Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

July 26, 2012

Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012 Introduced; Would Bulk Up Federal Anabolic Steroid Controls

By Larry K. Houck ?

Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Sheldon Whitehorse (D-RI) introduced legislation on July 25, 2012, that would amend the definition of ?anabolic steroid? under the Federal Controlled Substances Act (?CSA?) and expressly add twenty-seven additional anabolic steroids to schedule III. The proposed ?Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012? (S. 3431) (?2012 Act?) would significantly increase Drug Enforcement Administration (?DEA?) control over drugs and substances that meet anabolic steroid criteria. If enacted, the 2012 Act would be the third major federal legislative action impacting anabolic steroids since 1990. Congress passed the Anabolic Steroid Control Acts of 1990 and 2004 that placed certain anabolic steroids into schedule III of the CSA, expanding DEA?s authority to regulate such substances.

Passage of the 2012 Act would similarly add twenty-seven anabolic steroids, their salts and esters, to schedule III of the CSA. Placement of anabolic steroids in schedule III subjects manufacturers, distributors, dispensers such as pharmacies and physicians, importers, exporters, and anyone in possession of the scheduled anabolic steroids to the applicable provisions of the CSA and its implementing regulations that establish registration, recordkeeping/reporting and security requirements as well as administrative, civil and criminal sanctions.

The 2012 Act would expand the definition of anabolic steroids to include a drug or hormonal substance (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids and dehydroepiandrosterone) ?derived from, or has a chemical structure substantially similar to? anabolic steroids listed under the CSA if: the drug or substance has been created or manufactured with the intent of producing a drug or other substance that promotes muscle growth or causes a pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone; or the drug or substance has been, or is intended to be marketed or otherwise promoted in a manner suggesting that consumption will promote muscle growth or any pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone. The 2012 Act would exclude herbs and other botanicals, ?a concentrate, metabolite, or extract of, or a constituent isolated directly from? herbs or botanicals that are dietary ingredients for purposes of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.

The 2012 Act would also authorize DEA to issue a temporary order for up to two years (that could be extended six additional months) adding a drug or other substance to the list of anabolic steroids in schedule III if it finds that the drug or substance satisfies the Act?s criteria as an anabolic steroid. Adding the drug or substance to the list of anabolic steroids ?will assist in preventing the unlawful importation, manufacture, distribution, or dispensing of such drug or other substance.? The Act would also consider a drug or other substance not temporarily or permanently listed as an anabolic steroid in any criminal, civil or administrative proceeding arising under the CSA that satisfies the anabolic steroid criteria. This could occur if, for example, such product was promoted for muscle growth. The Act would also require anabolic steroids and products containing anabolic steroids to bear a label identifying such contents. Lastly, the Act would also subject violators to specific civil and/or criminal penalties including up to $500,000 per violation and imprisonment of up to ten years.

DEA Deputy Assistant Administrator Joseph Rannazzisi, stated in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs, ?[t]he use of anabolic steroids or dietary supplements that contain anabolic steroids or designer steroids, in high doses that boost, alter or derive from testosterone may trigger numerous adverse health effects in the human body including liver toxicity, baldness, uncontrolled rage and heart attacks.?

The Council for Responsible Nutrition and American Herbal Products Association have issued statements endorsing the measure (here and here).

The 2012 Act has been referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary.

http://www.fdalawblog.net/fda_law_bl...roid-cont.html

Compounds to be added to the banned list;

5α-Androstan-3,6,17-trione;
Androst-4-ene-3,6,17-trione;
Androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione;
6-bromo-androstan-3,17-dione;
6-bromo-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione;
4-chloro-17α-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17β-diol;
4-chloro-17α-methyl-androst-4-ene-3β,17β-diol;
4-chloro-17α-methyl-17β-hydroxy-androst-4-en-3-one;
4-chloro-17α-methyl-17β-hydroxy-androst-4-ene-3,11-dione;
4-chloro-17α-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17β-diol;
2α,17α-dimethyl-17β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-3-one;
2α,17α-dimethyl-17β-hydroxy-5β-androstan-3-one;
2α,3α-epithio-17α-methyl-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
[3,2-c]-furazan-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
3β-hydroxy-estra-4,9,11-trien-17-one;
17α-methyl-androst-2-ene-3,17β-diol;
17α-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17β-diol;
Estra-4,9,11-triene-3,17-dione;
18a-Homo-3-hydroxy-estra-2,5(10)-dien-17-one;
6α-Methyl-androst-4-ene-3,17-dione;
17α-Methyl-androstan-3-hydroxyimine-17β-ol;
17α-Methyl-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
17β-Hydroxy-androstano[2,3-d]isoxazole;
17β-Hydroxy-androstano[3,2-c]isoxazole;
4-Hydroxy-androst-4-ene-3,17-dione
[3,2-c]pyrazole-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
[3,2-c]pyrazole-androst-4-en-17β-ol;
[3,2-c]pyrazole-5α-androstan-17β-ol;

