1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Smile Chub's Winter bulk with Activate Xtreme + RPM

Hi!

Ok this is my first log so well see how it goes

Weight: 182lbs

Height: 5'11"

BF: Not so sure on this one. I measured it with one of those machines you hold in your hand and it came out with 18% but I dont think its that high.

Goal: My main goal is to bulk up over the winter up until Feb. Ive been training for just over 2 years. When I first started going to the gym I was around 147lbs. Now Im at 183lbs and making some nice gains. My diet has also improved a lot along the way.

Diet:

3000 cals a day from whole foods. Clean as possible. Chicken, red meat, lots of turkey. Tuna steaks more than cans, pasta, oats, nuts, lots of fruit and veg. Other 1500 cals from whole fat milk ( half gallon a day) Gallon of water a day.

My macro breakdown is something like the following depending on what shifts Im working. On my days off (2 a week) or if Im working nights itll be number 1 mostly

1. 40p 40c 20f
    2. 30p 30c 40f
    3. 30p 40c 30f

Ill be having one cheat day a week. On these cheat days Ill be eating at work mostly anything up to 6000 cals. In general Ill be aiming for 4000-4500 everyday. I used to find it really hard to put on weight but my diet at the moment seems to be working for me. Ive cleaned it up a lot. Id be really chuffed if I managed to add 14 lbs by feb. I have to really eat a lot to make gains.

Supplements

Activate Xtreme (Dosing 2 in the am and 2 pm. for four weeks, week 5-6 five caps)
    RPM (Dosing 3x 70-80mins before workout) not sure about off days.
    Purple Wraath (during workout 2 scoops)
    Creatine Mono (20g a day spread throughout the day)
    Gut Health (before bed)

Ill be introducing Orange Triad, fish oil caps, Poseidon and NoXidant 2/3 weeks into the log as Ive not ordered them yet. I really dont want to come down with any winter flu or cold. My gf seems to get ill every year around Christmas and new year. It puts her out for 2 weeks. Hopefully I dont catch it.

Skin: Ill also be logging changes to my skin. Ive got some stretch marks starting to show on my left bicep. Also my arms and shoulders are quite spotty. Ive been using Java Lather the last couple of weeks with great success, its clearing the spots up nicely. Ill carry on using it throughout the next few months also adding flawless cream to my arms too.
    Ill be logging on the following each day.

Strength
    Sleep
    Focus
    Motivation
    Energy
    Aggression and mood
    Libido (I expect my libido will shoot up in a week or so)
    Pump and Vascularity
    Food intake

And anything else that I can think of.

Comments and suggestions welcome
    Last edited by Chub; 09-24-2008 at 07:44 PM.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 4

I started my AX on Saturday but didn't have time to start the log so I’m on day 4 now. I have some time between shifts today so i can update. No gym today as I’m working all day so I’ll speak about yesterday!

Done shoulders last night, was pretty tired. Had been travelling for quite a bit of the day but decided i would hit the gym when i got home around 8pm. I don't normally train at night so it was a change.

Strength: Good

Sleep: Got to bed quite late last night, slept like a log when i finally got there.

Focus: Not very focused, ended up speaking to one of my old mangers for a while.

Motivation: It's there. Soon as i got off the train i walked my gf home then got changed and hit the gym.

Energy: Had been eating rubbish all day since I’d been out of town. Felt quite drained so i didn't push myself too hard.

Aggression and mood: Rubbish mood all day. Done a lot of shopping with the gf and the shops were just so hot. Had a pounding sore head most of Sunday. Yesterday it wasn't too bad.

Libido: Libido has been normal

Pump and Vascularity: Good pump in my biceps nothing special.

Food intake: Was pretty unclean. Was eating on the go. It'll go down as one of my cheat days

I'm a member at a country club, it’s not a big gym but it’s got a bench and bar. Multi gym thing (jungle gym ) plenty cardio machines and free weights.

I go to another gym across the road to do my legs. They have a lot more resistance machines. They're getting in a smiths machine today so I’ll be able to start doing squats!
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Enjoy the anger and aggression that comes from this stack. By far my favorite NHA stack.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Enjoy the anger and aggression that comes from this stack. By far my favorite NHA stack.
    I intend to! Thanks for dropping by
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 5

Another day of working all day! Gym day tomorrow though. Can't wait, Im going to take my AX dose pre workout along with RPM.

