Fighting my genetics with T3!(myths destroyed)

Page 7 of 8 First ... 25678 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lana sh View Post
    You mean if I am eating less?
    No. I have been eating this amount of calories for years. Since I have already gained all the lost weight back and even more and keep gaining do you think I need to cut calories? Well I never though I was overeating. if so, how much to cut?
    If you did cut calories then add them back to fast your gonna get fat.

Idk.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    If you did cut calories then add them back to fast your gonna get fat. Idk.
    No I didnt cut or add calories. i have been eating 1700-2000 before the cycle during the cycle and after the cycle. only before the cycle I wasn't gaining fat and now I am and very fast
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%

No I didnt cut or add calories. i have been eating 1700-2000 before the cycle during the cycle and after the cycle. only before the cycle I wasn't gaining fat and now I am and very fast
    Lana hmm..

How much do you weigh and what's your height? Male or female?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

Lana hmm..How much do you weigh and what's your height? Male or female?
    Height 166 cmWeight: 4 years ago started with 45 kg. was gaining all the time. in 4 years tried starving n radically cutting calories to 800 a day for 3 months with no result. now 77 kg (the last 9 I gained in one-last-month)Training: crossfit 6 times a week plus 5 km run after every workoutBloodwork: t3 t4 tsh insulin cortisol everything normal
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%

Height 166 cmWeight: 4 years ago started with 45 kg. was gaining all the time. in 4 years tried starving n radically cutting calories to 800 a day for 3 months with no result. now 77 kg (the last 9 I gained in one-last-month)Training: crossfit 6 times a week plus 5 km run after every workoutBloodwork: t3 t4 tsh insulin cortisol everything normal
    First off 6 days a week plus running and your at 2000 calories / day? You're already starving. Try fixing your metabolism. An 800 calorie deficit is 1200 calories which is below healthy.

Fix your diet. Under eating can make you obese
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

First off 6 days a week plus running and your at 2000 calories / day? You're already starving. Try fixing your metabolism. An 800 calorie deficit is 1200 calories which is below healthy.

Fix your diet. Under eating can make you obese
    oh...
    but I am a girl lol
    And my coach actually wanted me to lower calories from 1700-200 I'm eating now to 1400. he thinks I'm overeating
    Also I haven't missed a workout for years... I'm scared to miss a week in addition to upping the calories. u r saying I shouldn't be?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%

oh...
    but I am a girl lol
    And my coach actually wanted me to lower calories from 1700-200 I'm eating now to 1400. he thinks I'm overeating
    Also I haven't missed a workout for years... I'm scared to miss a week in addition to upping the calories. u r saying I shouldn't be?
    Age ?

6 days a week and you're over eating at 1400? That's BS.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%

Age ?

6 days a week and you're over eating at 1400? That's BS.
    At 30 years old with your stats working out 5 days a week all the 7 calorie calculators say your maintenance calories should be over 2200 calories. Plus running plus an extra day equals about 300 extra calories.

I really hope you told your coach about the t3 use. If he didn't know and you started gaining a lot after using then his advice is null and void. T3 use changes your dietary needs especially when coming off.

At 1400 your in the "extreme" range for fat loss. Meaning more muscle lost.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

Ok so I am 24 about to be 25. And yes she knows about t3. She uses it only for contest prep though. But i was really desperate, you see. She is actually insisting on 1400 calories plus a full morning cardio session instead of 5k after the workout. I have done 1400 before and I know it is border line for me, anything less is really hard to tolerate. Well this all is very confusing. I used the bmr calculator many times too but she says I shouldn't believe it since people have different metabolisms. While one is eating everything n is still skinny the other is counting calories and gaining weight easily
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

Please dont think Im arguing. I am not. I think my coach is great. She has great results herself but unfortunately not so great with me... And if I thought she was 100% right I would have never asked you for help. And I am asking!
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

For those following tbhis thread, I'm just adding some notes....

Iron, Magnesium and Calcium (supps and fgoods contatrining these) all affect/bind thyroud so avoid intake at a similar time.

Also read that caffiene/coffee also adversely affects thyroid absorption as well

Given all of this, I'm reading that people are switching to pre-bed intake.

Not saying this is a great idea, but from what I've read, it's generally well-tolerated (however ti did causde sleep issue with some).

Just sharing
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I've been on t3 for about 10 days. I started running 12.5mcg on sept 12, then ramped up to 25mcg that sunday and hit 50mcg last tueday (16th).

If I stopped right now, how long can I estimate to be suppressed for?

I can order kelp and have selenium on hand for pct.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    I've been on t3 for about 10 days. I started running 12.5mcg on sept 12, then ramped up to 25mcg that sunday and hit 50mcg last tueday (16th).

If I stopped right now, how long can I estimate to be suppressed for?

I can order kelp and have selenium on hand for pct.
    The thyroid recovers very quick. Even after long-term use of T3 studies show your thyroid goes back to normal after a couple weeks. And by long-term use I mean like a few years. I believe Pyrobatt stated this earlier in the thread too.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Stri8ed View Post
    The thyroid recovers very quick. Even after long-term use of T3 studies show your thyroid goes back to normal after a couple weeks. And by long-term use I mean like a few years. I believe Pyrobatt stated this earlier in the thread too.
    Yes, I read the whole thread.

So I could basically just stop right now and recover pretty quickly because it was a short cycle?
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.23%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Anyone know if t3 can be used safely with type 1 diabetes. Thinking about jumping on cycle and throwing in some t3 for a lean bulk/recomp.
    The Swole Stoner
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Following along as I may actually be prescribed this shortly.

Synthroid is not doing jack for me unfortunately, none if my doctors seem to understand why but my conversion to active T3 is extremely poor.

If anyone has an idea as to why or something else I could try I am all ears.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Yes, I read the whole thread.

So I could basically just stop right now and recover pretty quickly because it was a short cycle?
    Yeah u could. I'd taper down though every 3 days just to b safe.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Yeah u could. I'd taper down though every 3 days just to b safe.
    I thought tapering just prolongs suppression?

On the topic of tapering: when tapering from 50 -> 25 -> 12.5 -> 6.25, at doses below 25, does the thyroid begin to come back online? Or because the body still recognizes exogenous t3, it doesn't create as much?
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

I thought tapering just prolongs suppression?

On the topic of tapering: when tapering from 50 -> 25 -> 12.5 -> 6.25, at doses below 25, does the thyroid begin to come back online? Or because the body still recognizes exogenous t3, it doesn't create as much?
    I believe its the latter u stated. By tapering you're allowing your thyroid to start up normal production. The thyroid doesn't get suppressed the same as your HPTA does with AAS. Don't quote me on this but I believe that's the right protocol.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.79%

I believe its the latter u stated. By tapering you're allowing your thyroid to start up normal production. The thyroid doesn't get suppressed the same as your HPTA does with AAS. Don't quote me on this but I believe that's the right protocol.

I went off my last run of T3 could turkey just because Lol. And I never noticed a thing wiyh y metabolism slowing down. In fact, since then it seems faster. But I agree that there is no fear of it not bouncing back really quickly! Unless you have a some kind of medical problem
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post

I went off my last run of T3 could turkey just because Lol. And I never noticed a thing wiyh y metabolism slowing down. In fact, since then it seems faster. But I agree that there is no fear of it not bouncing back really quickly! Unless you have a some kind of medical problem
    Yeah that whole myth of burning out your thyroid was garbage. I'm glad that was debunked.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.79%

Yep. My ex took it and she has way slower metabolism than me and she ran it at 25mcg and burned loads of fat and gained some muscle and when she went off she didn't have fat gain or any sign of thyroid being skewed. And her metabolism wasnt crazy to start with. If anyone would have had problems its her.
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Yep. My ex took it and she has way slower metabolism than me and she ran it at 25mcg and burned loads of fat and gained some muscle and when she went off she didn't have fat gain or any sign of thyroid being skewed. And her metabolism wasnt crazy to start with. If anyone would have had problems its her.
    Lol T3 is like cheating
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

T3 can be fun for the slow metabolism crowd (me) as it utilizes surplus calories so efficiently.

Only issue I don't care for it the extreme muscle FLATNESS observed from use.

I do attempt to compensate with higher carbs and this works "ok" however for me, huge amounts of carbs make me feel like crap and thwart fat loss anyway so it gets to be a counterproductive circle. lol

I still use it from time to time when I get sick of eating so rigidly all the time and don't want to blow up from taking a break from this disciplined eating style.

25-50 mcg max seems to be my sweet spot. I'm convinced 25 mcg suffices and that the only reason I ever needed 50 was b/c the source was under-dosed.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    T3 can be fun for the slow metabolism crowd (me) as it utilizes surplus calories so efficiently.

Only issue I don't care for it the extreme muscle FLATNESS observed from use.

I do attempt to compensate with higher carbs and this works "ok" however for me, huge amounts of carbs make me feel like crap and thwart fat loss anyway so it gets to be a counterproductive circle. lol

I still use it from time to time when I get sick of eating so rigidly all the time and don't want to blow up from taking a break from this disciplined eating style.

25-50 mcg max seems to be my sweet spot. I'm convinced 25 mcg suffices and that the only reason I ever needed 50 was b/c the source was under-dosed.
    I agree with all that. Since going up to 50mcg only for competition purposes my pumps have suffered but I do manage to stay pretty full with the gear I'm on. But if I go above 50mcg its just unpleasant and I'm always flat it sucks. 25mcg is where'd I'd always stay
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Same here - I'd live on 25 mcg if I was convinced it woiudlnt mess me up LONG term
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Same here - I'd live on 25 mcg if I was convinced it woiudlnt mess me up LONG term
    Lol I would too. The benefits r awesome
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.79%

Lol I would too. The benefits r awesome
    I dosed 50 for a first dose night before last and yesterday I felt draggy and terribly sore and like I had no energy. Now I'm thinking that it was the t3
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

I dosed 50 for a first dose night before last and yesterday I felt draggy and terribly sore and like I had no energy. Now I'm thinking that it was the t3
    Plus not enough food especially carbs
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Pyro, could you clear some PM space if possible brother?
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Pyro, could you clear some PM space if possible brother?
    Sorry...I have been dealing with a ruptured bicep tendon caused by a shoulder impingement. First time I've been on here in a couple days. Space cleared brother !
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

I have to admit, my last t3 dose was sunday morning and I feel great now. Granted I was only on 50mcg for 10 days, t3 just felt weird. My muscle felt flat, I was hungry all the time and I couldn't stop drinking water. On days that I wasn't managing my water intake, my physique looked flat and watery.

I might try it again on a caloric surplus, but never on a deficit with clen. Not my cup of tea.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Maybe try 25 mcg?
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Too much T3 will cause lethargy from my personal observations as well as from what I've read from others' experiences

35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

Too much T3 will cause lethargy from my personal observations as well as from what I've read from others' experiences
    Plus he told me he doesn't eat enough lol
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Maybe try 25 mcg?
    I thought that there's no point to 25mcg because it's just a replacement dose.

I've read that at 6.25-12.5mcg is where it supplements endogenous thyroid product and yields better nutrient partitioning + increased bowel movements.

Also, I didn't like that certain nutrients (eg: carnitine, calcium) needed to refrained/dosed away from t3. There were 2 days where I continued with my lclt + fish oil in the morning, not realizing it was interfering with t3.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.62%

I thought that there's no point to 25mcg because it's just a replacement dose.

I've read that at 6.25-12.5mcg is where it supplements endogenous thyroid product and yields better nutrient partitioning + increased bowel movements.

Also, I didn't like that certain nutrients (eg: carnitine, calcium) needed to refrained/dosed away from t3. There were 2 days where I continued with my lclt + fish oil in the morning, not realizing it was interfering with t3.
    25mcg is still a nice boost to your metabolism
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.48%

Great thread with great info!
    May be you can help me here.
    I'm battling CFS . Just the regular poor energy tiredness etc.
    now my TSH is medium low.
    My. Ft4 is medium.
    But for some reason ft3 just hit the bottom of the range. None of the docs are willing to do anything about ( its still in the range or very close).
    Now I was thinking to try t3 maybe, to see if anything improves. What dose should I start? And how fast will I feel the difference ?
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

I am always hesitant to suggest anything hormonal for someone who has a medical condition.

"Medical Advice" from us non-professionals to/for someone with an actual disorder is just not wise as it can make things worse and disables/complicates your doc's ability to help you.

I would implore your Doc to respect you enough to actually "listen". If he/she doesn't, find a Doc who will.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%

25mcg is still a nice boost to your metabolism
    Very ture..Most people have 10 to 12 mcg.

But....
    True or maybe not. It all depends on natural thyroid output. Some people on the upper end of the normal range can have up to 25 to 30 mcg naturally. However this is highly genetic related. Some people just store more t4 and convert more than the norm to t3. However multiple blood test are needed.

There's a reason they can't /won't test in sports organizations for t3, igf1 ,epo growth factors and growth hormone.

Infact you could probably site inject synthol to win a bb contest. They don't even check for that but the chances of looking weird are big. Especially when site injections in the abs. Because of the bands that make your "six pack" which aren't muscle per say.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Absolutely destroyed my legs
    By Docmattic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 05:19 PM
  2. ORAL Resveratrol - Destroyed in the Gut???
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. Destroyed: My recent breakup
    By handzilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 261
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 03:09 PM
  4. More Civil Liberties destroyed....
    By bjjones in forum Politics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 11:54 AM
  5. Methyl destroyed by liver?