first time test cyp user

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just prescriped test cyp by my doc for low test. i am only 22 but have test in the mid 200s, we have tried many things and clomid worked a little but only got me up to this level.....my script is for 100mg per week

Today was my first injection. I did it myself at the doctors office in my thigh. As soon as i put it in my leg i almost felt it going throughout my leg. Other than that i felt ok. The nurse wanted to have me sit on the table for a while jsut to make sure i didnt have an allergic reaction or anything....well, once i got on the table i began feelin ery liht headed andpassed out......my leg is still bothering me now as well.

Any idea why this happened? do you think its a reaction to the test or just hte whole situation? Thanks for any input

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
also, figuring eeryone works out, when is the best time to inject? if there is one....pre workout post workout? before bed?

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your nerves got the best of you. I can inject 3 times in 3 minutes and make breakfast at the same time. You will get used to it.

At your dose the injection time is irrelevant. I know fitness girls on more T than that.

TFlifting

Awards
Sounds like your nerves got the best of you. I can inject 3 times in 3 minutes and make breakfast at the same time. You will get used to it.

At your dose the injection time is irrelevant. I know fitness girls on more T than that.
Hahaha hey give him a break first injection is nerve wracking... I remember I was very very shaky first injection, start to perspire more, just strange. Anyways yeah that low test is nothing

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I have almost the same test level as you (I'm 40 though)...they want me on 100mg max per week, that seems like its not even worth it...how the F is that gonna bring you up from 200-300 levels? makes no sense. why they prescribe 100mg per week is beyond me, should be minimum of 200mg per week. I suppose if after several months the test level does not improve to at least 5-600 they might bump you up....but I'm not even sure of that. and they wonder why people just stockpile TRT test and make a cycle out of it.....

TFlifting

Awards
I have almost the same test level as you (I'm 40 though)...they want me on 100mg max per week, that seems like its not even worth it...how the F is that gonna bring you up from 200-300 levels? makes no sense. why they prescribe 100mg per week is beyond me, should be minimum of 200mg per week. I suppose if after several months the test level does not improve to at least 5-600 they might bump you up....but I'm not even sure of that. and they wonder why people just stockpile TRT test and make a cycle out of it.....
Yeah I can see logic in 200-300 test but not 100 like come on

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah I can see logic in 200-300 test but not 100 like come on
i guess either A) just give up straightaway and stockpile it/cycle it like normal time on/off time style or B) shoot it up as they recommend, prove to them it doesn't work at that dosage with blood work, then get bumped up hopefully to 200mg or C) take the 100mg per week, supplement it with a topical test booster like a dermacrine and maybe that combo might be effective. I'm not sure how many times they blood test you in one year to check your levels? that will dictate what method will be most effective.... never done it before. I assume they monitor you at least 4 times a year with blood work.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My docs have never prescribed less than 200mg Cyp weekly.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
My docs have never prescribed less than 200mg Cyp weekly.
the nurse (or whoever is in charge there) led me to believe the "norm" for them is once per month injections of 100 or 200mg....but then she said depending on how low the test level is they can do twice a month injections at 100 or 200mg....so that equates to max of 100mg per week essentially. nonsense, but its hard to explain this to them since they obviously do not comprehend the necessary mg amounts and weekly injections required to bring someone up to mid normal levels at least. just do the math and you can figure this out. I requested a referral to an endo, but they insisted they do it in house at the primary/GP office. I believe we will have a disagreement though when i talk to them next, because that is ludicrous, 100mg per week. I think an endo will know that 200mg plus per week is required. at least I hope so anyways.....

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the nurse (or whoever is in charge there) led me to believe the "norm" for them is once per month injections of 100 or 200mg....but then she said depending on how low the test level is they can do twice a month injections at 100 or 200mg....so that equates to max of 100mg per week essentially. nonsense, but its hard to explain this to them since they obviously do not comprehend the necessary mg amounts and weekly injections required to bring someone up to mid normal levels at least. just do the math and you can figure this out. I requested a referral to an endo, but they insisted they do it in house at the primary/GP office. I believe we will have a disagreement though when i talk to them next, because that is ludicrous, 100mg per week. I think an endo will know that 200mg plus per week is required. at least I hope so anyways.....
200 per week is standard to start but once your blood androgen levels build they like to back you off. I always go in 8 days from my last inject so my levels are always normal.

