Omega Ultima: A Ranger's Journey (Sponsored)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A Ranger's Journey: ULTIMA Codename: Thunder V.2

Please click picture for product information.

First off, I want to say thank you to the Omega Sport’s Team for allowing me to run this supplement. I will be using this pre workout and on Off days for a mid afternoon pick-me-up. My goals over the next 3-4 weeks will be kept simple: To add strength/explosiveness and to Recomp as much as possible. My expectations are high. I do want to find a pre workout supplement that does not fry my CNS, cause jitters and/or heart flutters, and most importantly - cause a hard crash. I’ve tried an abundance of pre workout supplements over the years. In my opinion, the market is flooded with enough Kool-Aid and Caffeine mixes on the market, so I am always skeptical at first.

Stats: 6’1 / 204 lbs / 10-11% BF

Training Experience: I have been extremely active since I was a kid; however, I didn’t start using the gym until I was 19 (directly after BC).

Diet: I will not breakdown my macros here; however, I will list what I eat on a daily basis and the total calories for each updated day.
Some sample meals are…

Meal 1 - 1 cup Egg Whites / 1 and ½ Cup Oats / ½ Apple / 64oz H2O / Coffee (Decaf while using Ultima)

Meal 2 - ¼ Cup Almonds / 2 scoops of ATW Protein w/ 32oz H2O / ½ Apple

Meal 3 - Tuna and/or Chicken / ½ Cup Honey Dew / Broccoli (or other Vegetable) / 32oz H2O / TROT Tea

Meal 4- ¼ Cup Almonds / 1 and ½ Cup Oats and PB w/ Protein mixed / 32oz H2O

Meal 5 - Chicken (or Fish) / Vegetable of the day / ½ Sweet Potato / ½ Pear (or fruit of the day) / 32oz H2O

Meal 6 - 2 scoops of ON SD-Whey w/ water / 4 caps BCAA

* Meals are an example and are not set in concrete; however, it is the blueprint for the day. I will note any changes for the day in my updates, and the total calories. I do not cheat, but I will occasionally have a sugar free Jello serving… because there is always room for Jello.

Routine: This is my training schedule for the next 5 weeks. I just came off of a Hybrid-CrossFit routine that was set-up from one of the originators of CrossFit. The routine was specially designed for me after my last reconstructive surgery. I can’t post the routine per request of my trainer. I will not go into detail, but I am not as I use to be. After being severely wounded in combat, there are several things that I cannot do any longer; however, I make up for it with different exercises. I train for over-all health and strength. I am not a Body Builder, but a fitness fanatic. You will not hear me complain about my disability; although, I will use it to fuel me to push forward. The “sand” took what I relied on my entire life, but with technology and drive, I am upright and looking forward with fire in my soul. Ranger’s lead the way!

Monday - Back & Shoulders w/ 45 minutes of sprint laps in the pool.
Tuesday - Legs (quads, hamstrings, calves) w/ 30 minutes of HIIT cardio before hand on Elliptical.
Wednesday - Strictly pool - 5 x 50m sprint freestyle (rest with 20 seconds), 5 x 100m sprints -- any stroke (rest 40-60 seconds)
Thursday - Chest & Core (No cardio)
Friday - Biceps & Triceps w/ 30 minutes of cruise cardio (open)
Saturday - Depending on what week it is, I cycle with my riding group. I will note the mile on that day. (25, 50, 75, 100 - Off 5th week)
Sunday - Off

* Workouts are subject to change. I will note any changes in my updates. Sets and reps will be noted as well.

Several factors that I will be focusing on:
- Mental Alertness
- Endurance
- Explosiveness
- Feeling during and after dose (including any crashes)
- Overall Cognitive

* Please note that any other factors that you may want to know, just ask and I will try my best to review the said aspect or concern.

Pictures: To be posted within the first week.
I will provide before and after pictures. This is primarily to see if I can obtain any Recomp benefits from this supplement. It’s a great way to track progress as well.

With that being said - Let’s get this underway!

* Any questions and/or comments are welcomed.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Final Review

Hello All!

I am going to make this to the point, without adding fluff and fillers.

The best attribute that I can personally say that Ultima helped me with is endurance. Before starting Ultima, my level was high; however, once I began supplementing with Ultima, it seemed as if everything was much easier to perform. Not only easier, but with explosive and unparallel contraction with each movement. Not only did my endurance rev up in the weight room, but it also did in the pool. I am usually a very functional swimmer that tries to perform every stroke with precise execution. I did have set days that I worked on explosion through strokes, as well as off the wall; although, it seemed as if everyday that I was in the pool I wanted to burst through the water with as much force as I could while supplementing with Ultima. To me, this aspect makes this run a very successful and enjoyable one. I took a week off of supplementation to see if these values would change. To my surprise, they did not change that much. Now, this isn’t a slap to Ultima, it’s actually a compliment. I was able to get stronger and quicker over a 30 day period, which for me, this is a very rewarding and important factor. I was able to reach a 45-60 day goal in 30 days. Wait, am I saying that Ultima can give you gains like that? No. But I will say that if you have the same motivation and dedication that I put forth, then it is highly possible, Remember, you can drive a Porsche, but if you fill it with junk gas with fillers (no pun intended), it’s not going to run as fast. The same can be said with your body (machine) and the fuel (Ultima).

Another great aspect of supplementing with Ultima was the recovery that I had during my 30 day run. The normal time-frame that I encounter for certain movements executed with extreme force would be 36-48 hour interval from a normal range (non-DOMs) through an on-set of DOM’s, and to recovery. While I was taking Ultima, my recovery interval would be near 24-36 hours from (ND’s ==> OS-D’s ==> Recovery). This was very apparent and much welcomed attribute. With the added recovery, I was able to perform more exercises, thus creating a more open-window of muscle breakdown and growth. Now to the present: My recovery is back to normal, so I can definitely say without a shadow of a doubt, Ultima did indeed help me in this area.

As far as the nootropic effects go: I can’t say that I noticed too much of a difference. Typically, I am very self-driven and fired up 99% of the time. Being that I am this way, it’s hard to gauge if Ultima had any additional impact. I must be honest, I’m not one to really feel any nootropic that I’ve ever taken, with the exception of one (which is now illegal *cough - Snag - cough*). The lethargy that is noted toward the end of the log had nothing to do with Ultima. When my factors get too low, it’s a natural reaction that I have to deal with. The factors that I am referring to have to do with a blood-disorder that I have. I repeat, my lethargy had nothing to do with Ultima.

Overall - I was very impressed with the results from supplementing with Ultima. I fully back this product, and would recommend it to anyone that is dedicated and truly is a goal-oriented fitness enthusiast.

Thank you all for following and adding support along the way. I would like to thank Omega for allowing me to test Ultima out. You guys have something special with this supplement, and I wish you the best with its launch.

Side note: Now that I am back home, I can have my wife try and take some pictures this weekend to compare to the starting picture. I will also add what my BF% is presnetly coming up Monday; it’s scheduled to be checked then. At that time, I can distinguish the overall weight difference and so forth.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First in! Show them how it's done, my friend! :thumbsup:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely in !

This looks like something worth trying in the near future, plus I like the sound of the flavor "Citrus Dew" :D

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
im in bro!..goodluck!:)
slick.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And the highly anticipated Lungz Log begins.. :cool:
Roll this out Ranger!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tear it up my friend! :D This product look interesting, so i'm looking forward to your assessment here, fin.

:dl:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Tear it up my friend! :D This product look interesting, so i'm looking forward to your assessment here, fin.

:dl:
I agree ! No proprietary blends :scared:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I'm still waiting for Nutra to pick this up, good luck

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks interesting. You know Im in!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In..I'm curious to hear how this treats you also.. I see all the Fukcnuts are in:) GL Iron~~~

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In..I'm curious to hear how this treats you also.. I see all the Fukcnuts are in:) GL Iron~~~
I call all of my animals (and my wife), fukcnuts. And fukcbubbles; it's catchy!

Hitting the gym in an hour; update upon return.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I call all of my animals (and my wife), fukcnuts. And fukcbubbles; it's catchy!

Hitting the gym in an hour; update upon return.
PLAAAHAHA fukcnuts is a classic.. but fukcbubbles! lmao

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sub....looking to see how you respond to your initial dose, as well as the other 19...

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have quite the crew in here Iron !

:laugh:

This should be a very informative/comical/entertaining log to follow :p

:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Fukcnut(s)" is making a comeback of epic proportions into our everyday vernacular!

Carry on, FUKCNUTS!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck. It's been so so for me thus far. But I'm not dosing it everyday so I'm interested to see how this changes things. I think dosing everyday would probably improve the effects of Trinitine.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Fukcnut(s)" is making a comeback of epic proportions into our everyday vernacular!

