To Pulse Or Not To Pulse.. Share Your Reasons

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

This thread is about :

Why would you pulse orals ?
Or
Why would you not pulse orals?

:afro: Share your reason(s) of your choice..after all the reading and/or experience you have been through:afro:

Let this be a very informative thread for the AM'ers:study:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not too pulse. Cause I like my gains fast just like my women and my food. lol

In all seriousness I have only ran one oral cycle. And since it was my first I wanted to see what the gains were like.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
there is one great reason to pulse.

lets say pulsing works out for you, the biggest benefit woul be avoiding shutdown and therefor avoiding any major pct cycle. also this will allow you to run it longer.

so if you are patient, go pulse :)

ill be reporting on my own findings soooon

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
there is one great reason to pulse.

lets say pulsing works out for you, the biggest benefit woul be avoiding shutdown and therefor avoiding any major post cycle therapy cycle. also this will allow you to run it longer.

so if you are patient, go pulse :)

ill be reporting on my own findings soooon
looking forward to your results/findings:afro:

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
To Pulse. With the relatively low availability of injectable gear to many users it is nearly impossible to run a long cycle. Pulsing offers many benefits over regular cycling with orals.
1) Longer cycle length---with short cycles if you get sick for a week or your eating, rest etc. is not spot on it can seriousely screw with your gains. with pulsing, cycles can be as long as injectable cycles so you get maintainable gains and if you have a crappy week its not going to completely **** you over.
2) Low risk of hepatoxicity--- only taking orals 3 times a week gives your liver enough time to basically fully recover from any damage.
3) Very low suppression--- with the design of most of the next gen orals, when pulsed, suppression is virtually non-existant.... in my personal experience I notice a stimulation of libido and testicular fullness while pulsing.
4) less risk of injury---since most of the next gen orals are very potent, strength gains can often dwarf the gains in tendon stregth. Since pulsing is a slower approach, you experience less tendon and joint pain.
5) you feel "on" from about week 3 forward.... not just on the administration days. When I pulse, I feel the on feeling all of the time.
6) more economical--- basically zero support supps and very minimal if any PCT. Support supps and PCT dwarf the cost of orals.

there are many more advantages, but I think you get the point. Its slower, but its steadier. None of this up and down crap. gains are slower, but they stick after the cycle. A lot of people loose a lot of their gains, experience gyno issues, and all around **** themselves up when they first start doing oral steriod only cycles. With pulsing all of these risks are greatly minimized. I think that any person considering diving into the realm of oral only cycles should def. do a few pulse cycles before they fully dive into the world of orals. You never know, maybe they will like pulsing so much, they will never switch to any other method.

I personally doubt that I will ever do anything other than pulsing ever gain.

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
To Pulse. With the relatively low availability of injectable gear to many users it is nearly impossible to run a long cycle. Pulsing offers many benefits over regular cycling with orals.
1) Longer cycle length---with short cycles if you get sick for a week or your eating, rest etc. is not spot on it can seriousely screw with your gains. with pulsing, cycles can be as long as injectable cycles so you get maintainable gains and if you have a crappy week its not going to completely **** you over.
2) Low risk of hepatoxicity--- only taking orals 3 times a week gives your liver enough time to basically fully recover from any damage.
3) Very low suppression--- with the design of most of the next gen orals, when pulsed, suppression is virtually non-existant.... in my personal experience I notice a stimulation of libido and testicular fullness while pulsing.
4) less risk of injury---since most of the next gen orals are very potent, strength gains can often dwarf the gains in tendon stregth. Since pulsing is a slower approach, you experience less tendon and joint pain.
5) you feel "on" from about week 3 forward.... not just on the administration days. When I pulse, I feel the on feeling all of the time.
6) more economical--- basically zero support supps and very minimal if any post cycle therapy. Support supps and post cycle therapy dwarf the cost of orals.

there are many more advantages, but I think you get the point. Its slower, but its steadier. None of this up and down crap. gains are slower, but they stick after the cycle. A lot of people loose a lot of their gains, experience gyno issues, and all around **** themselves up when they first start doing oral steriod only cycles. With pulsing all of these risks are greatly minimized. I think that any person considering diving into the realm of oral only cycles should def. do a few pulse cycles before they fully dive into the world of orals. You never know, maybe they will like pulsing so much, they will never switch to any other method.