Strength: N/A

Sleep: Only got 6 hours of sleep last night. Just stayed up too late. Was like a floating log most of the morning till I got some pasta in. I thought my morning shake I had would wake me up a bit..

Focus: N/A

Motivation: Cant wait to do chest tomorrow

Energy: Not bad considering I didnt get much sleep.

Aggression and mood: Quite happy today, looking forward to the gym, week is flying by!

Libido: Still normal

Pump and Vascularity: normal

Food intake: Im finding it quite hard to eat clean while working spilt shifts. Im working 11am-3pm then 5pm till 1:30am Im coming 600-1000 cals short of my target on these days. Ill chuck in a chocolate fudge cake or some onion rings just to get the cals up.
    Last edited by Chub; 09-24-2008 at 07:45 PM.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Food intake: I’m finding it quite hard to eat clean while working spilt shifts. I’m working 11am-3pm then 5pm till 1:30am I’m coming 600-1000 cals short of my target on these days. I’ll chuck in a chocolate fudge cake or some onion rings just to get the cals up.
    The only reason I eat as much as I do is because I dedicate one day out of the week to cooking all my foods, then bring it all to work with me. I seriously walk into the office every Monday with about 10#'s of chicken, 5 cans of tuna, all kinds of veggies, fruits, pre-cooked pasta, oatmeal, etc... My bag weighs like 25#'s. LOL. Then all you need is a microwave and you're good to go! Just something to think about. It sure beats getting your calories from sweets and junk food.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    The only reason I eat as much as I do is because I dedicate one day out of the week to cooking all my foods, then bring it all to work with me. I seriously walk into the office every Monday with about 10#'s of chicken, 5 cans of tuna, all kinds of veggies, fruits, pre-cooked pasta, oatmeal, etc... My bag weighs like 25#'s. LOL. Then all you need is a microwave and you're good to go! Just something to think about. It sure beats getting your calories from sweets and junk food.
    I get time in the mornings and before bed to cook for the next day. I'll do big shops to buy in all the potatos,pasta, meat etc for that week. I find if i'm cooking meat and having it a day later its quite dry. I'll have to become more inventive.

Do you mix your pasta up with anything and reheat it? I don't usually heat mine up again.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

I get time in the mornings and before bed to cook for the next day. I'll do big shops to buy in all the potatos,pasta, meat etc for that week. I find if i'm cooking meat and having it a day later its quite dry. I'll have to become more inventive.

Do you mix your pasta up with anything and reheat it? I don't usually heat mine up again.
    Yeah, meat can be a little iffy. I'm not a fan of microwaving steaks cuz they definitely dry out (and I like them nice and bloody ), but I find that as long as chicken is marinated correctly it still tastes great 5 days later. Probably helps that I grill my chicken breasts on an open fire, and keep them in plastic bags which will contain moisture.

I put my pasta in a bowl, sprinkle a little water on it (just a little), and microwave it with a paper towel over top.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Yeah, meat can be a little iffy. I'm not a fan of microwaving steaks cuz they definitely dry out (and I like them nice and bloody ), but I find that as long as chicken is marinated correctly it still tastes great 5 days later. Probably helps that I grill my chicken breasts on an open fire, and keep them in plastic bags which will contain moisture.

I put my pasta in a bowl, sprinkle a little water on it (just a little), and microwave it with a paper towel over top.
    I'll have to start marinating my turkey and steak. I normally have it pretty plain, a bit of seasoning on top and some hemp oil. I prefer taking in potatoes, they seem to stay nice and moist.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

In for another AX log......

Good luck OP.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    In for another AX log......

Good luck OP.
    Welcome aboard
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Hi!

Ok this is my first log so we’ll see how it goes…

Weight: 182lbs

Height: 5'11"

BF: Not so sure on this one. I measured it with one of those machines you hold in your hand and it came out with 18% but I don’t think it’s that high.

Goal: My main goal is to bulk up over the winter up until Feb. I’ve been training for just over 2 years. When I first started going to the gym I was around 147lbs. Now I’m at 183lbs and making some nice gains. My diet has also improved a lot along the way.

Diet:

3000 cals a day from whole foods. Clean as possible. Chicken, red meat, lots of turkey. Tuna steaks more than cans, pasta, oats, nuts, lots of fruit and veg. Other 1500 cals from whole fat milk ( half gallon a day) Gallon of water a day.

