purus labs-slinshot.

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    wow-that would be potent. messing with injected insulin make me nervous.

i really hope you get that testing equipment for blood sugar, if you do please post results.
    If I do, I promise everyone here I will post some interesting findings - but simply based on my last stroll through Walgreens, the monitors and strips that offer some advanced feedback options are NOT cheap by any measure

I'm going to be training in a few hours... I wonder how that massive cheat fest yesterday will bode with my impending iron insanity

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    If I do, I promise everyone here I will post some interesting findings - but simply based on my last stroll through Walgreens, the monitors and strips that offer some advanced feedback options are NOT cheap by any measure

I'm going to be training in a few hours... I wonder how that massive cheat fest yesterday will bode with my impending iron insanity
    i have a meter i bought when my father in law was staying with us, but the strips are expired. the strips are f'ing high as hell-damn! i might break down and buy some, but if i do i will use sparingly.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Yes any blood work would be very nice to see from people. I didn't require it in the logs or anything because I work in a pharmacy and know how expensive it is. Meters are relatively cheap but strips is where it gets very expensive.

I would not combine these with Gluco****e/Metformin or Insulin in my opinion.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.04%

Lol seriously they ****** that out?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Hahaha
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Yes any blood work would be very nice to see from people. I didn't require it in the logs or anything because I work in a pharmacy and know how expensive it is. Meters are relatively cheap but strips is where it gets very expensive.

WHEN WOULD BE THE BEST TIMES TO CHECK BLOOD TO SHOW THAT SLINSHOT IS WORKING? damn, sorry bout the caps!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.04%

WHEN WOULD BE THE BEST TIMES TO CHECK BLOOD TO SHOW THAT SLINSHOT IS WORKING? damn, sorry bout the caps!
    Honestly if you took your reading (fasting would be best but not totally necessary) and then take a second reading a certain amount of time later (15-25min) To see if there is a significant reduction.

If you REALLY wanted to test it you could do this protocol (expensive with strips):

Day 1:
    Test 1. Morning Fasted
    Test 2. Post Breakfast (or just carbs for test)

Day 2:
    Test 1. Morning Fasted
    **Dose SS
    Test 2. Post Meal or Carb source ( EXACT same content as Day 1)
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.28%

big t, ur using pre cardio and pre resistance?
  9. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

I just learned that about strips the other day - wow, I was amazed and though the strips would be the cheapest part. I believe its obvious why they are so high though, because they only sell one monitor and they can't look you in the eye and tell you those needles to draw blood cost more than 20 cents to produce, so they reap the majority of their profit from the ongoing need for strips. I sure would love to get into the science of self-study though, and see what my glucose levels are in response to varying conditions, times, activities, foods, and supplements!

I was just thinking out loud earlier regarding the Metformin and Insulin... although extremely attractive and powerful at face value, the side effects, risks, and other considerations make these compounds a no-go zone!
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

Yeah, that's weird! I think because people started using the "ph" spelling for p-h-a-g, in stead of the usual f-a-g spelling. Just so happens our beloved Glucop-h-a-g-e (Metformin) has that combination in there - but I could be wrong, because I would think these quirky combinations of cuss words show up all the time, like the word embarrassed for example.

Anyway, just so I'm not squandering an entire post on that unimportant malarkey and hijacking the thread, I actually did want to say my BB.com order is arriving today or tomorrow at the latest according to Fed Ex tracking - and I will be incorporating a 2nd (new) GDA into my regimen, I won't mention the name here out of respect.

I do have a question... have you/others every used GDAs just prior to retiring for the evening in bed in order to dispose of any circulating or excess carbohydrates while you sleep in order to ensure ketosis upon waking so as morning cardio starts you can immediately tap into fat stores as the primary energy source? I would think this would be a very valuable sort of off-label use for these type supplements so users could reap the rewards of a two-tiered results system from their investment
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

looking into adding dhea at bedtime. it's effects on sugar metabolism are very intriguing.

didn't workout today so i haven't dosed slinshot, yet. i have been sticking to my diet pretty good, so i told my wife we would go to dairy queen for some ice cream before work tonight. going to take 3 slinshot before the ice cream-it will be the 1st time i have taken 3 at 1 time.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.41%

looking into adding dhea at bedtime. it's effects on sugar metabolism are very intriguing.

didn't workout today so i haven't dosed slinshot, yet. i have been sticking to my diet pretty good, so i told my wife we would go to dairy queen for some ice cream before work tonight. going to take 3 slinshot before the ice cream-it will be the 1st time i have taken 3 at 1 time.
    DAM MANG!! Always doing it big i see!!1 3 slingshot hahah. . .hmmm well it looks like the 2 was working well why not three hahah. . crazy mofo
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.41%

DAM MANG!! Always doing it big i see!!1 3 slingshot hahah. . .hmmm well it looks like the 2 was working well why not three hahah. . crazy mofo
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

deja vous
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Fasted, then 15 minutes later then eat, wait 30 minutes and test again, then another 15 min and test again.
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    Fasted, then 15 minutes later then eat, wait 30 minutes and test again, then another 15 min and test again.
    still considering buying some test strips-damn they are expensive!
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelael View Post
    actually dave, i had been dosing 1 at a time-1 at start of workout/1 postworkout/1 with pre work meal.

the reason i did 3 before going to dairy queen last night was to try it out on a cheat meal-i had a banana split with extra toppings. today was my weigh in day and i have lost a pound since starting slinshot, pretty impressive if you consider i had the cheat meal the night before. current weight is 199-

btw-energy was very high at work last night with no apparent crash. had to go to hospital this morning to see my father in law and i was pretty bummed about that.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.04%

Sorry to hear about your father in law buddy. Glad you are having good results so far though. I need to cut so bad right now uhhhg hoping once my move in to my new house is done and I've got a small gym at home there will be no excuses and be easier to get diet under control.

You have me excited to get my SS this week haha
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Sorry about your father-in-law T. Hope it's nothing too serious and he comes out of it well.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.52%

actually dave, i had been dosing 1 at a time-1 at start of workout/1 postworkout/1 with pre work meal.

the reason i did 3 before going to dairy queen last night was to try it out on a cheat meal-i had a banana split with extra toppings. today was my weigh in day and i have lost a pound since starting slinshot, pretty impressive if you consider i had the cheat meal the night before. current weight is 199-

btw-energy was very high at work last night with no apparent crash. had to go to hospital this morning to see my father in law and i was pretty bummed about that.
    Losing weight with cheat meals? Sounds like nutrient partitioning!
  21. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    Cheat meals bring about unspeakable havoc on my physique, ha! My entire body washes out, sometimes the ankles can even slightly swell, and my cheeks look like I'm preparing for an audition for the next Chip Munks Movie.

Of course a banana split would only account for about 30% of my cheat meal, I would have to preclude that with an entire stuffed crust supreme pizza and compliment it with some cake or cookie dough!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Cheat meals bring about unspeakable havoc on my physique, ha! My entire body washes out, sometimes the ankles can even slightly swell, and my cheeks look like I'm preparing for an audition for the next Chip Munks Movie.

Of course a banana split would only account for about 30% of my cheat meal, I would have to preclude that with an entire stuffed crust supreme pizza and compliment it with some cake or cookie dough!

If you are going to cheat you might as well make it worth it!! I like what I am reading in here with the SS results T...
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

i am loving it!

i get my cake, and eat it too, lol.
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

geez, i don't think i would even be able to put that much food away if i tried-i have been cutting for so long that my appetite and stomach couldn't handle it. i was buzzing just from the banana split.
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

took 2 caps slinshot 20 minutes before my big meal before work, really seem to get a boost from the extra carbs. work seems to go much better-hell the world is a better place with extra carbs. very excited to see i was still able to drop a pound even though i have been upping carbs, shows me the slinshot is working.
  26. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

took 2 caps slinshot 20 minutes before my big meal before work, really seem to get a boost from the extra carbs. work seems to go much better-hell the world is a better place with extra carbs. very excited to see i was still able to drop a pound even though i have been upping carbs, shows me the slinshot is working.
    Very true... with more carbs there would be no war! I almost think with enough stuffed crust pizzas and dishes of ice cream, the Jihad would be called off - how can you want to kill an infidel after all when your pizza is cooling off and you have a container of garlic butter to put to good use!?

If science every synthesized some type of drug that allowed for binge eating without any associated fat accrual... the World would be a scarier place, because for one I would never leave my home (kitchen) except on occasion to frequent Texas Roadhouse or Fuddrukers, and I would be so pumped all the time I couldn't scratch my ears!

I am enjoying the feedback on SlinShot, keep it up
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

Very true... with more carbs there would be no war! I almost think with enough stuffed crust pizzas and dishes of ice cream, the Jihad would be called off - how can you want to kill an infidel after all when your pizza is cooling off and you have a container of garlic butter to put to good use!?

If science every synthesized some type of drug that allowed for binge eating without any associated fat accrual... the World would be a scarier place, because for one I would never leave my home (kitchen) except on occasion to frequent Texas Roadhouse or Fuddrukers, and I would be so pumped all the time I could scratch my ears!

I am enjoying the feedback on SlinShot, keep it up
    hahahahahaha, that is one of the funniest posts ever, lol. glad you like the feedback-i sure am enjoying your posts.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.41%

You know i love it!!! I sit and fantasize about ALL kinds of food. . .Sweets/american cuising/THAi/JAPanese/MEX and to tell ya the truth it's all soo DAM GOOD!!!
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

workouts continue to be good, i really like the carbs at the start-energy and focus are much better. muscles really look/feel fuller since starting slinshot-i am sure the creapure is playing a role along with the carbs. taking the night off from work tonight-put in for a vacation day, i don't work on fridays and this gives me a 3 day weekend. my father in law is scheduled for his procedure at 7am, and my wife and i want to be there.

so far i am enjoying the effects of slinshot-upping carbs and still losing weight-it doesn't get better than that!
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

That's a win win situation if I've ever heard one! Looks like I might start learning to love carbs again.

Hope all goes well tomorrow T...
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    That's a win win situation if I've ever heard one! Looks like I might start learning to love carbs again.

Hope all goes well tomorrow T...
    thanks, my friend!!!

i am really pulling for the old guy-he took losing his right leg without a complaint. his main concern is with no legs he won't be able to care for himself, and doesn't want to be a burden on his wife and son who live with him. geez, i wish i were half the man art is.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

You know what Tom, it's all about how you decide to let things control your life. He sounds like one heckuva strong man. I can only imagine that some of that has rubbed off on his daughter too.
  33. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    You know what Tom, it's all about how you decide to let things control your life. He sounds like one heckuva strong man. I can only imagine that some of that has rubbed off on his daughter too.
    art is one of the best men i have ever met, and yeah-his daughter aint too bad either, lol.

thanks for the support-i appreciate it!!!
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Glad that I am able to bubba
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.52%

art is one of the best men i have ever met, and yeah-his daughter aint too bad either, lol.

thanks for the support-i appreciate it!!!
    I'd like to suggest that you use triple the normal dose and eat a ton of rice and maybe a soda pop then hit the weights and see what happens...
  36. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

I'd like to suggest that you use triple the normal dose and eat a ton of rice and maybe a soda pop then hit the weights and see what happens...
    sorry, i won't be using triple normal dose. i took 2 caps[rec dose]20 minutes before eating a dq banana split before work-had increased energy and mood the entire shift-i might under the right circumstance try 3 caps, but 6 is out of the question.
  37. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

been spending a lot of time at the hospital, but nifs where i workout at is close by so still finding time to get my workouts in. energy/mood is up even considering stressful conditions. body continues to be full and pumped-the addition of slinshot/creapure/bcaa's/carbs continues to impress me with the results i have seen so far.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.52%

sorry, i won't be using triple normal dose. i took 2 caps[rec dose]20 minutes before eating a dq banana split before work-had increased energy and mood the entire shift-i might under the right circumstance try 3 caps, but 6 is out of the question.
    HAHAHA, it's all good.
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

HAHAHA, it's all good.
    yup-really don't see the need to overdo it with the slinshot-maybe if someone were on a cut and eating a ton of carbs, but that would be defeating the purpose of what i am using it for.

i am enjoying being able to 'moderately' up my carbs and get the benefits from increased carbs and still continue to loose weight. this was my goal from the beginning and slinshot seems to be working well. workouts are vastly improved, i am amazed at the difference such a small amount [30] of carbs has made.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Take it from another fellow low carb guy...anything is a treat!! It's great that SlinShot is doing it's thing for you T.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 01:53 AM
  2. Purus SlinShot Log / Review
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
  3. PRDEDMANS SLINSHOT LOG(PURUS)
    By pdredman72 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 08:30 PM
  4. purus labs slinshot