The BAN passes; 10 days for W to sign

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
The BAN thread---Current Updates

USFA Update: October 6, 2004

Senate bill 2195 passed the Senate late last night and is currently being held at the desk in the House. Normally a bill would be referred to committee, but they may instead opt for a unanimous consent agreement, being that the House had previously passed nearly identical legislation. The word is, the House members plan to stay around through Friday and possibly Saturday, so we will be monitoring the situation closely. Stay tuned...

TaktiKaL

Awards
Thanks very much for the information!

This sucks for business :(

BigDawg2Big

Awards
I heard on bb.com that there was a bill in the senate and one in the house, once both of those pass, then they have to be consolidated before they are revoted on again.. Like I said, that is what I heard.. I am not to familiar how this stuff works...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here is my thought's on the ban..I do not even use them, but that's not the point.My problem is the goverment dictating to us what we can and cannot take..Alcohol and cigeretts are much more dangerous and kill people...Sounds like communism to me...

Joe Biden a message for you...........>

Last edited:

bigpump23

Awards
I heard on bb.com that there was a bill in the senate and one in the house, once both of those pass, then they have to be consolidated before they are revoted on again.. Like I said, that is what I heard.. I am not to familiar how this stuff works...
I'm also intrestedin this, if this is true then all the hype and people running out right now is flase

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My problem is the goverment dictating to us what we can and cannot take..
This is the main point even beyond ph's/aas. How can the government restrict adults from doing what they choose to do with their bodies when those chooses endanger no one else?

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is the main point even beyond ph's/aas. How can the government restrict adults from doing what they choose to do with their bodies when those chooses endanger no one else?

Because this bill "protects America's children."

:think:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Because this bill "protects America's children."
Then all they needed to do would be to put an age limit on it. No one under 18 could buy them.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Any opinions on if the usfa did anything?

skoal

Awards
It is clear that petitioning the government didn't work, we are not a special interest group that is funding their campaigns or one that is politically correct. So I offer this solution, let's become a special interest group that can effect the elected officials. We are a large enough population that we can have an effect on the system. Here is my perposal:
1. If possible donate money to a candidate who will support our cause. Make the donation in the name of the group.
2. Get out and campaign for those people running for office that support our views.
3. We need to set forth a manifesto about what we feel is acceptable (things like supporting a ban on sales to people under 18 or 21 years of age, Making it offense to sell to people in this age group, making it an offense to sell or distrubite the substances within a certain distance of a sports facility that is connect to high school athletics unless there is another facility with in that radius (can't have guys getting busted just because there gym is within 100 yards of a school))
4. We need to get Sweeney out of office
5. We need to get that hypocrit Osborn out of office (he rode on the backs of steriod users to get his fame, and does anyone really believe that no one used steriods at Nebraska while he was there? Does anyone really believe he even tried to find out?)

We can be a motivated force in the process. But we need to stay motivated, be reasonable, and stay together as a group!!!

I'm open to any thoughts.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
good ideas but was there anyone that voted against the bill? it sounds like they take the word of biden and follow him. I heard arnold did something like make ph illegal to 18 and under.

skoal

Awards
So let's inform them. And the best way to get them to listen is to make it more difficult to get re-elected. This isn't just about ph, it's about freedom of choice. If we stay on that, other's will follow.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
In my judgement, because there are no serious points of contention between the Senate and House versions of these bills, it will go the Dubya next week and he'll sign it then.

A 90 day grace period will translate into about 30 , maybe 45 days of stock up time, as supplier stocks are depleted and the word reaches the masses.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
USFA Update: October 9, 2004

Last night: October 8th 2004

10:47 P.M. -
Mr. Cannon asked unanimous consent to discharge from committee and consider.
Considered by unanimous consent.

S. 2195:
to amend the Controlled Substances Act to clarify the definition of anabolic steroids and to provide for research and education activities relating to steroids and steroid precursors

Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On passage Passed without objection.

On passage by both houses of Congress, the President has10 days in which to sign the bill into law. We will continue to monitor things closely so that we may give you an exact date from which the 90-days will begin to run.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
:frustrate :rasp: :rant: :frustrate :rasp: :rant:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
These rat bastards are so out of touch with reality. It's okay to smoke cigarettes and drink til you die or get cancer but god forbid you use PH's :twisted:

pestis

pestis

Awards
These rat bastards are so out of touch with reality. It's okay to smoke cigarettes and drink til you die or get cancer but god forbid you use PH's :twisted:
Big time Ditto on that one!!!! Just goes to show what a think tank we have in government and what a bunch sheep we all are for sitting on the fence watching it all happen.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
dont.worry.we.will.win

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Class Action Lawsuit time from all the ph makers/distributors.
So Custom when are you gonna get 4ad 1test powders in.

dietrich

Banned
Awards
In my judgement, because there are no serious points of contention between the Senate and House versions of these bills, it will go the Dubya next week and he'll sign it then.

