Tendonitis,ligaments and cycles. help please

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Well lets just say that I am pretty beat up, thank the Marine Corps for that. I have a partially torn ligament in my ankle (no biggie) and tendonitis (educated guess) in both my shoulders and right elbow (connecting to tricep). So, I know that juice dries you out in the joint depatment and does just about nothing for building connective tissues. So, am I cool to run a cycle of epi/havoc and what would help me keep from injuring myself period, if not worse. I ask this because I dont wanna get to jacked up.

krogtaar

Awards
you sound like me dood...i have about 8 different tendonitisis depending on the day. glucosamine/chondroitin/msm dont do jack

2 things id reco trying are animal flex and cissus. and definately mega dose fish oil. either way try and get it pretty well cleared up before going on a cycle of those...speaking from experience, nagging minor tendonitis blows da f up on a cycle of havoc

also try different programs of rep ranges and time off between same bodypart...a lot of opinions differ, but generally people say high reps with lower weights will help improve tendon health...I'm trying like HST but one workout every 5 days and 10+ sets per day per muscle group

work your way to heavy weights slowly

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Well im not a n00b lifter, but i do have some nagging injuries. I DONT KNOW HOW NOT TO LIFT LIGHT! I fukkin hate reppin it out. There must be another way...........................

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
bump...........

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Well lets just say that I am pretty beat up, thank the Marine Corps for that. I have a partially torn ligament in my ankle (no biggie) and tendonitis (educated guess) in both my shoulders and right elbow (connecting to tricep). So, I know that juice dries you out in the joint depatment and does just about nothing for building connective tissues. So, am I cool to run a cycle of epi/havoc and what would help me keep from injuring myself period, if not worse. I ask this because I dont wanna get to jacked up.
Dood come on now.....don't be doing anabolics if you're injured. And IMO, a "partially torn ligament in my ankle" is far from "no biggie". All you're going to do with anabolics (especially an Epi/Havoc) is lift more and really jack yourself up. Just heal it up and hit it when you're 100%. No sense is causing longer-term damage and having to throw in the towel for months.

I'd do very light weight, high reps, and stretch and take cissus.

-Papa!-

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
i understand to concern. The tendonitis in my shoulder has been nagging me since..........years. Throwing injuries are mother****ers. The ankle is from kicking the sh!t out of some guy (literally) and is pretty much healed. i'd say 85%. The way its gone i dont think i'll ever get to 100% from that.

x-t

Awards
I'm 33 and have had both golfers and tennis elbow in both arms. I've only been lifting for about 3 years and I contribute the injurys to poor form and being an idiot when i first started lifting. Pain finally got so bad I went to the PT and they did the little shock treatment on them and I took about 3 weeks off, it helped some. I finally saved up enough cash and bought one of the ultrasound tennis elbow systems, while others may laugh, it worked for me. I'm now 100% pain free in both elbows.

merph

merph

Awards
I hate to sound like a broken record but check with you doc. I say this so if something goes wrong you can't say no body warned you lol. But in all seriousness how bad is your condition? Pappa brings up a good point. A partially torn ligament is a big deal especially if it goes to a fully torn ligament.

I am learning from experience on the fact it is a hell of alot better to pay your doctor for him to say its no big deal all you got to do is yadda yadda and the bs speech about how anabolics and supplements are bad for you than it is to be a cheap ass and have something major go wrong. Ex the ligament fully tearing during a squat.

Will this be your first cycle?

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Well i injured the ankle about 9 months ago. Like i said before, its one of those injuries that will likely never be 100%. I dont mean to sound like a knucklehead who doesnt care about his health, when i say "no biggie" i mean it in a way that it's a very small tear. Just a good sprain. I can't feel it unless i cut real hard or run on hard surfaces for long periods of time. (impact sucks). Lifting has never been a problem. I will wait a bit to run a cycle. The tendonitis is a on/off thing. More aggravating that serious. If anyone has any more suggestions on keeping down tendonitis flare ups, it would help alot. Thanks, Tha O

krogtaar

Awards
I'm 33 and have had both golfers and tennis elbow in both arms. I've only been lifting for about 3 years and I contribute the injurys to poor form and being an idiot when i first started lifting. Pain finally got so bad I went to the PT and they did the little shock treatment on them and I took about 3 weeks off, it helped some. I finally saved up enough cash and bought one of the ultrasound tennis elbow systems, while others may laugh, it worked for me. I'm now 100% pain free in both elbows.
could you post or pm me your routine and the device you purchased? I have golfers and tennis elbow...and the usual cause is supposed to be a strength imbalance...but what kind of imbalance leads to both?

thanks

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
yeah i'd like to know too. May be the same problem

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Bandwagon jump - on a simple 2 week Havoc blast I injured my shoulder in a way that will probably never completely heal. I'm only 28. Be careful because your lifts go up so fast.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

I have Achilles tendinitis in both my legs/ankles, think that kinda ultrasound system would get me squatting and running again? I have been down with it for about 6 months....

I know not use to us a PH when you have tendinitis because it pulls your muscles extremely tight, further irritating the inflamed tendon, hten with the increased workload you can pull off...more injuries can happen.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
ok ..... many things to cover.

first thing you need to do is go see your doc and make sure nothing is torn/partially torn in your ankle like merph said.

everyone has said low weight high reps, and this could not be more wrong. i agree you should not use heavy weights but, i am a personal trainer and have seen first hand, had alot of experience, and read several medical journals on the negative effects of using high reps with aggravated joints/ligaments/tendons. if you have an aggravated joint you do not want to ever use a rep range over 15. the reason being, the more reps you perform the more it aggravates it (yes, even with light weights). if you continue to use high reps on injured joints you will keep the joint inflamed and it will never heal. i suggest using moderate weight with a rep range of 10-12, and no more than 9 sets per body part resting 1 full minute between sets. this may seem like not enough but remember a good "pump" or being sore the next day is not a good indicator of a good work out, heres a good training split for your condition.

day one- chest/abs
day two- quads
day three- rest
day four- back/traps
day five- hams/abs

im sure you noticed very quickly there are no arm or shoulder days. use compound movements with very strict and good form (no cheating or body language) on your chest and back days and your bis and tris will get the work they need (working with the chest and back is what they are intended to do in the first place). the shoulders will get plenty of work as well from the compound movements. this split gives your shoulders plenty of rest throughout the week, so they will have adequate time to recover/heal and not get inflamed. also (if your ligament in your ankle is not torn) do 25 min of cardio on an elliptical machine (it is low impact on your ankle) rite after each work out. this will obviously help burn calories but, it will also get some good blood flow to your joints and help inflammation go down faster.

sorry this is so long, but i hate seeing people further injuries when they think they are doing good and just don't know any better. plus you don't want to have jacked up shoulders and elbows this young, that stuff is suppose to happen to old people. haha

now, as far as supplements go.
animal flex is a great product for helping keep your joints lubed like krogtaar said.
im sure you are expecting me to tell you to stay away from anabolics, but if you really want to use something, no matter what anyone tells you, you are still proli going to do it. i have heard havoc/epi, halodrol, superdrol, and orastan-a (and all the clones of these) are harsh on joints. not sure about the others.
if you were going to use anabolics i would go with a low dose of test enanthate or cypionate 250 mg a week, stacked with deca ran at 100 mg a week. test enan and cyp are know for strength and size gains, alot of the size is due to the water retention, this will help keep joints lubed. deca stores water in connective tissues and increases collagen synthesis and bone mineral content, this will help significantly with your joint troubles. 100 mg a week of deca will not be enough to see big size gains, but you will enjoy strength, and moderate size gains and in the long run it will make you much stronger after it heals your joints and you can get back to heavy lifting.

run the test weeks 1-12 and the deca weeks 1-10. at the beginning of week 14 (two weeks after last test shot) start PCT
nolva ran at 40/20/20/10 (weeks 14-17) mg ed

i know this is alot of info, but if you listen to me and stick to it you will be thanking me.

