My first injection mishap. Am I okay?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
It was my left glute's turn this evening. I think I know what my problem is. I don't stay steady. I keep going in and out a little bit, and side to side. It's only my third week since many years so I need practise.. But (no pun intended), I bled A LOT. I put the needle in, aspirated, injected - and when I pulled out, streams of blood gushed out as well. There was even some blood in the needle/vile.. I'm guessing I went through a vein or something.. Maybe I was a little too off to the side of my cheek. :eek: Anyway.. No caughing or anything.. So I'm figuring there's no oil in my blood.. To stop the bleeding, I just used a little alcohol tab, applied pressure and left it there.. Am I okay? Does this happen from time to time?

Thanks in advance...

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sometimes you just go through a vein, you will have a nasty bruise in the area tomorrow but you will live. you may have penetrated a vein while jiggling the needle a little bit. try and stay more steady in the future. sitting down while doing a glute injection might help to steady things out.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you should be ok, and as long as you didnt inject any oil in your fine. You most likely hit a vein, which can hurt like hell, but you'll get over it.

Just try to relax and keep breathing while injecting. Staying relaxed is very important. :D

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, guys. I injected with the needle the whole inch and a half in, so.. I'm guessing I didn't inject into any veins. So I'm going to feel pain tomorrow, huh? Great. I wanted to take a break from pain in my quads...

embrace

Awards
my wife did my ass injects. I don't know how the hell else I would have done it without a little help

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
It sucks total ass. No pun intended.. I'm not very flexible these days either.. It's very difficult. I'm not nervous when I do the shot, but I can't stay steady.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Im lucky that Im pretty flexible and can get the glutes with ease. :D

size

Awards
  • Established
You will be fine besides some soreness and possible bruising.
Injecting into a vein will cause almost immediate effects.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I was waiting to see if I'd start coughing and tasting the oil in my mouth.. I was pretty happy to find that it didn't happen. It's a really sucky feeling, though, seeing all that blood pour out.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Probablly a lot of bruising I did that with a shoulder inject and I had to cover up at the gym for like 2wks so people woldn't notice. may have some trouble sitting but besides that your probablly good.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough, no bruise and no pain.. Maybe I'm a space alien. :p