TFlifting

Awards
My test cyp vials are doses way higher than that.. (350mg/ml) brb doing 0.3ml shots... -.-

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kretz,

Sounds like you had a vasovagal response. How soon after the injection did you faint? I've seen the same exact thing happen right in front of me with my brother. Dad (physician) brought home some flu shots. Gave one in my brothers arm while he was standing. About a minute later his pupils got real big and he took two steps and passed out.

Read up on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

Look at causes to the reaction. You seem to fit the criteria for "any painful or unpleasant stimuli: Watching or experiencing medical procedures."

Hope that helps explain it. I would think you'd adjust to that over time.

DJ

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kretz,

Sounds like you had a vasovagal response. How soon after the injection did you faint? I've seen the same exact thing happen right in front of me with my brother. Dad (physician) brought home some flu shots. Gave one in my brothers arm while he was standing. About a minute later his pupils got real big and he took two steps and passed out.

Read up on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

Look at causes to the reaction. You seem to fit the criteria for "any painful or unpleasant stimuli: Watching or experiencing medical procedures."

Hope that helps explain it. I would think you'd adjust to that over time.

DJ
thanks so much....hopefully this is all it was, we will find out monday when i go in for another shot, now im all worried though....i also did not feel right all day yest and my le bothered me all night, leg doesnt bother me today but i felt a little wierd this morning still

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i guess either A) just give up straightaway and stockpile it/cycle it like normal time on/off time style or B) shoot it up as they recommend, prove to them it doesn't work at that dosage with blood work, then get bumped up hopefully to 200mg or C) take the 100mg per week, supplement it with a topical test booster like a dermacrine and maybe that combo might be effective. I'm not sure how many times they blood test you in one year to check your levels? that will dictate what method will be most effective.... never done it before. I assume they monitor you at least 4 times a year with blood work.
i go back in 5 weeks for test results, im doin 100mg per week, do you think a otc test booster woudl help though with being shut down? i also am secondary hypogonadism sooooo i dunno...i mena i want alot of test and dont wanna wait lol, i want to jsut take twise the amount (200mgs) but with what hapened the other day i dont think ill be able to inject myself so my mom will probably be injecting me and she wont let me do more im sure of it :-(

lboston

lboston

Awards
My natty levels are around 180 ng/dl and 100mg every 6 days and I was 899 on my last bloodwork. I was pleasantly surprised!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My last endo started me on 125mg but id go in 4-5 days after last shot like he asked for blood work and would get 1000-1200s for test. My red blood cell would raise so id have to donate blood every 8 weeks. Backed me off to 100mg blood work would show 800-900s. Back off more to 75mg. Not until my current doc where he wanted me to test 6-7 days after. Blood work came back at 200. So not all docs, even endo truely understand. Raised it to 100mg again and will move further ahead after 3 monthes. They usually test 2-4 times a year based on if your stable or not. However on a positive my pharmacy requires me to get a 10ml bottle every 28 days, bc apparently the new standard for depo is they dont stand behind their product after being open for 28 days. Which leaves me with 6mls of oil to do with as I please. Just a heads up.

napalm

napalm

Awards
My natty levels are around 180 ng/dl and 100mg every 6 days and I was 899 on my last bloodwork. I was pleasantly surprised!
wow, i've been on 100/week and just got back from the endo. my test was 342 6 days after my injection. he bumped me up to 150/week

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i go back in 5 weeks for test results, im doin 100mg per week, do you think a otc test booster woudl help though with being shut down? i also am secondary hypogonadism sooooo i dunno...i mena i want alot of test and dont wanna wait lol, i want to jsut take twise the amount (200mgs) but with what hapened the other day i dont think ill be able to inject myself so my mom will probably be injecting me and she wont let me do more im sure of it :-(
You should be fine, my blood work after 4 or so days shows 900s for test. Id just keep an eye on ur free test and dhea.

lboston

lboston

Awards
You should be fine, my blood work after 4 or so days shows 900s for test. Id just keep an eye on ur free test and dhea.
What can it do to DHEA? Never really heard much about this, but my levels of DHEA are off the charts low.

lboston

lboston

Awards
wow, i've been on 100/week and just got back from the endo. my test was 342 6 days after my injection. he bumped me up to 150/week
I did have T pellets put in a while ago. They may not be all the way gone, but I'm hoping so!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what other supplements would u advise taking while on these injections just for general health purposes and for helping side effects? also it is good to know that i could possibly have high levels just from this dose.....when i get my bloodwork i was instructed to have the test done 3 days after injection......should i wait alittle bit longer? of do u think this will give an accurrate reading

