Seeing the forrest and the trees, "The Big Picture Stack"

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Log is looking good.
    Subscribed.
    Thanks man, headn out to the gym in little bit, will have another update later today

  2. Workout #2


    I usually do mostly free weight exercises but today decided to switch it up and do all machines/cables with higher reps (12-15). I think it makes a difference doing machines/higher reps as far as utilizing Animal Pump to it fullest. Probably due to keeping the muscles under constant tension for as along as possible. It also allows the intra to work at its best by helping you with the stamina to pound out 70-85 reps (total) on any given machine/cable exercise. With all these working in a synergistic relationship you can just feel the torrent flood your muscles with nourishment when your done.
    •   
       

  3. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    With all these working in a synergistic relationship you can just feel the torrent flood your muscles with nourishment when your done.
    This is the effect I get from it to. I like to run myself out pretty hard in the gym and there is no way i could put down a solid food meal right away so I like the Torrent for this. I can handle the liquid post workout and I can literally feel the life coming back into my body after I chug it. Not saying you need to chug it That's just what I do.

    So are you becoming a regular with the red stim pill in the Pump pack now? I'll bet your GF isn't to happy about that LOL!

    Good stuff man, I'm enjoying the log.

    Hg

  4. With all this talk of Torrent, I may have to get some.
    Good update, FP.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    With all this talk of Torrent, I may have to get some.
    Good update, FP.
    It's def good stuff.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    So are you becoming a regular with the red stim pill in the Pump pack now? I'll bet your GF isn't to happy about that LOL!

    Good stuff man, I'm enjoying the log.

    Hg
    I think if Im going to take the red pill i need to take it at least 45mn ahead of time so I can get used to the effects before hitting the weights, when it kicks in in the middle of my workout It can make me sweaty/dizzy/weak. No, she doesnt like it very much


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    With all this talk of Torrent, I may have to get some.
    Good update, FP.
    Thanks man, I enjoy it. Its not as many servings as other protein powders, but its a different ingredient profile, and the taste blows everything else out of the water.
  7. workout #3


    I went back to the soccer field to torture myself again. 45mn of lunges (small breaks every so often) then 15 minutes of side to sides along the mid-field line, a couple laps around the track back wards (really helps my hips) and then I laid on the field for a while trying to regain my senses.

    loving the pump today, busy day and it was just what I needed to help power through my workout. I filled up my intra-aid with a few ice cubes to keep it extra cold and left it at the entrance to the field, that way every time i made a lap i got to take a big gulp I brought my torrent with me, instead of making it at home, and while it was still good, it is much better cold.

    My music of choice for leg day.

    YouTube - Tool - Schism

  8. Sore as fook today, I slammed a scoop of Intra-aid with breakfast to help with recovery since I had a long walk to class. Sorry if that wasnt the exact scope of how I should be using these products, but it helped me make it too class

  9. Glad to see the log is still going strong! Im jumping into my first INTRA-AID experience real soon thanks to U-rep, so Ill keep everyone up-dated on my progress.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Sore as fook today, I slammed a scoop of Intra-aid with breakfast to help with recovery since I had a long walk to class. Sorry if that wasnt the exact scope of how I should be using these products, but it helped me make it too class
    Let me know how that goes for recovery during breakfast. Being sore just means you're growing.

    Whole name of the game is experimenting and finding out what works.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Sore as fook today, I slammed a scoop of Intra-aid with breakfast to help with recovery since I had a long walk to class. Sorry if that wasnt the exact scope of how I should be using these products, but it helped me make it too class

    We are all guilty of this in one form or another my man, no worries LOL!
  12. workout #1


    I carbed up today like a fiend. I had a cup of cereal for break fast today, archer farms high protein cinnamon something or other, so tasty. For lunch I had a double turkey meat pumpkin bagel sandwich, I have an einstein bagel on campus thats part of the meal plan, so sweet. In addition to the sandwich I had 2 fish sandwiches form the lunch room(bun included) and 2 country fried steak patties with a scoop of mash potatoes. for dinner i had about 16 pieces of sushi.

    And of cource the prerequisite protein shakes and orange juice/egg white shakes.

    The reason I mention all this is todays workout was INSANE I've done low carb/carb ups before and the workouts are usually better, but I was so pumped and energized today It was rediculous. I thought my triceps were going to pop out of my shirt, they were so pumped the last few sets I did were so painfull I almost had to quit.

    This leads me to believe that both Animal pump and intra-aid work better in a high carb environment.

    Cardio music for when you hit the wall.
    YouTube - Pantera - Suicide Note (Part 1 & 2)

  13. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    This leads me to believe that both Animal pump and intra-aid work better in a high carb environment.
    For sure! Good discovery man Carbs (keep um clean) are body fuel!

    Hg

  14. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    I carbed up today like a fiend. I had a cup of cereal for break fast today, archer farms high protein cinnamon something or other, so tasty. For lunch I had a double turkey meat pumpkin bagel sandwich, I have an einstein bagel on campus thats part of the meal plan, so sweet. In addition to the sandwich I had 2 fish sandwiches form the lunch room(bun included) and 2 country fried steak patties with a scoop of mash potatoes. for dinner i had about 16 pieces of sushi.

    And of cource the prerequisite protein shakes and orange juice/egg white shakes.
    Mmmhhmmm That's good eating...

