Seeing the forrest and the trees, "The Big Picture Stack"

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    I do DB squats sometimes to. It's serious stuff. It will hit you hard just like doing heavy DB lunges.

  2. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    I do DB squats sometimes to. It's serious stuff. It will hit you hard just like doing heavy DB lunges.
    For sure. Im headn out to the gym here in a little bit, not as sore as yesterday, I was able to work out alot of the stiffness while walking around the Jacksonville Zoo. My gf was able to feed some stingrays, I was surprised how nice the zoo was. Im used too Chicagos' zoo's so I normally feel let down, but it was a good time.
  3. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Workout #1


    I can telll a big difference between days I use the stack, and those days I dont. Like this weekend: I did some HIIT around the track at my school and I was just wiped out by the end. My legs were like jello, and I was done, i went home and took a nap.

    Today though? Just pure adrenaline, I sweat a little bit more than normal which may be due to the Animal Pump, but I mostly attribute it to the increased intensity I have in the gym. I was pumping out my last set of DB bench and all I could hear screaming in my ears was
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    Sounds like a good weekend man. Glad you had a good time at the zoo. Mental recharging is just as important as resting our bodies.

    The Pump will make you sweat more. It is from more intensity, which is also brought on a lot by Animal Pump. It works hand in hand. When I use it, I leave the gym soaked. That is why I drinik so much during my workouts.

    Hg
  5. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    I leave the gym soaked. That is why I drinik so much during my workouts.

    Hg

    Thanks man, it was a blast. I'm going to up my water intake a little bit, see if that helps.
  6. Registered User
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    912

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Thanks man, it was a blast. I'm going to up my water intake a little bit, see if that helps.
    I also leave the gym covered in sweat and having to mop up whatever equipment behind me. I have found upping my water intake worked best for me as well. I do drop the intake back down though on off days. Let us know. You are definitely putting in some hard work when you have Disturbed ringing in your head.
  7. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    workout #2


    Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

    Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

    Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome
  8. Registered User
    Orangepeel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,760
    Rep Power
    958

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

    Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

    Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome
    send me your red pills
  9. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    send me your red pills
    You can fight my GF for them
  10. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Board Sponsor
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1175

    There gonna be any before and after pics at the end of this log? With all these great supps there should be a noticable body compisition change.
  11. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

    Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

    Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome

    If you are liking the energy without using the red stim pill that is awesome. Try it sometime with a morning workout

    As for the protein and the extra meal, that is the point bro. Torrent works well for a maintenance diet but is really best used during a bulk. During a bulk you WANT that extra meal.

    Plus did you read that thread I gave you? That 20 grams is not insufficiant for your needs post workout. There is science to it. U-rep spells it out pretty nice in that thread. If you find that you need more than what it is giving you then you are saying you need more than the likes of Evan Centopani http://www.davepalumbo.com/2007%20Ph...ages/evan6.jpg or any of the other large freaks who swear by the product as being just right.

    Not at all being a smart butt here my man. Just pointing out these things to sort of assure you that you're getting "what you need" in your Post-wo shake with the amount of Protein in the Torrent my friend. This topic has come up before for the very same reasons. It shows you put some good thought into your workout nutrition.

    Give it a good shake here and see how you do on it. I think your going to be happy with the results. If you really do still feel you need more then there is no harm in having another protein shake about 20 minutes later or so if you really don't want to throw down that next meal just yet.

    Hg
  12. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    There gonna be any before and after pics at the end of this log? With all these great supps there should be a noticable body compisition change.
    I just might put some up, I'm still like 15% BF right now so it wont be pretty, but lemme see what I can rassle up. I might just just take some now, save them till then end, then post some final pics at the same time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    If you are liking the energy without using the red stim pill that is awesome. Try it sometime with a morning workout

    Plus did you read that thread I gave you?
    I'll try the red before some cardio today, seems like it will be good stuff

    I read the Torrent articles, im just giving my opinion. This log is about honest feedback, not pandering too a certain audience. Those guys are paid to say they like the product, I'm not.
  13. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    I read the Torrent articles, im just giving my opinion. This log is about honest feedback, not pandering too a certain audience. Those guys are paid to say they like the product, I'm not.

    Touche' like I said man, I wan't being a butt at all, I was concerned it would read that way but I am only pointing out that the company has done their homework on this. Your opinion is wanted! Always. That's how we want it bro.
  14. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    No harm, no foul.
  15. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Alright, I took a picture a little bit ago so we'll have a good before/after when this is all over with.....but you'll have to wait untill then too see it.
  16. Registered User
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    912

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Alright, I took a picture a little bit ago so we'll have a good before/after when this is all over with.....but you'll have to wait untill then too see it.
    I have found pictures to be some of the best ways to gauge my progress.
  17. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Upped my water today, It helped alot. Im still using the Animal Pump minus the red pill, which my GF loves, and its treatn me awesome.

    Im updating this log late, but I had an early workout this morning. This combo of supps gave me energy for the rest of the day. Normally I'm so tired after my workouts I like to go home and sleep, but today I was alert and attentive for all my classes, I had 2 midterms and I dont think I could have been more awake for them.

    Overall I'm liking these supps, Im still wary about the protein content of Torrent, since it makes me take in an extra meal. But the Pump and Intra-Aid are freakn awesome
    Torrent was not meant to be the be-all-end-all nutrition post-workout. Most of the fellas I know (including me) take Torrent, and after that, a whole food meal within an hour or two. Intra-Aid and Pump are addicting, but for diff reasons I think... Intra-Aid, def for the taste...
  18. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Board Sponsor
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1175

    [QUOTE=futurepilot;1598136]I just might put some up, I'm still like 15% BF right now so it wont be pretty, but lemme see what I can rassle up. I might just just take some now, save them till then end, then post some final pics at the same time.



    Sounds awesome dude,can't wait. I'm really considering adding this to my massive 3month bulk log.

    Oh yeah wheres my green...lol
  19. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    I've been sick the past few days; I'm feeling better, so I should be back in to the gym tomorrow. I'll update as soon as I get done with my next workout :dl:
  20. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    workout #3


    It's a great day today so I decided to do my workout outside. Me and the gf went to my schools soccer field and did some lunges. Now if your thinking; Lunges? Bodyweight only? That pussy must be crazy! why doesn't he do some squats? Try them and get back to me.

    We lunged the long side of the field then jogged the goal side, so on and so forth, for about an hour. Then we did some side too sides along the mid field line, and finished it off by walking backwards a few laps to help stretch the hips.

    My legs are just jello right now. I tried taking the red pill today before my workout and its great for cardio, still a little too much stims for me to use during anaerobic exercises like lifting weights. Intra-aid makes such a difference in stamina its unbelievable, its like night and day versus my old workouts. Torrent tastes soooo good, It's a great treat after a hard workout to have something that you actually want to drink.
  21. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    Thumbs up


    Good stuff fp. Glad to hear you shook that bug of and are back at it. No worries on the BW lunges either, I know EXACTLY what your saying. When you do them for a long distance and a long time both together in the same workout you don't want any extra weight. Most people can't even get back up after a few sets of BW only anyway so where is the need for additional weight? I add weight when I'm in the gym and am going to be doing substantially less reps and sets of them because I'm doing other exercises too.

    The Pump is DEF~! da bomb for any workout and really does do wonder for cardio too. Same is true for the IA.

    Hg
  22. Registered User
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    912

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    It's a great day today so I decided to do my workout outside. Me and the gf went to my schools soccer field and did some lunges. Now if your thinking; Lunges? Bodyweight only? That pussy must be crazy! why doesn't he do some squats? Try them and get back to me.

    We lunged the long side of the field then jogged the goal side, so on and so forth, for about an hour. Then we did some side too sides along the mid field line, and finished it off by walking backwards a few laps to help stretch the hips.

    My legs are just jello right now. I tried taking the red pill today before my workout and its great for cardio, still a little too much stims for me to use during anaerobic exercises like lifting weights. Intra-aid makes such a difference in stamina its unbelievable, its like night and day versus my old workouts. Torrent tastes soooo good, It's a great treat after a hard workout to have something that you actually want to drink.
    You are a brave brave man doing lunges. I can't stand the lunges...they just destroy me haha. Power to you for doing that and working out with your girl. The red pill can be a little too much, its great being able to take it out if needed. I have heard of others saving up the red pills and using it as a stim much the way you did with cardio. Innovative.

    IA and Torrent are both delicious and glad to hear about the stamina help. I am always craving Torrent at the end of my workouts and it is definitely just as you described it, a treat.
  23. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    You are a brave brave man doing lunges. I can't stand the lunges...they just destroy me haha. Power to you for doing that and working out with your girl. The red pill can be a little too much, its great being able to take it out if needed. I have heard of others saving up the red pills and using it as a stim much the way you did with cardio. Innovative.

    IA and Torrent are both delicious and glad to hear about the stamina help. I am always craving Torrent at the end of my workouts and it is definitely just as you described it, a treat.
    Thanks man, i do my best. they hurt like hell if you do em right. I love being able to choose which workouts i take the stims with, thats waht made me want to try a full run of Pump instead of shock therapy.

    Oh my god is it a treat, Im kind of cutting right now, just mostly staying away from sweets/candy etc so Torrent is like my cheat meal
  24. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    workout #1


    I had a great time in the gym today. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by school so i just took it out on the weights. I took my Pump about 45 minutes beforehand, I think this is my sweet spot for timing, i could feel in kicking in as i walked over to do my first set. I just murdered some DB bench, DB incline, Pec Deck machine, cable cross overs, one arm tricep puch downs, V bar tricep puch downs, DB over head triceps, Laterals superset with upright rows for shoulder. I was knocked out by the end. Intra-Aid was the only thing that even let me do my shoulder workout.

    I was sipping my bottle as normal, switched over to just water so I could save some intra for the end, chugged the rest of the Intra, kicked up the Iron Maiden, and hit those shoulder exercises. Its amazing how you can actually feel a difference in sets. It may be just placebo, but i doubt it.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dSQ5a5K4c4"]YouTube - Iron Maiden The Nomad[/ame]
  25. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    Nice work on the chest fp.
  26. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    Thanks man.:good:
  27. Registered User
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    912

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Thanks man, i do my best. they hurt like hell if you do em right. I love being able to choose which workouts i take the stims with, thats waht made me want to try a full run of Pump instead of shock therapy.

    Oh my god is it a treat, Im kind of cutting right now, just mostly staying away from sweets/candy etc so Torrent is like my cheat meal
    Agreed. Lunges are brutal and Torrent is just like a cheat meal. It's that good. Yeah being able to take out the stims of Pump is definitely a plus. Glad you're enjoying it. Hows the semi cutting thus far?
  28. Registered User
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1285

    It's goin good actually, I think everyone will be surprised at the before and after pics if I keep progressing at this rate. :bb:
  29. Registered User
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    912

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    It's goin good actually, I think everyone will be surprised at the before and after pics if I keep progressing at this rate. :bb:
    That's great news. Keep with it FP! Looking forward to the pics!
  30. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wolf Den SF-10
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0

    Log is looking good.
    Subscribed.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
  2. Controlled Labs "Creative Picture" Contest!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 10:24 PM
  3. PROMO: The "Big Picture" Stack
    By Universal Rep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 03:47 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.