Why not use strength to determine readiness for AAS?

ArnoldIsMyIdol

ArnoldIsMyIdol

Awards
  • Established
I usually hear time lifting used to determine if someone is ready to use AAS. I never really saw this as being a good way to determine this. We all know people who have been lifting for years without much to show for it. Why not use overall strength? For example, we could say you are not ready for AAS unless you can bench 1.5 times your bodyweight and squat 2x, etc. We could debate those numbers, but it seems like this would at least be a better way to determine tendon strength and how close you may be to your natural limits, and attached a numeric factor that could be measured.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually hear time lifting used to determine if someone is ready to use AAS. I never really saw this as being a good way to determine this. We all know people who have been lifting for years without much to show for it. Why not use overall strength? For example, we could say you are not ready for AAS unless you can bench 1.5 times your bodyweight and squat 2x, etc. We could debate those numbers, but it seems like this would at least be a better way to determine tendon strength and how close you may be to your natural limits, and attached a numeric factor that could be measured.
This would not be an accurate assessment because strength and size are two different goals. I am not saying that strength and size are not correlated, but I can gain size without much strength gain. Also there is a very big genetic factor in strength; I am sure we have all seen the dude that weighs about 175lbs benching around 405.

NEED2BANABOLIC

Banned
Awards

IMHO it's different for each person.

I started my first cycle 6 months ago and im close to 30 and i was lifting really heavy, but not to much.

I let my weight go up each week that way my muscles/tendons got used to the weight/strain.

If you just go in and try and bench 300 pounds your a tool.

Any who to each is own i guess?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I definitely think its a combination of both strength, size and time you've been lifting. Some people are just naturally stronger than others, while some just are born with a bigger or more defined body type.