Bravo's Eatin Playground Candy From a Universal Nut.(Sponsored)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Bravo's Eatin Playground Candy From a Universal Nut.(Sponsored)

Title - Thanks to resolve in a previous thread. Thought it would be a perfect fit. And thanks To HG for this delightful candy!

I'm gonna be running Universal Nutrition's Intra-Aid and Beta Ala9 starting on 12/8!
    Previous similar supplements
    I will be comparing Intra-Aid to what i have used or tasted already: Xtend, LG's BC + EAA, and Purple Wrath (only used 2 sample packs which was awesome due to the BA tingles.

My supplements during this log:

Intra-Aid

Beta Ala9

Nutra's CEE
    GlycerGrow

Daily Staples

Fish oil
    Multi Vit.
    Dymatize Whey Protein

My Workouts
    I will be going 4 days a week with some cardio. Lower/Upper/Lower/Upper This is a result from my 7 week old injury. I'm trying to get my shoulder back and healthy so therefore legs will be a huge emphasis. This will hopefully get me where I need to be so I can start my upcoming cycle which will consist of havoc/MMv2. I've just been set back a bit from a torn tendon in my shoulder. Their will be some cardio involved which should be aided by the Supplements.

Current Weight: Weight: 210

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

I'm in, time to do this!

Hg
  3. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Naaaaiiiieeeece!

The title's awesome - just make sure you stay on the playground and don't go following Hoomgar to his van for any more of his "candy"!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Some Pics for you guys!
    I took these 2 months ago right after my DTH/Ether Tab/and Prime run. It was a 4 week run.
    Weight is 214lb here!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I took this one monday. Dec. 1st 2008. You can tell the difference in some mass that i had on before, but I am more defined in this one.
    Weight is 207lb here! I've put on about 3 pounds this week already. I about 210lb now.
  6. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I can really see the leanness - better definition across the chest, abs and arms.

Up three lb in a week? That's quick. What do you think that weight is? Recovered lean mass from muscle memory hopefully?

***NOW @ NP***
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I have been eatin around 4000 to 4500 cals a day! Which puts me up around 1500 more than my norm! But I also feel that my leg workouts have helped a lot! Ive had more energy lately! Puttin some pants on today seemed a lot more tighter than normal!
  8. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I've been experiencing the same thing lately - the butt and thighs of all my pants just don't fit like they used to!

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Day 1

LEGS
    5:00 - 6:00 AM
    Treadmill - 10 min jog. worked up a sweat.

Superset
    40lb DB's Lunges 3 x (8 each leg)
    110lbs Standing Leg Curl Machine 3 x 12

Superset
    Leg Press Machine - 360lb's 3x15
    Squat Jumps - BW 3 x 15
    I was hurtin pretty good by the second set. legs were heavy and tight.

Superset
    Leg Ext. 120lbs. 3 x 12
    Standing Calves 200lbs 3 x 20 w/10sec. neg. pause

Abs - 200 crunches.

Supplements and Timing
    4:30AM awake
    4:40 Glycergrow 2 scoops
    4:40 Beta Ala9 - 3 caps
    4:50 Granola Bar
    5:00 Treadmill warm-up.
    5:15 First taste of Intra-Aid(mixed my level scoop with 20oz. of water. Drank this throughout my workout after my cardio warm-up. I took my last sip after my last Leg Ext. set. which was around 5:45

First Reaction to Intra-Aid & Beta Ala9
    Beta Ala9 - I had the tingles as soon as i got on the treadmill. Got a great sweat. I even had them throughout my workout and even felt them after it. I guess it's been a while since i've had some. If this continues I will enjoy it. helped me work up a great sweat throughout the whole workout. The squat jumps kicked me pretty good.
    The Intra-Aid taste was a good rasberry taste. I did take it with 2 scoops of tasteless odorless glycergrow. It does remind me of LG's amino complex but just stronger. I was expecting more of a sweat taste but it wasn't sweat at all. Which doesnt bother me I just know i would have to up the dose of other supps to get what one serving has of Intra-Aid. My legs feel fine as of right now. not tight or dragging. I know for a fact it helped me recover in the aspect that I didn't fatigue as hard as usuall. didn't get as light headed and ill-stomach during my leg exercise.
  10. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Squat jumps are killer - a great conditioning and pump exercise.

What's the ingredient profile for Beta Ala9 - is it just beta-alanine?

***NOW @ NP***
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Squat jumps? It's gonna get freaky in here! Looks like you are off to a good start bro. And from the looks of the pics you are already at a good starting point for this log. Keep the pace man.

Hg
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Squat jumps are a huge plus. Since I'm mostly gonna focus on legs during this run, just to help my shoulder get ready, I'm gonna be doin some crazy style leg supersets. You better believe it. I see some weighted step-ups and some one legged presses soon.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

SUBBED and looking forward to some big things!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Ok fellas, so today is going to be a P.M. workout. My workout always depends on when my daughter gets up in the morning. if she's awake @ 4:30 then I go ahead and feed her to help the wife out. she's 4mo. old and she'll stay awake in her bed just chillin for an hour or 2 even if you don't go in there. She's absolutely the best baby. I have a 6yr. old daughter and they are opposites big time. My little one is just happy as heck in the morning.

