Only Phonies Get Blood Work Done

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Just kidding everyone..

I'm about to start my first Test E cycle from GP.

I want to get bloods done before/during/after.

How do you guys get your bloods on cheap?

Also, what are the main things I should be looking for when I get bloods. I'm seeing different types of Test and Estrogen readings.

Thanks for any input on this!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Female hormone panel will cover most of what you need.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
That's what I was looking into. Does that also include everything like test/estro/lipids?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't believe it includes test, not sure about lipids either. I always get a liver function test and that's the only thing I get honestly cause I don't have access to anything more atm.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Female hormone panel will cover most of what you need.
Full male hormone panel will cover most all he needs. That includes
Chemistry Panel (complete metabolic panel with lipids)
CBC
DHEA-S
DHT
Estradiol
PSA
Pregnenolone
Total and Free Testosterone
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Cortisol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Full male hormone panel will cover most all he needs. That includes
Chemistry Panel (complete metabolic panel with lipids)
CBC
DHEA-S
DHT
Estradiol
PSA
Pregnenolone
Total and Free Testosterone
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Cortisol
Didn't know that, I thought a female panel was the better if the two for estrogen and stuff. Good to know.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Is the full male hormone panel a lot more expensive as well? Do you guys have a good system that works for getting cheap/quick bloods?

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Is the full male hormone panel a lot more expensive as well? Do you guys have a good system that works for getting cheap/quick bloods?
Search online for a service, you buy the panel or tests you want done and there is typically a location very very close to you. All you gatta do is go in and get the blood drawn and they send it for you and you usually hear back within 2 days via email.
Just search around online, expect for a full work up to pay around 250. Liver function tests around about 60, hormones and all that are much more because as you see there's a large number of tests they run for you.
If you have good insurance your doc may help you out but expect to still pay around the same cost. I have exceptional insurance and it still costs me 149 dollars and takes much longer and i dont get as any tests done as should be.
Best, fastest and actually cheapest way is to have one of these online places do it for you.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Jesus,

I want to get all 3 phases done, but I can't shell out $750...

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Doing it right and safe Is expensive, blood work costs more than my cycles but if you wanna stay healthy its the ONLY way to go. You may be able to feel estrogen sides, low or high, but you can't possibly feel your kidney and liver function and if you can its way too late and you're most likely screwed.

I spend about 200 a week on food, about 300-500 on a cycle and an easy 1k on blood work. Gatta save up them dollars lol. Cycling is a tool and gives you an advantage, clearly but it can also destroy you and quite possibly kill you. Ik 2 ppl personally who have died and a few who have been hospitalized because they didn't know what kind of damage they where doing to themselves. Granted they where idiots and cycling like idiots but still....play it safe you only have one body.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Doing it right and safe Is expensive, blood work costs more than my cycles but if you wanna stay healthy its the ONLY way to go. You may be able to feel estrogen sides, low or high, but you can't possibly feel your kidney and liver function and if you can its way too late and you're most likely screwed.

I spend about 200 a week on food, about 300-500 on a cycle and an easy 1k on blood work. Gatta save up them dollars lol. Cycling is a tool and gives you an advantage, clearly but it can also destroy you and quite possibly kill you. Ik 2 ppl personally who have died and a few who have been hospitalized because they didn't know what kind of damage they where doing to themselves. Granted they where idiots and cycling like idiots but still....play it safe you only have one body.
100% agree. I'm already scared to only do a test e cycle at 500mg. I'm also worried that it could screw up my fertility. I'm about to be 28 and probably will try to have a kid sometime next year.

I actually just had a full blood panel done besides the hormones. It was like lipids, liver, etc.

Does it cost different amount of money for each thing tested because that was only like $22 after insurance.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Female panel is 50 and has everything you need including test
Hmm interesting. Does Female panel include everything for lipids, liver, kidneys and all that good stuff too or just hormonal?

I also read somewhere that it doesn't show the full test/free test and only goes up to 1500 or something of that sort?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It shows test but not free test and it also shows liver values

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do a search on this site for bloodwork and lots will pop up skim thru a few and youl have your answers

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Do a search on this site for bloodwork and lots will pop up skim thru a few and youl have your answers
Alright, looks like I found the best way to get a full female hormone panel for $50-60.

My question is, is there anything that I need to test for outside of what this panel includes that is important during any of the three stages?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Alright, looks like I found the best way to get a full female hormone panel for $50-60.

My question is, is there anything that I need to test for outside of what this panel includes that is important during any of the three stages?
Depends on how in depth you want to go. For basic health, maybe add Lipids?

Includes:
Estradiol, serum;
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Depends on how in depth you want to go. For basic health, maybe add Lipids?
Ok so this is what I'm showing for the Female Hormone Panel. This is $60.

Includes:
Estradiol, serum;
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)

The only other necessary test would be to get the lipid panel done as well which is another $60? Is there anything besides these two tests that I'm missing and should I run these exact two tests before/during/after cycle?

Thanks for all the help.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
PlateHead45 it looks like you may have already found this but I'll link I anyway:

As others have already said, the female hormone panel will give you the important basics for very cheap. I spend a hair more and get a different panel that includes a lot more for like 30 bucks more.
Perfect, looks like I should be all set.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You da man, but I'm going to start my cycle in November and then get bloods last week of October, so I'll probably need the October code once it's out.

Thanks!
When you do just google "October code for private md labs"

migseattle

Awards
Ok so this is what I'm showing for the Female Hormone Panel. This is $60.

Includes:
Estradiol, serum;

The only other necessary test would be to get the lipid panel done as well which is another $60? Is there anything besides these two tests that I'm missing and should I run these exact two tests before/during/after cycle?

Thanks for all the help.
They also have a test called "Hormone Panel with Lipids" which is the Female hormone panel plus the Lipid panel combined for less than the 2 separately.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
They also have a test called "Hormone Panel with Lipids" which is the Female hormone panel plus the Lipid panel combined for less than the 2 separately.
Nice find! Way to save me some $$

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This is one of the most retarded posts i've ever read on this forum.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
migseattle , I'm not finding that on private md labs .. Are you referring to a different website?

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
I have it bookmarked lol.

This link takes you directly where you need to go.
Current coupon is FBCOLORS
justhere4comm , I show the female panel, but I don't show the one that includes lipids that he mentioned?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
justhere4comm , I show the female panel, but I don't show the one that includes lipids that he mentioned?
Literally called hormone panel with lipids

Includes:
Estradiol, serum;
Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Literally called hormone panel with lipids

Includes:
Estradiol, serum;
Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).
lol it literally is called that and it took me 3 times to find it. Got it. Show's $99 and I see the coupon. Once I purchase it, is there a certain time frame that I need to get to Labcorp as far as expiration?

migseattle

Awards
lol it literally is called that and it took me 3 times to find it. Got it. Show's $99 and I see the coupon. Once I purchase it, is there a certain time frame that I need to get to Labcorp as far as expiration?
That's the one, glad that you found it. Once you purchase it, the requisition papers are valid for 6 months. Go to the LabCorp site directly to find a lab and make an appointment, they have more choices than the ones listed by privatemdlabs.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry mate. Miisunserstood your dilemma.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
I thought the same. I just didn't wanna be the ass hole.
So what part of someone focusing more on health is retarded?
Even if it's not a hobby for you and you are a succeeding pro and gear is something that is less a luxury and more a necessity you cannot tell me to cheap out and skip blood work so you can take more gear.
More people need to put a fork in their mouth than a needle in them and i shake my head so much because it seems almost no one takes bloodowrk seriously.
When your insides are wrecked you can at least still look in the mirror and tell yourself you look good.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
So what part of someone focusing more on health is retarded?
Even if it's not a hobby for you and you are a succeeding pro and gear is something that is less a luxury and more a necessity you cannot tell me to cheap out and skip blood work so you can take more gear.
More people need to put a fork in their mouth than a needle in them and i shake my head so much because it seems almost no one takes bloodowrk seriously.
When your insides are wrecked you can at least still look in the mirror and tell yourself you look good.
Amen bro, I'm definitely doing bloodwork all 3 stages. I still want to live long enough to retire.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Amen bro, I'm definitely doing bloodwork all 3 stages. I still want to live long enough to retire.
In all seriousness I personally knew someone who had the genetics to be on the olympia stage and be competitive with the top 10 guys out there if he would have just given it the time it deserved but he choose to take an insane amount of crap non stop. He never got any blood work done and after his first 2 years he already wrecked a kidney and had a burned out thyroid, he took 6 months off and then got back at it and abused everything again and didn't do blood work or see a doctor and just a few weeks ago he nearly died. He's an idiot but a prime example of how we need to view the crap we take more seriously. Shame that he's all messed up now and it's also a shame because he had the rare genetics to be that big.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I get bloods done when i cycle. Its nowhere near 1k. Im currently eating 4000cal a day and its only about 100 a week, how much are u eating? Your spending about 5000 on a 12 week cycle acording to your post between food n bloods and cycle. I looked at your profile and it says your 5'8 175. Im discrediting u but if u are eating that much and running 500 doller cycles something dont add up.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
I get bloods done when i cycle. Its nowhere near 1k. Im currently eating 4000cal a day and its only about 100 a week, how much are u eating? Your spending about 5000 on a 12 week cycle acording to your post between food n bloods and cycle. I looked at your profile and it says your 5'8 175. Im discrediting u but if u are eating that much and running 500 doller cycles something dont add up.
"300-500 on a cycle"
Sorry if it was not clear, I didnt mean per week i was saying for a whole cycle id spend 300-500 bucks. Blood work throughout the entire cycle and after would be about 1k and year round I spend about 200 bucks a week on food if im dieting. From midway last year till April of this year I was hurt bad from a highway accident and physical therapy was the only form of movement I basically did, but actually saved money on food then because my diet went down the toilet because all my income went to medical bills and a lawyer.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ya i broke my ankles last year that sux. I know u ment on the whole cycle. 200 a week on food x12 weeks plus 500 on a cycle plus 1k on bloods is like 4900. If your spending 1k on bloods look around for other places to get it done. Thats crazy

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Ya i broke my ankles last year that sux. I know u ment on the whole cycle. 200 a week on food x12 weeks plus 500 on a cycle plus 1k on bloods is like 4900. If your spending 1k on bloods look around for other places to get it done. Thats crazy
Damn, sorry I took a nice nap and in my head it didn't seem like it was that expensive. I need less expensive hobbies lmao. Before I was hurt and did my first real cycle of test, eq and var I did blood work every 4 weeks and it was a 16 week cycle so that one was an easy 1k in blood work. I over pay, ik, because I'm always nervous to leave something out.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can get extensive bloods for 100 a pop. Basic **** about 50

livestrong82

Awards
Do you need to be fasting for a hormone panel blood work?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do you need to be fasting for a hormone panel blood work?
No, but if you are also getting cholesterol, glucose, etc you should be fasting. As far as hormone panel goes no it's not necessary.