cutting on test e

Leo87

Awards
currently cutting while on 250mg test e pw, been cutting for 6 weeks now. is it normal to not lose weight while on test e? i started at 192 and now im 195 but i look leaner and my strength is up, is it the water retention? slight muscle gains?

thanks

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
currently cutting while on 250mg test e pw, been cutting for 6 weeks now. is it normal to not lose weight while on test e? i started at 192 and now im 195 but i look leaner and my strength is up, is it the water retention? slight muscle gains? thanks
What's the mirror tell you? No one will be able to answer this for you really. If you look leaner and strength is up, I'd say it's working.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you don't have a way to test your body fat, then take measurements (waist, stomach, hips)
once a week. If you measurements go down, but the scale stays the same or even goes up,
then its a good indicator that your losing fat while possibly gaining some muscle.

Ive run 2 recomp cycles recently. First one was just above maintenance calories and gained
3-4 pounds, but my measurements stayed the same. On the 2nd cycle I ran at maintenance
calories and stayed the same weight, but lost a half inch of waist and stomach. Having my
measurements to use as an indicator helped me to conclude both cycles were successful.

Leo87

Awards
If you don't have a way to test your body fat, then take measurements (waist, stomach, hips)
once a week. If you measurements go down, but the scale stays the same or even goes up,
then its a good indicator that your losing fat while possibly gaining some muscle.

Ive run 2 recomp cycles recently. First one was just above maintenance calories and gained
3-4 pounds, but my measurements stayed the same. On the 2nd cycle I ran at maintenance
calories and stayed the same weight, but lost a half inch of waist and stomach. Having my
measurements to use as an indicator helped me to conclude both cycles were successful.
Thanks for advice. In terms of recomp do u run maintenance every day or do u for example run 5 days at a deficit and refeed for two days so u end up at maintenance calories for the week?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for advice. In terms of recomp do u run maintenance every day or do u for example run
5 days at a deficit and refeed for two days so u end up at maintenance calories for the week?
Personally, when I recomped, I ate a little above maintenance on workout days and at a deficit on non training days
Example: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday were my 4 main workout days. I ate my normal protein and fat calories
and added more carbs before and after my workouts. Then on Wed, Sat & Sun, I eliminated those extra carbs and
ran a deficit.

I seen a few schools of thought on how to do it properly. I believe what it comes down to is this. As long as the calories
add up the same, find the program that works for you. I like weekend refeeds because it gives you a chance to be
social and go out to eat with friends and family. But on the other hand, its also really hard to train during the week
when your running at a deficit. So thats why i ultimately decided to run it the way i ran it. Eating more carbs on
training days which ultimately kept my strength up and i could notice a difference in the gym.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
currently cutting while on 250mg test e pw, been cutting for 6 weeks now. is it normal to not lose weight while on test e? i started at 192 and now im 195 but i look leaner and my strength is up, is it the water retention? slight muscle gains? thanks
While your on test your body sucks up excess glycogen into your muscles. And for each gram of glycogen there is 2.7g of water is sucked in as well. That is why there is that initial weight gain.

Leo87

Awards
Personally, when I recomped, I ate a little above maintenance on workout days and at a deficit on non training days
Example: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday were my 4 main workout days. I ate my normal protein and fat calories
and added more carbs before and after my workouts. Then on Wed, Sat & Sun, I eliminated those extra carbs and
ran a deficit.

I seen a few schools of thought on how to do it properly. I believe what it comes down to is this. As long as the calories
add up the same, find the program that works for you. I like weekend refeeds because it gives you a chance to be
social and go out to eat with friends and family. But on the other hand, its also really hard to train during the week
when your running at a deficit. So thats why i ultimately decided to run it the way i ran it. Eating more carbs on
training days which ultimately kept my strength up and i could notice a difference in the gym.
how much mg of test was u on pw?