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what other supplements would u advise taking while on these injections just for general health purposes and for helping side effects? also it is good to know that i could possibly have high levels just from this dose.....when i get my bloodwork i was instructed to have the test done 3 days after injection......should i wait alittle bit longer? of do u think this will give an accurrate reading
If I wait 3 days after my last shot of 100mg my blood work shows at about 1000. Some docs say 3-4 days some say after a week. Test cyp has a 14 day half life. When you do your shot your levels will spike then slowly come down. Levels will be much lower 6-7 day then 3. I still dont know which method is correct. Someone may be able to advise better as what is more accurate. Keep an eye on estrogen and dhea.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What can it do to DHEA? Never really heard much about this, but my levels of DHEA are off the charts low.
Not sure, but after my last bloodwork and seeing my DHEA at 180ish again for the 4-5th time I decided to mention it to my doc. He simply said "oh that is pretty low, go ahead and start supplementing with 25mg DHEA a day and we will bring that up as needed to get you around 500-600." None of my other docs ever mentioned it. After a week on 25mg DHEA my libido finally came up some. Its an important adrenal hormone. Id prefer topical but its to expensive for me.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
My last endo started me on 125mg but id go in 4-5 days after last shot like he asked for blood work and would get 1000-1200s for test. My red blood cell would raise so id have to donate blood every 8 weeks. Backed me off to 100mg blood work would show 800-900s. Back off more to 75mg. Not until my current doc where he wanted me to test 6-7 days after. Blood work came back at 200. So not all docs, even endo truely understand. Raised it to 100mg again and will move further ahead after 3 monthes. They usually test 2-4 times a year based on if your stable or not. However on a positive my pharmacy requires me to get a 10ml bottle every 28 days, bc apparently the new standard for depo is they dont stand behind their product after being open for 28 days. Which leaves me with 6mls of oil to do with as I please. Just a heads up.
well in my case I got the bad news this morning, they said I don't qualify for injections whether 100 or 200mg or any mg....they said androgel or nothing....despite my test level being 290....they said I was asymptomatic (I did not complain about libido or lethargy, but nor did they ask...half ass all the way there), and of course visual inspection they see a pretty muscular guy with relatively decent BF so they don't see the muscle wasting or female fat distribution. pissed me off, but i'll play along....what I was thinking (along the lines of lou's DHEA protocol) was to use the androgel in concert with a topical DHEA such as androenhance or dermacrine to get a double whammy of both DHEA conversion to test plus ACTUAL test from the gel....and of course cycle some DAA/NMDA or other test booster for a third avenue. the androgel is covered by my insurance with a copay (I hope $40) and the test boosters are dirt cheap, the AE is pricey but the derma is pretty cheap. I'll run the androgel with dermacrine and some DAA and go back in 6 weeks to get a hormonal panel done. see what happens.....but yeah my doc is my primary, a GP...I requested to see an endocrinologist but they said no we will do it in office. well then they kind of fuqed me over of course....but I'll give it a fair shot and see what happens with the gel plus topical and test booster....maybe I also will be pleasantly surprised? at least with the gel they say if you discontinue it you go back to your (low) baseline, with injections I'm sure there are more repercussions and you are on it for life....

lboston

lboston

Awards
Not sure, but after my last bloodwork and seeing my DHEA at 180ish again for the 4-5th time I decided to mention it to my doc. He simply said "oh that is pretty low, go ahead and start supplementing with 25mg DHEA a day and we will bring that up as needed to get you around 500-600." None of my other docs ever mentioned it. After a week on 25mg DHEA my libido finally came up some. Its an important adrenal hormone. Id prefer topical but its to expensive for me.
Never even thought about that. Do you have any concerns about it converting to estrogen?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Never even thought about that. Do you have any concerns about it converting to estrogen?
yeah for real, I'll be on some sort of AI or anti-estrogen of some sort for damn sure :D even if its natty like erase or whatever, or an RC AI...with all that DHEA floating around, plus exogenous testosterone...sounds like a formula for estrogen trouble in some....

lboston

lboston

Awards
yeah for real, I'll be on some sort of AI or anti-estrogen of some sort for damn sure :D even if its natty like erase or whatever, or an RC AI...with all that DHEA floating around, plus exogenous testosterone...sounds like a formula for estrogen trouble in some....
No doubt. Even on 100mg a week, I'm afraid I'm going to wake up with titties one day!

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
No doubt. Even on 100mg a week, I'm afraid I'm going to wake up with titties one day!
that is a valid concern in my book. Thats the first thing I think about when messing with test or DHEA or any of it....although its said that low dose test like the 100mg per week injections, the gel, etc....mostly will convert to DHT if anything. not sure if that is the case or not, but the DHEA sure could convert to estrogen if its straight up DHEA.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so would u suggest supplementing dhea and erase?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
so would u suggest supplementing dhea and erase?
I'm thinking transdermal/topical type DHEA/pregnenolone/anti-estrogens (such as dermacrine). I would not take the DHEA pills you get at walmart, that being said I will be using several of the PP androseries product just so happens in the next 3-4 months, so that will be a source of oral DHEA there. Right now though I will try androgel plus dermacrine, with DAA (which is a test booster you take in caps or powder if you weren't familiar with it). I figure transdermal DHEA will convert to test, DAA will provide natural test production to increase, and the low dose test injections or gel will provide actual test. so yeah, I'd go with the test + DAA (or test booster of your choice) + transdermal DHEA of some sort. hit it from all angles since you are lowballing the test....with moderate to high test injections? this is all total bullshyt and a moot point...but I bet it will be beneficial with the low dose test.

P.S.: and yeah I'd use some sort of AI like erase or whatever, but I'm sensitive to estrogen...not sure about you?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Try not to worry about it bro, I had the same concerns when i was started on cyp. I had no issues at all, when he upped me to 150, I asked him if I should be worried about aromitization and he said no. He's been spot in so far so I'll respect his opinion.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Try not to worry about it bro, I had the same concerns when i was started on cyp. I had no issues at all, when he upped me to 150, I asked him if I should be worried about aromitization and he said no. He's been spot in so far so I'll respect his opinion.
Thanks man. I occasionally cycle PES erase just for comfort. Like your doc said, on that low of dose, needing a manzier isn't that likely....still, any educated guy on the subject still had a fear of ending up looking like Bob from Fight Club!

Do you use/ have you used DHEA ad well?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks man. I occasionally cycle PES erase just for comfort. Like your doc said, on that low of dose, needing a manzier isn't that likely....still, any educated guy on the subject still had a fear of ending up looking like Bob from Fight Club!

Do you use/ have you used DHEA ad well?
It's called THE BRO... Lol

No, haven't thought about DHEA yet, but I started thinking about erase last night.

I try to keep the thing going in my body to a minimum. That way it's easier to attribute gains (or no gains) to a particular variable.

Good luck!

lboston

lboston

Awards
It's called THE BRO... Lol

No, haven't thought about DHEA yet, but I started thinking about erase last night.

I try to keep the thing going in my body to a minimum. That way it's easier to attribute gains (or no gains) to a particular variable.

Good luck!
Lol--must be a Seinfeld fan!

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah like i was alluding to earlier...low dose test should equate to test/DHT and not estrogen...but the DHEA needs to monitored for sure. This is why most transdermal DHEA products include some sort of anti estrogen. Plus guys with low T would probably benefit from an OTC AI anyways. I bet in most cases there is higher estrogen accompanying the low T. Even though these fckfaces won't test for estrogen half the time on insurance because "you're not a woman".

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
They run seinfeld reruns on DTV at 2 AM ....i watch them as i try to fall asleep. Good shyt ....esp the episode where George does "the opposite" of everything and gets the hot girl and good job etc lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what bout 7-keto dha, cuz i have some of that and a little tight on budget to buy demacrine..............also, with taking erase, again it only lastsz so long , is it relaly a lon term type of thing cuz this test probaby is long term u know what i mean, im dnot gona be able to buy bottles upon bottles of erase and demacrine

lboston

lboston

Awards
They run seinfeld reruns on DTV at 2 AM ....i watch them as i try to fall asleep. Good shyt ....esp the episode where George does "the opposite" of everything and gets the hot girl and good job etc lol
Hahaha. One of my faves man.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
what bout 7-keto dha, cuz i have some of that and a little tight on budget to buy demacrine..............also, with taking erase, again it only lastsz so long , is it relaly a lon term type of thing cuz this test probaby is long term u know what i mean, im dnot gona be able to buy bottles upon bottles of erase and demacrine
I hear you...i got money to buy this stuff....but damn i don't need to be blowing 40 bucks on dermacrine and whatever copay on my Rx and another 30 bucks for AI every 4-6 weeks.....what i will do is stay on *whatever test they prescribe* plus cycle the transdermal and AI more for off time....then if cycling whatever...just cycle it w/o the derma or AI...or just cycle the derma time on = time off. At your weight minimum pumps are recommended anyways. Or hell ...just pick up cheap oral DHEA at walmart if you have to. But AI and transdermals can be cycled ....youd just be minus the additional test boost when off the derma. Best case is to stay on 365 of course...but nobody is made of $$$. Cheap oral DHEA might work for you though ...give that a shot and see what type of increase it gives you on bloods

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
m doc only tests for test and lh, fsh which sux cuz id like to knwo dhea and estrogen

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i honestly dont know what to do at this point, i hae erase and 7-keto dhea pills........

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
m doc only tests for test and lh, fsh which sux cuz id like to knwo dhea and estrogen
i honestly dont know what to do at this point, i hae erase and 7-keto dhea pills........
mine too...and you have a legit medical condition, not just low test, you'd figure they'd want to help you out right? stupid MFckers, the people on this board do more to help you out than the goddamn doctor....makes me sick. would it kill them to test for estrogen? Christ on a crutch :D 7 keto is DHEA but I don't know how effective it will be at boosting DHEA or test levels....erase is perfect for an AI...do you work? make your own money? if so just get what you need, even if its oral DHEA pills on the cheap. or tell your mother you need some damn dermacrine for your health....you'll actually be telling her the truth. don't tell her I told you to try and triple dose your test boost though, I get in enough trouble around here without moms on my ass LOL...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes i work.... u think i shoudl try to take alittle more than the 100 mgs per week? so u think teh dermacrine is the mostimportant thin out of all of those? i jsut find it weird to take a test booster while takin test, thanks for all the help, this is a crazy time for me right now

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yes i work.... u think i shoudl try to take alittle more than the 100 mgs per week? so u think teh dermacrine is the mostimportant thin out of all of those? i jsut find it weird to take a test booster while takin test, thanks for all the help, this is a crazy time for me right now
if you could get 200mg per week, I'd say that is legit and don't bother with anything else (unless you really want to add in more test then go for it)....I am just getting on the damn androgel so I really need to bump it up with the dermacrine. The derma/DHEA will convert to test in your body, while the exogenous shots of test you get (or gel) are just that...from outside the body, and the test boosters (such as DAA) are dirt cheap and should boost up your natural test level (since you are on low dose test, 100mg per week is pretty low and the gel is def low dose). I can't tell you that this combo will work, its just one of my many "idea's" I come up with. you gotta take what your given, then figure out how to make it work...adapt to the situation you know? but damn, oral DHEA and DAA are about the cheapest things around nowadays other than caffeine pills :D

lboston

lboston

Awards
In all honesty man I wouldn't add in anything right now if you want an honest assessment of how the treatment is working for you. You've had one shot, right? It can take around 4 weeks for the shots to get a relatively stable level of blood plasma levels.

If you start adding in other things to boos your test then you really won't know you're effective dose. You may respond well to 100mg and be good to go on that. You may bump it up an then end up with some Tatas...you really don't know unless you get the bloodwork.

If anything, I'd maybe use a low dose of erase to modulate the T to E ratio a bit. Other than that I'd leave it alone until after you get some bloodwork.

Just my two cents.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah best to get baseline levels on the test alone after several months....but im an old impatient bastard who wants to jack the damn test up NOW!!!! this one goes to 11 :D....but for kretz...he probably should wait till later to incorporate the DHEA and test boosters. Plus im on the pissant gel....he is on 100mg shots...i need extra assistance ...he may not...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I was just prescriped test cyp by my doc for low test. i am only 22 but have test in the mid 200s, we have tried many things and clomid worked a little but only got me up to this level.....my script is for 100mg per week

Today was my first injection. I did it myself at the doctors office in my thigh. As soon as i put it in my leg i almost felt it going throughout my leg. Other than that i felt ok. The nurse wanted to have me sit on the table for a while jsut to make sure i didnt have an allergic reaction or anything....well, once i got on the table i began feelin ery liht headed andpassed out......my leg is still bothering me now as well.

Any idea why this happened? do you think its a reaction to the test or just hte whole situation? Thanks for any input
Lololol just found your thread here. Im honest to god not loling at you. I did the same thing the second time i pinned. First time i was nervous and all went well aside from shaky hands. Second time i was like this is cake. Jabbed. Pushed 2mls. Pulled the pin. Heard a splash and something warm on my leg... blood everywhere! Down i went. It gets better.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lololol just found your thread here. Im honest to god not loling at you. I did the same thing the second time i pinned. First time i was nervous and all went well aside from shaky hands. Second time i was like this is cake. Jabbed. Pushed 2mls. Pulled the pin. Heard a splash and something warm on my leg... blood everywhere! Down i went. It gets better.
thanks for the support!monday should be interesting.....do u think the fact that i had not eatin anythign played a factor, since i do IF style diet ?