Prohormones for dummies

x5050160

Awards
So I pretty much know squat about what is good and what is not. I do mostly body weight workouts now. I want to lose weight, about 20 pounds. I weight about 205 now I am 5'9" with a 28 bmi score. Oh I am 34 years old also. I limit my calories to about 1600 a day. So what is a good starting point for me? I have done some research but everything I find reads like an advertisement.

PinkHeart

Awards
More than happy to give you the correct info you need OP.

But at 5'9 205 and only body weight excersises you are carrying a lot of fat, and the cals seem a little low so your at risk of binging.

To begin with you don't need any type of anabolic diet and training will suffice for now.

Are you going to join a gym anytime soon?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1600 calories is way to low for someone 209lbs. You may have crashed your metabolism
and thats why weight has stopped coming off.

What's your diet like..?

Tbol

Awards
These guys make good points. Learn more about weight training and dieting. Then head to the AM supplement section to learn what can help with training and dieting. Learn to walk before you run Grasshopper. I know, cause I started incorrectly in the Anabolic section myself!!

x5050160

Awards
I am carrying some fat, not all of it is fat though. When I was 22 I was at 135lbs soaking wet. I started lifting at a gym and went from 135lbs to 200 in about 20 months with nothing but 9000 calories a day, some NoXplode, lots of multivitamins, and heavy weight. I stayed at this weight and at the gym for a total of six years and I quit going to the gym regularly in 2009. So its been a good 5 years now between any real training and now, with some messing around in the gym in between. I know that my diet sucks sometimes I usually snack from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm then have dinner around 4:30 pm. Snacks are usually fruit yogurt and peanut butter on whole wheat. Dinner varies sometimes it's clean calories or other times its pizza and chicken wings. I also try to make it a point to limit my salt intake. I have been driving a truck OTR for the last year and that is a major decrease in activity level. Now I'm working at a retail auto parts store so I have had a decent rise in my activity level as of late.
I hope this provides you guys and gals with a little bit better background. I'm not trying to get shredded or really to lose a bunch of weight. My goal is to turn this fat back into muscle without much loss in weight and get to around 230lbs in 2 years.

Abadjiev

Abadjiev

Awards
I am carrying some fat, not all of it is fat though. When I was 22 I was at 135lbs soaking wet. I started lifting at a gym and went from 135lbs to 200 in about 20 months with nothing but 9000 calories a day, some NoXplode, lots of multivitamins, and heavy weight. I stayed at this weight and at the gym for a total of six years and I quit going to the gym regularly in 2009. So its been a good 5 years now between any real training and now, with some messing around in the gym in between. I know that my diet sucks sometimes I usually snack from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm then have dinner around 4:30 pm. Snacks are usually fruit yogurt and peanut butter on whole wheat. Dinner varies sometimes it's clean calories or other times its pizza and chicken wings. I also try to make it a point to limit my salt intake. I have been driving a truck OTR for the last year and that is a major decrease in activity level. Now I'm working at a retail auto parts store so I have had a decent rise in my activity level as of late.
I hope this provides you guys and gals with a little bit better background. I'm not trying to get shredded or really to lose a bunch of weight. My goal is to turn this fat back into muscle without much loss in weight and get to around 230lbs in 2 years.
You can't "turn your fat back into muscle," brotha.

Your caloric intake is too low. Your body is clinging to everything you give it. You need probably another 800-1000kcals/day just to start. Now, don't just jump into that, but incrementally add cals each day over the course of a week or so.

Your NEAT, what you expend through your day calorically, is not the issue. Your diet is.

Find a lifting program/routine and stick to it for SIX whole months. You'll see some muscle gain and recomposition and just be back in the flow of training. Find something that works for you and your schedule.

Good luck and hard work!