Cre 02 & Cordygen 5 Log via Emerge (Sponsored)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Hello, first off I'd like to thank MST for the opportunity to log one of their products yet again. I'd also like to thank Deucy for being Deucy. Those of you that will be watching my log will get to observe the anatomy of a grappler's quest to supremacy. I am currently a blue belt under Cassio Werneck's BJJ. I have taken many measure to ensure a healthy off season. I bulked up from 156 to 178ish during the winter and now I am ready to cut/recomp. Unfortunately, I have to cut right now to make weight for a tournament "Pan Ams" at the end of March. After that, I will just be recomping. So... here we go:

Current Stats:
Endomorph
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 177
BF: ~12

Supplements & Dosing:
MVP - 4 Caps (2 twice a day with meals)
ZMK - 4 Caps (last thing with 2 powerful then night night)
Fish Oil - 15 Caps (5 three times a day)
CLA Supreme - 1 Cap
Cre-02 - 3 Caps (120 minutes pre workout when possible)
Cordygen 5 - 3 Caps (same as Cre-02)
PowerFULL - 5 Caps (2 throughout the day, 3 30 minutes preworkout)
Xtend - 4 Scoops (intra-workout)
Will update if need be...

Diet:
Looking at 250-300 Grams of Protein
Low Carb mostly coming from cruciferous veggies
Low Fat mostly from the supplements
1800 - 2300 Calories

Weight Training:
Currently following the Advanced German Volume protocol. 3 Day Split Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays (Sundays if need be)

Cardio:
BJJ Tuesdays & Thursdays consisting of sparring and various drills.
Wednesdays some form of cardio will probably be different each time considering energy levels and such.
Saturdays also another cardio day that should be different each time.
Sundays might be another day of cardio depending on how the lifting went throughout the week.

Last edited:
Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I will be assessing the following qualities of this stack:
Increased Strength
Increased O2 Utilization and ATP
Improved Recovery Times Between Sets
Vastly Increased Muscular Endurance
Increased Pump
Mood Enhancement

I will also be comparing how Cre-02 works with a caloric maintenance/deficit as opposed to when I first ran it back in October. It proved to be the best creatine I had ever used then. However, one must always wonder how much my diet had to do with my progress. This time Cre-02 will not have the aid of calories to help grow and help get stronger. This'll be interesting indeed.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I got mine today finally. I took both supplements at 5 and will be going to gym at 7.

Now I'm off to make my pre gym meal.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #1

Workout #1: Weights 1/27/09

Squat (Ass to Grass)
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x4
210x3
210x3
210x3
210x3

Lying Leg Curls (Feet pointed outward)
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5

Lunges (Dumbell)
25x6
25x6
25x6

Stiff Leg Deadlifts (Platform: Bar to toes)
75x8
115x8
135x8

Increased Strength
First workout, N/A.
First workout, N/A
First workout, N/A
First workout, N/A
Increased Pump
Yes, subtle yet noticeable. Although, it could be due to the nature of the training.
Mood Enhancement
Yes. Let me explain; I found out today that June would be my last day at my job. They are closing my school down. I have been very upset today because of this. Not only did I love this job, not only did I make great money, but I actually need the income too. I run an after-school program at an elementary school with 105 participants. We do academics, enrichment, and recreation. I don't really have a boss. I have more like a mentor/supervisor which happens to be the principal. I get along with EVERYONE I work with. I do many a things. It couldn't possibly get any better for me with a part-time job. It fits my schedule great because it allows me to go to school overtime, train BJJ, and get my weight training done.

Annnnyway... I'm much more upbeat than I was pre supplements and pre workout. Still upset, but feeling better about it all.

Attachments

Last edited:
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! Holly Shite bro! Thats a lot of sets! Youre gonna looove this stack!! The cre02 is gonna cut you up and up your strengths gonna climb too!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah, this is my second day of AGVT. ****'s rather difficult.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds nutz bro! I just noticed you said you were doing this in a caloric deficit. Your strength will still go up man. Im excited to see how this goes for you man! High fav :grouphug:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Man that GVT is serious, I might look into doing something like that soon

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
**** dude that looks intense. What % is 205 of your 1RM? I only ask because I'm doing a similar volume training routine (Sheiko) and I was wanting to compare the two.

Oh yeah, subbed. Check out mine too, it started yesterday as well.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, AGVT rocks - 10x3 is particular fave of mine.

