Need advice for first timer

xxBetaMalexx

Awards
Hi I been lurking on this form for quite sometime. I plan on starting my first ever cycle end of this year. My question is I want to know in your opinon what would you recommend to a beginer, PH or Sarms? Thanks!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How old are you? What's your training history? What are your goals for the cycle? What are your current stats?

xxBetaMalexx

Awards
I'm 25. I started doing bicep curls at home at age of 16 with my 15 lbs dumbbell everyday. When I reach 18 I have access to my college gym and able to do other stuff. I worked out on and off for the first 3 years and blew at least $500 on Walmart supplements. I didn't really get anywhere tbh. It wasn't till my 4th year when I was 22 that I started learning about macros, push pull leg, 5x5, and Wendler's 5/3/1. It's been 3 years since then and right now I'm the strongest I've ever been. But please dont laught at my stats. I have a 3.5 inch wrist bone, weight 135 lbs, 5' 7", Asian, ectomorph/hardgainer, my recent PR is as follows:
Bench: 185 lbs x 1 and 175x5
Squat: 225 x 1 and 190 x 7
Overhead press: 120 x 1 and 110 x 7
Deadlift: 240 x 1 and 205 x 8

My goal for the cycle is to bulk to 180 lbs. My realistic goal for the cycle is to be anywhere between 145-150 lbs so gain around 10 or so pounds.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 25. I started doing bicep curls at home at age of 16 with my 15 lbs dumbbell everyday. When I reach 18 I have access to my college gym and able to do other stuff. I worked out on and off for the first 3 years and blew at least $500 on Walmart supplements. I didn't really get anywhere tbh. It wasn't till my 4th year when I was 22 that I started learning about macros, push pull leg, 5x5, and Wendler's 5/3/1. It's been 3 years since then and right now I'm the strongest I've ever been. But please dont laught at my stats. I have a 3.5 inch wrist bone, weight 135 lbs, 5' 7", Asian, ectomorph/hardgainer, my recent PR is as follows:

My goal for the cycle is to bulk to 180 lbs. My realistic goal for the cycle is to be anywhere between 145-150 lbs so gain around 10 or so pounds.
Stats aren't bad at all, nothing to be ashamed of bro. A mild ph would be a great starting place for you. Something like Sparta mass would be a great feel good cycle that will give you some added strength and weight. Have you looked into pct for after your cycle yet? If you want to keep cycle gains then a proper PCT is a must.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Good response. And glad you cleared it up at the end with a realistic number LOL. Long term goal is 180, got it!!

I would agree with Yates (obviously), a couple of Sparta Andro Phs would suit your goals well. Spartan Mass or Spartan Hard, both relatively mild yet will yield some gains. Easily maintained with a proper diet and pct.

https://spartanutrition.com/product/spartan-mass-2-bottle-combo/

https://spartanutrition.com/product/spartan-hard-2-bottle-combo/

A couple 2 bottle deals at the website ^^^, plus the code in my signature for an additional discount.

But also let me ask, what kind of gains in weight and body composition have you made naturally? You said you've discovered playing with macros, how are you currently using them to your advantage?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Something like 1-AD from Hi Tech is a good starter..

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Hi Tech uses Cyclosome delivery..bypassing liver..more potency..

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
5,7 @ 135 with 3.5 wrists is excellent bro. Nothing to be ashamed of. The PH and Sarm experienced members here will help alot esp Dma, he knows a thing or two ;)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
yates84 as well..can't forget about yates :D

xxBetaMalexx

Awards
Stats aren't bad at all, nothing to be ashamed of bro. A mild ph would be a great starting place for you. Something like Sparta mass would be a great feel good cycle that will give you some added strength and weight. Have you looked into pct for after your cycle yet? If you want to keep cycle gains then a proper PCT is a must.
I Thanks bro! Istarted looking into Spartanutrition Trojan PCT. I think I will buy and I also have optimum nutrition ZMA which i will eat before bed time. I 'm still reading on a SERM.

Good response. And glad you cleared it up at the end with a realistic number LOL. Long term goal is 180, got it!!

I would agree with Yates (obviously), a couple of Sparta Andro Phs would suit your goals well. Spartan Mass or Spartan Hard, both relatively mild yet will yield some gains. Easily maintained with a proper diet and pct.

A couple 2 bottle deals at the website ^^^, plus the code in my signature for an additional discount.

But also let me ask, what kind of gains in weight and body composition have you made naturally? You said you've discovered playing with macros, how are you currently using them to your advantage?
I started at weigh 117 pounds at age 22. Right now im 25 and at 135 lbs at maybe 1-2% bodyfat more than when i started. i didnt measure my muscle size or anything. right now im eating at maintenance which is about 2200 calories and my macros 75-85g fat, 130-140g protoins, and 230-240 carbs. i plan on slowly increasing calories each weak by 100 cal until i eat around 2700 cals for bulk. then after i buy 2 bottles spartan mass in december i go eat 3000 cals every day. do i suppose to eat 2 spartan mass pill a day?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't eat them, just swallow em with protein shakes lol

On the real though I would trust in dma and Yates for sure. I ran Hard Rock PHs my first go around (175-200 in 8 weeks) and while they're excellent products you'll be paying a pretty penny to run all the bottles needed for a 2 month cycle. I'm saving some bucks and the amount of pills I have to take a day by running Mass and then Cerberus for 8 weeks. Doses are good and value is there for sure.

Don't forget to run your staples while on either. OCT/PCT, fish oil, multi V, joint supp. Do it right and enjoy the ride.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
PS I would be remiss if I didn't mention PCT supps, I rep for BPS and we have an excellent transdermal test boost you can run in PCT, Sustain Alpha. Also I run natty anabolics in PCT, BPS has a transdermal laxogenin called Androcrine and Sparta has oral Laxo called Hercules and oral Epicat called Epicurus you can use to attempt to stabilise gains after a run. You could fill up the grand canyon with all the ins and outs of cycles and PHs and Natty anabolics so be sure to ask A LOT of questions before starting or purchasing anything.

also if you do decide to run any BPS stuff I'll PM you my rep code!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your gunna have a blast.
Good for you for being honest and seeking knowledge.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I Thanks bro! Istarted looking into Spartanutrition Trojan PCT. I think I will buy and I also have optimum nutrition ZMA which i will eat before bed time. I 'm still reading on a SERM.

I started at weigh 117 pounds at age 22. Right now im 25 and at 135 lbs at maybe 1-2% bodyfat more than when i started. i didnt measure my muscle size or anything. right now im eating at maintenance which is about 2200 calories and my macros 75-85g fat, 130-140g protoins, and 230-240 carbs. i plan on slowly increasing calories each weak by 100 cal until i eat around 2700 cals for bulk. then after i buy 2 bottles spartan mass in december i go eat 3000 cals every day. do i suppose to eat 2 spartan mass pill a day?
2 per day (recommended label dose) should suit you fine. Sounds like you're doing things right, reading, researching, not rushing into something.

Check your pm's buddy, message coming

xxBetaMalexx

Awards
Thanks for all replies and support guys! I been looking at spartan Cerberus and spartan mass. Any particlar reason why mass or Cerberus would be better than the other for first timer? I been researching a lot about 19-nor-dhea which is in both spartan products and found there not many research on the compound compare to other dhea product like 1-dhea and 4-dhea. Any input or personal experience on this specific compound would be great.

Right now I can't decide between sup3r pct and Sparta Trojan Pct. They both have similar yet very different ingredent profile. Right now I'm kinda leaning to sup3r pct due to its many great reviews and reputation.

Now I'm still researching On Cycle Support, AI, and SERM. I got your pm Dma378 . Thanks for the help bro. Once I do a bit more research I definitly hit you up about it.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Mass doesn't have Epiandro compared to Cerb so it'd probably be a "wetter stack" honestly they're both excellent stack products...

Sup3r PCT and Trojan are both excellent products my biggest difference for switching is wanting 5 pills over 10, if you look through the ingredients though you can see the if there are any advantages in one formula over the other. My only gripe with Trojan is Iike Tudca over milk thistle for liver so I'm just going to add that product separate.
yates84 and Dma378 are excellent Sparta reps AND forum members who have helped me choose my stack and could probably be more help.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
For a little guy you are moving decent weight right now man.
I would agree with these guys regarding a mild PH cycle.
I think that EATING will be your biggest help. At 135lbs you have plenty of room to grow so start packing in the calories.
As an ectomorph you will need to be eating large meals, and often. Buy a truck load of chicken, beef, eggs, rice (white is fine), and potatoes. Try to eat at least 5 oz of meat protein per meal (5 or 6 meals per day) combined with plenty of healthy fats and CARBS(80grams per meal). You can use sauce on your meats if you want to add some extra calories.
Do this and you'll see some big changes on the scale. Once you have a handle on how the food treats you than you can start to tweak your food intake. As a hard gainer I wouldn't focus on that too much right now though... just make sure you are EATING lots and you'll get your weight up no problem. If you are having a hard time eating enough calories than start making your own "weight gainer" protein shakes. A google and forum search will reveal LOTS of good recipes.

https://spartanutrition.com/product/spartan-mass-2-bottle-combo/

https://spartanutrition.com/product/spartan-hard-2-bottle-combo/

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you got the pm bro, and anytime hit me up.

As for the difference on Cerb and Mass, lifted67 already got you on that. It's basically the inclusion of Epiandro that separates Cerberus.A little added aggression, energy and muscle hardness. More of an added feeling than actual gains. Of course increased gym aggression can lead to more gains. But really man, it's a coin-toss on the 2 products. If you feel you'd like those added benefits then Cerberus would be the choice. But in terms of gains I think Mass has equal potential.

As for the pct products, I can't say a bad thing about either. You are right Sup3r PCT is a tried and true product. All we can hope is that Trojan gains the same reputation over time as it has. I do especially like Trojan's inclusion of HMB. I have used HMB in pct before and think it really helped in maintaining gains as it's anti-catabolic.

Snz101

Awards
I have the similar question, I am:

Endomorphic.
Did long distance (cross country/track), and wrestling (106lbs) for 4 years in HS and now finishing up college got into lifting.
Pretty lean body type, 21, and want to just add on muscle. Want to start on a cycle, but dont know where to start. Any and all suggestions would be awesome.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Eat, eat, and eat some more.
At 21 you should not be playing with your hormones. FOOD will put on size. Training heavy and frequently will get you where you want to go

I have the similar question, I am:

Endomorphic.
Did long distance (cross country/track), and wrestling (106lbs) for 4 years in HS and now finishing up college got into lifting.
Pretty lean body type, 21, and want to just add on muscle. Want to start on a cycle, but dont know where to start. Any and all suggestions would be awesome.

Snz101

Awards
Is there a proper age to start taking a cycle of some sort?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I would say at least 25+, I waited till after 30 myself with over 5 years serious lifting experience