Steroids and acne

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Hey guys, only into my 3rd week of trt on nebido. I have the craziest acne I have ever seen. Every inch of my body is covered in small spots and on my forehead I have a second head growing. The spots are head to toe and even on the palms of my hands!

Is the anything we can do to stop this side effect, will it subside or will I look like I have chickenpox for the remainder of my life on trt?

Any input at all would be much appreciated. Thank you all

btur2915

Awards
Get your estrogen in check. T itself doesn't cause acne but higher estrogen will really hit hard.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, only into my 3rd week of trt on nebido. I have the craziest acne I have ever seen. Every inch of my body is covered in small spots and on my forehead I have a second head growing. The spots are head to toe and even on the palms of my hands!

Is the anything we can do to stop this side effect, will it subside or will I look like I have chickenpox for the remainder of my life on trt?

Any input at all would be much appreciated. Thank you all
You're playing with hormones. Your body never stops going through puberty to be honest, you threw a wrench in there and now you have acne. It's normal for what you're doing.

Welcome to one of the many sides. You can however controll it through...

Step 1. Generic brand of clearisil and shower gloves. Apply over affected areas and rub in with gloves.

Step 2. Do NOT buy anti acne supplements. Excess Biotin, excess b12, and others can actually cause acne.

Step 3. Get a Shea, coco butter or aloe lotion and apply after showers.

Step 4. Buy the quick acne pads for little breakouts.
That's all you can really do.

If you really can't stand it, there's Accutane which is the ONLY way to seriously knock down gear related acne but it has some pretty serious side effects. Including ashy skin.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
what is your test dose and did you get labs done. Everyone is different but Ill just throw my personal expirience up. on a TRT dose of 150mg test C a week I dont get side and my estro is normal, At 300mg test c I get acne and need .5 adex once a week. at 800mg test E with usualy deca or tren too my acne gets crazy on my back and chest adex wont be strong enough I use aromasin and adex then I'm fine

Last edited:
Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
It's deff estro , when my estro is high I get acne , not white heads but red bumps on the skin . When estro is in control my skin is oily but it is clear

btur2915

Awards
what is your test dose and did you get labs done. Everyone is different but Ill just throw my personal expirience up. on a TRT dose of 150mg test C a week I dont get side and my estro is normal, At 300mg test c I get acne and need .5 adex once a week. at 800mg test E with usualy deca or tren too my acne gets crazy on my back and chest adex wont be strong enough I use aromasin and adex then I'm fine
Deca is an acne monster. Tren hasnt been as bad.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
It's deff estro , when my estro is high I get acne , not white heads but red bumps on the skin . When estro is in control my skin is oily but it is clear
Same. I get the red bumps on my damn arms. No other acne except random blackheads

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
All this info is really helpful guys. I am yet to have my first bloods whilst on test. They are supposed to be in 2 weeks time. I will call my Dr today and speak about and ai and see if he Might be able to bring my tests forward to see where I'm at sooner.

Spots are worsening by the day so I am eager to get this in check before I experience any more sides.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
My dose is 1g of undecanoate. Works out about 100mg a week. First 2 jabs are 6 weeks apart then after that booster every 8 to 10 depending on labs. Labs haven't been done yet I got a test booked I'm for tomorrow

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
in studies with women and estrogen issues it was found that zinc helps with acne, at the levels of gears we abuse this wont help, but with a TRT dose it could be beneficial. I take a multi with zinc in it and cant say it works but I started taking it after reading about it

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I do take a zinc supplement at the moment heckler, not sure if it's helping but I'll keep taking it

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
in studies with women and estrogen issues it was found that zinc helps with acne, at the levels of gears we abuse this wont help, but with a TRT dose it could be beneficial. I take a multi with zinc in it and cant say it works but I started taking it after reading about it
Stay away from the big doses of b12 in a multi. That can make acne flair up.

btur2915

Awards
Low dose accutane if it is that bad. Last resort though. Get a good acne face/body wash, toner/astringent, watch carb intake, and find some liquid flaxseed oil They all work. FIsh oil with good source of epa/dha will also help.

btur2915

Awards
Low dose accutane if it is that bad. Last resort though. Get a good acne face/body wash, toner/astringent, watch carb intake, and find some liquid flaxseed oil They all work. FIsh oil with good source of epa/dha will also help.
Forgot to add oil free moisturizer from say neutragena.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No no no fuk accutane!!! I would literally rather lite my self on fire than use accutane again and everyone that I know that took it agrees that sh!t is not worth it it is poison

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Accutane I think I will avoid. Sounds like the sides are a nightmare.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Def not something to take lightly but a last resort for many.
Yeah I'm about to have to use it. I have those damn red bumps all over my forearms and they aren't going away for some reason. No other acne either.