http://www.hpm.com/pdf/blog/s3431.pdf

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This is: No bueno...by the time I finally decide to cycle (some years down the road) there will be no legal stuff available.

southparkbbb

southparkbbb

Awards
semms like everyone will just use real gear now instead of the PHS; ppl gonna be stocking up on PHS like crazy atm

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If this passes it will be a game changer for sure. Time to develop some new products...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I doubt that there won't be anything available. You could also just decide not to use.
It will most likely be the case, I have decided to not pick up on anything before 27 , and no pinning before 30...but I've been getting such good strength, mass and confidence gains with natty stuff...that I don't know haha I could get used to this natty route.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will most likely be the case, I have decided to not pick up on anything before 27 , and no pinning before 30...but I've been getting such good strength, mass and confidence gains with natty stuff...that I don't know haha I could get used to this natty route.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about. You have no idea how your life could change in the next 6 years or so.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yeah I wouldn't worry about. You have no idea how your life could change in the next 6 years or so.
With the kinda hole I kinda dug for myself last year...I see it either in the Airforce or the Marines to find a way out of the mess that's building up behind me...Anyhow enough of that. Back to topic: When are they gonna resolve if it passes or not?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the kinda hole I kinda dug for myself last year...I see it either in the Airforce or the Marines to find a way out of the mess that's building up behind me...Anyhow enough of that. Back to topic: When are they gonna resolve if it passes or not?
Nothing wrong with the Armed forces. I wish I would have done that when I was younger. I think it will be a while before we know if it passes or not. It was just introduced on July 26th.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't see how the DEA doesn't have better things to do.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Nothing wrong with the Armed forces. I wish I would have done that when I was younger. I think it will be a while before we know if it passes or not. It was just introduced on July 26th.
I would seriously love serving my country anyway, thought about this since I entered college, and after I serve some time, they can send me back to college, I finish my engineering degree and they can make me an Officer and then a pilot. It would be a great honor.

Well , its time to Lobby our Representatives and Senators to NOT let this pass.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
The 2012 Act would expand the definition of anabolic steroids to include a drug or hormonal substance (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids and dehydroepiandrosterone) ?derived from, or has a chemical structure substantially similar to? anabolic steroids listed under the CSA if: the drug or substance has been created or manufactured with the intent of producing a drug or other substance that promotes muscle growth or causes a pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone; or the drug or substance has been, or is intended to be marketed or otherwise promoted in a manner suggesting that consumption will promote muscle growth or any pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone.
Holy broad definition.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I honestly don't see how the DEA doesn't have better things to do.
They're saving us from ourselves. :rolleyes:

Never mind the meth, heroin...freakin BATH SALTS. The .gov is overreaching here IMO.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video]http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=17579643620 01&odyssey=mod|newswell|te xt|F RONTPAGE|featured[/video]
Can I get cliff notes? My iPhone won't open link.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Hey America, why don't you try and fix the increasing of obesity rates in the country instead? You know, the 1000's of times more people that have a chance of dropping dead or acquiring diabetes or heart problems from constantly selecting horrible food choices. I feel like that's a little more prevalent than trying to stop people use steroids. Just saying.

