Seeing the forrest and the trees, "The Big Picture Stack"

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I was the recipient of "The Big Picture Stack" from Animal/Universal. It includes Animal Pump, Intra-Aid, And Torrent. Let the games begin :head:

Diet:

09:00 Breakfast: 1 cup ezekial cereal, 50g protein shake

12:00 Lunch: 50g protein (meat), cup of vegetables

15:00 Pre-Workout: Animal Pump, 50g protein shake

15:30 Workout: Intra-Aid

17:00 Post-Workout: Torrent

18:00 Dinner: 50g protein (meat), cup of vegetables

21:00 Before bed: 50 protein (meat)

Other Supplements:

Fish Oil: 10g

Suspending all other supps for duration of stack.

Workout:

#1: Chest/ Shoulders (side) /Triceps

#2: Back/ Shoulders (rear) /Biceps

#3: Legs/ Abs

+In addition I will be doing cardio whenever I can, since I wont be supplementing with any of these products before/during/after cardio I wont be specifically logging those sessions. If anyone has any Q's regarding about my cardio ask away :D

Criteria:

I will be reviewing "The Big Picture Stack" based on how these supps affect me vs. past experince with similar products. I have tried a few different pre-workout supps, and I have a usual post-workout shake that I take. As far as during-workout (intra-aid), I will report on stamina and/or recovery.

If anyone would like to know anything else, feel free to ask. :)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Final Review.

Animal Pump: Im not normally sensitive too stims but including the red pill into my leg day workout was too much for me. On normal workout days it was perfect though. Overall it gave me a better pump than shotgun, or no-xplode. Being that its a packet of pills it didnt give me any of the stomach issues associated with those products either. I would definitly buy Animal pump again, its a solid product, and comparable in price to other NO supps.

Intra-Aid: I enjoyed this product the most of everything I tried. It gave me alot more endurance in the gym. It also helped me leave the gym with more energy than when I went in. Instead of being totally drained, I was able to function the rest of the day, which is great as a full time student and pilot. I have already purchased another tub of Intra-Aid, and I'm sure it will be as good as the last :D

Torrent: I had the green apple flavoring and I honestly think this Is the best tasting protein powder I've ever had. The only drawback for me was the relatively high amount of sugar, 26 grams. And the high price tag, $55.99. I dont think on a student budget I could afford it on a regular basis. Aside from that, it is a solid product, and a great post workout aide for someone on a bulk, with more money than me ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*First pic me at 260, fat slob. Second pic, 245, a little less slob, but still 16%+bf. Both pics I have 18 inch arms, 28 inch legs. So I was able to maintain, or increase my LBM, while at the same time shedding fat.

Attachments

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Workout #1

Today went great, I think the stims in Animal Pump may be too much for me, for my #2 I'll leave out the red pill, then put it back in for #3 and compare how i feel. the pumps from that stuff are insane though, Im still jacked up now, almost an hour later.

Intra-aid was great, the blue raspberry isnt as good tasting as the torrent, but Ill tell you what, It had me grinding out reps like there was no tomorrow. I would have gone longer than an hour but I cant get myself too sore, with flying and everything. It was the kind of workout where you just gain energy with every set, I was actually more energized when i left than when i got there.

The torrent, as I mentioned earlier tastes awesome! It's green apple avalanche. i cant really comment on any specific effects, as this is my first time using it, and when you get down too it its only a protein/carb shake, but the ingredient profile its amazing. It's got a great blend of 3 different creatines, leucine, and other goodies. Im used too taking in more protein with my after workout shake too, it only has 20g of protein, but we'll see how this treats me

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I am definitely in for the ride on the Big Picture stack. Can't wait to see your progress. Looks good F!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Workout #2

Awesome back workout today. I took the Animal Pump without the red pill, and I got rock hard pumps without being so cracked out I couldnt concentrate, I gave the red pill to my GF, she does HIIT with me at the gym.