MythicalGains

Awards
I had some pretty bad acne on my back and shoulders after my first cycle, still didn't clear up a month after pct. Went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me accutane. Months later, my skin is looking MUCH better. Still have some scars on my back, but she assured me those will fade with time.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had some pretty bad acne on my back and shoulders after my first cycle, still didn't clear up a month after pct. Went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me accutane. Months later, my skin is looking MUCH better. Still have some scars on my back, but she assured me those will fade with time.
Wait for the side effects. At 1 month I was fine too and 3 months is when they start to hit and man do they suck.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sides are often over played but it is certainly no joke. Grab yourself a great joint supplement and lots of moisturizer and chap stick.
I thoughts so too until I took it and I would wake up when they my pillow stuck to my face from the clotted blood from my lips, My 3rd degree sunburn from 1 hour in the sun with no sun block(no joke this happened), Permanent scars from minor cuts, Painfully dry skin, hair shedding(this stop when I stopped taking it), paronychia ever time I clipped my fingernails, diarrhea, and worsened anxiety the sh!t is poison!!!

btur2915

Awards
I thoughts so too until I took it and I would wake up when they my pillow stuck to my face from the clotted blood from my lips, My 3rd degree sunburn from 1 hour in the sun with no sun block(no joke this happened), Permanent scars from minor cuts, Painfully dry skin, hair shedding(this stop when I stopped taking it), paronychia ever time I clipped my fingernails, diarrhea, and worsened anxiety the sh!t is poison!!!
I took it at very high doses over two courses and although sides were high at high doses I never experienced any of that. I did everything I could to avoid the sun and caked moisturizer on my face, body, and lips.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Just take vitamin B5, 3000 mg per day. Holy sh1t, it's not complicated.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Yo. guys, so had my oestradiol checked and at 84 I think it's OK? My doc seems to so I'm happy with that. Ordered some b5 but the tablets would choke a horse so I'll have to start crushing em up. On holiday and the sea and sun seems to be helping to a degree with the acne bit that **** is still there. ?

btur2915

Awards
b5 is overated. If your acne is that bad b5 is going to do diddly squat.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just take vitamin B5, 3000 mg per day. Holy sh1t, it's not complicated.
Ive got some pantethine (pantesin), I could get same benefits here as b5 but at a lower dose?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
It's been awhile but I think I got some good results with acne from high dose pantothenic acid. B-5.

btur2915

Awards
Stop talking.
Will do no such thing so please stop being ignorant. Have had acne for many years and have seen several dermatologists using everything antibiotic, otc option, and even accutane. Every derm I have spoken with has said that b5 will do little and will lose its effectiveness quickly.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Will do no such thing so please stop being ignorant. Have had acne for many years and have seen several dermatologists using everything antibiotic, otc option, and even accutane. Every derm I have spoken with has said that b5 will do little and will lose its effectiveness quickly.
Stop talking. Take 3 grams per day for 6 weeks. Then you may speak again.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
You are a joke.
I have a PhD in Pharmacology and Toxicology, with a BS in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior and a minor in Biochemistry.

I have been published.

I have been a biomedical researcher for 17 years.

I know more about the detailed workings of the human body than any MD you have seen or will ever see.

There are probably less than 50 researchers in this country who have attained the level of knowledge that I have regarding novel drug development and treatment, such as the treatment of severe acne with high dose B5..

Or running a SERM on cycle to prevent suppression, because SERMs are ER-alpha inverse agonists and ER-beta agonists, and circulating androgens inhibit LH secretion at the pituitary level (J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1996 Nov;59(3-4):315-22) while inhibiting GNRH secretion at the hypothalamic level (J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1992 Jun;74(6):1227-35.), both sites SERMs act upon. So, since E2 is a much more potent stimulus for negative feedback, blocking ER-alpha thus more than cancels out the inhibitory effects of elevated androgen levels. It's analogous to taking two steps forward (SERM inverse agonism at ER-alpha) and one step back (androgen-induced negative feedback on hypothalamic and pituitary AR).

"The inhibitory effect on gonadotropin secretion is mediated mainly by estradiol from endogenous conversion of testosterone rather than direct androgen action, at least in the pituitary gland (J Androl (1994) 15(1):15–21 ) Indeed, other studies suggested that in situ aromatization of testosterone is required both at the hypothalamic and pituitary levels to insure a complete feedback mechanism of gonadotropins (J Clin Endocrinol Metab (2001) 86(6):2600–610.1210, [and] ( J Clin Invest (1987) 80(3):631–810.1172)"

You. Stop. Talking.

btur2915

Awards
I have a PhD in Pharmacology and Toxicology, with a BS in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior and a minor in Biochemistry.

I have been published.

I know more about the detailed workings of the human body than any MD you have seen or will ever see.

There are probably less than 50 researchers in this country who have attained the level of knowledge that I have regarding novel drug development and treatment, such as the treatment of severe acne with high dose B5..

Or running a SERM on cycle to prevent suppression, because SERMs are ER-alpha inverse agonists and ER-beta agonists, and circulating androgens inhibit LH secretion at the pituitary level (J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1996 Nov;59(3-4):315-22) while inhibiting GNRH secretion at the hypothalamic level (J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1992 Jun;74(6):1227-35.), both sites SERMs act upon. So, since E2 is a much more potent stimulus for negative feedback, blocking ER-alpha thus more than cancels out the inhibitory effects of elevated androgen levels. It's analogous to taking two steps forward (SERM inverse agonism at ER-alpha) and one step back (androgen-induced negative feedback on hypothalamic and pituitary AR).

"The inhibitory effect on gonadotropin secretion is mediated mainly by estradiol from endogenous conversion of testosterone rather than direct androgen action, at least in the pituitary gland (J Androl (1994) 15(1):15–21 ) Indeed, other studies suggested that in situ aromatization of testosterone is required both at the hypothalamic and pituitary levels to insure a complete feedback mechanism of gonadotropins (J Clin Endocrinol Metab (2001) 86(6):2600–610.1210, [and] ( J Clin Invest (1987) 80(3):631–810.1172)"

You. Stop. Talking.
Ok mr phd I have some letters after my name too so lets play that game. Show me a one credible research study that proves b5 is effective in treating acne. A meta-analysis would be nice. Wait I'll save you the time because there are none. They are all either filled with bias or too small to be credible.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards

I have been published.

You. Stop. Talking.
Hold on hold on , before you go any farther I'd like to see your published study and proof that you wrote it , reason being anyone can say anything on the net . If you are a phD in pharm I wouldn't mind reading whatever it is you studied on . But you also can't just throw out your credentials and think everyone will believe you on an online forum . Okay continue ....

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Or is the studying you're citing your own?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
You don't get to know my identity. If you can't tell by the content of my postings that I'm legit, then that's your failing, not mine. I owe nothing to you people.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Ok mr phd I have some letters after my name too so lets play that game. Show me a one credible research study that proves b5 is effective in treating acne. A meta-analysis would be nice. Wait I'll save you the time because there are none. They are all either filled with bias or too small to be credible.
Not every study gets published. You do know this, right?

btur2915

Awards
Not every study gets published. You do know this, right?
If b5 was just a miracle fix like you say it is then I am sure it would be published on the cover of Dermatologist weekly. My point is that you can't so keep piling it higher and deeper.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I have some letters in my name. Does that make me cool too?

I just wanna fit in.....

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
If b5 was just a miracle fix like you say it is then I am sure it would be published on the cover of Dermatologist weekly. My point is that you can't so keep piling it higher and deeper.
You're seriously a world class rube. B5 makes no one money. Do you think the medical establishment cares at all about helping people? It's a business, just like any other. Government grants fund research with taxpayer dollars that are then conducted by public universities with even more taxpayer dollars, to develop new drugs that the pharmaceutical companies get to patent and then charge absurd prices for, even though R&D makes up only a tiny fraction of their cost and 1st year sales almost always result in returns of tens of thousands of percent over the tiny amount these companies actually spend of their own money.

You have *zero* idea how the system works. We are done.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
So let me get this straight....

You guys are arguing whether or not Pantothenic Acid gets rid of acne?

Do I even have to say anything else after that?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
So let me get this straight....

You guys are arguing whether or not Pantothenic Acid gets rid of acne?

Do I even have to say anything else after that?
I'm telling this moron to just try it and he's being a petulant child. It's $10 for a 2 month supply, it's totally safe, and it works.

But no, his dermatologist, God of all things medicine, didn't endorse it, so it cannot possibly work.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I'm done with this board. There are a few good, inquisitive, outside-the-box thinkers, but the vast majority I think are Dunning-Kruger samples.

I'll not be here again. Goodbye.