Carry on, FUKCNUTS!

I did use Fukcbubbles tonight..funny watching someone react to that:), I said its that or Fukcnuts..:laugh:

Iron~ How did it go bro?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will give an update in the morning. Overall impressions are great, really. Let me nail it down in a better format tomorrow. I'm not one for blanket reviews.

Update coming...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will give an update in the morning. Overall impressions are great, really. Let me nail it down in a better format tomorrow. I'm not one for blanket reviews.

Update coming...
Sure thing! :D

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't think I've followed a IL log before...subbed!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the image for the ingredients on the OS web site is impossible to read...here's a list of the ingredients that is easier to read.

for all the interested parties:

Attachments

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Values are on a 1 - 5 scale, with 5 being totally dialed in, while 1 is the opposite.

Mental Alertness - (3.5) I was hovering at around less than 3 before my initial dose. I decided to dose half the serving sublingual 30 minutes prior to beginning my workout. I pre-mixed the rest of the serving in a water bottle and consumed it halfway through my workout. After the sublingual dose, it was about the 20 minute mark that I felt a bit more upbeat. Nothing that was screaming at me, but definitely an increase in alertness. It wasn’t until I began to workout that I felt like I was more explosive in my movements. Halfway in, I consumed the rest of my dose; nothing more to report (no change). I will take the entire dose before my workout today.

Endurance - (N/A) Nothing unusual to report at this time.

Explosiveness - (3.5) Very apparent. I’m not 100% sure that it was the supplement helping, or if I was just dialed in. This will become more evident as the log goes on.

Feeling during and after dose (including any crashes) - (3.5) Refer back to Mental Alertness. As far as a crash goes: none at all. I did not feel stimulated in the least. Let me clarify what I mean by ‘stimulant.’ Usually, the biggest problem I have with pre workout mixes is the fact that they have huge amounts of caffeine and/or other cardiovascular inducers that gives the false impression of energy. These usually causes me to “feel” jittery, causes a racing heart, etc - followed by a hard crash that leaves me feeling like hell. Thankfully, Ultima’s energy is a smooth, controlled cognitive momentum that helps propel me forward.

* Side notes: I would like to mention that the taste sublingual was very pleasant. It made my mouth water up something fierce. It was too faint for me to gauge its taste for the remaining mixed (w/ water). I plan on dosing a full serving w/ water for today’s workout.

* Diet was exactly as listed in post one for this day.

* Wednesday - Strictly pool - 5 x 50m sprint freestyle (rest with 20 seconds), 5 x 100m sprints -- any stroke (rest 40-60 seconds)
Great workout! I was exploding out of my stroke with ease.

* I will have my wife take some pictures so we can keep track of any changes aesthetically.

Motivational Metal for the Day.
Hatebreed - Live For This

YouTube - Hatebreed - Live For This

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great updates, bro. Glad to hear it was a SMOOTH energy and not jitter-like.
I particularly like the "CogniFive" blend in this product.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
I'm still waiting for Nutra to pick this up, good luck
Soon. ULTIMA is still a work in progress (IE beta product) but once the final variant is decided upon I have no doubt Nutra will have it.

Values are on a 1 - 5 scale, with 5 being totally dialed in, while 1 is the opposite.

Mental Alertness - (3.5) I was hovering at around less than 3 before my initial dose. I decided to dose half the serving sublingual 30 minutes prior to beginning my workout. I pre-mixed the rest of the serving in a water bottle and consumed it halfway through my workout. After the sublingual dose, it was about the 20 minute mark that I felt a bit more upbeat. Nothing that was screaming at me, but definitely an increase in alertness. It wasn’t until I began to workout that I felt like I was more explosive in my movements. Halfway in, I consumed the rest of my dose; nothing more to report (no change). I will take the entire dose before my workout today.

Endurance - (N/A) Nothing unusual to report at this time.

Explosiveness - (3.5) Very apparent. I’m not 100% sure that it was the supplement helping, or if I was just dialed in. This will become more evident as the log goes on.

Feeling during and after dose (including any crashes) - (3.5) Refer back to Mental Alertness. As far as a crash goes: none at all. I did not feel stimulated in the least. Let me clarify what I mean by ‘stimulant.’ Usually, the biggest problem I have with pre workout mixes is the fact that they have huge amounts of caffeine and/or other cardiovascular inducers that gives the false impression of energy. These usually causes me to “feel” jittery, causes a racing heart, etc - followed by a hard crash that leaves me feeling like hell. Thankfully, Ultima’s energy is a smooth, controlled cognitive momentum that helps propel me forward.