My macro breakdown is something like the following depending on what shifts I’m working. On my days off (2 a week) or if I’m working nights it’ll be number 1 mostly

1. 40p 40c 20f
    2. 30p 30c 40f
    3. 30p 40c 30f

I’ll be having one cheat day a week. On these cheat days I’ll be eating at work mostly anything up to 6000 cals. In general I’ll be aiming for 4000-4500 everyday. I used to find it really hard to put on weight but my diet at the moment seems to be working for me. I’ve cleaned it up a lot. I’d be really chuffed if I managed to add 14 lbs by feb. I have to really eat a lot to make gains.

Supplements

Activate Xtreme (Dosing 2 in the am and 2 pm. for four weeks, week 5-6 five caps)
    RPM (Dosing 3x 70-80mins before workout) not sure about off days.
    Purple Wraath (during workout 2 scoops)
    Creatine Mono (20g a day spread throughout the day)
    Gut Health (before bed)

I’ll be introducing Orange Triad, fish oil caps, Poseidon and NoXidant 2/3 weeks into the log as I’ve not ordered them yet. I really don’t want to come down with any winter flu or cold. My gf seems to get ill every year around Christmas and new year. It puts her out for 2 weeks. Hopefully I don’t catch it.

Skin: I’ll also be logging changes to my skin. I’ve got some stretch marks starting to show on my left bicep. Also my arms and shoulders are quite spotty. I’ve been using Java Lather the last couple of weeks with great success, its clearing the spots up nicely. I’ll carry on using it throughout the next few months also adding flawless cream to my arms too.
    I’ll be logging on the following each day.

Strength
    Sleep
    Focus
    Motivation
    Energy
    Aggression and mood
    Libido (I expect my libido will shoot up in a week or so)
    Pump and Vascularity
    Food intake

And anything else that I can think of.

Comments and suggestions welcome
    Looks good, Chub...Yeah, the BIA way of measuring BF is waaay out (depends on sooo many things, like hydration levels, when trained and eaten, etc.), most often by up to 10% BF!...Anyways, good luck bulking
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Looks good, Chub...Yeah, the BIA way of measuring BF is waaay out (depends on sooo many things, like hydration levels, when trained and eaten, etc.), most often by up to 10% BF!...Anyways, good luck bulking
    Thanks Glad you popped in for a look! The last month I’ve been using RPM my weight has stayed the same but it looks like i've lost some bf, not by a lot but noticeable in the mirror. I haven't been doing any cardio, maybe the odd row but not often. A little bit of swimming but nothing over the top!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 6

All the dumbbells in the gym are in kg but Ill convert them to pounds.
    DB Bench Press

55's x 8
    66s x 6
    66s x 6
    66s x 6
    66s x 6

DB Incline

55s x 8
    55s x 8
    55s x 8
    55s x 4
    55s x 3

DB flies

27.5s x 8
    27.5s x 8
    22s x 8

Cable lat pull

17.5 x 8
    20 x 6
    22.5 x 8
    20 x 8
    20 x 8

Wide grip pull-ups

3 sets of 4

So today was chest and some back. Smith Machine isnt in yet so I couldnt do squats, decided to hold off legs for the day.

Strength: Strength was up a lot today. I wouldnt say its the AX as it doesnt normally kick in for me till around week 2/3. Managed the 66lbs fine, which Im pleased about! Been struggling with them for a while but Ive finally got them. The longer I go without alcohol the higher my strength seems to be getting. Almost a month now since Ive got completely hammered which is good for me as it was every week before. I dont like touching the stuff much anymore, Id rather get a good nights sleep and be fresh for the gym in the morning.

Sleep: Had 6 hours of solid sleep. When I woke up I kept dozing off again and woke up an hour before I was suppose to be working out. Nailed a shake then got to the gym. Took my AX and RPM about 45mins beforehand. RPM normally kicks in after 80-90minutes for me.

Motivation: Always there.

Energy: Energy was good, kicked in a lot more half way through my workout. Was buzzing for up to 2 hours afterwards. Going to play with my RPM dosing times a bit. Maybe try 120mins instead of the 80mins

Aggression and mood: Happy, aggression up slightly. Been quite sarcastic all day

Libido: Still normal, not seen my gf today either

Pump and Vascularity: Good pump in my lats. Forearms are getting more vascular, some nice blue veins popping up!

Food intake: Didnt get a big breakfast as I had planned. Ate just under 4000 cals so Im happy. Had a pretty sore belly tonight but after a green tea it was fine. Quite gassy too.