I personally doubt that I will ever do anything other than pulsing ever gain.
Great to hear your point of view on this Harold, thx:thumbsup:

I have read Dr D's thread and was kind of surprised why many did not choose the pulsing way all this years..I am going for the first oral cycle soon..the first 2 years I just watched and read all about this PH thing.. I see too many just started BBing and without knowing / reading about the way PH's work and the possible sides, they go for a cycle! many of this beginners do not know anything about PCT and just go for it..that's kind of "stupid'" I hope many starters of PH's will just begin with pulsing as you stated.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Pulse. When i first read the threads, it did sound too good to be true. But, after hearing people's experiences (like harolds) and keeping up on Dr. D's thread, I will be starting my first pulse cycle next week. It will be pp/zol for 8wks.

I am going to play it safe, even though both compounds are somewhat mild on sides/libido. I have had great sucess with pp, first time on zol, running cs and jw on off days. Should be fun! :D

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
Pulse. When i first read the threads, it did sound too good to be true. But, after hearing people's experiences (like harolds) and keeping up on Dr. D's thread, I will be starting my first pulse cycle next week. It will be pp/zol for 8wks.

I am going to play it safe, even though both compounds are somewhat mild on sides/libido. I have had great sucess with pp, first time on zol, running cs and jw on off days. Should be fun! :D

Hit it JZ:head: will it be 30mg a day?

So you chose to use cycle support on off days + test booster JW..

Actually the idea not using cs at all and no liver protection scares me ! that s the only thing holding me back till now..

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Through the course of 8wks, I will be up at 60mgs pp, 250mgs on zol MAX. Though, i might actually just hold the zol at 200 max depending on joints and progress.

I dont know anyone who has done this pulse with pp up that high, however, i respond really good with pp so this should be interesting.

CS throughout the cycle, jw only on off days as a bridge. Retain on both days pre and post. I will follow Dr.D's protocol laid out for me in his pulse thread.

what are you planning on for compounds? :)

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I never heard of this until soemone mentioned it at discount anabolics. I will be running a ErgoMax-LMG/Superdrol 8-12 week cycle soon. Running HDx2/Retain2 and prob some kind of liver protection on off days. I like the fact that u can reduce the risk of neg side effects, run a longer cycle and still reap great results.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^ That should be good. I would have ran that cycle too, but i dont respond typically as well as others to sd.

Log it! :D

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
^^ That should be good. I would have ran that cycle too, but i dont respond typically as well as others to superdrol.

Log it! :D
I just might log it. I have never ran either which is another plus for pulsing.

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
Through the course of 8wks, I will be up at 60mgs pp, 250mgs on zol MAX. Though, i might actually just hold the zol at 200 max depending on joints and progress.

I dont know anyone who has done this pulse with pp up that high, however, i respond really good with pp so this should be interesting.

CS throughout the cycle, jw only on off days as a bridge. Retain on both days pre and post. I will follow Dr.D's protocol laid out for me in his pulse thread.

So cs all the way..they say MilkThistle will stand in the way of the gains..I do not know exactly how much lbs you would gain more without it..

I will go with havoc and am trying to check out if 10mg superdol could fit in without major problems.. it would be havoc30mg/sd10mg 3times a week..cycle length would be 6 week..off days activate/powerfull

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established

60mg is kind of high or not?

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I just might log it. I have never ran either which is another plus for pulsing.
oooo that should be even more interesting! :cool: Do you know how well u respond on strong anabolic compounds? Hopefully, youll gain a ton of lean muscle with good strength.

So cs all the way..they say MilkThistle will stand in the way of the gains..I do not know exactly how much lbs you would gain more without it..

