Anyone ever suffered serious liver damage?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

nah man he didnt die.. i meant to say he got his liver checked out.. i guess it was at a stage 4/5 and 5 is liver failure.. but like i said their family friend / doctor specializes in crazy herbal **** and she actually had him on some medicated droplets (taken orally) to help repair his liver...

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.24%

Take a look at this M-Drol Video News Clip .. Link ---:> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGzabtUS-M4

They were taking two methylated compounds at the same time and suffered serious liver damage.
    “Just be advised that the above information posted is not medical advice and should only be used for fun and entertainment.”
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by middleageguy
    Take a look at this M-Drol Video News Clip .. Link ---:> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGzabtUS-M4

They were taking two methylated compounds at the same time and suffered serious liver damage.
    Ive seen that clip.
    They ran like 2 bottles back to back with no liver support or PCT!!!
    Think it was like 60 days!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.15%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It is really funny how people like to perpetuate the myth that "support sups" will protect them and prevent any liver damage.
    Something like NAC... no, it won't do as much as people seem to think.
    TUDCA on the other hand... yes it's very good. Can be used to protect or even treat.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

dude that was the mdrol my buddy ran 3x.. and im pretty sure he diid it once before his liver was ****ed, and has ran it twice since his liver was fixed..
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.11%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    It is really funny how people like to perpetuate the myth that "support sups" will protect them and prevent any liver damage.
    This^
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

Been off for 48 hours now and running TUDCA at 750mg/day. Symptoms have subsided and appetite has returned. Not taking any chances though, Doc appt on Wed morning for bloods - ealiest I can get in. I'll post labs when they come through.
    "If you weren't there for my struggle, don't expect to be there for my success."
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Seriously. After reading, the message in my mind was exactly this. The message should be more like "methyls are still risky as fock, but taking these are better than NOT taking them. Do yourself a favor and, if you're dead set on running ph/aas, then go find some real gear."
    "If you weren't there for my struggle, don't expect to be there for my success."
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BadSeed
    Been off for 48 hours now and running TUDCA at 750mg/day. Symptoms have subsided and appetite has returned. Not taking any chances though, Doc appt on Wed morning for bloods - ealiest I can get in. I'll post labs when they come through.
    Glad you're feeling better man.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.47%

I just got my blood results back from a month ago. Ast - 46 (1-35) and alt - 72 (30-65) is this something to worry about?
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.75%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto31 View Post
    I just got my blood results back from a month ago. Ast - 46 (1-35) and alt - 72 (30-65) is this something to worry about?
    That isn't too bad. Do yourself a favor...
    Lay off the harsh supps. Don't touch alcohol and get some liver support

Your values aren't so high I would freak out... But they are obv higher than they should be.
    Orbit Nutrition Representative

http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.75%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
    O
    Hope all goes well
    Please post labs
    Stay healthy !
    Orbit Nutrition Representative

http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto31
    What were u taking for a PH and what support sup?
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto31 View Post
    most doctors would let you still use prescription meds that cause liver issues at those #s. hopefully that was on or just after an oral cycle though, if its not then it could be a health issue.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.47%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

What were u taking for a PH and what support sup?
    Ran androhard in Dec-Jan w no support. This test was march 21st. I have a few (sometimes too many) beers 1 night a week on average. Diet is clean and I drink a lot of water. I was planning on starting a test/dbol cycle soon but...
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto31

Ran androhard in Dec-Jan w no support. This test was march 21st. I have a few (sometimes too many) beers 1 night a week on average. Diet is clean and I drink a lot of water. I was planning on starting a test/dbol cycle soon but...
    Don't think AndroHard would do that to your liver.

ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.01%

@MikeG313 were you cycling superdrol when that happened to you?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

my buddy only ran nolvadex xt for his pct... is that not enough? he didnt seem to have that bad of suppression, but then again, he did lose some gains.. but THEN AGAIN, its hard to tell cause he got so retartedly bloated on the mdrol, he had to become unbloated after.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  129 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.65%

Dam, Maybe I wont run some super dmz this summer... Ill just add tren ace instead. Although I dont think its great for the liver either
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.11%

Quote Originally Posted by jpg0923
    @MikeG313 were you cycling superdrol when that happened to you?
    Yes I was. It was my second and last sd cycle. The first one went well so six months later I ran the second and that happened. Sometimes you're lucky sometimes you're not.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

Is there any shred of evidence that liver supps (besides tudca) do anything at all...i mean I've never seen a liver blood panel look "good" after a methyl cycle. I'm thinking that the only way to be"safe" is use of tudca or dropping doses back down to sane dosing patterns that many have seem to abandoned "cause I got liv 52 bro, it's ayruvedic, and studied"
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Yes I was. It was my second and last sd cycle. The first one went well so six months later I ran the second and that happened. Sometimes you're lucky sometimes you're not.
    Thats crazy that it was the same compound. I ran Ultra stacked w Trenazone a few months back and had ZERO issues. Best cycle ever, This time, Ultra solo does me in. Go figure.
  23. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by GodofWine View Post
    Is there any shred of evidence that liver supps (besides tudca) do anything at all...i mean I've never seen a liver blood panel look "good" after a methyl cycle. I'm thinking that the only way to be"safe" is use of tudca or dropping doses back down to sane dosing patterns that many have seem to abandoned "cause I got liv 52 bro, it's ayruvedic, and studied"
    They do exist.

Up to 50mg/d with only 800mg NAC and 600mg ALA.

You should pay more concern to lipids IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    You should pay more concern to lipids IMHO.
    I am going to have a thread on this up shortly.. not sure how much of an increased risk actually come from androgen use despite the changes in lipid profiles. Seems to be fairly unclear what these changes truly represent
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313

Fuk. I'm gearing up for a suprdrol cycle. U hear so many mixed reveiws about this...kinda makes me think about backing down and staying natty. I remember when u posted about ur heart attack hope all is good now g
    Stress is #1 killing. Above all else
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  26. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

TUDCA
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.11%

Quote Originally Posted by murk01

Fuk. I'm gearing up for a suprdrol cycle. U hear so many mixed reveiws about this...kinda makes me think about backing down and staying natty. I remember when u posted about ur heart attack hope all is good now g
    Stress is #1 killing. Above all else
    Doing better now. I'm not a fan of orals but if I didn't have that experience then I'd most likely still run them. Just be careful as you can and take all the precautions. Risks are there but so are rewards. It's just luck sometimes what ya get but I'd say the odds are in your favor just not %100
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

No, never suffered serious liver damage. I'm not a dumbass.
  29. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I am going to have a thread on this up shortly.. not sure how much of an increased risk actually come from androgen use despite the changes in lipid profiles. Seems to be fairly unclear what these changes truly represent
    IMHO any adverse liver function that may take place in some will do so with Tylenol, Rx, alcohol, excercise and a host of other variables, that for the verty most part, once the substance is removed, usually return to healthy baseline values rather rapidly. The liver is quite resilient in that capacilty. Using precautionary protective anti-oxidant supplements tends to be effective as those liver values clearly display.

On the otherhand the precautionary measures taken by most tend not to be as protective to lipids. In regard to lipids I would be more concerned because there can tend to be a greater delay in return to healthy normal range of lipid values, if at all, in some users. IMHO lipids produce greater risk to overall health.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.57%

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    I'm not a dumbass.
    Not sure if srs? Haha just kidding, but I am sure you have looked into the matter do you have any other thoughts on oral aas and liver damage?
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Can someone explain to me about lipids? Or link me, also don't know what TUDCA is, I'm about to start first cycle (helladrol) which is supposed to be mild but I do have concerns about liver damage. Also though I rarely drink alcohol anymore, maybe one or two drinks every month or two.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  32. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro
    Can someone explain to me about lipids? Or link me, also don't know what TUDCA is, I'm about to start first cycle (helladrol) which is supposed to be mild but I do have concerns about liver damage. Also though I rarely drink alcohol anymore, maybe one or two drinks every month or two.
    There's some threads around this board on TUDCA.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

There's some threads around this board on TUDCA.
    Yeah I'm going through some but so far only finding stuff about how to dose it or how it compares to other things.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Maybe someone can chime in for me, but all I'm running is my cycle and TUDCA, & baby chewable aspirin, I actually put a hold on Organ Shield (which has NAC, Milk Thistle) cause I think I was getting more head aches from Organ Shield.

So TUDCA is effective enough by itself correct?
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    lipids is cholesterol levels. Most orals drop your hdl significantly while raising your LDL. long term leads to arterial stiffening, plaque, etc
  36. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

IMHO any adverse liver function that may take place in some will do so with Tylenol, Rx, alcohol, excercise and a host of other variables, that for the verty most part, once the substance is removed, usually return to healthy baseline values rather rapidly. The liver is quite resilient in that capacilty. Using precautionary protective anti-oxidant supplements tends to be effective as those liver values clearly display.
    I agree completely but overall I think the hepatotoxicity from oral steroids have been exaggerated as simply using AST/ALT ratios (which is what most use to gauge) can be misleading

Anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity: is it overstated?

On the otherhand the precautionary measures taken by most tend not to be as protective to lipids. In regard to lipids I would be more concerned because there can tend to be a greater delay in return to healthy normal range of lipid values, if at all, in some users. IMHO lipids produce greater risk to overall health.
    There is no doubt that androgens have a significant effect on our lipids however these androgen induced declines in HDL does not automatically have to be assumed to be proatherogenic but instead may be the result of accelerated reverse cholesterol transport and not necessarily equal an increased CVD risk.

Androgens increase the activity of hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTGL) (PMID:4033402) and it is believed that HTGL activity is pretty protective against CVD risk (PMID:7853704) which then ask the question, does the reduced amount of HDL particles one experiences as a result from androgen use actually lead to an increased CVD risk considering the protective activity of some of the HDL fractions are not reduced?
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

I agree completely but overall I think the hepatotoxicity from oral steroids have been exaggerated as simply using AST/ALT ratios (which is what most use to gauge) can be misleading

Anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity: is it overstated?

There is no doubt that androgens have a significant effect on our lipids however these androgen induced declines in HDL does not automatically have to be assumed to be proatherogenic but instead may be the result of accelerated reverse cholesterol transport and not necessarily equal an increased CVD risk.

Androgens increase the activity of hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTGL) (PMID:4033402) and it is believed that HTGL activity is pretty protective against CVD risk (PMID:7853704) which then ask the question, does the reduced amount of HDL particles one experiences as a result from androgen use actually lead to an increased CVD risk considering the protective activity of some of the HDL fractions are not reduced?
    I need to know what this means in laymans terms, am I too concerned with HDL reduction
  38. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%

Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    I need to know what this means in laymans terms, am I too concerned with HDL reduction
    No you arent, the take away wasnt to suggest that we should make light of HDL reductions as they are definitely negatively correlated with CVD and HDL does have a protective effect, rather that the implication this androgen induced reduction has isnt as clear as it seems.
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    but I am sure you have looked into the matter do you have any other thoughts on oral aas and liver damage?
    I have looked into it.

I think a lot of factors will come into play here, with the biggest one being genetics.

people dont generally tend to live healthy lifestyles, then they want to go and use steroids, add in genetic factors, and you could have a problem.

I dont really have any other thoughts on the subject.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Any ideas on how to keep HDL up while on cycle?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
  2. Liver damage
    By rombusempire in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 02:02 PM
  3. liver damage
    By jcp2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
  4. Liver damage from PH or DS