lower sugar alternative to soda, juices may also have less of an insulin spiking ability.
    so we talking coke or pepsi, or would a mountain dew work just as well? i am going to try this-thanks!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

so we talking coke or pepsi, or would a mountain dew work just as well? i am going to try this-thanks!
    Anything should work as long as it isn't DIET lol! I've used coke in the past but am currently using canada dry ginger ale.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Anything should work as long as it isn't DIET lol! I've used coke in the past but am currently using canada dry ginger ale.
    good call!!! i did my regular routine, then had a can of coke. those extra carbs really hit fast, felt almost hyper. been a long time since i felt so pumped up and energized after workout-geez, i haven't had a can of regular pepsi in over a year, lol. so far, i am very impressed with slinshot!!! but i highly recommend anyone trying it adds some creatine, i seriously believe i am reacting better than normal to the creatine while on the slinshot-i have been adding weight to my usual lifts, strength is climbing.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

good call!!! i did my regular routine, then had a can of coke. those extra carbs really hit fast, felt almost hyper. been a long time since i felt so pumped up and energized after workout-geez, i haven't had a can of regular pepsi in over a year, lol. so far, i am very impressed with slinshot!!! but i highly recommend anyone trying it adds some creatine, i seriously believe i am reacting better than normal to the creatine while on the slinshot-i have been adding weight to my usual lifts, strength is climbing.
    This makes sense considering insulin is supposed to help shuttle creatine to the muscles.

I have a can of soda after more than half of my workouts. I believe it helps me to grow... Insulin is very anabolic.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

This makes sense considering insulin is supposed to help shuttle creatine to the muscles.

I have a can of soda after more than half of my workouts. I believe it helps me to grow... Insulin is very anabolic.
    look up the study on the ingredient in slinshot-it shows much higher absorption of creatine if slinshot is taken before the creatine. there is even a best selling pre workout product that contains creatine and has a small amount of slinshot ingredient included. i have used creatine alot, and never had the results i am getting with taking slinshot before-not even close. the muscle fullness is very nice!!!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Pre workout with slinshot ingredient??
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Pre workout with slinshot ingredient??
    yup. but it is a proprietary blend, so you can take to the bank it isn't even close to whats in a cap of slinshot. just making the point of how compatible slinshot is with creatine.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

yup. but it is a proprietary blend, so you can take to the bank it isn't even close to whats in a cap of slinshot. just making the point of how compatible slinshot is with creatine.
  29. Registered User
    Answers

i took 2 slinshot on a totally empty stomach, waited 20 minutes and did blood sugar test. it was 112.

i won't be able to do any more testing, my father in law only has so many strips here at my house and i won't use any more of them. i can honestly say that slinshot lowers blood sugar levels by a significant amount. what i can't say is if it has this effect the 1st time you use it or if this effect is cumulative, since i have been taking slinshot daily for 2 weeks.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

we got my father in law home around 1:30 i hit the gym about 3. had a good workout and couldn't believe how pumped and full i was. i think i have the timing down pretty good for the slinshot and results are backing this up.

my father in law has a meter and kit for taking blood sugar-i took 2 slingshot then ate a meal with 75 carbs-same as what art gets, 20 minutes later i took my blood sugar-it was 123. that is remarkable that sugar was so low that soon after eating a meal with 75 carbs-i have to say this is due to the slinshot. i don't want to use too many of art's strips but i will do before and after eating testing tomorrow.
    This is VERY interesting! Actually being able to take real time accurate data after ingestion of any supplement geared toward glucose modulation is very enlightening. Thank you so much for sharing... those strips run about $1 a piece don't they, which measuring 3 times daily adds up to $100 a month.