Now Im off to lick some Gut Health and watch Season 8 Episode 1 of Smallville. Sooooooooooooo excited!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 7

No gym today. sat/sun/mon will be gym days

Sleep: 6 hours sleep again

Motivation: I need to stop weighing myself every day. I was down 4lbs from the last time i weighed myself 6 days ago. its up and down like a yo yo. Its annoying to see it drop. Still have the motivation, its just a kick in the nuts to see my weight go down. I'll start using the mirror more and weigh myself once every 1 or 2 weeks.

Energy: ok

Aggression and mood: Stressed and annoyed. Short staffed at work and customers are just getting on my moobs. Back into work at 5 till 11pm. Aggression been rising rapidly. Cant wait to hit the gym tomorrow.

Libido: To stressed today to think of anything like that. Its slowly raising as the day goes on.

Pump and Vascularity: Forearms same as yesterday.

Food intake: Im going to eat whatever I want today Currently munching on a curry.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W_eCIjr1Mb0&feature=re lated"]YouTube - Limp Bizkit Break Stuff Uncensored Explict[/ame]
  17. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Thanks Glad you popped in for a look! The last month Ive been using RPM my weight has stayed the same but it looks like i've lost some bf, not by a lot but noticeable in the mirror. I haven't been doing any cardio, maybe the odd row but not often. A little bit of swimming but nothing over the top!
    All good.

All the dumbbells in the gym are in kg but Ill convert them to pounds.

Sleep: Had 6 hours of solid sleep. When I woke up I kept dozing off again and woke up an hour before I was suppose to be working out. Nailed a shake then got to the gym. Took my AX and RPM about 45mins beforehand. RPM normally kicks in after 80-90minutes for me.

Conversion? LOL, you guys are funny; you like to make it seem like you're lifitng more than you are ...Yeah, RPM seems to kick in at 80-90 minutes for me, too.

Motivation: I need to stop weighing myself every day. I was down 4lbs from the last time i weighed myself 6 days ago. its up and down like a yo yo. Its annoying to see it drop. Still have the motivation, its just a kick in the nuts to see my weight go down. I'll start using the mirror more and weigh myself once every 1 or 2 weeks.

Your weight WILL fluctuate on a daily basis (and even DURING the day, if you ever take it several times, just to see what it's like at different times, etc.). The mirror is a more accurate assessment of how you are doing (as long as you know what you look like at different body composition and can notice body changes). Or going from body composition, if you can get it done...Keep it up...

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post

Conversion? LOL, you guys are funny; you like to make it seem like you're lifitng more than you are
    haha not at all! Most people around AM seem to use lbs so i thought i would too!
  19. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

haha not at all! Most people around AM seem to use lbs so i thought i would too!
    If I put stats I DO put the lb conversion in too, because for some reason most people have difficulty translating kg

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

My mum asked me today if i've stopped growing yet. They just don't understand

Arms today!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Pre workout shake

50g oats
    80g frozen cherries
    100g frozen blackberries
    3 whole eggs
    10ml Hemp oil
    little bit of pineapple juice too
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

log looks good. Hell of a stack, glad to see the RPM in there I love that friggin product. Also, let me know how the Poseidon is treating you
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 8

Today was bi's and tri's. Usually do tris with chest though. Tomorrow is shoulders and some legs!

Strength: Good strength today. Pull ups were good, nice and slow!

Sleep: Couldn't get to sleep for ages last night, no idea how long i got, maybe 5/6hours.

Focus: Focus was crappy. Need to start working out solo

Motivation: Still motivated, next two days are gym days.

Energy: Great in the morning and afternoon, crap in the evening.

Aggression and mood: Crappy mood all day. Agression high in the evening. Had to throw 3 guys out due to them being retards. First one left after walking over some seats, 2nd one threw is drink on the seat then left. The third one had already vommed on the table then squared up to me..by that point i was pretty angry so i launched him out the doors

Libido: High in the morning, nothing much in the evening.

Pump and Vascularity: Good bicep pump today. Forearms too, very veiny!

Food intake: Too much carbs in the evening for my liking, makes me feel all bloated and crappy. had a shake before work which gave me a sicky feeling.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 8 (yesterday) coming soon! and day 9 this evening! Didn't get time last night to update.

YouTube - Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 8

Shoulders last night. Didnt get time to update yesterday so Day 8 and 9 will be posted today! Missed my 2nd dose of AX yesterday as I stayed at my gfs house which I didnt plan on doing.

Seated Dumbbell Military Press

55s x 5 (PR)
    55s x 5 (PR)
    55s x 5 (PR)
    44s x 6
    44s x 6
    44s x 6

Cable upright row

27.5 x 8
    27.5 x 8
    27.5 x 8

Dumbbell Lat Row

77 x 6
    66 x 8
    66 x 8

Standing Front Dumbbell Raises

33 x 8
    33 x 8
    33 x 8

Done a resistance machine for lower back. Not sure what its called.

35 x 10
    35 x 10
    40 x 10

Back row on a resistance machine

35 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

I could probably do with revising my training program at some point. I never stick to doing the same thing each time, Ill always be mixing it up, dont stick to certain reps and sets etc.

Well pleased with breaking my personal record for seated dumbbell military press. Strength was through the roof!

Strength: Strength was great yesterday.

Sleep: Nice deep sleep.

Focus: Great focus, best workout Id had in a long time!

Motivation: Trained in the evening yesterday, usually train in the morning so it was a nice change. I was looking forward to training all day.

Energy: Kept going, finished my workout in 56minutes. Im normally there for an hour and a half which I know is too long. I need to train solo more often!

Aggression and mood: Happy. Good aggression when I was in the gym.

Libido: You have an unusually high sex drive so my gf told me last night

Pump and Vascularity: Good pump in my anterior deltoid ( I think thats what you call it!) Noticed theyre starting to grow nicely. biceps and forearms.

Food intake: had Sunday lunch at my gfs house. God knows how much I ate lol
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 9

Today was chest and some legs. Started off with a little row to get warmed up. Got bored quite quickly, after about 3minutes. Really need to get used to doing cardio for when I cut in feb/march. Feeling really drained today. Didnt do much on legs either.

DB Bench Press

55's x 8
    55s x 8
    66s x 6
    66s x 4
    55s x 6

DB Incline

55s x 5
    55s x 6

Cable cross over

10 x 12
    7.5 x 12
    7.5 x 15

Leg Press

90 x 10
    100 x 8
    110 x 8

Leg extension

40 x 10
    50 x 8
    60 x 8

Strength: Strength was ok, not as good as last night.

Sleep: Woke up once during the night. Took me awhile to get to sleep. 5 hours sleep maybe 6.

Focus: pretty rubbish

Motivation: Felt like giving the gym a miss this morning.

Energy: Drained and sleepy in the morning. Had a lie down for 5mins and woke up 30mins later.

Aggression and mood: Aggression was there. Getting annoyed at the smallest things, snapping. Working well for me when I get to the gym. Just feel crappy today. I need more sleep.

Libido: Nothing today so far

Pump and Vascularity: Wrists are getting really veiny

Food intake: Done some food shopping today. Munching on a subway at the moment. Drank a lot of water today, Im peeing every 30minutes!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 10

No gym today, working most of the day.

Sleep: 5/6hours

Motivation: Work and more work

Energy: Drained in the morning, legs felt like lead.

Aggression and mood: Grumpy

Libido: High tonight.

Pump and Vascularity: Normal.

Food intake: just over 3,500 today.

Arms tomorrow
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Day 11

So i never go round to going to the gym. Over slept and got around 10 hours sleep that day. Had a nap in the afternoon, felt like crap and drained all day.

Sleep: To much!

Motivation: None

Energy: None

Aggression and mood: Aggression high,Crappy mood

Libido: high

Pump and Vascularity: nothing new

Food intake: CRAP!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Ok so yesterday is out of the way. Back on track today. Arms tonight, working 12-6 then straight to the gym. Chest tomorrow and shoulders sat night.

Ordered my basket full from NP. It was shipped yesterday so should come this time next week! None java in stock I'd been waiting for the fish oils to come back in stock before ordering, then waited till i was paid and there was no java left by that tiem. Got some flawless in the basket though
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Just my luck! Java jumbo bar back in stock today
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: Activate Xtreme, Lean Xtreme and 11OXO (Muscle Builders)
    By spiderduncan in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 11:45 AM
  2. Chubs Epic Bulk with NeoVar Recomped and RPM.
    By Chub in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 09:41 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
  4. X Factor Bulk + Activate Xtreme for an EXTREME BULK
    By MuscleWorker in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM