Good Research Ideas in Anabolics that aren't directly steroid related?

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Anyone have good research ideas? I need a research paper idea today but I don't want to do it on exactly steroids or PHs for school...if that can be understood. So I'm thinking something that would be helpful to me to know...Something in endocrinology, liver, testosterone/hormones? I dunno. I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I wish I could just do it on steroids since it's so interesting to me, but that's just a bad idea to me for a class paper.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
You could look at it in a sociological perspective.. Instead of preaching why steroids should or shouldnt be legal. Try debunking the myths of steroids which place steroid users into the category of "drug abusers"

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
You could look at it in a sociological perspective.. Instead of preaching why steroids should or shouldnt be legal. Try debunking the myths of steroids which place steroid users into the category of "drug abusers"
that's a tough one. Cause I wouldn't say steroid users are drug abusers..But makes something drug abuse?? Getting high off of weed is considered abusing marijuana. Are you saying, just make some gains off of steroids isn't abusing them? I think it comes down to how one interprets the word ABUSE. haha. As in usage, or abuse in a harmful manner. However, I don't know if I considered steroids drugs. So..hmmm.!!! I'll toss this around a bit in my head.

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else?

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
^^sorry if that's hard to follow. My brain is jello right now. haha.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
In that case, why not cover the circumstances that lead to the original criminalization of AAS under Bush?
Which Bush? And you're saying, you used to be able to buy prohormones at any store???

or are you talking growth hormones and test? AAS covers everything so I guess I'm not sure lol

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
cause I understand some original PHs like tren or whatever were "banned" but I mean, you can still buy these fairly easily, or replicas anyways.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which Bush? And you're saying, you used to be able to buy prohormones at any store???

or are you talking growth hormones and test? AAS covers everything so I guess I'm not sure lol
HW Bush. It's the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In that case, why not cover the circumstances that lead to the original criminalization of AAS under Bush?
This is a great suggestion. AAS use has many medical treatment possibilities but almost all of the research stopped once it was scheduled.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
This is a great suggestion. AAS use has many medical treatment possibilities but almost all of the research stopped once it was scheduled.
Yeah, I'm looking into it right now. I think I've got me a topic!! I just need to look at how to both make it more broad or more specific.....

The main question is why did the Gov decide these substances needed to be controlled both in 1990 and again in 2004-2005. I'll work with my prof on Monday. When all is said and done, perhaps I could post the paper on here. haha. It'll be done in about 3.5 weeks.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
olympics sprinting ben johnson key words will help
Yeah, I'm looking into it right now. I think I've got me a topic!! I just need to look at how to both make it more broad or more specific.....

The main question is why did the Gov decide these substances needed to be controlled both in 1990 and again in 2004-2005. I'll work with my prof on Monday. When all is said and done, perhaps I could post the paper on here. haha. It'll be done in about 3.5 weeks.

GodofWine

GodofWine

Awards
How about a broad approach on illegal drugs, vs alcohol and tobacco, in terms of health and social effects. Be a stealth platform to be pro steroids/weed etc

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i just did a presentation with bibliography if you what it emailed to you and powerpoint and outline.
How about a broad approach on illegal drugs, vs alcohol and tobacco, in terms of health and social effects. Be a stealth platform to be pro steroids/weed etc

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
another idea is approach the (sort of ) PCT side instead, write a paper on restoring HTPA function and fertility in men who have low testosterone levels.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
another idea is approach the (sort of ) PCT side instead, write a paper on restoring HTPA function and fertility in men who have low testosterone levels.
this is an awesome idea as well.....and within this research I could briefly take a look at the cause.

Looking at your sig, I'm guessing you may be quite knowledgable in the field of such things?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is an awesome idea as well.....and within this research I could briefly take a look at the cause.

Looking at your sig, I'm guessing you may be quite knowledgable in the field of such things?
I've spent a bunch of time reading about it. There are a lot of different therapies used in the attempt to restart. Leaving anabolics out, bad eating, overweight, diabetes, etc all can be causes of shutdown and sometimes shutdown is reversible. There is a good bit of information out there on the topic as low testosterone levels are becoming more frequent, and more frequently diagnosed.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
I've spent a bunch of time reading about it. There are a lot of different therapies used in the attempt to restart. Leaving anabolics out, bad eating, overweight, diabetes, etc all can be causes of shutdown and sometimes shutdown is reversible. There is a good bit of information out there on the topic as low testosterone levels are becoming more frequent, and more frequently diagnosed.
I meant by being part of AI's team. I think I'm going to take this route. I can learn more about anabolics on my own time...but this is interesting, and perhaps more important to know about. Good stuff. This helps a lot.