Transdermal Progesterone (Cream) Differences in Site App

aquareef

Awards
I've been using this progesterone cream i bought recently (not the mexican yam version) maybe twice a week at 10mg. It's helped with controlling estrogen and in turn gyno.

I've been applying it between the legs/groin area, backs of knees, ankles, and also the chest around the nipples.

Does anyone have any info regarding what hormone progesterone preferentially turns into based on where it's applied?

i.e. Applying transdermal DHEA/pregnenolone (Dermacrine for example) to the shoulders and upper traps results in higher conversion to testosterone, while applying to other areas such as the abdominals or legs converts more readily to estrogen. Given this example, how does progesterone react on different parts of the body?

aquareef

Awards
To control BPH. There are a few other things included for prostate health in the cream as well.

A nice side effect has been reduction in gyno, and i don't need to use an AI anymore even with moderate to low caffeine intake on workout days.

Do you have any info on site application having an effect on progesterone application? (see above question/example in first post for clarification)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Various enzymes contained in the skin can cause conversions but I don't know what, if any are worth anything.

Td application is supposed to be favored for progestin cream because of lack of conversion into in wanted metabolites like would be seen via oral administration.

How long have you been using it?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
[Quote: Wikipedia]Progesterone has a number of physiological effects that are amplified in the presence ofestrogens. Estrogens through*estrogen receptors*(ERs)*upregulate*the*expression*of PRs.[29]*Also, elevated levels of progesterone potently reduce the sodium-retaining activity of aldosterone, resulting in natriuresis and a reduction in extracellular fluid volume. Progesterone withdrawal, on the other hand, is associated with a temporary increase in sodium retention (reduced natriuresis, with an increase in extracellular fluid volume) due to the compensatory increase in aldosterone production, which combats the blockade of the mineralocorticoid receptor by the previously elevated level of progesterone[/quote]

Did your doctor recommend this or?????

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I would just worry to put it in places that dont rub as much on clothing. like inside of arms and leg, behind the knee, groin area, belly (if you got flat belly) , neck?

aquareef

Awards
Blergs

The cream getting onto my clothing isn't much of an issue as i have time to let it dry, though you're right it's a worry as the stuff doesn't dry quickly.
jbryand101b

Nope my doctor didn't recommend it to me. Ive used it a total of 4 times over the past 3 or so weeks. From what i've read you're supposed to use it every day up to 10mg (1 inch of this paste) if you have a serious prostate condition.

There's all this great stuff and amazing reviews about it on the internet, but before i bought it i did more research and there are accounts of people having horrible side effects by using it daily. Apparently the stuff builds up in fat cells and can cause elevated progesterone levels for a prolonged period, even after stopping administration.

Because of this i've used it incredibly sparingly and don't use it unless i begin feeling prostate tingling, increased urination frequency, etc. Keep in mind i am on right now, hence the BPH flaring up suddenly.

It's not something i plan to use long term, but while im using it i'd rather know as much as possible about it, especially how my body absorbs it based on where i apply it.