/rant

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
usually these things take a year or two at least to pass and become law....and also usually there is enough of a stink made (by people like us) to our local congressman that it doesn't pass. the one plus of the government beauracracy is the fact it takes forever just like the courts. plenty of time to stock up :D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
usually these things take a year or two at least to pass and become law....and also usually there is enough of a stink made (by people like us) to our local congressman that it doesn't pass. the one plus of the government beauracracy is the fact it takes forever just like the courts. plenty of time to stock up :D
And since SD is quite cheap haha...well People are gonna make LGI and many other companies really happy :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
And since SD is quite cheap haha...well People are gonna make LGI and many other companies really happy :D
yeah I was kinda waiting and seeing on the SD thing, I'd stock up on beastdrol since I know its probably the best and most accurately dosed version, but not until its for sure....beast is an expensive brand of SD, but I have found that many of the SD clones that are half the price seem to suck big time...so sometimes you get what you pay for....although LGI has been getting good reviews from the board members here...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
yeah I was kinda waiting and seeing on the SD thing, I'd stock up on beastdrol since I know its probably the best and most accurately dosed version, but not until its for sure....beast is an expensive brand of SD, but I have found that many of the SD clones that are half the price seem to suck big time...so sometimes you get what you pay for....although LGI has been getting good reviews from the board members here...
Idk , I think paying more is not always better. However it is sometimes the safest route. As far as LGI I was really worried about their quality since they sell so cheap, but seeing the reviews are solid, a pal at the gym is actually gonna run their SD clone starting on monday...he is gonna go for the conservative 6 weeks at 10mg though.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Idk , I think paying more is not always better. However it is sometimes the safest route. As far as LGI I was really worried about their quality since they sell so cheap, but seeing the reviews are solid, a pal at the gym is actually gonna run their SD clone starting on monday...he is gonna go for the conservative 6 weeks at 10mg though.
I'm usually the same way, buy the cheaper version....but M-stane got bad reviews from many guys, and beastdrol always got great reviews....so better safe than sorry and wasting a month of your life on a shyt bottle of SD clone. You'll have to let us know how the LGI works out.....I was going to do the same thing the beginning of next year....10mg per day SD kickstart to a 12 week cycle for 4-6 weeks (however long what I have leftover lasts), I should have just enough left to do that from the bottle I have, since I will be using 10-20mg WO days only on an 8 weeker upcoming in september. So I'd be interested to see how 10mg per day for a month or month and a half works out.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm usually the same way, buy the cheaper version....but M-stane got bad reviews from many guys, and beastdrol always got great reviews....so better safe than sorry and wasting a month of your life on a shyt bottle of SD clone. You'll have to let us know how the LGI works out.....I was going to do the same thing the beginning of next year....10mg per day SD kickstart to a 12 week cycle for 4-6 weeks (however long what I have leftover lasts), I should have just enough left to do that from the bottle I have, since I will be using 10-20mg WO days only on an 8 weeker upcoming in september. So I'd be interested to see how 10mg per day for a month or month and a half works out.
I have asked him to make an account here , seriously he will be asking me 1000 questions about anabolics, supps, diet and everything he wants to corroborate with his experiences instead of joining and reading lol...He has been lifting for 7 years continuous and is a record holding power lifter here...its gonna be his second cycle , after he quit the whole competing at powerlifting , he did epi and ended up shredded as f*ck , now he wants a bit more size and strength. I'll let yah know how it goes.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dimethazine and methyl stenbolone aren't on there.

I'a have to look again, but I dont think alpha one is on there either. im too tired to go into the numerous stuff they missed.

but, what they do miss, they get with the "not found in nature, chemically modified, etc"

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If memory serves didn't they find lead and other contaminents in that product?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
If memory serves didn't they find lead and other contaminents in that product?
the M-stane? mainly I found that certain lots were pretty much ineffective and gave no real results, it depended on the cap color....so it was hit or miss with them. but i wouldn't be surprised if there were contaminants in them....

technique88

technique88

Awards
Beastdrol. Nuff said.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
is there a petition out to sign against this?
Last time it was signed into law in like 7 months back in 2004. If there is a petition it needs to be found ASAP but I doubt anything will stop the bill since it seems to have bipartisan support.

M50

Awards
Last time it was signed into law in like 7 months back in 2004. If there is a petition it needs to be found ASAP but I doubt anything will stop the bill since it seems to have bipartisan support.
eh, oh well

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
So they almost blew up social security and put all the disabled and old folks onto the street simply over disagreeing, and nearly destroy our economy and cause us to be the laughing stock of the world, but yet they can all agree on "steroids BAAAAAAAAD!" and join forces? for the love of jesus mary and joseph :D

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
dimethazine and methyl stenbolone aren't on there.
On this day my dreams were fine. I was thinking of stenbolone of DMZ next cycle, so thank god my future is looking bright. Was trenavar on there? Future could be much brighter.

standon23

Awards
When's this going b passed I'ma be in Europe for four months might stock up

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
i'm not suprised about epi and superdrol being on that list. superdrol has had a long run, but they even have formestane on there. these items will probably still be available online for purchase. it will just be completely illegal to have them. markets like this dont just go away.
you KNEW they were going after forma, I actually wondered what took them so long :D....it is/was a drug afterall, I'm surprised everybody and their brother are still selling SD clones also...even some big name companies.

apollofitness

Awards
When will this take effect? and is msten on the list?

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In order of the list:

5a-reduced-6-oxo
6-oxo
ATD
6-bromoandrostanedione
6-bromoboldione
H-drol
P-mag
Methylclostebol
11-Keto-methylclostebol
H-drol (again)
Superdrol-5a isomer
Superdrol-5b isomer
Epistane
demethyl-furazabol
Trendione derivative. (3b-hydroxy analogue)
3-hydroxy-Phera
M14ADD
Trendione
Hydroxygonadiene
6a-Methylandrostenedione
D-plex
Protodrol
formestane
Demethyl-winstrol
Delta-4-demethylwinstrol
Demethyl-winstrol (again)

Key: * = Steroid isoxazole found in Orastan-A: Identification of steroid isoxazole isomers markete... [Steroids. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

^ hopefully clears that up for some

Thanks to PHF member BrYmAsTeR17 for the translation.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
This is ridiculous they decide to pick on the less than 1% of the population who has dedicated themselves to the gym and bettering their physique/strength and fitness. At this point its comical how ass backward our present time and society is. So we make muscle enhancing substances, for people who work their asses off in the gym to better themselves, illegal but at the same time lets decriminalize marijuana and even talk of making it legal, how smart are we!!!! Lets legalize a know psychoactive drug running ramped in our youth and responsible for making our youth already lazier and fatter then they all ready fu*#king are. Lets just drive the country further down the toilet. How about the countless number of deaths from alcohol and tobacco a year. The families that are torn apart by alcoholism, the children becoming addicted to nicotine, the chemicals being pumped into cigarettes, the amount of youth who think their "innocent" daily partying/binge drinking is normal until graduate college and realize holy sh1t I can't go a day without alcohol consumption. Yet all of these things are readily available, with just some tax, to everyone and anyone who wants. And the negatives elsewhere pile up daily, if they maybe put an ounce of the energy and time into coming up with a solution for our miserable economy maybe then we would be a little closer to solving it. Sorry for the rant this just really hit a soft spot.

steppinRazor

Awards
This is ridiculous they decide to pick on the less than 1% of the population who has dedicated themselves to the gym and bettering their physique/strength and fitness. At this point its comical how ass backward our present time and society is. So we make muscle enhancing substances, for people who work their asses off in the gym to better themselves, illegal but at the same time lets decriminalize marijuana and even talk of making it legal, how smart are we!!!! Lets legalize a know psychoactive drug running ramped in our youth and responsible for making our youth already lazier and fatter then they all ready fu*#king are. Lets just drive the country further down the toilet. How about the countless number of deaths from alcohol and tobacco a year. The families that are torn apart by alcoholism, the children becoming addicted to nicotine, the chemicals being pumped into cigarettes, the amount of youth who think their "innocent" daily partying/binge drinking is normal until graduate college and realize holy sh1t I can't go a day without alcohol consumption. Yet all of these things are readily available, with just some tax, to everyone and anyone who wants. And the negatives elsewhere pile up daily, if they maybe put an ounce of the energy and time into coming up with a solution for our miserable economy maybe then we would be a little closer to solving it. Sorry for the rant this just really hit a soft spot.
agreed...all except the weed part. that **** should be legal anyways.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
In order of the list:

5a-reduced-6-oxo
6-oxo
ATD
6-bromoandrostanedione
6-bromoboldione
H-drol
P-mag
Methylclostebol
11-Keto-methylclostebol
H-drol (again)
Superdrol-5a isomer
Superdrol-5b isomer
Epistane
demethyl-furazabol
Trendione derivative. (3b-hydroxy analogue)
3-hydroxy-Phera
M14ADD
Trendione
Hydroxygonadiene
6a-Methylandrostenedione
D-plex
Protodrol
formestane
Demethyl-winstrol
Delta-4-demethylwinstrol
Demethyl-winstrol (again)

Key: * = Steroid isoxazole found in Orastan-A: Identification of steroid isoxazole isomers markete... [Steroids. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

^ hopefully clears that up for some

Thanks to PHF member BrYmAsTeR17 for the translation.
What about DMZ and Ultradrol?Sad day.

Stroodle

Stroodle

Awards
$$$$$$ Stocking up. my rooms going to look like a Max Muscle