* Side notes: I would like to mention that the taste sublingual was very pleasant. It made my mouth water up something fierce. It was too faint for me to gauge its taste for the remaining mixed (w/ water). I plan on dosing a full serving w/ water for today’s workout.

* Diet was exactly as listed in post one for this day.

* Wednesday - Strictly pool - 5 x 50m sprint freestyle (rest with 20 seconds), 5 x 100m sprints -- any stroke (rest 40-60 seconds)
Great workout! I was exploding out of my stroke with ease.

* I will have my wife take some pictures so we can keep track of any changes aesthetically.

Motivational Metal for the Day.
Hatebreed - Live For This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esVxBRz4y8U&feature=related
Great feedback and nice detail. Also kick ass track. :D

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
So did you dose the mixed product or just the straight powder sublingually?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
One day up, already two pages, my kind of log. Subbed.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, fin!

I like the motivational metal video of the day as well! :head:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fukcbubbles! :rofl: made my day

First update looks good man!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update... I like how you switched up the dosing, and took it in different ways..Looking foward to a full dose pre w/o, and see your review on that.. Lucky SOB, I wish I had a pool here to swim in

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iron should have copyrighted it!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Iron should have copyrighted it!

Yes, I should have. :(
Don't worry, I have more material!

Update to come - Great workout today, and a bit of a weird stomach issue that I will discuss later. Details to come...

And to answer your question, Custom: I used the powder alone for the sublingual dose yesterday.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You reminded me of my New Years resolution (one of many) to use my university's pool. The broken finger threw a wrench in the plans, but perhaps Saturday. My endurance will be terrible lol.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
very detailed fin!:)
slick.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I should have. :(
Don't worry, I have more material!

Update to come - Great workout today, and a bit of a weird stomach issue that I will discuss later. Details to come...
I hope the stomach challenge was transient.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'll be interested to hear how the sublingual dosing compares to the regular.

Hope your feeling better...!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Mental Alertness - (3.5) Before my dose I say I was at around 3 flat. I decided to dose sublingual again. Half the serving under the tongue (no water); sweet taste, but a very pleasant sweet - Mmmmmmm. I began my workout at 3.5 but quickly got into it and before I could even get my HR up, I was in the zone. Pantera kicking in my ears! I would say I was at a grade 4 MA at this point.

Endurance - (N/A) Nothing unusual to report at this time. Same value as normal.

Explosiveness - (4) All the way around great explosiveness through all of my movements. With me being dialed in, my workout seemed to get better as I progressed.

Feeling during and after dose (including any crashes) - Refer back to MA. I only used half the serving and was dialed in more so than the full dose of yesterday. I am going to stay at the half serving until I become adjusted, or bored - whichever comes first. I am having some stomach issues that seem to be 2-3 hours after initial dose. I am researching certain ingredients that may or may not be causing this. At this point, I am leaning toward the Magnesium (425mg - 106%). Hopefully, this will subside with use. With this side effect, I give it 4.5 in “explosiveness” if you catch my drift… and you would, if you heard the anal orchestra that was performing in my bathroom. Bleh!

* Diet was altered due to stomach issues. I have been drinking a lot more water than normal given the loss that the issue has presented me. I have also been adding Electrolyte packets to every other water that I drink to replenish my system. No Poseidon due to its Magnesium content.

* Thursday - Chest & Core (No cardio)
Exercises performed: DB Flat press 4 sets (6-10 reps)
Incline push-ups 3 sets (35/35/30)
Ball switch push-up (Failure)
Russian Twist
Full Plank
Side Plank
Finished off with 20lb medicine ball pullover while stabilizing on a ridge ball to failure

* Pictures to be up by Monday; however, I will not be doing any posing. Just relaxed and in the anatomical position.

Motivation Metal for the day.
Pantera - F*cking Hostile

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
hey lungs!..one more star and you will be a four star general!;)
slick.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope the stomach problems get sorted out soon, my friend.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've noticed the Magnesium issues with the bicarbonates from JP8 (atleast that's what I think it was in there). I'm getting my hands on my Ultima tomorrow, so we can compare notes. I noticed the GI issues decreased after about a week or use, so lets hope that applies to you as well.