Anyway, I went ahead and took my Beta Ala9 dose (3 caps) @ 5:45 after layin with my daughter and feedin her. And about 15-20min. later WOW it hit me. I felt the beta rush more than anything ever hands down. The crazy thing is my sinus's have been acting up due to the crazy fluctuation of temp and rain lately. My nose was slightly stopped up and the rush was so fast and intense my eyes turned blood red and my nose plugged up hard. It's like the blood had no were to release from so it went straight to my eyes. Crazy stuff but completely true guys. I enjoyed the sh** out of it when I was blowing my nose washing my face off. Anyway I feel great so far this morning and I'm lookin to a nice upper body day and now my nose is running as i type. better than being plugged up all day!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Sounds like you got it pretty good there Bb. Hit it hard tonight.
  17. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Bizarre about your eyes... but I agree definitely better than being plugged up all day.

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    Squat jumps are a huge plus. Since I'm mostly gonna focus on legs during this run, just to help my shoulder get ready, I'm gonna be doin some crazy style leg supersets. You better believe it. I see some weighted step-ups and some one legged presses soon.
    One legged presses are great!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Day 1

Arm's/Chest/Back
    4:00 - 5:00 PM
    Treadmill - sore a little from yesterday. I decided to run a 1 mile today. I got on and ran it in 7:52. not bad for having not done any cardio besides my lifting in about 6 months.

Superset bi/tri
    One arm cable curls - 3 x 20
    V-Bar pushdowns 3 x 20

Superset bi/tri
    Machine preacher curls - 3x12
    Sraight Bar pushdowns 3 x 15

Superset chest/back
    Seated Machine Press - 30/25/20/15/10
    Seated cable rows - 30/25/20/15/10

bent over one arm cable rows - 3 x 10

*Today was the first day in about 7 full weeks that i have really pushed myself with the reps. I will not dare push the weight right now. my shoulder is feeling better everyday and i don't want to ruin that. But it is the best motivated upper body day i've had in a while. i did everthing that really kept my elbows in and restricted them from pulling or pushing up. just feelin it out. Believe me a shoulder tear is no joke. I would have rather taken a swift kick in the nuts over and over!

Supplements and Timing

6:00 AM - beta ala9 - what a rush this morning was.
    6:00 AM- 1 scoop glycergrow
    4:30 PM - beta ala9 - this wasn't near as an intense dose for me as the AM. but i felt great 15 min. later!
    5:00 - 6:00PM - I dosed my Intra-Aid and 2 scoops of my glysergrow.

Overall my workout was great and i had a sweat though it all! The beta ala9 seems to feed off of sweat for some reason. I mean when i was sweating the tingles seemed to have intensified. I was on the treadmill and after 2 laps i started sweating and feeling great. I was sore though but it all went away fast. I could have done 1 1/2 miles @ my 8.0 pace i was on. I even upped the level by .5 on the treadmill. Keep 7:53 in your minds because i will be trying to shatter these mile marks every week. Then move it to 1 1/2 then hopefully to 2 miles. Haven't done cardio in a while and it feels great! The taste is great with the intra-aid. Resolve does 16oz in his. i'm thinkin about doing that thursday!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Nice glad the BA9 is having such a good effect thus far. Looking forward to that mile time getting shattered!
  21. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I did even more than 16oz sometimes and still liked it alot. I'd drink just about all of it, then wish I had more, so I'd dilute the little bit left by filling my bottle back up with water and keep training.

In only a little bit of water IA has a fairly strong flavor and thicker consistency which I liked, but others have said they prefer it at higher dilutions.

***NOW @ NP***
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Day 4

Legs
    5:05 - 5:50 AM

Stetched really well - legs and back.
    Treadmill - Walked 1/2 mile to warm up. Then ran 1/2 a mile in 3:40

Superset
    Smith Machine One legged presses 180lbs - 3 x 10 each
    Smith Machine calve raises - 3 x 20 + 10sec. negative pause

DB Lunges
    45lbs - 3x8 each

Superset
    Leg Extension - 3 x 15 110lbs/120/130
    Standing Calve raises - 200lbs. 3 x 20 + 10sec. negative pause

DB Leg Curls
    * I do these laying on my stomach on the flat bench. Really a great concentration. I've come to love these at the end of a workout!
    45lb. 2 x 12

Supplements and Timing
    4:35 AM - beta ala9 - nice feeling this morning nothing too extreme.
    5:35 AM- 1 scoop glycergrow
    5:00 - 6:00 - Intra-Aid w/2 scoops of glycergrow
    6:05 - Super Cissus - 2 caps

Post Workout
    6:25 - 1 can of steak sardines
    6:30 - 2 blueberry waffles with peanut butter and honey!
    @ 10:00 I will take my shake! it consists of 58gms of protein.

*It snowed for he first time in like 20years in southeast texas. felt wierd gettin in my truck with snow on it.
    Been feelin good during the day up until 12:00. I get tired and then eat and i am good.
    My legs are lookin more defined! Calves for sure. Gettin back where they use to be. Lovin it!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

LOL! The world is ending! It's snowing in Texas! Ha ha!

Solid leg wo man. How do you do those DB leg curls? I mean, how do you incorporate the DB into the lift?

Hg
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I lay on my stomach with my knees together and I get someone to hold the db upright and just stick it between my feet. Keeping my toes pointed outward. parallel with the floor. when your legs get almost straight your toes give and start pointing downward. That's when I flex my calves. it is a very very concentrated ham workout right up until the calves get involved. it's easier on the hex-bells!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

I lay on my stomach with my knees together and I get someone to hold the db upright and just stick it between my feet. Keeping my toes pointed outward. parallel with the floor. when your legs get almost straight your toes give and start pointing downward. That's when I flex my calves. it is a very very concentrated ham workout right up until the calves get involved. it's easier on the hex-bells!
    Thanks, going to have to give them a run sometime.

Hg
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Slept in this morning. Gonna get an evening workout in. Stayed up late last night playin the new Fallout 3 for the 360! I must say, it is pretty addicting. Gonna be a similar workout to last Tuesday! Shoulder is feeling better, at times i don't even think about it or remember that it is hurt. I'm lovin how Universal is giving me the energy and revovery to go on this 4 week run!

Get ready for some calve pics!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Solid. It's good to rest up. Keep building it man.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Day 5
    *Today was great!*
    I was excited about upping the weight some. I felt motivated more than any day. Probably because it is Friday and also because i had plenty of rest and it was an evening workout!

Workout
    Arm's/Chest/Back
    4:00 - 5:00 PM

Treadmill - Today I told myself I just want to beat 7:52 mile time. Well gentlemen. I ran a mile in 7:25. I was in the zone from start to finish. I can promise you that by the end of this run i will be in better shape and i will break 7min. for sure. OH yeah! gettin back into my runnin style again!

Superset bi/tri
    One arm cable curls - 3 x 20/20/15 same weight as Tues.
    V-Bar pushdowns 3 x 20/20/15 + 10bs. from last Tues.

Superset bi/tri
    Machine preacher curls - 3x12 + 10lbs. from last Tues.
    Machine rope pushdowns - 3x15

Superset chest/back
    Seated Machine Press - 30/25/20/15/10 +10lbs. from last Tues. Seated cable rows - 30/25/20/15/10 +10lbs. from last Tues.

Supplements
    Took a morning dosage of BetaAla9 on an empty stomach about an hour after i woke up. then ate 2 chicken biscuits from Mcdonalds. lot of cals and protein in those babies.
    For lunch our school was having chicken sandwiches. So i ate 1 whole sandwich then just the meat off another. It was a chicken day.

3:30 beta ala9
    4:00 - 5:00pm took my Intra-Aid
    5:30 - Dymatize Whey(1 scoop) 10oz of milk about 34gms of protein.
    5:30 - Granola bar - 27gms of carbs, 4protein
    7:00 - Triscuits and some Sardines.

I felt great today. best day this week as far as how i felt. (mood, gym recovery, and ability to really just stay on stride on the treadmill and not even skip a beat! I give credit to the Beta Ala9 and Intra!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before you say, "hey man your left one is bigger than your right, I KNOW!"
    It's not really noticable, but since I haven't been focusing like i am now or even like i use to in my younger 20's on my calves they use to be very close. Reason for this is I broke my leg when I was younger.
    You can't even tell when Im walkin or just not flexin. But since were all picky on ourselves just thought i would add that.

here's the PIC. taken tonight.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Calves1
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Calve2
  31. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I'm jealous!

My legs are so long that my calves are always the last part to grow. I've been making progress though - my high frequency has at least made it so I have calves!

***NOW @ NP***
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

I too am jealous!
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I appreciate the complements guys! I usually do calves twice a week! If lucky ill hit them 3! Its so genetic in my family! My dads calves are so huge.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

I appreciate the complements guys! I usually do calves twice a week! If lucky ill hit them 3! Its so genetic in my family! My dads calves are so huge.

Hey, if nature dictates it, run with it I say bro. Good workin man.

Hg
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

ready to join my fan club yet?

You should try sticking that intra-aid in the freezer for 2 hours before your workout, makes a nice slushy, I got that from one of the Universal guys.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Sounds like a great idea! Does your fan club come with a designed T-shirt!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Sounds like a great idea! Does your fan club come with a designed T-shirt!
    No, my confidence was bashed when I lost on the BB.com poll, I have retired.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Well orange, I don't doubt you! You did a nice job on the ones I saw!

Do to the fact that my computer is down and me only having my blackberry, I will update on 2nites workout 2Morrow @ work! It was leg day! Oh yeah!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    No, my confidence was bashed when I lost on the BB.com poll, I have retired.
    If I had the means I'd pay you to design me some hoodies and shirts.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I 2nd that!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Universal ULTRA WHEY PRO Sponsored Review
    By ninjarider45 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM
  2. Bravo
    By listentocky in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 03:48 PM
  3. NcredibleBulk's Universal EAA Nitro Log & Review (Sponsored)
    By NcredibleBulk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
  4. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
  5. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 01:34 AM