Good Idea and Bad Idea Steroids for Pulsing

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To pulse or not to pulse...that is the question. The answer tends to be very dependant on the steroid you are intending to pulse.

Bad Idea: A bad choice is typically any steroid that will cause HTPA suppression too quickly. These puppies will cause shutdown very quickly, and there is a good chance your off days will be spent in attempt to recover androgen levels.

Base Injection: Base injection refers to injecting a steroid without an ester attached to it such as Test Base or Tren Base.

Transdermal Steroids: Believe it or not, transdermals will likely shut you down the hardest out of all of these. Reason being that with an injection or oral steroid, you create a 'spike' in hormone levels. Once the serum levels peak, your body can start to recover. When using a transdermal base, there is no peak: serum levels hit a point and stay fairly constant for a prolonged period of time. This allots less time to recover and more time to continue shutting you down.

Methyltest: Very liver toxic. HTPA suppression comes very quickly with this as well.

Metribolone (Methyltren): This is the most toxic steroid in the history of steroids. This stuff makes M1T look like a can of 'alcohol-free' beer. Not only will it cause fast suppression, but liver toxicity will not be hindered enough to make it safe.

M1T (Methyl-1-Test)*:This will cause shutdown too quickly to be used for a pulsed cycle; however, it could be effectively pulsed to 'kick start' an injectable cycle if you want to use the anabolic effects of M1T and lessen the liver toxicity to a small degree.

Good Idea

Epistane: This is probably the best one to pulse (in thesinner's opinion). Reason being that it blocks ER's and aromatase in addition to it's anabolic effect. This causes your body to "think" you don't have any estrogen, and so it will create more endogeneous androgens (i.e. natural testosterone) in order to make up for this false deficit.

Methyl-4-Hydroxy-Nandrolone (M4OHN): This seems to be one of Dr. D's favorites. This is great because it's very mild, causes very little suppression, and very clean. Don't let the methyl confuse you, this is very light on liver values.

Dianabol (Methandrostenolone): This was the steroid from which the pulsing concept was born. Effective enough to give an anabolic effect without causing too much shutdown. It's ability to block glucurcortoid receptors helps against suppression.

Superdrol*: This is a great choice because it's effective enough to cause for gains, mild enough not to shut you down too hard, and dirty enough that pulsing will help minimize sides.
An important thing to note is what you are using. Not all superdrol clones were created equally. This compound is commonly synthesized from Oxymetholone, which is a nasty nasty little fella. It may not be wise to just get the cheapest clone you can find on this guy. Anabolic Xtreme's Superdrol and Genetic S.D have both been validated by Dr. D as being 'good' makes of the compound.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
To pulse or not to pulse...that is the question. The answer tends to be very dependant on the steroid you are intending to pulse.

Bad Idea: A bad choice is typically any steroid that will cause HTPA suppression too quickly. These puppies will cause shutdown very quickly, and there is a good chance your off days will be spent in attempt to recover androgen levels.

Base Injection: Base injection refers to injecting a steroid without an ester attached to it such as Test Base or Tren Base.

Transdermal Steroids: Believe it or not, transdermals will likely shut you down the hardest out of all of these. Reason being that with an injection or oral steroid, you create a 'spike' in hormone levels. Once the serum levels peak, your body can start to recover. When using a transdermal base, there is no peak: serum levels hit a point and stay fairly constant for a prolonged period of time. This allots less time to recover and more time to continue shutting you down.

Methyltest: Very liver toxic. HTPA suppression comes very quickly with this as well.

Metribolone (Methyltren): This is the most toxic steroid in the history of steroids. This stuff makes M1T look like a can of 'alcohol-free' beer. Not only will it cause fast suppression, but liver toxicity will not be hindered enough to make it safe.

M1T (Methyl-1-Test)*:This will cause shutdown too quickly to be used for a pulsed cycle; however, it could be effectively pulsed to 'kick start' an injectable cycle if you want to use the anabolic effects of M1T and lessen the liver toxicity to a small degree.

Good Idea

Epistane: This is probably the best one to pulse (in thesinner's opinion). Reason being that it blocks ER's and aromatase in addition to it's anabolic effect. This causes your body to "think" you don't have any estrogen, and so it will create more endogeneous androgens (i.e. natural testosterone) in order to make up for this false deficit.

Methyl-4-Hydroxy-Nandrolone (M4OHN): This seems to be one of Dr. D's favorites. This is great because it's very mild, causes very little suppression, and very clean. Don't let the methyl confuse you, this is very light on liver values.

Dianabol (Methandrostenolone): This was the steroid from which the pulsing concept was born. Effective enough to give an anabolic effect without causing too much shutdown. It's ability to block glucurcortoid receptors helps against suppression.

Superdrol*: This is a great choice because it's effective enough to cause for gains, mild enough not to shut you down too hard, and dirty enough that pulsing will help minimize sides.
An important thing to note is what you are using. Not all superdrol clones were created equally. This compound is commonly synthesized from Oxymetholone, which is a nasty nasty little fella. It may not be wise to just get the cheapest clone you can find on this guy. Anabolic Xtreme's Superdrol and Genetic S.D have both been validated by Dr. D as being 'good' makes of the compound.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thesinner again.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still on the fence on this one in a pulse. I just wonder whether the estrogen effects cause a rebound in estrogen as well on off days. No fears on a regular cycle tho. Its just in looking around it seems that "sensitive nipples" crop up in pulses of epistane far more commonly than in regular cycles.

What about progestin based? Max LMG / X-mass / Revolt and the others?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still on the fence on this one in a pulse. I just wonder whether the estrogen effects cause a rebound in estrogen as well on off days. No fears on a regular cycle tho. Its just in looking around it seems that "sensitive nipples" crop up in pulses of epistane far more commonly than in regular cycles.

Aromatase enzyme levels recover slowly so I don't think you would have a wicked rebound after one day of use.

I wanna say nandrolone is a progestin, so M4OHN would be one. The "good ideas" for a pulse were given to my by Dr. D. The ones on the list are ones where the ends will more than justify the means. The ones on the list are effective enough to still get a benefit even if you're not taking them every day, and mild enough where you're not shut down for your 'off' days.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I'm actually on the fence about SD, but wouldn't say yay or nay either way.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The whole concept of pulsing is somewhat controversial. My main reason for posting this was to point out the "bad idea" compounds.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally don't like the pulse method. Just gives noobs an excuse to run a cycle and not get "shut down." But then again you can make slow steady gains over a longer period of time. But then again you can just do injectables, the better option.
i agree. I would also have to disagree with superdrol being a good choice.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Nice thread sinner! :thumbsup:

If you could update your original post in the future with more compounds that would be nice. :)

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Just run AI ED, that should keep estrogen level in check.

I'd like to know this as well.

Link24

Awards
  • Established

Bump to this???

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest, I'm not sure I see much benefit in pulsing max lmg.

If you are trying to formulate a pulse in attempt to minimize the water-retention side effects, I'd recommend a compound that doesn't bind to progesterone receptors.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why pulse MOHN? That seems a little odd to me since it takes a while for it to "kick in."

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why pulse MOHN? That seems a little odd to me since it takes a while for it to "kick in."
With MOHN, the benefit would be to avoid having to do any sort of post cycle therapy. If I remember correctly, it is a very mild compound. Little shutdown, and very mild on liver profiles (for a methyl).

I was not aware it had a "kick in" time (methyls tend to metabolize rather quickly); although, from my experience in pulsing superdrol, the pulse will only minimize these effects.......they will still be there and you'll still notice them.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Whar kind of dosage of MOHN would be needed to pulse it?? Its so mild and effects are so slow, I'd imagine pulsing would need a pretty high end dose?

Any opinions on Phera? I'd think it would be better than SD on a pulse.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Whar kind of dosage of MOHN would be needed to pulse it?? Its so mild and effects are so slow, I'd imagine pulsing would need a pretty high end dose?

I thought that was the point of pulsing...using higher the dose on dose days that would by the end of each week still come out to about the same amount of compound taken each week if taken ED at "normal" dose...yet being able to recover EOD and the 2 consecutive days...?

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Is MOHN in any hormonal supplements you can buy from bb etailers? Or is it banned/black market?

What is your opinion on phera pulsed

Also what are the half life and hormonal response lengths of phera and SD. Can you compare them? Would SD be considered shorer duration therefore more applicable to pulsing?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you had experience with a pulse Sin-swiggity? I'm trying to gauge its effectiveness from trustworthy cats.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is MOHN in any hormonal supplements you can buy from bb etailers? Or is it banned/black market?

What is your opinion on phera pulsed

Also what are the half life and hormonal response lengths of phera and SD. Can you compare them? Would SD be considered shorer duration therefore more applicable to pulsing?
MOHN is gone, unfortunately, but there is no true answer to the T 1/2 of the new orals because they haven't been studied enough.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I thought that was the point of pulsing...using higher the dose on dose days that would by the end of each week still come out to about the same amount of compound taken each week if taken ED at "normal" dose...yet being able to recover EOD and the 2 consecutive days...?
Oh, you're right on there, just that MOHN is SOOO weak, I just don't see it as a real good option to pulse, and its mild on the sides, so why pulse?

If pulsing is supposed to be used to reduce sides and HPTA issues, I just think it should be done with a more potent hormone.

MOHN can just be run straight through and still avoid most sides.

I guess that was my point.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, you're right on there, just that MOHN is SOOO weak, I just don't see it as a real good option to pulse, and its mild on the sides, so why pulse?

