Another cutting on epistane question! Please help

quik_tongue

Awards
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question about cutting on epistane which I will be doing in a month. I calculated my daily maintence cals to be about 3100. How low can I drop my cals while cutting on epistane to preserve the muscle? I know there is no magic number but just would like to hear some input or suggestions on how long I can drop it? Not terribly concerned with adding muscle (although it's always nice). More concerned to drop a ton of body fat and preserve what I have.

Also, I was planning on working up to 50mg a day. If I'm just using epistane as a cutter, would it be better to go down to 40 or even 30 mg and make the cycle longer? Again, looking for any input on this!

Thanks a ton!

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Ussually you have to around -500 cals under your maitenance to do a cut,

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
5 weeks at 40 sounds decent. 500 under maintenance.

But we should probably hear your stats first.

Age? Cycle history, height? Weight? Nutrition? What routine are you planning on running?

quik_tongue

Awards
5 weeks at 40 sounds decent. 500 under maintenance.

But we should probably hear your stats first.

Age? Cycle history, height? Weight? Nutrition? What routine are you planning on running?
25 years old. 5'10 about 191. Currently have more bf that's why I'm cutting down before my cycle. If need be, I'll cut abit longer and save the epi for when I'm ready.
Nutrition is fairly clean. I can't be too involved with it at the moment just due to school. That's also why Im waiting til after to do the cycle to give all my focus on it and my diet. When I cut though, my diets on point. Carb cycle works well with me.
History. I ran epistane oct nov last year. Pretty good results but I ran it more of a bulk.

Routine I'm not sure yet. Usually run a heavy 5x3 or 5x5 during a cut to maintain mass, but now if I'm on epi, maybe a higher volume split?
Any suggestions on what type of training to run on a cal deficiet epi cut?

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I'd keep with the 5x5. I'd run The epi for 5-6 weeks at 500 below. But make sure your all in, no half assed cycles. Eat clean train hard.

I'd wait a few weeks anyways though. Use the cycle at the tail end of your cut so you can maintain during pct.

quik_tongue

Awards
Perfect. Exactly what I needed to know. I'll save the cycle for later into my cut.
And will do in regards to the all in!

Much appreciated.

SPS

Awards
  • Established
If I am cutting hard I will average 500 cal deficit but throw in a couple days here and there that are between 800-600 cal deficit, probably not for everyone but I like it. This your first cycle? I remember when those hcg diets were popular and people would only eat 500 cals a day. I always wanted to try that for a week while on sd, I bet you could get shredded like crazy if you could handle the hunger, not that I would recommend trying it.

Nevermind just saw its not your first

AwhYeah

AwhYeah

Banned
Awards
You could get away with sub 2,000kcals on non-workout days. I would say 2,200-2,500kcals on workout days so you heal. You can cut hard on prohormones; I just did it.