Is Creatine necessary if you are on a cycle of Anavar?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Currently Im on a Var cycle. I ran out of Creatine. Do I need to go out and buy more creatine or just take the Var?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Always take Creatine...

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is relatively cheap to run year long, sns has some good bang for your buck creatine. Especially some sns creatine ;)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i always recommend creatine on cycle

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Currently Im on a Var cycle. I ran out of Creatine. Do I need to go out and buy more creatine or just take the Var?
why wouldent you? its cheap and helps. i take it on or off cycle IMO

hooah47

hooah47

Awards
I don't suppose I understand why you think it might not be necessary.. they do completely different things.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I don't suppose I understand why you think it might not be necessary.. they do completely different things.
Supposedly Anavar rapidly increases creatine synthesis so its best to megadose creatine on it as they are claimed to be synergistic. That's a well known thing in steroid circles. Dunno if its broscience or not but its commonly repeated.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Var increases creatine absorption so yes

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Do you need to? No. You dont need to buy supplements. Would it be beneficial? Perhaps.

We sell 1.2kg of creatine at nutraplanet for a very competitive price. I think youll be pleasantly surprised

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supposedly Anavar rapidly increases creatine synthesis so its best to megadose creatine on it as they are claimed to be synergistic. That's a well known thing in steroid circles. Dunno if its broscience or not but its commonly repeated.
Id actually never heard this, interesting!

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine actually has verifiable synergy with var, had an abstract saved a while back on that but that does not mean you definitively should run creatine with var.

I firmly believe creatine in conjunction with androgens is self defeating.

I choose NOT to run creatine while on ANY androgens as the benefits of creatine are a hundredfold more useful during PCT i.e. when its' effects on creatine saturation and strength are needed with helping with strength/LBM retention.

Think about that.

Personally, I run var with test but var stand alone has its advantages, as well.There are plenty of threads on that.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Creatine actually has verifiable synergy with var, had an abstract saved a while back on that but that does not mean you definitively should run creatine with var.

I firmly believe creatine in conjunction with androgens is self defeating.

I choose NOT to run creatine while on ANY androgens as the benefits of creatine are a hundredfold more useful during PCT i.e. when its' effects on creatine saturation and strength are needed with helping with strength/LBM retention.

Think about that.

Personally, I run var with test but var stand alone has its advantages, as well.There are plenty of threads on that.

Even if your dosing Creatine just for PCT, it doesn't make sense to not take it on cycle, as it takes weeks to fully saturate.

Creatine has many benefits. I see no reason to ever not take it...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
never stop use of creatine just because you are on cycle. keep on!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless of course you have a creatinine level of 1.5 or above which means your GFR is too low and you have stage 1 or greater renal damage. In that case, do not take creatine,

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I've been off of creatinez for a day and starting to tweak out... I need my fix...

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
what is the best amount of creatine usable by the body? i have a product which contains 3grams of creatine anhydrous per scoop. directions say one scoop per day but i was thinkn maybe one in morning and one in evening for 6 grams total for the day. what do you think?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
what is the best amount of creatine usable by the body? i have a product which contains 3grams of creatine anhydrous per scoop. directions say one scoop per day but i was thinkn maybe one in morning and one in evening for 6 grams total for the day. what do you think?

If you are already saturated, probably 2-3g.

If you aren't saturated, yet, I dont see 6g/day being bad. I'd probably only do that amount for ~3 weeks. You could just waste it much longer.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Is there a good, better or best way to take creatine? (Example: added to protein drink, just water....) Also, is there a suggested loading amount and time frame before a daily maintenance dosage begins. I am fairly new to all this stuff and am looking for some guidance. I currently add 5 grams of Creatine and 5 grams of Glutamine to my protein drink. One drink immediately following workout. One drink before bed. Any help or suggestions would be excellent. I apologize if this is in the wrong section too. I wasn't sure where to post.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Mark thank you for joining the board and asking this question.

It is perfectly fine to add it to your protein drink. You can also drink it with water on its own. You are doing it the right way. As long as you are taking it two different times per day you are good to go.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Mark thank you for joining the board and asking this question. It is perfectly fine to add it to your protein drink. You can also drink it with water on its own. You are doing it the right way. As long as you are taking it two different times per day you are good to go.
Thanks for the reply. Shall I continue at approximately 10 grams of Creatine per day or should I decrease that amount after a certain number of weeks?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Look at the label on your creatine. How many mg does it say per serving? One scoop may weigh 5 grams but there more than likely is only 3 grams of creatine per scoop. If that is the case, continue to take 2 per day. If you do in fact have 5 full grams of creatine in one scoop, no need to take two scoops.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
creatine would probably be best used in pct right? maybe start 1 week early and go 5 weeks creatine in pct

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
There is no reason NOT to take creatine if you are a healthy adult male. You only lose by not taking it.

There is no built up resistance to continually taking it, there is no need to cycle it (if you take too much, then just take less, not none at all) and it doesnt get stronger when you dont take it then take it again, its just the perceived loss and reintroduction of an essential health supplement.

"Saving" it for PCT should rather be considered shorting yourself on your cycle.... it will be JUST as effective taken throughout the entire cycle THEN PCT as it would have been taken ONLY in PCT with the exception of losing out on its benefits while on cycle.

Again, it's not overly taxing when taken in correct amounts in a healthy body so no need to cycle off. There is approx 2g Creatine in an 8oz steak, this is very literally a nutritional supplement taken to compliment what you may or may not get from your normal diet.

And there is a good/better/best way to take creatine...

as others have said, first things first, take it... that would be "Good".

Second, "Better", would be proper sourcing, dosing and timing. You want a quality creatine product to begin with, I would start with creatine monohydrate in the form of Creapure and see if your gut likes it... you get sub par creatine and it may be degraded creatinine which is useless and toxic and the main source of negative creatine comments and "side effects"... Dosing runs along the same lines. Take too much and it just turns into creatinine, bloats you excessively, causes GI distress and can strain your kidneys trying to filter out the excess. You CAN load creatine, but it honestly doesnt help much and your better off just taking the normal dose if your taking it for the long run anyways. Other that that taking 2-5g creatine monohydrate daily is MORE than enough. Timing again plays into the same story... take it alone, in water, without food. Its basically tasteless and besides a tiny amount of grit, unnoticeable in water. This will allow it to be absorbed in the gut unimpeded... THEN take in a carb meal if possible(diet allowing) to get the added effects of insulin and the help in shuttling creatine and glucose into the muscle cells along with water. Creatine taken WITH food slows the absorbtion, especially WITH carbs and can actually leave you crapping out some of your creatine... this effect isnt absolute, can be minimal depending on food content and can just result in delayed absorption over time, but isnt ideal pre or post workout when we want the increased nutrient delivery benefits of creatine.

"Best" would be taken in conjunction with other complimentary supplements... again, preferably in the absence of sugar filled carb drinks, but can still work none the less... Steroids, NO supps(nitrates, agmatine), GDA's/insulin mimicers etc. are all beneficial in helping creatine do its thing and can sometimes overcome the shortcomings of the previous guidelines, allowing larger doses, more effective smaller doses or those taken with food(still always prefer creatine alone prior to a meal)... they also improve ATP synthesis from creatine are synergistic in enhanced nutrient delivery and intracellular hydration and in turn muscle growth and strength gains...

I dont know how many times I've ranted on and on about the benefits of creatine, but Im sure you can see why...

BrianP0523

Banned
Awards
Creatine is the best. run it year-round, forever, and then run it some more.