steroids in beginners

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I have heard over and over on here that steroids should only be used by those who are experienced. Those who have pretty much met their genetic potential. That definitely makes sense. Obviously you would need them to grow once your potential had been met. However, I have read that beginning lifters (even those who have lifted for years but who are thought to be able to grow without AS) should not use steroids because once they quit their bodies will go back quickly to the same size if not even smaller. Is there someone that can give me an explanation for why this is the case. I would think someone who has not come close to their potential would be able to hold the muscle much easier than someone who had reached their potential. I'm not in any way saying I think you're wrong and I'm right. To the contrary. I just would like to know exactly why this is the case so I can know for myself and for anyone else who is thinking of trying AS.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only time that happene is when the cycle wasn't done properly and without the right pct . Alot of people think that when they get bloated and retain water. they think thats growing but thats sides . If you dont go about things the right way you wont keep anything. Research alot!!!

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
However, I have read that beginning lifters (even those who have lifted for years but who are thought to be able to grow without AS) should not use steroids because once they quit their bodies will go back quickly to the same size if not even smaller.
I don't think this is true, and I tend to agree with you that "beginning" lifters would probably find it easier to hold most of their gains (provided they run a proper PCT and a smart diet). I think that the opinion that only "advanced" or "maxed out" lifters should use steroids is mostly based on other reasons.

One of these reasons (but certainly not the only) is that a solid workout routine and nutrition are the basis for gains whether or not you're using steroids. When you first start working out, if you have a solid routine and diet then you should be able to gain easily... If your diet and routine suck and you can't gain without steroids, then steroids are not going to be healthy or very effective in the long-term.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally… I’ve never noticed much muscle loss at all when I come off juice.

As long as I keep things in check

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I see. I forgot to ask about that in the original post. I also wanted to know if possibly it was just that they were not continuing good eating habits as they were beginners. What is it that makes the gains not stay? From reading, it seems like it's just the estrogen coming in to fill up the loss of testosterone which makes your body actually less lean and lose muscle. This happens due to lack of or inproper PCT. That on track at all?

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see. I forgot to ask about that in the original post. I also wanted to know if possibly it was just that they were not continuing good eating habits as they were beginners. What is it that makes the gains not stay? From reading, it seems like it's just the estrogen coming in to fill up the loss of testosterone which makes your body actually less lean and lose muscle. That on track at all?
Every thing has a normal line , when you spike your test up a bove that line when you get off where do you think you go? below and then Estrogen sit there and eats away your gains until your body gets normal again. Remember when kids drink Coke they get jacked up and the crash!!! Same thing.:jaw:

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I don't think this is true, and I tend to agree with you that "beginning" lifters would probably find it easier to hold most of their gains (provided they run a proper post cycle therapy and a smart diet). I think that the opinion that only "advanced" or "maxed out" lifters should use steroids is mostly based on other reasons.

One of these reasons (but certainly not the only) is that a solid workout routine and nutrition are the basis for gains whether or not you're using steroids. When you first start working out, if you have a solid routine and diet then you should be able to gain easily... If your diet and routine suck and you can't gain without steroids, then steroids are not going to be healthy or very effective in the long-term.
Thanks...that's why I had assumed people were saying that. I have had a few friends who have used anabolics, even after getting off they kept a lot of gains, even after not eating all that well. They started the anabolics though basically six months after they began training and their bodies were not near any type of peak. Which was basically why I was confused about the information I was reading.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
You also have to stay dedicated to lifting once you come off. I think some "beginners" take steroids to get huge, lift like crazy while they're on, and then once the cycle is done they think "Now I'm huge, so I don't have to lift anymore," which is a great way to lose your gains.

Whether you've been lifting for 1 year or 10, you need to really do your research before taking anything. Read everything you can and make sure you have a thorough understanding of what you're taking and what it's doing to your body.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Good point. I wasn't even putting that in the equation. My friends who took roids weren't eating too well. However they WERE eating a lot. They also continued working out for quite a while after the cycle. The muscle still stuck pretty well though even when a few of them took a couple months off. That was several months after cycle though. Actually, when I first started lifting I took an oral without PCT or anything (I had never heard of such a thing.) I ate pretty well though and continued lifting. Even with no PCT I still kept most of the gains. It was halodrol though. I'm sure it's different though if I'm taking superdrol or something.

SteelDedication

Awards
There's a lot of good info here. Good post and good answers brothers. Thanx for the facts.

B4n3 0n3

However they WERE eating a lot.
If you have a small lean body type you can get away with eating bad as long as you eat alot BUT if you are eating at burgerking everyday then it won't be healthy and could be very dangerous.