A 90 day grace period will translate into about 30 , maybe 45 days of stock up time, as supplier stocks are depleted and the word reaches the masses.
Remember though with the campaigning he is on the road alot. Signing this bill in time won't do much for the vote either way. He is much more inclined to keep up on bills to sign that can affect the vote.

Has anyone thought about whether all this was just to score points with moms afraid for the kiddies. Isn't it possible this won't get signed and will just go away. Remember alot of people vote on a candidates intentions and just mentioning stopping steroids and the like can gain alot of votes. Just a thought.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He doesn't have to sign it. His signature is just a stamp. They can give him a phone call and a secretary can stamp it.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You left out how it's OK for people to abuse alcohol and KILL OTHER PEOPLE!! Ignorance in our government....nah, never :rasp:

But, I guess I can see where they're coming from. If you get all big and muscely, you might have an advantage in your given sport.....god forbid that anybody get bigger or stronger in order to be better at a given sport, live longer, or look good.....

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But it's to protect the children! Because as we all know, if you take steroids, you will die of kidney and liver failurea year after taking them.:frustrate

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Should have the 4AD and 1 test, along with more M5 powder in by Friday.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
really? not doubting you, but that amazes me if true.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Whew! I was sooo worried about the dangers of ph's. Thousands have died horrible, bloody death's because of them and they are sold to terrorists and drug dealers to help them battle legal forces worldwide!

Assault weapons NEVER killed anyone, so those are available for purchase now....LEGALLY.

Um........WHAT! :blink:

Please register to vote if you haven't already.
That's about all we have left.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Whew! I was sooo worried about the dangers of ph's. Thousands have died horrible, bloody death's because of them and they are sold to terrorists and drug dealers to help them battle legal forces worldwide!

Assault weapons NEVER killed anyone, so those are available for purchase now....LEGALLY.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! :thumbsup:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
But it's to protect the children! Because as we all know, if you take steroids, you will die of kidney and liver failurea year after taking them.:frustrate
ROFL...you forgot, the sky will begin to fall, too! :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think the unamimous nature of the way this bill passed is indicative that both parties agree with the stupid premise of this bill.

I think both pres. candidates would have signed the bill into law. So, voting for Kerry soley because this bill passed probably isn't the best reason you should vote for Kerry. If that is your main reason...

Prime Rib

Awards
The reason PH's are being banned is becaused the Government doesn't make any money off them. They ban everything that actually WORKS and doesn't put money in their pocket.

End of story..

**** 'em, I'll just use real gear....

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
The reason PH's are being banned is becaused the Government doesn't make any money off them. They ban everything that actually WORKS and doesn't put money in their pocket.

End of story..

Very true if they found a way to make crude oil out of prohormones they'd be available in candy stores :icon_lol:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

End of story..

I disagree. They could regulate and tax them, just like everything else. The pharma companies could tackle the PH / AAS business and take control. They just want votes from the ignorant. Plain and simple. The media dictates, the sheep believe, and the government officials legislate accordingly.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Kerry would sign it too. If you noticed no one voted against it. It is asinine to blame this on Bush. If your going to get mad at anyone get mad at Biden. He is the one with the hard on to get it passed. By the way...............there have been talk that there will be a position in the Kerry administration for Biden.
I know kerry would sign it also.. my position on bush or kerry isnt affected by this.. all im saying is bush is in no way fit to be a president and never should of been elected in the first place..

Fpot66

Awards
But Mr. Lockbox Gore would have been so much better then Mr Strategery Bush, come one man this is a nutritional forum. Sure, the arguement did begin over political legislation that is widely supported by the average citizens that just don't know any better and don't care to knwo any better.

How does that arguement necesitate the need to bash Bush yet again, it is just way played out in my opinion. If you don't like him, congratulations vote in the election and try to change things, if you like him congratulations vote in the election and try to keep things the same. But for the love of God, leave it in the off-topic area and not in the nutritional area I come here to learn and talk about nutrition not politics.

Fpot66

LittleChina

Awards
But Mr. Lockbox Gore would have been so much better then Mr Strategery Bush, come one man this is a nutritional forum. Sure, the arguement did begin over political legislation that is widely supported by the average citizens that just don't know any better and don't care to knwo any better.

How does that arguement necesitate the need to bash Bush yet again, it is just way played out in my opinion. If you don't like him, congratulations vote in the election and try to change things, if you like him congratulations vote in the election and try to keep things the same. But for the love of God, leave it in the off-topic area and not in the nutritional area I come here to learn and talk about nutrition not politics.

Fpot66
Very true, I think I speak for everyone when I say that Pro-Bush and/or Pro-Kerry political flames are very, very annoying when they are out of context of the thread, I have seen too many "Bush is a tyrant" "Kerry is a loser" messages that I have become apathetic to the current political climate, lost all interest. Just best to keep the post to the topic. Why does everyone feel they have to tell us whether they like Bush or Kerry and they thus do so by dramatizing the opposite party to warped views, fact is no one gives a **** if you like Kerry or Bush. Not everyone needs whether you like one or the other shoved down their throats constantly, unless they ask for your opinion why spewl it? Just like I don't want to hear whether you like or dislike gays, or any other group. :D

As we all know AAS' and PH's don't have millions of people hooked on them, so law and politics can ignore alcohol and cigarettes which HAVE NO HEALTH values and are MORE DANGEROUS than steroids and focus their energy on Steroids, which helps them scape goat all the real trouble making drugs. I swear by allmighty pose this question to anyone. Ask them how many people have died from steroids, ask them to draw up a case, and they willw draw up a huge blank (and a stupid face) and will have nothing direct to say. Ask them how many people have died from alcohol....and alcohol related crimes such as DUI's? Millions.

I guess that's how it works, keep the scary drugs illegal such as that terrible and ruthless teen killing drug pot, and keep all of the smaller used drugs like steroids banned and every glutanous idiotic American can enjoy their cigarrettes and alcohol.

I believe in personal freedom and personal choice, a person of age has every right to decide what he or she would like to do, if it is not affecting or hurting anyone else. If I was in charge I would make Pot legal way before that of alcohol.......why is Pot even fucking illegal? Why?

Why are PH's being banned like they are anthrax? Why are there so many dumb asses? Why does the public only use cases of those who abuse severally?

I personally am clean no AAS or PH's, as I realize I am not mature enough to do so, but when I am 20-21 I feel this would be a right I am being denied. Too bad about the dumb ass kids who abuse AAS's, they usually wind up a little fucked up, but too bad about the kids who abuse alcohol, they usually wind up worse and more often dead. Doesn't one also have to be over 21 to drink legally? How many have broken this taboo rule. :thumbsup:

LittleChina

Awards
I still cannot believe that we live in a open and what I thought an "intelligent" society yet we are no different than any other past or present society where moronism and dumbassness lurks in its crevices.

This ban is completely ridiculous.

Everyone knows that like Steroids PH's will never disappear, you can never take away human knowledge, if people know of it it will continue, you also can't stop someone from their own desired actions. Things would be much safer even if Steroids were legal, they would be run by the legitimate companies, not on the dangerous black market.

Does the steroid ban stop the countless Olympic and professional sports athlete's from using? Hell no. But it sure sounds righteous right? :thumbsup:

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
It's just sad that our government won't at least educate themselves in order to make more informed decisions. If they don't have time to do that, or just won't, then leave it be.

your2slow

Awards

The assault weapons ban didn't actually ban any weapons. AWB banned chacteristics of guns that politicians though were dangerous such as collapsable stocks, high capacity magazines, and flash suppressors.

BTW all those videos they show on CNN are of machine guns which have been heavily regulated for over 80 years. Private citizens have been banned from buying new full auto machine guns since 1986.

The reason that alcohol and tobacco is still available legally really boils down to the money they pump into the economy. Tobacco is a friggin cash cow for the government. They tax it heavily in the first place then get awarded huge settlements because dumbasses smoked and now have lung cancer.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
lousy politicians

the pharmaceutical companies with all the money are behind this lleaning on the politicians. to ban prohormones. they will make a lot of money in terms of kickbacks ar2slow]The assault weapons ban didn't actually ban any weapons. AWB banned chacteristics of guns that politicians though were dangerous such as collapsable stocks, high capacity magazines, and flash suppressors.
BTW all those videos they show on CNN are of machine guns which have been heavily regulated for over 80 years. Private citizens have been banned from buying new full auto machine guns since 1986.

The reason that alcohol and tobacco is still available legally really boils down to the money they pump into the economy. Tobacco is a friggin cash cow for the government. They tax it heavily in the first place then get awarded huge settlements because dumbasses smoked and now have lung cancer.[/QUOTE]

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
The philosophical roots of this is the prohibition on marijuana/narcotics/drugs.

Once the gov't established it could outlaw substances that people take for pleasure, it could do this.

G

The reason that alcohol and tobacco is still available legally really boils down to the money they pump into the economy. Tobacco is a friggin cash cow for the government. They tax it heavily in the first place then get awarded huge settlements because dumbasses smoked and now have lung cancer.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]