NAC reduces urge to gamble.

  1. Registered User
    reidhoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    77
    Answers
    0

  2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0


    I would bet that report it wrong.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. Registered User
    CustomNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    252
    Answers
    0


    whats the spread
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,700
    Answers
    0


    It doesn't reduce my urge to buy supplements.
  5. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0


    *chuckle* @ you guys
  6. Registered User
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,081
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    It doesn't reduce my urge to buy supplements.
    That's a good idea for a supplement.


    NO-Supplement (NO-S)

    "The new breakthrough from Anabolic Innovations. Works so well you won't even want to buy anymore NO-S. But don't worry, Crowler will come to your house and threaten your life if you don't, garanteed!"

    "Reduce urge to buy supplements!"

    "Mind blowing monetary discipline!"

    "Skin ripping insane portfolio balancing!"

    "Orgamic mind altering saving ettiquette!"
  7. Registered User
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    That's a good idea for a supplement.


    NO-Supplement (NO-S)

    "The new breakthrough from Anabolic Innovations. Works so well you won't even want to buy anymore NO-S. But don't worry, Crowler will come to your house and threaten your life if you don't, garanteed!"

    "Reduce urge to buy supplements!"

    "Mind blowing monetary discipline!"

    "Skin ripping insane portfolio balancing!"

    "Orgamic mind altering saving ettiquette!"
    I'd buy it.
  8. Registered User
    Rogue Drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,226
    Answers
    0


    Here's the Mechanics - NAC stimulates Glutamate, which stimulates Dopamine, the reward chemical, both directly and by reducing GABA.

    By itself, NAC won't cure addictions (Gambling/Nicotine/Stims/Sex, etc.) but it's a good addition to further the effects of a Dopamine/NE Treatment Protocol.

    NAC has a half life of 6.25 hours, dose at 0.6 gms or more, 3 -4X Daily.

    This is a part, a small part, of how I got my brother in law off Meth, successfully, so far, after 3 months back in the Temptation World - Wellbutrin and Deprenyl and Modafinil and NAC and L-Phenyl 10 days beforehand for a baseline buildup, then he and I in a cabin in Montana,(Northern Garfield County) toughing it out with day hikes for 16 days on Coffee and Syntrax Nectar and Maltodextrin, and putting his manic ass to sleep with a half speed palm heel strike/push, Xanax and double shots of Jim Beam.

    Tough Love, the Chemical Adapt and Nature Way.

    I could have sliced him,tempted I was at times, left him to odor for Griz to chow on - Call me Humane, he never was aware that I was ranging back on one that was sloppy trailing our six on most days out and looking for a lazy meal.
  9. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,700
    Answers
    0


    I have a brother-in-law(twice rehabbed tweaker) who'd make a good meal for your griz friend.

    But I'll try the NAC first.
  10. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0


    Slightly different version of the article:

    September 17, 2007

    Don't gamble with NAC

    The September 15, 2007 issue of the journal Biological Psychiatry published the results of a pilot study conducted by Jon E. Grant, MD and colleagues at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis that consuming the amino acid N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) reduces the urge to gamble in individuals with gambling addictions, and may help reduce other addictions.

    Fifteen men and twelve women treated for pathological gambling as determined by the Yale Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale Modified for Pathological Gambling (PG-YBOCS) were given increasing doses of N-acetyl cysteine for eight weeks. At the end of the treatment period, average test scores had improved, with 16 of the participants classified as responders to the therapy. While three of the responders did not wish to risk discontinuing NAC, 13 entered a double-blind phase of the research, in which one group of subjects received N-acetyl-cysteine and the remainder received a placebo for six weeks. Eighty-three percent of those who received NAC responded favorably, compared with only 28.6 of those assigned to the placebo.

    N-acetyl cysteine's effect on glutamate, which is frequently associated in the brain with reward, is likely to be the amino acid's mechanism of action in helping to control addiction. Similar studies with NAC have found positive effects against drug addictions in animals.

    “It looks very promising,” stated Dr Grant, who is an associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Minnesota School of Medicine. “We were able to reduce people’s urges to gamble.”

    Dr Grant is currently investigating NAC in methamphetamine users. “This research could be encouraging for a lot of addictions,” he said.
  11. Registered User
    Zavijava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    Something to think about before buying NAC:

    http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/N_..._thought.shtml
  12. Registered User
    Redeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    192
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Zavijava View Post
    Something to think about before buying NAC:

    http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/N_..._thought.shtml
    That is interesting, but I think the health benefits, especially when using it to mitigate against damage from exogenous compounds outweigh the potential risk.
  13. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Zavijava View Post
    Something to think about before buying NAC:

    http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/N_..._thought.shtml
    Now that's interesting. Something to think about.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    Here's the Mechanics - NAC stimulates Glutamate, which stimulates Dopamine, the reward chemical, both directly and by reducing GABA.

    By itself, NAC won't cure addictions (Gambling/Nicotine/Stims/Sex, etc.) but it's a good addition to further the effects of a Dopamine/NE Treatment Protocol.

    NAC has a half life of 6.25 hours, dose at 0.6 gms or more, 3 -4X Daily.

    This is a part, a small part, of how I got my brother in law off Meth, successfully, so far, after 3 months back in the Temptation World - Wellbutrin and Deprenyl and Modafinil and NAC and L-Phenyl 10 days beforehand for a baseline buildup, then he and I in a cabin in Montana,(Northern Garfield County) toughing it out with day hikes for 16 days on Coffee and Syntrax Nectar and Maltodextrin, and putting his manic ass to sleep with a half speed palm heel strike/push, Xanax and double shots of Jim Beam.

    Tough Love, the Chemical Adapt and Nature Way.

    I could have sliced him,tempted I was at times, left him to odor for Griz to chow on - Call me Humane, he never was aware that I was ranging back on one that was sloppy trailing our six on most days out and looking for a lazy meal.

    Did you actually write that?^
  15. Registered User
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,233
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Zavijava View Post
    Something to think about before buying NAC:

    http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/N_..._thought.shtml
    This is really interesting and something that I have never heard of. I would like to know what the dosages administered where.

    NAC has done nothing to curb my gambling appetite.
  16. Registered User
    g29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    110
    Answers
    0


    Very interesting!! Ive also heard that it reduces cocaine cravings. If it reduces the urge to gamble,I should probably take it before I go to Vegas next month.
  17. Registered User
    g29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    110
    Answers
    0


    Nothing puts me to sleep like a half-speed palm heel strike. Chamomile tea is for wussies.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. From Reduce XT to IL 11-KT
    By The Engineer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 03:39 PM
  2. Feeding Your Muscles vs Reducing Calories to Cut? - Confused
    By VolleyballNut in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 09:05 PM
  3. PH/DS/AAS reduce ability to gain naturally later on
    By BaDgErFaN in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
  4. When to dose samE and NAC w/respect to DS
    By bignative22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
  5. NAC reduces cocaine cravings
    By the Cardinal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in