Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
I Homebrewed some prop

100mg/ml.
Soy oil
5% BA
15%BB

It was brewed using a 10g kit. It was painful at first but i quickly got used to it and was mostly painfree.

Now i am on my second cycle and needed to brew another batch with a few modifications.

Safflower oil from the grocery.
(Heated before and after brewing)
5% BA
20%BB

This new batch is painful as hell and leaves my glute swollen bigtime. My whole glute feels like it is fully flexed for a week following the injection of 150mg and i cant even sleep it is so painful.

I have used as low as 50mg and received a milder yet unacceptable reaction.

I still have my old bottle and have switched back to it but it is only enough for another couple of weeks.

Do you think i am having a reaction to the safflower oil?
Would the extra BB cause this?

I am at a loss here?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
5%ba is high for my tastes. i prefer 3%, and 15%BB, respectively

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks for the replies.

I have been unbder the impression that the extended pain was because the prop powder would recrystallize and irritate the muscle tissue. I have read that this was due to the fast absorption of the solvent leaving the powder behind.

The reason i went with a higher BB percentage was because i read a post by a knowledgeable member( i cannot find the thread or board to save my soul) which claimed 20% BB would help the prop stay in solution once the BA has been absorbed.

Are you guys saying the solvent can cause pain and swelling that lingers for a week. I have always assumed the solvent would be absorbed much faster than that.

I guess i am just confused.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies.

I have been unbder the impression that the extended pain was because the prop powder would recrystallize and irritate the muscle tissue. I have read that this was due to the fast absorption of the solvent leaving the powder behind.

The reason i went with a higher BB percentage was because i read a post by a knowledgeable member( i cannot find the thread or board to save my soul) which claimed 20% BB would help the prop stay in solution once the BA has been absorbed.

Are you guys saying the solvent can cause pain and swelling that lingers for a week. I have always assumed the solvent would be absorbed much faster than that.

I guess i am just confused.
Its a balancing act. too much solvent causes more pain then it cures, not enough and you can fall out of solutions.

Two things you can do to help here.

1st bake it.
2nd get some sterile oil and delute it.

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
So do you guys think i should use a different oil or try the safflower again with a lower solvent level?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I prefer conola oil for prop, but grapeseed, cotton seed and sesme seed are excelent choices. 3 and 12% BA and BB should be all you need for prop.

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
[font=&quot]I have nearly no pain at 20%bb, 5%ba with a 450mg/ml blend of long acting esters.. I agree with Skye that it is indeed a balancing act and you may just have more sensitivity to the given solvents; unfortunately the only way to know for sure is through trial and error. If you haven’t used a sterile filter, (I'd recommend a .2 whatman for store-bought oils,) you could be experiencing pain from either a mild infection or impurities that are irritating the muscle as well..
[/font]

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
I prefer conola oil for prop, but grapeseed, cotton seed and sesme seed are excelent choices. 3 and 12% BA and BB should be all you need for prop.
Do you mean canola oil from the grocery? If so, I will brew up a new batch tonight and try a lower solvent level, 3% and 12% as you recommend.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
be sure you use the .2 filter, as oil in stores isn't USP grade

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Both BA and BB are extremely irritating to tissues. The BB isn't actually staying in the muscle for a week, but it can cause an inflammatory reaction which will take quite some time to rectify itself. I'd suggest dropping the BB concentration down to no higher than 15%.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
bleh my stuff from mexico has made my ass hurt like a bitch... i cant bitch at myself because i didnt make it lol... last time i do an ass shot with this **** tho...

i used Dazed's kit and it was painfree prop... easiest injections i ever did

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
I too can attest to Dazed's oil being tops. :thumbsup:
Totally painless ! :run:

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean canola oil from the grocery? If so, I will brew up a new batch tonight and try a lower solvent level, 3% and 12% as you recommend.
USP grade is better. I will admit to using grocery store oil but I am very careful about it. Almost all have some sort of additives or have been processed is some way. I use the Loriva Canola oil on this account and because it seams to work well with test base (I make my prop 100mg prop, 50mg test base), for me at any rate. If you do use grocery store oil then don't be cheap and get the good stuff that you know what it is.

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
USP grade is better. I will admit to using grocery store oil but I am very careful about it. Almost all have some sort of additives or have been processed is some way. I use the Loriva Canola oil on this account and because it seams to work well with test base (I make my prop 100mg prop, 50mg test base), for me at any rate. If you do use grocery store oil then don't be cheap and get the good stuff that you know what it is.
F*** it! I am going to order some cottonseed oil from lemelange. I dont want to waste another batch of powder.

I appreciate all the help guys.

I will try and dilute the painful batch at a later date , but for now i need some decent oil.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I too will admit to using grocery bought oil. But as said, don't go for the totally cheap crap. I only used organic oil (safflower, sunflower or canola) and make sure you filter it. Some places on the web give instructions for making gear without filtering it......I definately wouldn't recommend injecting something that wasn't filtered first.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It's not the high BB that does it. If you look on a bottle of Depo, it's 20%BB and you can shoot 3ml of that in anything and it won't hurt. So I don't buy that argument. Also, think twice about cottonseed.