Fighting my genetics with T3!(myths destroyed)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those following tbhis thread, I'm just adding some notes....

Iron, Magnesium and Calcium (supps and fgoods contatrining these) all affect/bind thyroud so avoid intake at a similar time.

Also read that caffiene/coffee also adversely affects thyroid absorption as well

Given all of this, I'm reading that people are switching to pre-bed intake.

Not saying this is a great idea, but from what I've read, it's generally well-tolerated (however ti did causde sleep issue with some).

Just sharing

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I've been on t3 for about 10 days. I started running 12.5mcg on sept 12, then ramped up to 25mcg that sunday and hit 50mcg last tueday (16th).

If I stopped right now, how long can I estimate to be suppressed for?

I can order kelp and have selenium on hand for pct.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I've been on t3 for about 10 days. I started running 12.5mcg on sept 12, then ramped up to 25mcg that sunday and hit 50mcg last tueday (16th).

If I stopped right now, how long can I estimate to be suppressed for?

I can order kelp and have selenium on hand for pct.
The thyroid recovers very quick. Even after long-term use of T3 studies show your thyroid goes back to normal after a couple weeks. And by long-term use I mean like a few years. I believe Pyrobatt stated this earlier in the thread too.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
The thyroid recovers very quick. Even after long-term use of T3 studies show your thyroid goes back to normal after a couple weeks. And by long-term use I mean like a few years. I believe Pyrobatt stated this earlier in the thread too.
Yes, I read the whole thread.

So I could basically just stop right now and recover pretty quickly because it was a short cycle?

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if t3 can be used safely with type 1 diabetes. Thinking about jumping on cycle and throwing in some t3 for a lean bulk/recomp.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Following along as I may actually be prescribed this shortly.

Synthroid is not doing jack for me unfortunately, none if my doctors seem to understand why but my conversion to active T3 is extremely poor.

If anyone has an idea as to why or something else I could try I am all ears.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yes, I read the whole thread.

So I could basically just stop right now and recover pretty quickly because it was a short cycle?
Yeah u could. I'd taper down though every 3 days just to b safe.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Yeah u could. I'd taper down though every 3 days just to b safe.
I thought tapering just prolongs suppression?

On the topic of tapering: when tapering from 50 -> 25 -> 12.5 -> 6.25, at doses below 25, does the thyroid begin to come back online? Or because the body still recognizes exogenous t3, it doesn't create as much?

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I thought tapering just prolongs suppression?

On the topic of tapering: when tapering from 50 -> 25 -> 12.5 -> 6.25, at doses below 25, does the thyroid begin to come back online? Or because the body still recognizes exogenous t3, it doesn't create as much?
I believe its the latter u stated. By tapering you're allowing your thyroid to start up normal production. The thyroid doesn't get suppressed the same as your HPTA does with AAS. Don't quote me on this but I believe that's the right protocol.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I believe its the latter u stated. By tapering you're allowing your thyroid to start up normal production. The thyroid doesn't get suppressed the same as your HPTA does with AAS. Don't quote me on this but I believe that's the right protocol.

I went off my last run of T3 could turkey just because Lol. And I never noticed a thing wiyh y metabolism slowing down. In fact, since then it seems faster. But I agree that there is no fear of it not bouncing back really quickly! Unless you have a some kind of medical problem

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I went off my last run of T3 could turkey just because Lol. And I never noticed a thing wiyh y metabolism slowing down. In fact, since then it seems faster. But I agree that there is no fear of it not bouncing back really quickly! Unless you have a some kind of medical problem
Yeah that whole myth of burning out your thyroid was garbage. I'm glad that was debunked.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Yep. My ex took it and she has way slower metabolism than me and she ran it at 25mcg and burned loads of fat and gained some muscle and when she went off she didn't have fat gain or any sign of thyroid being skewed. And her metabolism wasnt crazy to start with. If anyone would have had problems its her.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yep. My ex took it and she has way slower metabolism than me and she ran it at 25mcg and burned loads of fat and gained some muscle and when she went off she didn't have fat gain or any sign of thyroid being skewed. And her metabolism wasnt crazy to start with. If anyone would have had problems its her.
Lol T3 is like cheating

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T3 can be fun for the slow metabolism crowd (me) as it utilizes surplus calories so efficiently.

Only issue I don't care for it the extreme muscle FLATNESS observed from use.

I do attempt to compensate with higher carbs and this works "ok" however for me, huge amounts of carbs make me feel like crap and thwart fat loss anyway so it gets to be a counterproductive circle. lol

I still use it from time to time when I get sick of eating so rigidly all the time and don't want to blow up from taking a break from this disciplined eating style.

25-50 mcg max seems to be my sweet spot. I'm convinced 25 mcg suffices and that the only reason I ever needed 50 was b/c the source was under-dosed.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
T3 can be fun for the slow metabolism crowd (me) as it utilizes surplus calories so efficiently.

Only issue I don't care for it the extreme muscle FLATNESS observed from use.

I do attempt to compensate with higher carbs and this works "ok" however for me, huge amounts of carbs make me feel like crap and thwart fat loss anyway so it gets to be a counterproductive circle. lol

I still use it from time to time when I get sick of eating so rigidly all the time and don't want to blow up from taking a break from this disciplined eating style.

25-50 mcg max seems to be my sweet spot. I'm convinced 25 mcg suffices and that the only reason I ever needed 50 was b/c the source was under-dosed.
I agree with all that. Since going up to 50mcg only for competition purposes my pumps have suffered but I do manage to stay pretty full with the gear I'm on. But if I go above 50mcg its just unpleasant and I'm always flat it sucks. 25mcg is where'd I'd always stay

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here - I'd live on 25 mcg if I was convinced it woiudlnt mess me up LONG term ;)

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Lol I would too. The benefits r awesome
I dosed 50 for a first dose night before last and yesterday I felt draggy and terribly sore and like I had no energy. Now I'm thinking that it was the t3

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I dosed 50 for a first dose night before last and yesterday I felt draggy and terribly sore and like I had no energy. Now I'm thinking that it was the t3
Plus not enough food especially carbs

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Pyro, could you clear some PM space if possible brother?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pyro, could you clear some PM space if possible brother?
Sorry...I have been dealing with a ruptured bicep tendon caused by a shoulder impingement. First time I've been on here in a couple days. Space cleared brother !

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I have to admit, my last t3 dose was sunday morning and I feel great now. Granted I was only on 50mcg for 10 days, t3 just felt weird. My muscle felt flat, I was hungry all the time and I couldn't stop drinking water. On days that I wasn't managing my water intake, my physique looked flat and watery.

I might try it again on a caloric surplus, but never on a deficit with clen. Not my cup of tea.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe try 25 mcg?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too much T3 will cause lethargy from my personal observations as well as from what I've read from others' experiences

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Maybe try 25 mcg?
I thought that there's no point to 25mcg because it's just a replacement dose.

I've read that at 6.25-12.5mcg is where it supplements endogenous thyroid product and yields better nutrient partitioning + increased bowel movements.

Also, I didn't like that certain nutrients (eg: carnitine, calcium) needed to refrained/dosed away from t3. There were 2 days where I continued with my lclt + fish oil in the morning, not realizing it was interfering with t3.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I thought that there's no point to 25mcg because it's just a replacement dose.

I've read that at 6.25-12.5mcg is where it supplements endogenous thyroid product and yields better nutrient partitioning + increased bowel movements.

Also, I didn't like that certain nutrients (eg: carnitine, calcium) needed to refrained/dosed away from t3. There were 2 days where I continued with my lclt + fish oil in the morning, not realizing it was interfering with t3.
25mcg is still a nice boost to your metabolism

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
Great thread with great info!
May be you can help me here.
I'm battling CFS . Just the regular poor energy tiredness etc.
now my TSH is medium low.
My. Ft4 is medium.
But for some reason ft3 just hit the bottom of the range. None of the docs are willing to do anything about ( its still in the range or very close).
Now I was thinking to try t3 maybe, to see if anything improves. What dose should I start? And how fast will I feel the difference ?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am always hesitant to suggest anything hormonal for someone who has a medical condition.

"Medical Advice" from us non-professionals to/for someone with an actual disorder is just not wise as it can make things worse and disables/complicates your doc's ability to help you.

I would implore your Doc to respect you enough to actually "listen". If he/she doesn't, find a Doc who will.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
25mcg is still a nice boost to your metabolism
Very ture..Most people have 10 to 12 mcg.

But....
True or maybe not. It all depends on natural thyroid output. Some people on the upper end of the normal range can have up to 25 to 30 mcg naturally. However this is highly genetic related. Some people just store more t4 and convert more than the norm to t3. However multiple blood test are needed.

There's a reason they can't /won't test in sports organizations for t3, igf1 ,epo growth factors and growth hormone.

Infact you could probably site inject synthol to win a bb contest. They don't even check for that but the chances of looking weird are big. Especially when site injections in the abs. Because of the bands that make your "six pack" which aren't muscle per say.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Very ture..Most people have 10 to 12 mcg.

But....
True or maybe not. It all depends on natural thyroid output. Some people on the upper end of the normal range can have up to 25 to 30 mcg naturally. However this is highly genetic related. Some people just store more t4 and convert more than the norm to t3. However multiple blood test are needed.

There's a reason they can't /won't test in sports organizations for t3, igf1 ,epo growth factors and growth hormone.

Infact you could probably site inject synthol to win a bb contest. They don't even check for that but the chances of looking weird are big. Especially when site injections in the abs. Because of the bands that make your "six pack" which aren't muscle per say.
Multiple blood tests from different practioners? Or different blood tests taken at different times of day? Pardon me for my ignorance, but are thyroid hormones like sex hormones in that they are higher in the morning and diminish as the day goes on?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Multiple blood tests from different practioners? Or different blood tests taken at different times of day? Pardon me for my ignorance, but are thyroid hormones like sex hormones in that they are higher in the morning and diminish as the day goes on?
Thyroid hormones are much like sex hormones except with bigger dips. All of your hormonal profile will pretty much be higher in the morning(depending on your personal wake up schedule)

you can have 25 mcg in the morning and 2 mcg in the evening. Very big dips. Highly effected by food too.

Very weird. Big fluxuations.

Supplementing with t3 will also lessen these dips to within 2 to 3 .

Pretty interesting stuff!

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Too much T3 will cause lethargy from my personal observations as well as from what I've read from others' experiences
Yup. Last comp I ran it up to 75 MCG and a really legit source. I felt grumpy and tired and my pumps sucked but I dropped several % of bf in 3.5 weeks. Only problem is I ran it right through the show. I feel like that was a mistake. My pumps suffered when I was warming up to go on stage and I looked small AF. T3 at a legit dose makes me tire easily anyway. The last 3 days at 25 I feel a muscle burn walking up one flight of stairs to my apartment. I'm thinking about lowering it a bit.