Alcohol in transdermals

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does the alcohol in transdermals get through the skin and into the bloodstream? I'm interested in how these delivery systems work

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does the alcohol in transdermals get through the skin and into the bloodstream? I'm interested in how these delivery systems work
The alcohol in TDs is generally of no consequence..... Unless one happens to be on Antibuse or something.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've used some transdermals and some research chems that come suspended in some kind of alcohol and they never have effected me and I was a heavy drinker that quit.

So idk if that helps but I figured I'd throw that out there

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At MuscleGELZ this is our delivery system. My code "WES15" gets you 15% off any order
www.MuscleGelz.com

Topical Delivery System
  1. Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) – is a high purity solvent and carrier which offers a safe, effective delivery enhancement mechanism for the active ingredients in MuscleGelz.
  2. Ethoxydiglycol – is a cosmetic grade solvent that conforms to the current USP/NF monographs. Ethoxydiglycol is particularly appropriate for skin care preparations where it acts as an excellent solvent and carrier.
  3. Propylene glycol – is an organic compound that is used 2 primary reasons. First, it has the traits of a humectant; it is able to absorb and help the skin retain moisture. Second, it helps active ingredients penetrate the skin.
  4. Glycerin – when used on skin works as humectant, which is why it attracts moisture onto your skin.
  5. Carbomer – helps to distribute and suspend the active ingredients in the ges.
  6. Triethanolamine (TEA) – Helps the water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients blend better. TEA neutralizes fatty acids and solubilizes oils and other ingredients that are not completely soluble in water.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
At MuscleGELZ this is our delivery system. My code "WES15" gets you 15% off any order
www.MuscleGelz.com

Topical Delivery System
  1. Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) – is a high purity solvent and carrier which offers a safe, effective delivery enhancement mechanism for the active ingredients in MuscleGelz.
  2. Ethoxydiglycol – is a cosmetic grade solvent that conforms to the current USP/NF monographs. Ethoxydiglycol is particularly appropriate for skin care preparations where it acts as an excellent solvent and carrier.
  3. Propylene glycol – is an organic compound that is used 2 primary reasons. First, it has the traits of a humectant; it is able to absorb and help the skin retain moisture. Second, it helps active ingredients penetrate the skin.
  4. Glycerin – when used on skin works as humectant, which is why it attracts moisture onto your skin.
  5. Carbomer – helps to distribute and suspend the active ingredients in the ges.
  6. Triethanolamine (TEA) – Helps the water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients blend better. TEA neutralizes fatty acids and solubilizes oils and other ingredients that are not completely soluble in water.
They have a 4 andro?

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I assume that purpose of the alcohol is to break down the oils on the skin?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We have Super 4 andro with our sister brand Iron Mag Labs. I am a rep for them as well and my code WES15 gets u 15%
off

Both are proudly made in the USA in an FDA approved lab. AKA these are high end products

CVS pharmacys generic manufacturer makes some of our products aka these are pharmaceutical grade and super high quality.

What would 2 pumps of the IML Super-4 equate to in oral form?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you're over thinking things

I assume that purpose of the alcohol is to break down the oils on the skin?
no, the alcohol does not make it through to the bloodstream - the alcohol is a solvent to dissolve the active, it then works to get it into the skin and the alcohol evaporates. There are other components of the carrier - other solvents/cosolvents/penetration enhancers/etc that help drive the active through the layers of the dermis and into the bloodstream.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In general, with a solid carrier, we usually assume transdermal delivery to be roughly twice as effective as oral delivery.

for most hormonals, we anticipate 150mg transdermal to equal about 300mg oral. There are generally other benefits of td delivery too, like buffered delivery over an extended period of time - the iron legion carrier used by Alpha Gainz buffers delivery over 6-8 hours and the gels used by Iconic Formulations buffer delivery over 8-12 hours. This is preferred for many compounds that have a really short half life and eliminates the need to apply more than once a day (many oral products require two doses a day - morning and afternoon/evening).

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
best bang for the buck would be to find some Alpha Four...before it's all gone.

Can still find Alpha Four at Strong Supplements and a few other retailers. This was discontinued because we lost our license agreement for using 4-DHEA (4-Andro) - this means there is no more Iconic Formulations Alpha Four or Alpha Gainz 4-Andro TD being produced anymore, and once existing inventories are sold out, these are gone for good

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Flex it has alpha gainz and iconic formulations alpha 4 4 andro transdermals and I think they may have IML but it’s terribly under dosed compared to the other two.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
best bang for the buck would be to find some Alpha Four...before it's all gone.

Can still find Alpha Four at Strong Supplements and a few other retailers. This was discontinued because we lost our license agreement for using 4-DHEA (4-Andro) - this means there is no more Iconic Formulations Alpha Four or Alpha Gainz 4-Andro TD being produced anymore, and once existing inventories are sold out, these are gone for good
I assume hi tech is the owner of the 4 dhea rights? Their stuff is terribly under dosed

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Flex it has alpha gainz and iconic formulations alpha 4 4 andro transdermals and I think they may have IML but it’s terribly under dosed compared to the other two.
Flex it is always a great way to go.