I will go with havoc and am trying to check out if 10mg superdol could fit in without major problems.. it would be havoc30mg/sd10mg 3times a week..cycle length would be 6 week..off days activate/powerfull
Iven never heard of the thistle issue. I personally wouldn't worry about it that much, just focuse on your plan, diet and workouts.

Sounds good. I havent experienced havoc, but have heard its good with some libido/mood sides. may be different in a pulse, cycle though.

unless you have it, i would switch activate to mass fx. Mass fx is a far superior compound. I think you should be just fine with just powerfull and retain.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
oooo that should be even more interesting! :cool: Do you know how well u respond on strong anabolic compounds? Hopefully, youll gain a ton of lean muscle with good strength. .
I have ran a couple of cycles with Halodrol-50/O-E Hemadrol/Propadrol and had good results. I am guessing yes I will respond nicely. HDx2 worked for me better than Halodrol-50/O-E strong statement I know. My strength was at an all time high with it.

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
oooo that should be even more interesting! :cool: Do you know how well u respond on strong anabolic compounds? Hopefully, youll gain a ton of lean muscle with good strength.

Iven never heard of the thistle issue. I personally wouldn't worry about it that much, just focuse on your plan, diet and workouts.

Sounds good. I havent experienced havoc, but have heard its good with some libido/mood sides. may be different in a pulse, cycle though.

unless you have it, i would switch activate to mass fx. Mass fx is a far superior compound. I think you should be just fine with just powerfull and retain.

thx, I did mass fx 2 months ago and it was very nice:) .. I also read that mass fx should be taken everyday to get out of it what you should..

In Dr d s pulsing thread he mentioned MilkThistle is counter productive while pulsing..and recommends to not to use it at all (execept with very strong compounds"!

here is some of it:

"Also important to remember is nutrition. Have a good, high calorie post work out meal and eat sufficient protein, especially on off days. Off days are also a good time to take a cortisol antagonist or even just low dose DHEA (25-50mg) if you are a slow healer or hard gainer especially. Although pulsing is a great way to avoid suppression, if you are extra sensitive to shut down or using a compound that will normally cause very fast shut down, an AI based test booster can be administered on off days or daily to further punctuate the hormonal "bounce back" in the quest to avoid the need for post cycle therapy post cycle. The bounce back phenomenon is an effect that is often noted when pulsing. It is not uncommon for testicular size and testosterone levels to increase above baseline on consecutive off days or after the cycle is over. This is like a built in PCT effect you may experiences after properly pulsed hormone use. As a teen, I was able to employee this method successfully for 3 years without needing a PCT, so I can say it works very well! In pulsing, it is also important to remember that the smaller number of dose exposures means faster liver clearance. Normal safety ancillaries like healthy oils and lipid supplements are advised, but be modest with liver products like milk thistle. They are generally counter productive and therefore not advised while pulsing, except with very toxic or potent compounds. Cycle safe!

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I have ran a couple of cycles with Halodrol-50/O-E Hemadrol/Propadrol and had good results. I am guessing yes I will respond nicely. HDx2 worked for me better than Halodrol-50/O-E strong statement I know. My strength was at an all time high with it.
wow, interesting. Ive read halo typically gives allot of strength. This is even more convincing to run hdx2/mfx after my eight weeker! damn ax is getting a ton my money! lol :)

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
really ? is HDx2 that good! did you run it solo?gains/fatloss/strength?

I can not understand how this could work better than halo50!

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
In pulsing, it is also important to remember that the smaller number of dose exposures means faster liver clearance. Normal safety ancillaries like healthy oils and lipid supplements are advised, but be modest with liver products like milk thistle. They are generally counter productive and therefore not advised while pulsing, except with very toxic or potent compounds. Cycle safe!
I missed that. I should probably only run it on off days then. cool. I still have to stock up on my flax, fish and bcaa's.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
really ? is HDx2 that good! did you run it solo?gains/fatloss/strength?

I can not understand how this could work better than halo50!
Thats what I was thinking. I will give an example of weight changes.

H-50: DB press- 100 for 8 reps
HDx2 DB Press- 115 for 8 reps

Now I took Halodrol last year and I took HDx2 this along time to gain strength right? Well I broke my ankle last year and didn't workout for months. After getting well all my strength and size was gone. I took BAM gained a nice amount back. a month or so after that I took HDx2 and boom I hitting great weights.

So it could be muslce memory, different calorie intake even though I was taking in fewer cals with HDx2. I don't know. I responded better to hemadrol than Halodrol too.

I don't want people to think that HDx2 is the most potent supplement out there, but I know for me the stuff was strong and it worked.

I forgot I did run HDx2 solo. I also ran BAM solo. But I did love H-50 I had great re-comp with it.

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I was thinking. I will give an example of weight changes.

H-50: DB press- 100 for 8 reps
HDx2 DB Press- 115 for 8 reps

Now I took Halodrol last year and I took HDx2 this along time to gain strength right? Well I broke my ankle last year and didn't workout for months. After getting well all my strength and size was gone. I took BAM gained a nice amount back. a month or so after that I took HDx2 and boom I hitting great weights.

So it could be muslce memory, different calorie intake even though I was taking in fewer cals with HDx2. I don't know. I responded better to hemadrol than Halodrol too.

I don't want people to think that HDx2 is the most potent supplement out there, but I know for me the stuff was strong and it worked.

I forgot I did run HDx2 solo. I also ran BAM solo. But I did love H-50 I had great re-comp with it.
Good to hear you came back that fast.. I think hdx2 is a very good product but I think that halo50 should give most users more gains..

what are your thoughts about milkthistle while pulsing?

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
I missed that. I should probably only run it on off days then. cool. I still have to stock up on my flax, fish and bcaa's.
I think you better ask D for advise on this.. I also read that on off days is not ok cause the thistle will stay in the body for the next day, only it will be less than when taken ed..

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear you came back that fast.. I think hdx2 is a very good product but I think that halo50 should give most users more gains..

what are your thoughts about milkthistle while pulsing?
H-50 should have gave me more but I really don't think I was eating nearly enough.

I have read where it could hurt gains and I have read where it won't so I am not sure I guess it depends on what ur are pulsing. I am thinking I might run some since I am doing 2 methyls. I would follow D's advice and take it on off days.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if pulsing would work as well w/ older compounds some of us may still have lying around. Some examples would be m-dien and MDHT. What about a trans like 4Derm, etc?=. since it has 12 hr. delivery?

I happen to have like 19 caps of Ergomax LMG (original Alri version) lying around and know it's not enough for a standard cycle, so I'm thinking maybe it could be pulsed and thus put it to better use. Any thoughts on these things?

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Another thing I wonder is what about stacking methyls? Normally you'd want to avoid this due to hepatoxicity, but maybe pulsing eliminates or downplays that concern. I'm thinking a m-dien/MDHT combo could be very effective for strength and lean, dry gains, esp. on a cut. Would this work for pulsing, maybe?

TheDrive

Awards
I'm in and out to sea a lot. I would like to pulse a cycle of Chlorodrol-50, but I don't know if I can stick with the program for 2 months with my work schedule. (Don't ask for an explanation, it's too complicated). The question is... If I pulse half of my cycle can I get 2 full pulsing cycles out of it or am I just wasting it if I don't take it all in the same cycle...? If I will just waste it, I'll take it ED.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I'm in and out to sea a lot. I would like to pulse a cycle of Chlorodrol-50, but I don't know if I can stick with the program for 2 months with my work schedule. (Don't ask for an explanation, it's too complicated). The question is... If I pulse half of my cycle can I get 2 full pulsing cycles out of it or am I just wasting it if I don't take it all in the same cycle...? If I will just waste it, I'll take it ED.
That would work alot of people take a week break in the middle of their pulse:thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I go with what I know and thats 4 weeks + PCT. Pulsing is too risky for me.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
pulsing is dangerous because it gives people that idea that they can safely run a cycle of steroids with little no side effects, including no preparation for said side effects.

Pulsing is also dangerous because people are trying to pulse un-pulsable compunds, such as m1t. m1t cannot be pulsed because its supressive effect is so pronounced even 2 days of dosing can cause shutdown.

people argue that they are not "supressed or shut down" after pulsing, even though they provide no blood work to support their claims. a sub-par post cycle therapy is then run.

pulsing causes large fluctuations in hormones. although liver stress may be decreased by less dosing, the hormonal damage is in all likelihood just as bad. It is not just the hormone that is fluctuating, but estrogen, LH, FSH, activin, inhibin, SHBG, and cortisol. These hormones, especially (and most importantly) cortisol, have time to normalize(acclimatize) during a normal cycle. They DO NOT during a pulsing cycle. This is will lead to MORE side effects.

The pulsing method seems to be a partially recycled "tapering" method that was used back in the 70's and 80's. Nothing new, really. THe only evidence i have seen that the pulsing method works are claims by Dr. D that he recovered from pulsing cycles back when he was 18 years old. Again, with no bloodwork to substantiate.

anyone who runs a "pulse" is looking for a shortcut, and a one that is absolutely not safe, at that.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
pulsing is dangerous because it gives people that idea that they can safely run a cycle of steroids with little no side effects, including no preparation for said side effects.

Pulsing is also dangerous because people are trying to pulse un-pulsable compunds, such as m1t. m1t cannot be pulsed because its supressive effect is so pronounced even 2 days of dosing can cause shutdown.

people argue that they are not "supressed or shut down" after pulsing, even though they provide no blood work to support their claims. a sub-par post cycle therapy is then run.

pulsing causes large fluctuations in hormones. although liver stress may be decreased by less dosing, the hormonal damage is in all likelihood just as bad. It is not just the hormone that is fluctuating, but estrogen, LH, FSH, activin, inhibin, SHBG, and cortisol. These hormones, especially (and most importantly) cortisol, have time to normalize(acclimatize) during a normal cycle. They DO NOT during a pulsing cycle. This is will lead to MORE side effects.

The pulsing method seems to be a partially recycled "tapering" method that was used back in the 70's and 80's. Nothing new, really. THe only evidence i have seen that the pulsing method works are claims by Dr. D that he recovered from pulsing cycles back when he was 18 years old. Again, with no bloodwork to substantiate.

anyone who runs a "pulse" is looking for a shortcut, and a one that is absolutely not safe, at that.
Hey sweetie pie. ;) Watcha doin' later? lol (j/k)

So I take it you have actually tried it then, since you have such a strong opinion?

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established

Many also use supplements for estrogen and cortisol control on a pulse cycle, that does not have to be a problem, does it?

Juicaholic

Awards
Reps for answer

I hope this question isn't too stupid for this tread but can someone please describe to me what pulsing is? Thanks.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
For me my main reason why I choose to pulse is dependent on my workout program.

If I use a full-body training where I train 3 times a week, I choose pulse method, but for 1 body part a week type of training that needs to be in the gym 4 to 5 times a week, then I would choose conventional cycle. :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
For me my main reason why I choose to pulse is dependent on my workout program.

If I use a full-body training where I train 3 times a week, I choose pulse method, but for 1 body part a week type of training that needs to be in the gym 4 to 5 times a week, then I would choose conventional cycle. :)
Bingo! That's pretty much it. If you train 3-4x/wk, it works great. If you train more often than that, it's just not as good a fit at that point and you really need more.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Bingo! That's pretty much it. If you train 3-4x/wk, it works great. If you train more often than that, it's just not as good a fit at that point and you really need more.
Yeah! :thumbsup:

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
:wtf: I did not know there was Bingo here!! My grandma loves Bingo.. I ll register her right now:lol:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
:wtf: I did not know there was Bingo here!! My grandma loves Bingo.. I ll register her right now:lol:
Look, I'm an old man now, I can play bingo if I want! (NOT!) :lol: :p