best of luck

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
dood, thats some great advise, no sh!t. Thanks alot. Well, im not going to f myself over for bigger muscles. Im content with my size and strength now, but of course i want to get alot bigger amd stronger. But there is no point on injuring myself beyond recognition. It's gonna be hard to find quality Deca to pin, but i'll keep my eyes out. anything else anabolic wise. may be able to find others.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Just did a chest day today on a 5x5 routine. Went heavy and shoulder started tweaking. Dropped down about 90 lbs and did 12 reps. Almost worse than goin heavy actually. Still got a decent workout, i kept the sets high with little trouble. I think im gonna get robot shoulders and ankle. It's a risky procedure but it's totally worth it!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Anyone got a PH/PS/DS to help with joints/ligaments. Does Deca have a PH? I think there is but icant remember the name. What about Boldenone?

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
the high reps hurt because you tried to go heavy first.
there is no deca ph/ps/ds.
there is plenty of quality deca out there you just have to know where to look. try to find a good domestic source.
i haven't seen any info or studies on prohormones that help with joints/ligaments. if you can't find any test or deca i would just stay away from everything else.

go with the robot surgery!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
haha. The robot legs are a little more expensive than gear, though. So here's my thoughts, im gonna hold on the havoc for a while, at least to where i get my tendonitis and ankle into a acceptable condition. So for the time being im gonna try to cut hard. Dont exactly have the fastest metabolism and got some pretty stubborn gut fat. I can feel a six pack under there i swear, haha. Im about 18% bodyfat and have an ok cardio routine. I thought about running through some clen, but i refuse to mess with T3/T4, dont wanna jack up the old thyroid. Sounds like a good way to screw yourself over (like gear is much better). I have a good workout program but i seem to not lose much bodyfat. Diet is ok, no fast food and no coke. eat alot of pretty healthy food. Also thought about 11-oxo, but cutting down cortisone sounds like a bad idea while trying to heal. Right now im taking--
Cgt-10
Whey Protien
Multivitamin
Flax
Fishoil

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Hit up the IGF/GH section dood. A few guys using these compounds to heal connective tissue injuries. DEFINITELY worth your time reading up. Pumberton just got 1 (2?) tendons put in (cadaver) and is using IGF-1 to speed the healing process. He's a VERY VERY VERY intelligent dood and knows his IGF. Also, DatBlue is mad intelligent there too. Take a look around, I think you'll be very intrigued bruddah!

Also, how much flax/fish oils are you taking ED? FYI: I take ~12g ED.
-Papa!-

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Actually i was looking into IGF for my lab rats and found some research chemicals, but reading into it more I heard that you should not buy igf in liquid form because it will be well uhhh...... dead i guess. Um not sure about amount of fish/flax. I'll find out.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Actually i was looking into IGF for my lab rats and found some research chemicals, but reading into it more I heard that you should not buy igf in liquid form because it will be well uhhh...... dead i guess. Um not sure about amount of fish/flax. I'll find out.
Well, not sure about whether or not IGF will be "dead" if supplied in liquid form, but I think you should stick with lyophilized IGF-1. Be prepared to make your own 0.6% acetic acid solution for reconstitution. I can def. help your research in this department. Just hit me up sold-juh!

Please read Grunt's sticky in the IGF section too!

I have read that IGF is better suited for muscle tissue repair than connective tissue (CT). For CT repair, I have read that GH is the way to go. Please read up heavily on this as I am not the guru on which to choose. :)

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the advice on NOT cycling while you have tendonitis. On cycle you will build muscle faster than tendon so you'll 1) put extra stress on the tendons and likely wind up making things worse 2) you'll get more out of a cycle if you have all of your ducks in a row before you start (tendons and ligments healed as well as possible)

Here's what has worked for me over the years: scroll to frame #27.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/98932-uber-tendon-pain.html

The tendonitis really is caused by improper training and nutrition; you need to get that down first. Steriods/PH are really no cure for tendonitis.