If pulsing is supposed to be used to reduce sides and HPTA issues, I just think it should be done with a more potent hormone.

That's exactly what I was thinking. 1T+MOHN was one of my favorite lean bulking cycles, plus the MOHN helped to alleviate much of the lethargy.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
MOHN is gone, unfortunately, but there is no true answer to the T 1/2 of the new orals because they haven't been studied enough.
MOAN! Damn I was late to that party.

I suspected as much on the half life of the new orals. Hmm what if I put it like this: Would an oral with a short duration of action be more suited to pulsing.

"Transdermal Steroids: When using a transdermal base, there is no peak: serum levels hit a point and stay fairly constant for a prolonged period of time."

Is this true? Can anyone help me with studies demonstrating a steady response rather than a peak in transdermals?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dosing on a pulse needs to be a little higher than with normal usage. As the name inplies, you're trying to go for small bursts of "anabolicness". You want to get a higher peak concentration to maximize activation of AR's, but with the days off, you'll be giving your body time to clear the steroid and recover.

I'm not sure what all would need to be done with MOHN, as I've never used this compound. This was recommended to me by Dr.D as a compound worth pulsing.

Phera seems to be a fairly popular one. One thing I've noticed is that some people respond very well to pheraplex, while others it seems to do jack, so there's some user disgression involved with this.

The two big ones for pulsing are Dbol and Epistane.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established

Guess if it's that weak then I'd have to agree...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you had experience with a pulse Sin-swiggity? I'm trying to gauge its effectiveness from trustworthy cats.
I did an "on-cycle pulse" last fall. I took superdrol 4x per week, while using 1-T and TRN continuously. The point was to minimize the sides from superdrol (lethargy, back pumps, etc.). The sides didn't become noticeable until week 5 (6 week cycle), and were pretty mild when they set in.

I don't know if I'll ever do a "true" pulsed cycle, as a full out cycle will yield greater total gains, and I really don't mind PCT.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did an "on-cycle pulse" last fall. I took superdrol 4x per week, while using 1-T and TRN continuously. The point was to minimize the sides from superdrol (lethargy, back pumps, etc.). The sides didn't become noticeable until week 5 (6 week cycle), and were pretty mild when they set in.

I don't know if I'll ever do a "true" pulsed cycle, as a full out cycle will yield greater total gains, and I really don't mind PCT.
What is/was your subjective opinions in terms of shutdown?

Well, scratch that, I see you were using TRN/1-T continuously.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established

Man, I have 2 unopened bottles of the original AX's Pheraplex, and im just really itching to use this stuff. I am still researching and reading about pulsing PP or not. Just not sure yet. My workouts and diet are on point, and have made some killer gains on just using supps like drive, igf-2, etc....nothing crazy.

Anyone with opinions on pulsing PP?

THANKS
:squat:

Link24

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, I'm not sure I see much benefit in pulsing max lmg.

If you are trying to formulate a pulse in attempt to minimize the water-retention side effects, I'd recommend a compound that doesn't bind to progesterone receptors.
I guess i will just run the MaxLMG straight and pulse the superdrol 3-4 times a week. Wish there were more max lmg logs as i am still unclear what to expect, some say it was soaking wet while some say it was dry with recomp effects.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I guess i will just run the MaxLMG straight and pulse the superdrol 3-4 times a week. Wish there were more max lmg logs as i am still unclear what to expect, some say it was soaking wet while some say it was dry with recomp effects.
You can be one to let us know how it goes and add to the scarce info ;)

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I was trying to find a log where someone ran max lmg and superdrol together. I only found one it has before and after pictures that a pretty decent results. The only problem was he was doing a cut as opposed to doing a bulk so i dont know. Still the guy had some pretty good results so im sure it will work out fine. Still on the edge on if i should pulse the superdrol or just run it straight with maxlmg.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I have 2 unopened bottles of the original AX's Pheraplex, and im just really itching to use this stuff. I am still researching and reading about pulsing PP or not. Just not sure yet. My workouts and diet are on point, and have made some killer gains on just using supps like drive, igf-2, etc....nothing crazy.

Anyone with opinions on pulsing PP?

THANKS
:squat:
well imo, PP is horrible for a pulse. Youll never get the full effects of it because it seems like a compound where you get cumunilative results as opposed to immediate results that you would want with a pulsing compound. Some people have pulsed Phera here so just look but from the ones i have seen the user was not satisfied with gains. PP needs to be run straight thru imo.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
besides gyno which is a nasty bugger of a side PP was very very kind to me in the mass/strength department. IF it wasn't for the little pebble under my left nip i don't think i'd ever bother with any other PH other then PP..to top it off libido was insanely high to the point where it was kinda annoying. I'd be running it straight through.