Would you be willing to do the same 75g carbohydrate intake during the same time of day and take a measurement of your blood sugar without administering Slin Sane? This would be an endlessly helpful and illuminating measurement, since everything can be replicated and the only 'control' factor is the absence of the Slin Shot.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

PS: Regarding the juice vs. soda discussion... I would be one to subscribe the philosophy that sugar is sugar; the only difference is the carbonation. I would be hard pressed to subscribe to the notion that soda has a higher intrinsic ability to heighten insulin release opposed to fruit juice, which is also sugar laden and ounce-for-ounce almost identical concerning nutrition data. There is a very small variance of any meaningful or significant value between refined and processed simple sugars which all exist in the upper stratosphere of the Glycemic Index.
  32. Registered User
    Answers

PS: Regarding the juice vs. soda discussion... I would be one to subscribe the philosophy that sugar is sugar; the only difference is the carbonation. I would be hard pressed to subscribe to the notion that soda has a higher intrinsic ability to heighten insulin release opposed to fruit juice, which is also sugar laden and ounce-for-ounce almost identical concerning nutrition data. There is a very small variance of any meaningful or significant value between refined and processed simple sugars which all exist in the upper stratosphere of the Glycemic Index.
    dr.d sent me a pm agreeing with the soda over grape juice.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Only thing I don't like is the chemicals and ingredients versus grape juice, more in a long term or health wise out look but other than that I agree. Soda just really isn't conducive to health on any level. I'm a big proponent of the make up of diet makes a big difference versus just looking at macros.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Only thing I don't like is the chemicals and ingredients versus grape juice, more in a long term or health wise out look but other than that I agree. Soda just really isn't conducive to health on any level. I'm a big proponent of the make up of diet makes a big difference versus just looking at macros.
    i think it is the high fructose corn syrup in the sodas that is the cause of the insulin spike. i am a big fan of grape juice for the anti oxidents, but 1 soda once or twice a week can't be that bad for you???
  35. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Probably not honestly I am not a fan of HFCS at all for me but will a little kill you...prob not
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Probably not honestly I am not a fan of HFCS at all for me but will a little kill you...prob not
    trust me, if it were not for the slinshot i would NOT be messin with it. i have been on a cut for so long that it's cool to have some latitude to fool around with different stuff like this. i think it will make it much easier for the pounds to come off when i go back to limiting carbs-believe me it's very cool to take a break like this.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

You need a nutrition course.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

You need a nutrition course.
    From your arrogant and abrasive drive by insult, I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to assume you're the man for the job of showing me the failures and near sighted limitations of my remedial grasp upon the optimal methods of nutrition utilization and stratagems.

So, please professor... enlighten me on the dynamic shift in the insulin response mechanisms on the magnitude that would elicit measurably and significantly greater anabolism when clinically comparing the well documented and peer reviewed nutraceutical additives known as Juice ****tails/Drinks to Coca Cola.

...or... were you merely spreading your feathers too wide like a bored peahen caught a midst a bout of Internet boredom and decided to attack my founded logic based in years of study, formal education, applied science, and irrefutable logic - with your fleeting misstep of conceitedness?
  39. Registered User
    Answers

dr.d sent me a pm agreeing with the soda over grape juice.
    I'm not sure who Dr. D is, but I would be extremely impressed and truly left in shock to have anyone articulate a valid and substantiated argument that would demonstrate a clear dichotomy of efficacy in imparting hypertrophy which favors soda over a fruit ****tail or drink, which equals or exceeds the caloric content and sugar density of soda.

Agreed completely... aside from the potential bloating and the myriad of other long since demonstrated horrendous health lowering effects associated directly and indirectly with soda consumption and the absolute abject lack of nutritional value of any sort, I simply cannot advocate or find just cause for the inclusion of anything on a regular basis containing such overwhelming HFCS amounts in anyone's planned and progress-focused health concerned and anabolism driven stratagem.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

keep it coming, i am soaking this stuff up. i don't plan on using np's all the time but it is great to give myself a break from the low carbs. the more i experiment with diet on slinshot the more i will learn, so i am open to new ideas. i am convinced from the blood tests i did that slinshot effects blood sugar levels-now the key is how to best utilize this.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 11:53 PM
  2. Purus SlinShot Log / Review
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 10:28 PM
  3. PRDEDMANS SLINSHOT LOG(PURUS)
    By pdredman72 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 06:30 PM