1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome

If you are liking the energy without using the red stim pill that is awesome. Try it sometime with a morning workout

As for the protein and the extra meal, that is the point bro. Torrent works well for a maintenance diet but is really best used during a bulk. During a bulk you WANT that extra meal.

Plus did you read that thread I gave you? That 20 grams is not insufficiant for your needs post workout. There is science to it. U-rep spells it out pretty nice in that thread. If you find that you need more than what it is giving you then you are saying you need more than the likes of Evan Centopani http://www.davepalumbo.com/2007%20Ph...ages/evan6.jpg or any of the other large freaks who swear by the product as being just right.

Not at all being a smart butt here my man. Just pointing out these things to sort of assure you that you're getting "what you need" in your Post-wo shake with the amount of Protein in the Torrent my friend. This topic has come up before for the very same reasons. It shows you put some good thought into your workout nutrition.

Give it a good shake here and see how you do on it. I think your going to be happy with the results. If you really do still feel you need more then there is no harm in having another protein shake about 20 minutes later or so if you really don't want to throw down that next meal just yet.

Hg

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    There gonna be any before and after pics at the end of this log? With all these great supps there should be a noticable body compisition change.
    I just might put some up, I'm still like 15% BF right now so it wont be pretty, but lemme see what I can rassle up. I might just just take some now, save them till then end, then post some final pics at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    If you are liking the energy without using the red stim pill that is awesome. Try it sometime with a morning workout

Plus did you read that thread I gave you?
    I'll try the red before some cardio today, seems like it will be good stuff

I read the Torrent articles, im just giving my opinion. This log is about honest feedback, not pandering too a certain audience. Those guys are paid to say they like the product, I'm not.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

I read the Torrent articles, im just giving my opinion. This log is about honest feedback, not pandering too a certain audience. Those guys are paid to say they like the product, I'm not.

Touche' like I said man, I wan't being a butt at all, I was concerned it would read that way but I am only pointing out that the company has done their homework on this. Your opinion is wanted! Always. That's how we want it bro.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

No harm, no foul.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Alright, I took a picture a little bit ago so we'll have a good before/after when this is all over with.....but you'll have to wait untill then too see it.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

Alright, I took a picture a little bit ago so we'll have a good before/after when this is all over with.....but you'll have to wait untill then too see it.
    I have found pictures to be some of the best ways to gauge my progress.
  7. UniversalUSA.com
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome
    Torrent was not meant to be the be-all-end-all nutrition post-workout. Most of the fellas I know (including me) take Torrent, and after that, a whole food meal within an hour or two. Intra-Aid and Pump are addicting, but for diff reasons I think... Intra-Aid, def for the taste...
  8. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.73%

[QUOTE=futurepilot;1598136]I just might put some up, I'm still like 15% BF right now so it wont be pretty, but lemme see what I can rassle up. I might just just take some now, save them till then end, then post some final pics at the same time.

Sounds awesome dude,can't wait. I'm really considering adding this to my massive 3month bulk log.

Oh yeah wheres my green...lol
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

I've been sick the past few days; I'm feeling better, so I should be back in to the gym tomorrow. I'll update as soon as I get done with my next workout :dl:
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

workout #3

It's a great day today so I decided to do my workout outside. Me and the gf went to my schools soccer field and did some lunges. Now if your thinking; Lunges? Bodyweight only? That pussy must be crazy! why doesn't he do some squats? Try them and get back to me.

We lunged the long side of the field then jogged the goal side, so on and so forth, for about an hour. Then we did some side too sides along the mid field line, and finished it off by walking backwards a few laps to help stretch the hips.