I'm sorry to hear about your job E - the CA economy strikes again, huh? At least you have some time before June to find a new position.

With a second MST log in motion, do I smell a BJJ MST sponsorship? :p

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Man that GVT is serious, I might look into doing something like that soon
It is indeed very serious. You have to be willing to enter the pain train.

**** dude that looks intense. What % is 205 of your 1RM? I only ask because I'm doing a similar volume training routine (Sheiko) and I was wanting to compare the two.

Oh yeah, subbed. Check out mine too, it started yesterday as well.
It is roughly 75% of my one rep max (285) which is supposedly, in theory, I should be able to rep that 10 times at 100% effort for one set. I thought this would be easy, but it was not. At all.

Yes, AGVT rocks - 10x3 is particular fave of mine.

I'm sorry to hear about your job E - the CA economy strikes again, huh? At least you have some time before June to find a new position.

With a second MST log in motion, do I smell a BJJ MST sponsorship? :p
Dude, 10x3 is disturbing! Props to you big man, I'm not sure I could handle it. Yeah Cali is terrible, our leadership has failed us thus far. I'm not so sure I will be getting another job. I have some options that I have to explore.

I hope so! I've been waiting and I'm going to apply asap. That would be awesome.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, 10x3 is disturbing! Props to you big man, I'm not sure I could handle it. Yeah Cali is terrible, our leadership has failed us thus far. I'm not so sure I will be getting another job. I have some options that I have to explore.
I've had and lost two jobs in the last year, so I know what you mean. Been getting by barely on unemployment, but I was actually just given a job opportunity by a very well respected supp company, actually, so hopefully that will pan out.

10x3 is a beast, but hey, 100lb increase on my dead and squat since last June says its worth it!

I hope so! I've been waiting and I'm going to apply asap. That would be awesome.
Your logs and your training dedication make you a good candidate in my estimation. :thumbsup: Good Luck!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
10x3 is a beast, but hey, 100lb increase on my dead and squat since last June says its worth it!

Your logs and your training dedication make you a good candidate in my estimation. :thumbsup: Good Luck!
100lbs on deads and squats? Sheesh! Worth it indeed.

Hopefully the MST people will agree with you. Thanks for the goodluck wish.

:bruce3:

Updated daily nutrition information. I under ate a bit in the protein department. I just had zero appetite.

Last edited:
Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #2: Cardio 1/28/09

Treadmill:
1 min @ 5 mph
1 min @ 6 mph
1 min @ 7 mph
1 min @ 8 mph
4 min @ 3 mph, incline 15
1 min @ 5 mph, incline 15
5 min @ 5 mph

15 minutes of sauna

Increased Strength
N/A.
Slight, didn't get to push it in cardio due to dead legs.
N/A
N/A
Increased Pump
N/A
Mood Enhancement
Yes, I'm in a much better mood than last night.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im surprised you havent gotten the o2 and strength enhancement part yet! It hit me first dose! :dunno: were all different I guess. Glad youre in a good mood man! Means it workin! :D I love Rhodolia :dance:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Today will be a rest day. I have been studying and I need to be able to focus. I will be spreading out the doses of the stack evenly. I also need to find apartments now that I'm going to need room-mates. :(

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Subb'd in. AGVT is intense. I ran it a year or so ago, but had to give it up after about 3 months because it was more than my joints and tendons could handle. I will say, at the end I was hitting PR's in all core exercises (bench press, squats and deadlifts).

Good luck with your log and job search.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Thank you sir, I just ordered some Osteo-Sport to make sure I have my joints and tendons covered.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #3: Weights 3/2/09

Workout #3: Weights 3/2/09

BB Bench (Close Grip)
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

DB Curls (Incline)
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x4
30x4
30x4
30x4

French Press
50x8
60x6
60x6

BB Reverse Curl
45x8
55x8
65x6

Increased Strength
Significant, my first exercise seemed VERY light.
Not that much of an O2 demanding workout, but I was never breathing hard.
Yes, I even took 40 seconds off my rest time because of it.
I would agree, I think I pumped out a bit more reps I wouldn't have otherwise.
Increased Pump
Not so much.
Mood Enhancement
Yup, feeling sexy. :)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
After using 100 seconds after the squat day, I feel like I needn't air evermore for anything else. This wasn't that taxing of a workout.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice!!! Seems like things are taken off now!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Thank you gentlemen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkAHvp1Vgw"]YouTube - Eminem - Till I Collapse[/ame]

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #4: BJJ 3/3/09

Today was a conditioning day. We did a "king of the hill" with a win being 2 points. I pretty well, but more importantly it opened up my eyes to some holes in my game that I really need to work on. I feel that I will need to work very hard for the remainder of this month in order to be competitive.

I think I will not lift the last two weeks of this month in order to fully immerse myself in BJJ training to do my best. Afterwards, I will resume the lifting. I really need to work on my cardio, my stamina is not good enough. I am fine in the first match, but any after I start to slow down. And, since my game is very quick and agile, I am worthless without my speed.

Increased Strength
N/A
Yes, I did feel like I pushed harder than usual.
N/A
Yes forearms held up rather well.
Increased Pump
N/A
Mood Enhancement
Indeed.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So let me get this straight, you're good at the quick BJ...J? :rofl: All in good fun man, don't pay me any mind.

As much as I cringe at anyone saying they're not going to lift for two weeks, your reason has validity. And the BJJ will certainly keep your muscles from wasting away during those two weeks. A total body workout probably doesn't hurt near the same as an evening of BJJ sparring.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNR9IBuDGDc"]YouTube - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Demonstration[/ame]

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Causing yourself pain and having someone else cause you pain is pretty different. Lol
It's still a workout not matter how you look at it. :18: <-- that little guy made me laugh.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking this every day as per log suggestions.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #5: Weights 3/4/09

Incline BB Bench
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x5
160x4

Chin Ups (Close Parallel Grip)

DB Bench Press
70x6
75x6
80x4

One Arm DB Row (Out to the side)
55x6
55x6
55x6

Increased Strength
I'd say so, although I was honestly really tired before even getting to the gym.
Not that much of an O2 demanding workout, ATP was buffered pretty well though.
Not so much today, but, like I said, I was dead on arrival.
Yeah, I only failed on my last set of my first exercise.
Increased Pump
Biceps feeling rather sexy.
Mood Enhancement
Too tired to notice...

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Good look'n workout. how long does a workout usually take you.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
It depends, I try to be out of the gym in and hour and a half, but only an hour of that is lifting really. I also like to warm up slow and stretch slow. I can only rest 100 seconds between the 10 set exercises, but I don't rest at all for the support ones. There's just no need to.

When bulking I get really lazy though. Sometimes I'll rest up to 3 minutes between sets. Lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gettn stong Merger! Youre endurance should go up a lot on this combo! I can vouch for that!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I hope so. I want some Forrest Gump like endurance.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #6: BJJ 3/5/09

Today was the official move of my school. I went to the new gym, beautiful new mats nice and soft. Man. Anyway, we went over some pretty basic ways of controlling someone's back. Today's highlights were the sparring. I rolled with some pretty big older dude. I am working on my timing and pacing and didn't do all that well. I was never submitted nor was I close to being submitted, but I didn't get as many positions as I'd like to have.

Next I rolled with my instructor. Had some good runs, I made one really silly ass mistake and he ten finger guillotined me. However, other than that I was defending pretty well. At one point I was reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallly close to getting a guillotine on him (from my perspective at least) but he managed to get out of it. I pulled full guard and had both hands in, but he elevated me and powered his way out of it with good technique. I'm sure he wasn't sweating it, but it was a very big deal for me to be this close to a submission.

Next I rolled with another dude I never met. He was very very lean and very very muscular. I owned him. It felt good and did give me an ego boost. While I know that BJJ is not about strength/power/size it still FEELS good to make a man much bigger than you submit to you. Indeed. Again my cardio is not up to par.

Increased Strength
N/A
Yes, very much so. Although I was really dehydrated.
N/A
N/A
Increased Pump
N/A
Mood Enhancement
Somewhat.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Workout #7: Weights 3/6/09

Front Squat (Heels Elevated)
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5

Leg Curls (Feet Inward)
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5

Increased Strength
Yes.
Too easy of a workout to gauge.
Yes
Yes
Increased Pump
No
Mood Enhancement
Not really. I'm ****ing pissed off actually.

1. My front squat "ten rep max" is pussy ass weight.
2. I could not do my farmer's walks because my homo gym regards racket ball tournaments as priority.
3. I feel like I didn't even workout.

Blah.