  15. FP, you and I will get along just fine as long as you keep slamming some Pantera into the mix!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    FP, you and I will get along just fine as long as you keep slamming some Pantera into the mix!
    Glad you enjoy it man, there will more to come
  17. workout #2


    Its been a couple days since I was in the gym, Halloween and homework have distracted me, but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.

    Animal pump never ceases to amaze, I left out the red pill today and instead had a little bit of coffee I brewed up, vanilla hazelnut form this local coffee shop, good sh!t. Intra-aid helps me squeeze out those last few reps like nobody's business. I'm really getting used too having a drink during my workout, I think it helps not only with nutrients, but that mental edge where your drinking the strength to power through the next set of deadlifts I remembered to make my torrent shake before I left and threw it in the fridge, It tastes sooooo good when its cold, I think I've mentioned this before but I'll be damned if it doesn't taste like jolly rancher.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Its been a couple days since I was in the gym, Halloween and homework have distracted me, but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.

    Animal pump never ceases to amaze, I left out the red pill today and instead had a little bit of coffee I brewed up, vanilla hazelnut form this local coffee shop, good sh!t. Intra-aid helps me squeeze out those last few reps like nobody's business. I'm really getting used too having a drink during my workout, I think it helps not only with nutrients, but that mental edge where your drinking the strength to power through the next set of deadlifts I remembered to make my torrent shake before I left and threw it in the fridge, It tastes sooooo good when its cold, I think I've mentioned this before but I'll be damned if it doesn't taste like jolly rancher.
    What did you end of doing for halloween?

    I agree nothing beats a good day in the gym and its just you vs the iron and nothing else matters. That coffee sounds good and nothing beats cold Torrent.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Its been a couple days since I was in the gym, Halloween and homework have distracted me, but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.

    Animal pump never ceases to amaze, I left out the red pill today and instead had a little bit of coffee I brewed up, vanilla hazelnut form this local coffee shop, good sh!t. Intra-aid helps me squeeze out those last few reps like nobody's business. I'm really getting used too having a drink during my workout, I think it helps not only with nutrients, but that mental edge where your drinking the strength to power through the next set of deadlifts I remembered to make my torrent shake before I left and threw it in the fridge, It tastes sooooo good when its cold, I think I've mentioned this before but I'll be damned if it doesn't taste like jolly rancher.
    What flavor of jolly rancher?
    The coffee sounds good!
  20. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.
    Amen brother! People think we go over board with how serious we take our iron time but it is the real deal. Iron therapy is not to be taken lightly and it costs a whole lot less than paying some Dr to analyze us. Just give me my 1 hour session in the gym and I'll be fine.

    Very creative on the pre-workout nutrition man. I'm liking it. My wife makes Hazelnut coffee all the time. My buddies call it "*** coffee" but I love it.... shhhh, don't tell anyone

    Hg

  21. Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    What did you end of doing for halloween?
    Went to my next door neighbors apartment for a party, I went as a nun. Then at about 2am we went to the schools fountain for a swim. One of my friends had dressed up as a scuba diver, so we convinced him he had to go swimming. It was just about the funniest goddamn thing i've seen in awhile.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    What flavor of jolly rancher?
    Sour apple It's delicious.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Iron therapy is not to be taken lightly and it costs a whole lot less than paying some Dr to analyze us.


    Very creative on the pre-workout nutrition man. I'm liking it. My wife makes Hazelnut coffee all the time.

    I like that, very descriptive of what a real gym session is like.

    Oh man, theres not much better than a great cup of coffee.
  24. workout #3


    Since my gym doesnt have a squat rack I've been forced to utilize other things to work my legs. I've really enjoyed doing Lunges, db squats, leg presses, among other excercises. Nut today I felt like some squats just had to be done. So I loaded up the flat bench BB and used that as a modified box squat type apparatus. They actually work pretty good, the hard part though is when you get up into the havier weights you have to really support it with your arms getting the bar back down too the supports.

    I dosed my Animal pump without the red pill again, and I was glad, some body had the air off in the gym and it was 75+ degrees in there, i thought i was gonna die. But i sitll powered through with the Aid of Intra-Aid, I just sweat bullets everywhere. And as usual i had my torrent shake when i got home, I tried it mixed with milk today: note too self, do not mix torrent with milk. I still choked it down, but it was not pleasant.

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDWKUBV2EAA"]YouTube - Megadeth-Sweating Bullets[/nomedia]

  25. very interesting im in

  26. LOL! Oh man dude! Torrent with Milk, I don't want to even think about it

  27. Quote Originally Posted by ticco View Post
    very interesting im in
    Welcome

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    LOL! Oh man dude! Torrent with Milk, I don't want to even think about it
    Definitely not one of my more ingenious moments....
  29. Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Definitely not one of my more ingenious moments....

    Probably made for a fun evening

  30. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Went to my next door neighbors apartment for a party, I went as a nun. Then at about 2am we went to the schools fountain for a swim. One of my friends had dressed up as a scuba diver, so we convinced him he had to go swimming. It was just about the funniest goddamn thing i've seen in awhile.
    Haha that is awesome



    I am glad you tired Torrent w/ milk before I did. I just vomited a little thinking about it hahaha
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
  2. Controlled Labs "Creative Picture" Contest!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 12:24 AM
  3. PROMO: The "Big Picture" Stack
    By Universal Rep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 05:47 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Log in
Log in