My legs are just jello right now. I tried taking the red pill today before my workout and its great for cardio, still a little too much stims for me to use during anaerobic exercises like lifting weights. Intra-aid makes such a difference in stamina its unbelievable, its like night and day versus my old workouts. Torrent tastes soooo good, It's a great treat after a hard workout to have something that you actually want to drink.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

Thumbs up

Good stuff fp. Glad to hear you shook that bug of and are back at it. No worries on the BW lunges either, I know EXACTLY what your saying. When you do them for a long distance and a long time both together in the same workout you don't want any extra weight. Most people can't even get back up after a few sets of BW only anyway so where is the need for additional weight? I add weight when I'm in the gym and am going to be doing substantially less reps and sets of them because I'm doing other exercises too.

The Pump is DEF~! da bomb for any workout and really does do wonder for cardio too. Same is true for the IA.

Hg
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

It's a great day today so I decided to do my workout outside. Me and the gf went to my schools soccer field and did some lunges. Now if your thinking; Lunges? Bodyweight only? That pussy must be crazy! why doesn't he do some squats? Try them and get back to me.

We lunged the long side of the field then jogged the goal side, so on and so forth, for about an hour. Then we did some side too sides along the mid field line, and finished it off by walking backwards a few laps to help stretch the hips.

My legs are just jello right now. I tried taking the red pill today before my workout and its great for cardio, still a little too much stims for me to use during anaerobic exercises like lifting weights. Intra-aid makes such a difference in stamina its unbelievable, its like night and day versus my old workouts. Torrent tastes soooo good, It's a great treat after a hard workout to have something that you actually want to drink.
    You are a brave brave man doing lunges. I can't stand the lunges...they just destroy me haha. Power to you for doing that and working out with your girl. The red pill can be a little too much, its great being able to take it out if needed. I have heard of others saving up the red pills and using it as a stim much the way you did with cardio. Innovative.

IA and Torrent are both delicious and glad to hear about the stamina help. I am always craving Torrent at the end of my workouts and it is definitely just as you described it, a treat.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    You are a brave brave man doing lunges. I can't stand the lunges...they just destroy me haha. Power to you for doing that and working out with your girl. The red pill can be a little too much, its great being able to take it out if needed. I have heard of others saving up the red pills and using it as a stim much the way you did with cardio. Innovative.

IA and Torrent are both delicious and glad to hear about the stamina help. I am always craving Torrent at the end of my workouts and it is definitely just as you described it, a treat.
    Thanks man, i do my best. they hurt like hell if you do em right. I love being able to choose which workouts i take the stims with, thats waht made me want to try a full run of Pump instead of shock therapy.

Oh my god is it a treat, Im kind of cutting right now, just mostly staying away from sweets/candy etc so Torrent is like my cheat meal
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

workout #1

I had a great time in the gym today. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by school so i just took it out on the weights. I took my Pump about 45 minutes beforehand, I think this is my sweet spot for timing, i could feel in kicking in as i walked over to do my first set. I just murdered some DB bench, DB incline, Pec Deck machine, cable cross overs, one arm tricep puch downs, V bar tricep puch downs, DB over head triceps, Laterals superset with upright rows for shoulder. I was knocked out by the end. Intra-Aid was the only thing that even let me do my shoulder workout.

I was sipping my bottle as normal, switched over to just water so I could save some intra for the end, chugged the rest of the Intra, kicked up the Iron Maiden, and hit those shoulder exercises. Its amazing how you can actually feel a difference in sets. It may be just placebo, but i doubt it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dSQ5a5K4c4"]YouTube - Iron Maiden The Nomad[/ame]
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

Nice work on the chest fp.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Thanks man.:good:
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

Thanks man, i do my best. they hurt like hell if you do em right. I love being able to choose which workouts i take the stims with, thats waht made me want to try a full run of Pump instead of shock therapy.