The Intra-Aid is freakn cool, My whole back is still tingling, I just got back from the gym 30-45mn ago, im guessing its due too the beta-alanine in it. But whatever it is I enjoy it. the blue raspberry tastes better today too, I think my shaker cup wasnt washed out enough when i made my Intra-aid shake yesterday.

Torrent still tastes amazing, like jolly rancher/now and later, I love it.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I was listening to this as I pounded through some 100lb DB rows.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwD5Jk7fJb4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this stack looks real nice i was hoping to win but congrats again and the log layout and everything looks good so far.

Only thing i noticed it seems you take in a really small amount of carbs is this because you are an Endomorph or just trying to cut? Was curious how the ratios breakdown...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Workout #2

Awesome back workout today. I took the Animal Pump without the red pill, and I got rock hard pumps without being so cracked out I couldnt concentrate, I gave the red pill to my GF, she does HIIT with me at the gym.

The Intra-Aid is freakn cool, My whole back is still tingling, I just got back from the gym 30-45mn ago, im guessing its due too the beta-alanine in it. But whatever it is I enjoy it. the blue raspberry tastes better today too, I think my shaker cup wasnt washed out enough when i made my Intra-aid shake yesterday.

Keep it rollin fp, that was only wo #2. Good to hear your liking it so far.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Workout #2

Cool... How much water for your Intra-Aid?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
you take in a really small amount of carbs is this because you are an Endomorph or just trying to cut? Was curious how the ratios breakdown...
Im basically doing a low carb diet right now, I've found that 1g per lb of protein in good for me, with minimal carbs, to maintain my body. When I eat more carbs I gain weight, when I eat less carbs and throw in cardio, I lose weight.

I've going too start doing some cardio on my off days, I've found that a seperate day for cardio works the best for me.

As far as macros, basically 250g of protein, 100g or so carbs, moderate amount of fat, nothing too strict right now, as it gets closer to the Dec im going to get real tight about my exact macro intake.

Keep it rollin fp, that was only wo #2. Good to hear your liking it so far.
Just a minor point, this was my second workout, but the #2 more refers to in post one where i laid out my split.:afro:

Cool... How much water for your Intra-Aid?
Almost 20oz, basically I just throw a scoop in my shaker cup and fill it with water.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Just a minor point, this was my second workout, but the #2 more refers to in post one where i laid out my split.:afro:

Ahh, got ya. You might try your IA with a bit more water and see what ya think. I like it with right around 25 oz or just a little more.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, got ya. You might try your IA with a bit more water and see what ya think. I like it with right around 25 oz or just a little more.
I might try that, Im used too drinking a half gallon during my workouts, so a little more water surely wouldnt hurt.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
x2. My sweet spot is 25-30 oz per level scoop. And the colder the water, the better.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subdiziled

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
looking forward to your opinions on the pump, since I got the ST, although, I'm very satisfied with the ST, it seems working very well!

Oh and the torrent taste is crazy huh? I have like 4.5lbs of WMS from TrueProtein I bought like a year ago, usually I would eat sh*t if it made me grow (not really but you get the point) but I just couldn't handle the nasty taste/texture of WMS, by far the most disgusting supp I have ever used. I dunno how torrent can have WMS in it and taste sooooo good?!?!?!?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
looking forward to your opinions on the pump, since I got the ST, although, I'm very satisfied with the ST, it seems working very well!

Oh and the torrent taste is crazy huh? I have like 4.5lbs of WMS from TrueProtein I bought like a year ago, usually I would eat sh*t if it made me grow (not really but you get the point) but I just couldn't handle the nasty taste/texture of WMS, by far the most disgusting supp I have ever used. I dunno how torrent can have WMS in it and taste sooooo good?!?!?!?

They did and excellent job of masking the taste of the ingredients in the Torrent. I read a few places where that was the biggest challenge after putting together the formula was making it actually taste good.

Hg

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Workout #3

Did legs today, my new gym doesnt have a squat rack (school's equipment) so I have to do my best. I do DB squats, lunges, and sometimes leg press. I did lunges, then I ran the rack, 60lb-100lb for my DB squats. By the last set I had this huge zipper vein running diagonally across my forehead, about a quarter inch off my skin.

It was intense, needless too say Im loving the Animal Pump, and I think Intra-Aid Is invaluable. Once again I just powered through my workout with extra steam left over, I even left it all at the gym this time, no flying for the weekend so I pushed it too the limit, my muscles gave out, but the mind was still willing.

As mentioned earlier, torrent tastes amazing, I need more protein right after i workout though so I might start throwing in some egg whites, just to get another 25g. Any reason you Animals think I shouldnt add some more protein in?

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
X2 - I've been doing a full meal 45Min. after the torrent. The 20G of protein comes from a hydrolized whey source, very high quality, super expensive, and very fast digesting.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys normally only have 20g of protein after workouts?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Workout #3

Did legs today, my new gym doesnt have a squat rack (school's equipment) so I have to do my best. I do DB squats, lunges, and sometimes leg press. I did lunges, then I ran the rack, 60lb-100lb for my DB squats. By the last set I had this huge zipper vein running diagonally across my forehead, about a quarter inch off my skin.

It was intense, needless too say Im loving the Animal Pump, and I think Intra-Aid Is invaluable. Once again I just powered through my workout with extra steam left over, I even left it all at the gym this time, no flying for the weekend so I pushed it too the limit, my muscles gave out, but the mind was still willing.

As mentioned earlier, torrent tastes amazing, I need more protein right after i workout though so I might start throwing in some egg whites, just to get another 25g. Any reason you Animals think I shouldnt add some more protein in?
Do you guys normally only have 20g of protein after workouts?

It's a reasonable and actually very common question bro. The answer is no you do not need to add any protein to your Torrent.

Here is a thread where U-rep was spelling it all out.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=5264&highlight=Protein+Torrent

Hope that helps man.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
It does actually, thanks man :food:
NP my friend. And like the brothers said above (and it says in that thread) have a good clean high protein meal about 45 minutes to an hour after your Torrent shake. Gotta fuel the body to make the gains!

Hg

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
In case anybody was wondering: today and yesterday are/were off days, just some light cardio, stretching, etc. My legs are still sore as f#ck, those DB squats are awesome, just be ready for your traps/upper back/lower back/quads/hams/hips to hurt for the next few days. It almost works like a modulated deadlift, but they really target the legs the most.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I do DB squats sometimes to. It's serious stuff. It will hit you hard just like doing heavy DB lunges.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I do DB squats sometimes to. It's serious stuff. It will hit you hard just like doing heavy DB lunges.
For sure. Im headn out to the gym here in a little bit, not as sore as yesterday, I was able to work out alot of the stiffness while walking around the Jacksonville Zoo. My gf was able to feed some stingrays, I was surprised how nice the zoo was. Im used too Chicagos' zoo's so I normally feel let down, but it was a good time.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Workout #1

I can telll a big difference between days I use the stack, and those days I dont. Like this weekend: I did some HIIT around the track at my school and I was just wiped out by the end. My legs were like jello, and I was done, i went home and took a nap.

Today though? Just pure adrenaline, I sweat a little bit more than normal which may be due to the Animal Pump, but I mostly attribute it to the increased intensity I have in the gym. I was pumping out my last set of DB bench and all I could hear screaming in my ears was
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good weekend man. Glad you had a good time at the zoo. Mental recharging is just as important as resting our bodies.

The Pump will make you sweat more. It is from more intensity, which is also brought on a lot by Animal Pump. It works hand in hand. When I use it, I leave the gym soaked. That is why I drinik so much during my workouts.

Hg

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I leave the gym soaked. That is why I drinik so much during my workouts.

Hg

Thanks man, it was a blast. I'm going to up my water intake a little bit, see if that helps.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, it was a blast. I'm going to up my water intake a little bit, see if that helps.
I also leave the gym covered in sweat and having to mop up whatever equipment behind me. I have found upping my water intake worked best for me as well. I do drop the intake back down though on off days. Let us know. You are definitely putting in some hard work when you have Disturbed ringing in your head.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
workout #2

Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome :head:

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome :head:
send me your red pills :D:eek:

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
There gonna be any before and after pics at the end of this log? With all these great supps there should be a noticable body compisition change.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established

If you are liking the energy without using the red stim pill that is awesome. Try it sometime with a morning workout ;)

As for the protein and the extra meal, that is the point bro. Torrent works well for a maintenance diet but is really best used during a bulk. During a bulk you WANT that extra meal.

Plus did you read that thread I gave you? That 20 grams is not insufficiant for your needs post workout. There is science to it. U-rep spells it out pretty nice in that thread. If you find that you need more than what it is giving you then you are saying you need more than the likes of Evan Centopani http://www.davepalumbo.com/2007 Photos/Congrats at Nationals/images/evan6.jpg or any of the other large freaks who swear by the product as being just right.

Not at all being a smart butt here my man. Just pointing out these things to sort of assure you that you're getting "what you need" in your Post-wo shake with the amount of Protein in the Torrent my friend. This topic has come up before for the very same reasons. It shows you put some good thought into your workout nutrition.

Give it a good shake here and see how you do on it. I think your going to be happy with the results. If you really do still feel you need more then there is no harm in having another protein shake about 20 minutes later or so if you really don't want to throw down that next meal just yet.

Hg

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
There gonna be any before and after pics at the end of this log? With all these great supps there should be a noticable body compisition change.
I just might put some up, I'm still like 15% BF right now so it wont be pretty, but lemme see what I can rassle up. I might just just take some now, save them till then end, then post some final pics at the same time.

If you are liking the energy without using the red stim pill that is awesome. Try it sometime with a morning workout ;)

Plus did you read that thread I gave you?
I'll try the red before some cardio today, seems like it will be good stuff :D

I read the Torrent articles, im just giving my opinion. This log is about honest feedback, not pandering too a certain audience. Those guys are paid to say they like the product, I'm not.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I read the Torrent articles, im just giving my opinion. This log is about honest feedback, not pandering too a certain audience. Those guys are paid to say they like the product, I'm not.

Touche' like I said man, I wan't being a butt at all, I was concerned it would read that way but I am only pointing out that the company has done their homework on this. Your opinion is wanted! Always. That's how we want it bro.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I took a picture a little bit ago so we'll have a good before/after when this is all over with.....but you'll have to wait untill then too see it.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I took a picture a little bit ago so we'll have a good before/after when this is all over with.....but you'll have to wait untill then too see it.
I have found pictures to be some of the best ways to gauge my progress.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established

Torrent was not meant to be the be-all-end-all nutrition post-workout. Most of the fellas I know (including me) take Torrent, and after that, a whole food meal within an hour or two. Intra-Aid and Pump are addicting, but for diff reasons I think... Intra-Aid, def for the taste...

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
I just might put some up, I'm still like 15% BF right now so it wont be pretty, but lemme see what I can rassle up. I might just just take some now, save them till then end, then post some final pics at the same time.

Sounds awesome dude,can't wait. I'm really considering adding this to my massive 3month bulk log.

Oh yeah wheres my green...lol

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I've been sick the past few days; I'm feeling better, so I should be back in to the gym tomorrow. I'll update as soon as I get done with my next workout :dl:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
workout #3

It's a great day today so I decided to do my workout outside. Me and the gf went to my schools soccer field and did some lunges. Now if your thinking; Lunges? Bodyweight only? That pussy must be crazy! why doesn't he do some squats? Try them and get back to me.

We lunged the long side of the field then jogged the goal side, so on and so forth, for about an hour. Then we did some side too sides along the mid field line, and finished it off by walking backwards a few laps to help stretch the hips.

My legs are just jello right now. I tried taking the red pill today before my workout and its great for cardio, still a little too much stims for me to use during anaerobic exercises like lifting weights. Intra-aid makes such a difference in stamina its unbelievable, its like night and day versus my old workouts. Torrent tastes soooo good, It's a great treat after a hard workout to have something that you actually want to drink.:D