57% alcohol for orals

daemonium

Awards
i don't have acess to everclear or bacardi 151, will a 57% alcohol do?
i'm just tiresd of spending money in peg...let me know...

bigman420

Awards
how do you not have access...your 24 right?

suck it up and buy a bottle of 151...its kind of cheap...or make your own 'shine, like they did back in the 20's and 30's

daemonium

Awards
lmao, not that problem man, but i'm in europe and in my country we don't have alcohol in drinks more than 57%!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
nope ethyl alcohol is extremely poisionous more so that most besides methyl alcohol

daemonium

Awards
pharmacy ethyl alcohol is NOT FOR CONSUMPTION. is dangerous for it's additives.

Syr i know what you mean, but this is just 1 ml per day! not a glass of it.
and this is the best alcohol percentae I can get besides everclear or bacardi 151 often used to dissolve orals.

SwingGuru

Awards
nope ethyl alcohol is extremely poisionous more so that most besides methyl alcohol
Huh? C2H6O is ethyl alcohol = ethanol = what you probably drink every weekend. Surely our wonderful gov't wouldn't allow such a volatile substance to be purchased so freely over the counter....

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nope don't drink at all..
and you are alittle off.. the ethyl alcohol I was thinking of is
http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/ET/ethyl_alcohol.html
Thats the MSD sheet on it.. okay

and you are right but the ethanol in spirits are extremely low compared to 200 proof

Ethanol is used as a fuel (often mixed with gasoline) and in a wide variety of industrial processes. Ethanol is also used in antifreeze products for its low melting point. The state in the United States that produces the most ethanol used in automobiles is Iowa.

It is easily soluble in water in all proportions with a slight overall decrease in volume when the two are mixed. Absolute ethanol and 95% ethanol are themselves good solvents, somewhat less polar than water and used in perfumes, paints and tinctures. Other proportions of ethanol with water or other solvents can also be used as a solvent. Alcoholic drinks have a large variety of tastes because various flavor compounds are dissolved during brewing.

A solution of 70-85% of ethanol is commonly used as a disinfectant. It kills organisms by denaturing their proteins and dissolving their lipids and is effective against most bacteria and fungi, and many viruses, but is ineffective against bacterial spores. Because of this disinfectant property, alcoholic beverages can be stored for a long time.

The hydroxyl group on the ethanol molecule is an extremely weak acid, but upon treatment alkali metal or a very strong base, an H+ can be removed to form an ethoxide ion, C2H5O-.