Anastrozole alternative?

mcr

Awards
Anastrozole's been working fine for me but I think I might be a bit allergic to it, my face gets swollen a bit on it.

What are the best alternatives to anastrozole that generally have mild or no side effects?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
aromasin... or letro, but its pretty harsh

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you on? Usually, moonface is caused by the gear aromatizing and not from being allergic from the ai you're using.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anastrozole's been working fine for me but I think I might be a bit allergic to it, my face gets swollen a bit on it.

What are the best alternatives to anastrozole that generally have mild or no side effects?
Doubt it's the anastrozole, u taking dbol?

mcr

Awards
What are you on? Usually, moonface is caused by the gear aromatizing and not from being allergic from the ai you're using.
i am only on anastrozole

will this side effect be there with other AIs?

Doubt it's the anastrozole, u taking dbol?
no, never taken steroids. i am on anastrozole to combat high E2 caused by years of being on finasteride. even after quitting finasteride years ago my hormone levels remained abnormal (normal-low T, high E2)

mcr

Awards
I'm way confused, would never expected that
well don't feel too bad. i am seeing an andrologist and even he is at a loss as to why this is happening, and doesn't know what we can do other than AI

finasteride is a poison, i wish i'd never touched it

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
have you tried any other ai's like aromasin or letrozole?

mcr

Awards
have you tried any other ai's like aromasin or letrozole?
the other thing i've taken was tamoxifen but it was a few years ago to try to deal with the gyno, but it was too late so i had gyno surgery

do all AIs cause moonface? the reason i thought it was an allergy was because my nose is plugged - a tell-tale sign

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the other thing i've taken was tamoxifen but it was a few years ago to try to deal with the gyno, but it was too late so i had gyno surgery

do all AIs cause moonface? the reason i thought it was an allergy was because my nose is plugged - a tell-tale sign
no ai's usually cause bloating... just the opposite actually

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
what could it be? because i am DEFINITELY not imagining this

other side effect i'm noticing is that my face became quite oily as well
is it pharma adex you're taking?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established

cortisol issue from low E2, maybe?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
yes, it's a prescription, got it from the pharmacy

is this another thing that should be blood tested? what can i take for cortisol?
well, what's you current E2 level?

Mcballz

Mcballz

Banned
Awards

Definetly Aromasin.
It's superior in a number of ways.

It doesn't have a negative impact on colesterol levels.
There is a lot less estrogen rebound because it's a suicide inhibitor. Adex can be broken from the estrogen releasing it free once again so there will be a greater rebound.
And I've also heard it increases IGF1.
I haven't dug into the validity or science of that one but it seemed like a reliable source.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Definetly Aromasin.

There is a lot less estrogen rebound because it's a suicide inhibitor. Adex can be broken from the estrogen releasing it free once again so there will be a greater rebound.
I haven't dug into the validity or science of that one but it seemed like a reliable source.
it doesn't raise IGF1. none of the AIs or SERMs do.

"Plasma IGF-I decreased significantly (−13 ± 11%; P = 0.008) "

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jc.2003-031279

Mcballz

Mcballz

Banned
Awards
it doesn't raise IGF1. none of the AIs or SERMs do.

"Plasma IGF-I decreased significantly (−13 ± 11%; P = 0.008) "
]
Good call, thanks for telling me. I thought that sounded like bro science.
Well thank god for mk677 then.
Thank God for it anyways. I'm feeling great on it.

mcr

Awards
well, what's you current E2 level?
48, reference for the test is 39

this test is even years after stopping finasteride AND while on 1mg anastrozole every other day (for 15 days). before the anastrozole, the E2 was 57. my E2 should normally be around 20

after the test the dose was bumped up to every day

mcr

Awards
Definetly Aromasin.

why did the doctor prefer to prescribe adex instead?

Mcballz

Mcballz

Banned
Awards
why did the doctor prefer to prescribe adex instead?
Don't know for sure.. But if I had to guess it's probably because Aromasin is a lot stronger than adex. And you don't need something that strong.
But doctors never seem to consider splitting pills an option. I guess I can understand it doesn't seem reliable or practicle from a doctors stand point.
The Aromasin brands I saw only came in 25mg dosages. That would be way too much for you. It's meant to crash estrogen levels for breast cancer patients to keep the tumor from growing.
But it would be better to take a 1/4 of Aromasin EOD then 1mg of adex EOD.
(Just an example)

I have a little scale, so I can empty out a capsule and record the weight. Then divide it by 4 or what ever I need.

The emptied contents of My 1mg Adex capsules weigh .44 total.

So I weigh out .11 when I want .25mg of adex.