Oh my god is it a treat, Im kind of cutting right now, just mostly staying away from sweets/candy etc so Torrent is like my cheat meal
    Agreed. Lunges are brutal and Torrent is just like a cheat meal. It's that good. Yeah being able to take out the stims of Pump is definitely a plus. Glad you're enjoying it. Hows the semi cutting thus far?
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

It's goin good actually, I think everyone will be surprised at the before and after pics if I keep progressing at this rate. :bb:
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

It's goin good actually, I think everyone will be surprised at the before and after pics if I keep progressing at this rate. :bb:
    That's great news. Keep with it FP! Looking forward to the pics!
  20. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Log is looking good.
    Subscribed.
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Log is looking good.
    Subscribed.
    Thanks man, headn out to the gym in little bit, will have another update later today
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Workout #2

I usually do mostly free weight exercises but today decided to switch it up and do all machines/cables with higher reps (12-15). I think it makes a difference doing machines/higher reps as far as utilizing Animal Pump to it fullest. Probably due to keeping the muscles under constant tension for as along as possible. It also allows the intra to work at its best by helping you with the stamina to pound out 70-85 reps (total) on any given machine/cable exercise. With all these working in a synergistic relationship you can just feel the torrent flood your muscles with nourishment when your done.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

Thumbs up

With all these working in a synergistic relationship you can just feel the torrent flood your muscles with nourishment when your done.
    This is the effect I get from it to. I like to run myself out pretty hard in the gym and there is no way i could put down a solid food meal right away so I like the Torrent for this. I can handle the liquid post workout and I can literally feel the life coming back into my body after I chug it. Not saying you need to chug it That's just what I do.

So are you becoming a regular with the red stim pill in the Pump pack now? I'll bet your GF isn't to happy about that LOL!

Good stuff man, I'm enjoying the log.

Hg
  24. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

With all this talk of Torrent, I may have to get some.
    Good update, FP.
  25. UniversalUSA.com
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Good update, FP.
    It's def good stuff.
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    So are you becoming a regular with the red stim pill in the Pump pack now? I'll bet your GF isn't to happy about that LOL!

Good stuff man, I'm enjoying the log.

Hg
    I think if Im going to take the red pill i need to take it at least 45mn ahead of time so I can get used to the effects before hitting the weights, when it kicks in in the middle of my workout It can make me sweaty/dizzy/weak. No, she doesnt like it very much

Good update, FP.
    Thanks man, I enjoy it. Its not as many servings as other protein powders, but its a different ingredient profile, and the taste blows everything else out of the water.
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

workout #3

I went back to the soccer field to torture myself again. 45mn of lunges (small breaks every so often) then 15 minutes of side to sides along the mid-field line, a couple laps around the track back wards (really helps my hips) and then I laid on the field for a while trying to regain my senses.

loving the pump today, busy day and it was just what I needed to help power through my workout. I filled up my intra-aid with a few ice cubes to keep it extra cold and left it at the entrance to the field, that way every time i made a lap i got to take a big gulp I brought my torrent with me, instead of making it at home, and while it was still good, it is much better cold.

My music of choice for leg day.

YouTube - Tool - Schism
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

Sore as fook today, I slammed a scoop of Intra-aid with breakfast to help with recovery since I had a long walk to class. Sorry if that wasnt the exact scope of how I should be using these products, but it helped me make it too class
  29. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.73%

Glad to see the log is still going strong! Im jumping into my first INTRA-AID experience real soon thanks to U-rep, so Ill keep everyone up-dated on my progress.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

Sore as fook today, I slammed a scoop of Intra-aid with breakfast to help with recovery since I had a long walk to class. Sorry if that wasnt the exact scope of how I should be using these products, but it helped me make it too class
    Let me know how that goes for recovery during breakfast. Being sore just means you're growing.

Whole name of the game is experimenting and finding out what works.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

We are all guilty of this in one form or another my man, no worries LOL!
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

workout #1

I carbed up today like a fiend. I had a cup of cereal for break fast today, archer farms high protein cinnamon something or other, so tasty. For lunch I had a double turkey meat pumpkin bagel sandwich, I have an einstein bagel on campus thats part of the meal plan, so sweet. In addition to the sandwich I had 2 fish sandwiches form the lunch room(bun included) and 2 country fried steak patties with a scoop of mash potatoes. for dinner i had about 16 pieces of sushi.

And of cource the prerequisite protein shakes and orange juice/egg white shakes.

The reason I mention all this is todays workout was INSANE I've done low carb/carb ups before and the workouts are usually better, but I was so pumped and energized today It was rediculous. I thought my triceps were going to pop out of my shirt, they were so pumped the last few sets I did were so painfull I almost had to quit.

This leads me to believe that both Animal pump and intra-aid work better in a high carb environment.

Cardio music for when you hit the wall.
    YouTube - Pantera - Suicide Note (Part 1 & 2)
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

This leads me to believe that both Animal pump and intra-aid work better in a high carb environment.
    For sure! Good discovery man Carbs (keep um clean) are body fuel!

Hg
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

I carbed up today like a fiend. I had a cup of cereal for break fast today, archer farms high protein cinnamon something or other, so tasty. For lunch I had a double turkey meat pumpkin bagel sandwich, I have an einstein bagel on campus thats part of the meal plan, so sweet. In addition to the sandwich I had 2 fish sandwiches form the lunch room(bun included) and 2 country fried steak patties with a scoop of mash potatoes. for dinner i had about 16 pieces of sushi.

And of cource the prerequisite protein shakes and orange juice/egg white shakes.
    Mmmhhmmm That's good eating...
  35. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

FP, you and I will get along just fine as long as you keep slamming some Pantera into the mix!
  36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

FP, you and I will get along just fine as long as you keep slamming some Pantera into the mix!
    Glad you enjoy it man, there will more to come
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.67%

workout #2

Its been a couple days since I was in the gym, Halloween and homework have distracted me, but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.

Animal pump never ceases to amaze, I left out the red pill today and instead had a little bit of coffee I brewed up, vanilla hazelnut form this local coffee shop, good sh!t. Intra-aid helps me squeeze out those last few reps like nobody's business. I'm really getting used too having a drink during my workout, I think it helps not only with nutrients, but that mental edge where your drinking the strength to power through the next set of deadlifts I remembered to make my torrent shake before I left and threw it in the fridge, It tastes sooooo good when its cold, I think I've mentioned this before but I'll be damned if it doesn't taste like jolly rancher.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.22%

Its been a couple days since I was in the gym, Halloween and homework have distracted me, but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.

Animal pump never ceases to amaze, I left out the red pill today and instead had a little bit of coffee I brewed up, vanilla hazelnut form this local coffee shop, good sh!t. Intra-aid helps me squeeze out those last few reps like nobody's business. I'm really getting used too having a drink during my workout, I think it helps not only with nutrients, but that mental edge where your drinking the strength to power through the next set of deadlifts I remembered to make my torrent shake before I left and threw it in the fridge, It tastes sooooo good when its cold, I think I've mentioned this before but I'll be damned if it doesn't taste like jolly rancher.
    What did you end of doing for halloween?

I agree nothing beats a good day in the gym and its just you vs the iron and nothing else matters. That coffee sounds good and nothing beats cold Torrent.
  39. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

What flavor of jolly rancher?
    The coffee sounds good!
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

Thumbs up

but it felt good to throw around some Iron today. Sometimes you forget how much of a stress reliever working out is, everything else just falls away when your lifting, you could have anything in the world happening outside the gym, but inside its just you and the weights.
    Amen brother! People think we go over board with how serious we take our iron time but it is the real deal. Iron therapy is not to be taken lightly and it costs a whole lot less than paying some Dr to analyze us. Just give me my 1 hour session in the gym and I'll be fine.

Very creative on the pre-workout nutrition man. I'm liking it. My wife makes Hazelnut coffee all the time. My buddies call it "*** coffee" but I love it.... shhhh, don't tell anyone

Hg

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
  2. Controlled Labs "Creative Picture" Contest!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 12:24 AM
  3. PROMO: The "Big Picture" Stack
    By Universal Rep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 05:47 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM