Cre 02 & Cordygen 5 Log via Emerge (Sponsored)

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Thank you gentlemen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkAHvp1Vgw"]YouTube - Eminem - Till I Collapse[/ame]

2. Workout #4: BJJ 3/3/09

Today was a conditioning day. We did a "king of the hill" with a win being 2 points. I pretty well, but more importantly it opened up my eyes to some holes in my game that I really need to work on. I feel that I will need to work very hard for the remainder of this month in order to be competitive.

I think I will not lift the last two weeks of this month in order to fully immerse myself in BJJ training to do my best. Afterwards, I will resume the lifting. I really need to work on my cardio, my stamina is not good enough. I am fine in the first match, but any after I start to slow down. And, since my game is very quick and agile, I am worthless without my speed.

Increased Strength
    N/A
    Increased O2 Utilization and ATP
    Yes, I did feel like I pushed harder than usual.
    Improved Recovery Times Between Sets
    N/A
    Vastly Increased Muscular Endurance
    Yes forearms held up rather well.
    Increased Pump
    N/A
    Mood Enhancement
    Indeed.
    •   

3. So let me get this straight, you're good at the quick BJ...J? All in good fun man, don't pay me any mind.

As much as I cringe at anyone saying they're not going to lift for two weeks, your reason has validity. And the BJJ will certainly keep your muscles from wasting away during those two weeks. A total body workout probably doesn't hurt near the same as an evening of BJJ sparring.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

4. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNR9IBuDGDc"]YouTube - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Demonstration[/ame]

5. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    A total body workout probably doesn't hurt near the same as an evening of BJJ sparring.
    Causing yourself pain and having someone else cause you pain is pretty different. Lol
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Causing yourself pain and having someone else cause you pain is pretty different. Lol
    It's still a workout not matter how you look at it. <-- that little guy made me laugh.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

7. Yeah, quite a workout indeed.

8. Will you be taking the Cre-O2 and Cordygen during this time? I could see it still being of good benefit to your BJJ.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

9. I'm taking this every day as per log suggestions.

10. Workout #5: Weights 3/4/09

Incline BB Bench
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x4

Chin Ups (Close Parallel Grip)

DB Bench Press
    70x6
    75x6
    80x4

One Arm DB Row (Out to the side)
    55x6
    55x6
    55x6

Increased Strength
    I'd say so, although I was honestly really tired before even getting to the gym.
    Not that much of an O2 demanding workout, ATP was buffered pretty well though.
    Not so much today, but, like I said, I was dead on arrival.
    Yeah, I only failed on my last set of my first exercise.
    Increased Pump
    Biceps feeling rather sexy.
    Mood Enhancement
    Too tired to notice...

11. Good look'n workout. how long does a workout usually take you.

12. It depends, I try to be out of the gym in and hour and a half, but only an hour of that is lifting really. I also like to warm up slow and stretch slow. I can only rest 100 seconds between the 10 set exercises, but I don't rest at all for the support ones. There's just no need to.

When bulking I get really lazy though. Sometimes I'll rest up to 3 minutes between sets. Lol

13. Gettn stong Merger! Youre endurance should go up a lot on this combo! I can vouch for that!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

14. I hope so. I want some Forrest Gump like endurance.

15. Enlightening.

16. Workout #6: BJJ 3/5/09

Today was the official move of my school. I went to the new gym, beautiful new mats nice and soft. Man. Anyway, we went over some pretty basic ways of controlling someone's back. Today's highlights were the sparring. I rolled with some pretty big older dude. I am working on my timing and pacing and didn't do all that well. I was never submitted nor was I close to being submitted, but I didn't get as many positions as I'd like to have.

Next I rolled with my instructor. Had some good runs, I made one really silly ass mistake and he ten finger guillotined me. However, other than that I was defending pretty well. At one point I was reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallly close to getting a guillotine on him (from my perspective at least) but he managed to get out of it. I pulled full guard and had both hands in, but he elevated me and powered his way out of it with good technique. I'm sure he wasn't sweating it, but it was a very big deal for me to be this close to a submission.

Next I rolled with another dude I never met. He was very very lean and very very muscular. I owned him. It felt good and did give me an ego boost. While I know that BJJ is not about strength/power/size it still FEELS good to make a man much bigger than you submit to you. Indeed. Again my cardio is not up to par.

Increased Strength
    N/A
    Yes, very much so. Although I was really dehydrated.
    N/A
    N/A
    Increased Pump
    N/A
    Mood Enhancement
    Somewhat.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Bigoodude View Post
    ypu
    huh?

Sounds like a good time Merge (no homo)

18. Oh yeah. Lol

19. Workout #7: Weights 3/6/09

Front Squat (Heels Elevated)
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5

Leg Curls (Feet Inward)
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5

Increased Strength
    Yes.
    Too easy of a workout to gauge.
    Yes
    Yes
    Increased Pump
    No
    Mood Enhancement
    Not really. I'm ****ing pissed off actually.

1. My front squat "ten rep max" is ***** ass weight.
    2. I could not do my farmer's walks because my homo gym regards racket ball tournaments as priority.
    3. I feel like I didn't even workout.

Blah.

20. Aren't Front Squats a B****? Harder to keep form than a back squat, but easier to perfect the form. My front squat sucked until I really focused on them for a while, and even now, mine is still not particularly impressive...

***NOW @ NP***

21. Yeah, I can't even do front squats. :/ they are too hard.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Aren't Front Squats a B****? Harder to keep form than a back squat, but easier to perfect the form. My front squat sucked until I really focused on them for a while, and even now, mine is still not particularly impressive...
    Not to sound cocky, but I know I can move much more weight than I did. However, I can't prop them on my shoulders because the bar rolls off. And, holding them up like a power clean really hurts my wrists (wah wah, I know). What are the benefits of these anyway? It's a flippin idiotic exercise!

23. Workout #8: Fasted Cardio 3/7/09

I woke up at 6 am just to pop in the pills then went back to sleep for another two hours. If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is. It was well worth it though.

We did 10 hundred meter sprints around a track (walked the turns).

Then we did some bleacher work, two sets of double leg hops (skipping a step each one) followed by one last set of just running up and down the stairs.

Increased Strength
    N/A
    Dramatic O2 utilization.
    N/A
    N/A
    Increased Pump
    Actually, yes my quads were pumped after the double leg hops.
    Mood Enhancement
    Yeah, cloud nine status.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Not to sound cocky, but I know I can move much more weight than I did. However, I can't prop them on my shoulders because the bar rolls off. And, holding them up like a power clean really hurts my wrists (wah wah, I know). What are the benefits of these anyway? It's a flippin idiotic exercise!
    If the bar rolls off your shoulders with arms-crossed, you're leaning forward. I can't do them olympic style either, because of old hand injuries.

When first beginning with front squats, they don't feel like they're doing much because you have to use a light load just to be able to keep form. As you get the form down, you'll be able to handle more weight.

When you are able to handle enough weight (and it'll still be a lot less than your back squat), it's the ultimate quad movement. That's the benefit of them: better quad activation than just about any other movement - especially if you elevate your heels.

***NOW @ NP***

25. Lookn good merge! Dont get discouraged man..youre doing great!

26. I LOVE FRONT SQUATS! really good exercise that makes you focus on your form, and hits the quads like crazy! Lookin good emerge!

27. You guys have convinced me to stop whining and just learn how to do them.

28. Yeah I didn't like front squats when I first started using them, because of light weight and form, but have grown to like them now. I can definately feel the difference in the quads.

29. Workout #9: Weights 3/9/09

Zottmann Curls (Seated)
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5

Close Grip Bench
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5
    145x4

Increased Strength
    Yes. I finished all of my zottmann curls without failing to hit 5 reps. I also had to increase the weight on the bench because I knew I would not fail with 135.
    Yes, slightly obvious in the bench exercise.
    Yes, dropped 10 seconds off both exercises.
    Yes as you can see by my inability to hit failure.
    Increased Pump
    Not so much.
    Mood Enhancement
    Feeling pretty good. I just gave my 30 days notice to my manager and will be moving in on April 4th to my new apartment with my girl and our friend to save money on rent. I hope we will all live happily together.

Also, I'm weighing in at 167 guys. I only have 3-4 more pounds to go to reach my ideal weight for the tournament. I am pretty ecstatic. The abs are starting to come in from farther out in the sides and stomach is getting flatter. I actually caught two girls peeping a couple times today. Heh. Good stuff!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 265
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
  2. Emerge - Hypertrop-X (Sponsored)
    By Emerge in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 03:18 AM
  3. Emerge - Cordygen V02 (Sponsored Log)
    By Emerge in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
  4. Pembroke3355 Cordygen-vo2 Log(sponsored)
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 12:18 PM
  5. Cordygen 5 Log! (Sponsored)
    By Aoba in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM