Short cycles, some thoughts - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Short cycles, some thoughts

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. the triumph of the grill

Quote Originally Posted by blown_stang
    OK, I'm having trouble telling if this is base, prop, etc. It's all in Spanish. Fort Dodge brand eq, 50mg/ml. :-/
    Heh, Fort Dodge. That's my home town.

Man, I never thought about the source possibilities. I know dozens of people who work at the labs there...

(NO THIS IS NOT A SOURCE OFFER DON'T CONTACT ME!)

-kwantam

2. Superman

Quote Originally Posted by size
    This combo will work well. I would aim for 75-100mg of test daily and 35-60mg tren daily.
    Thanks for the reply size...those numbers look good. I am going for a recomp/lean mass cycle out of this...would u add any orals to this, I was thinking about winny but I dont know if I want to deal with the joint pain.
  3. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manu20
    I am going for a recomp/lean mass cycle out of this...would u add any orals to this, I was thinking about winny but I dont know if I want to deal with the joint pain.
    Adding an oral is fine if you want to but it is not needed. Oxandrolone would be the #1 choice in my opinion.
    •   

4. New Member

I thought the idea of short cycles was to blast, and get in and out without too much damage to your HTPA.

I just did two short cycles, one 15 days and one 30 days.
    The 15 day one went much better then the 30 day one IMO because I had literally no crash post cycle, and that was my main reason for doing short cycles. When I did the 30 day one, I was depressed and lost interest in eating and training, and to me thats what I was trying to avoid. I ended up losing all my gains on both cycles because of this.
    However, the 15 day cycle allowed me to gain 4-5lbs that I was easily able to hold on to, and thats what im after.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theseus
    I thought the idea of short cycles was to blast, and get in and out without too much damage to your HTPA.

I just did two short cycles, one 15 days and one 30 days.
    The 15 day one went much better then the 30 day one IMO because I had literally no crash post cycle, and that was my main reason for doing short cycles. When I did the 30 day one, I was depressed and lost interest in eating and training, and to me thats what I was trying to avoid. I ended up losing all my gains on both cycles because of this.
    However, the 15 day cycle allowed me to gain 4-5lbs that I was easily able to hold on to, and thats what im after.
    What were the cycles of?
  6. New Member

Test Prop :150mg/ed
    Dianabol : 50mg/ed

Nolva PCT : 40/40/20/20
  7. Registered User

Thanks, good to know.
  8. New Member

Just an update. Ive been off for about a month now since my last blast of 4 weeks on, and I found that its still too much. Ive tried (2) longer cycles of 8 weeks, and I crash with depression/anxiety lack of motivation etc with each one. So im going to be experimenting with day amounts until I hit the right amount of time for me. This one will be 17days on cycle. I have done a short 14 day one in the past, and I experieced NO crash whatsoever post cycle. Not even a drop in strength, and maybe only a loss of 1-2lbs post cycle. BUt I was taking dbol, so there ya go.

Im 240 10% @ 5'10'' 21 years old. I will be getting my BF hydro tested in 2-3 weeks in lab, so I can be more specific then.

Ill be taking 200mg B-6 ed

Day 1-3: Tren Ace 100mg NPP 100mg
    Day 4-11: Tren Ace 100mg NPP 100mg Winny 100mg
    Day 12-17: Tren Ace 75mg NPP 75mg Winny 50mg
    Day 18-23: 50mg Nolva
    Day 24-30: 40mg Nolva
    Day 31-40: 25mg nolva
    Day 40-xx: Off everything until I feel fully recovered. At least 10 days

I will more then likely run 80mg of IGF from day 5-35 as well to help with recovery.

Should I bother with femera during my cycle, because estrogen doesnt seem like it would be an issue at only 2 weeks.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by theseus
    Just an update. Ive been off for about a month now since my last blast of 4 weeks on, and I found that its still too much. Ive tried (2) longer cycles of 8 weeks, and I crash with depression/anxiety lack of motivation etc with each one. So im going to be experimenting with day amounts until I hit the right amount of time for me. This one will be 17days on cycle. I have done a short 14 day one in the past, and I experieced NO crash whatsoever post cycle. Not even a drop in strength, and maybe only a loss of 1-2lbs post cycle. BUt I was taking dbol, so there ya go.

Im 240 10% @ 5'10'' 21 years old. I will be getting my BF hydro tested in 2-3 weeks in lab, so I can be more specific then.

Ill be taking 200mg B-6 ed

Day 1-3: Tren Ace 100mg NPP 100mg
    Day 4-11: Tren Ace 100mg NPP 100mg Winny 100mg
    Day 12-17: Tren Ace 75mg NPP 75mg Winny 50mg
    Day 18-23: 50mg Nolva
    Day 24-30: 40mg Nolva
    Day 31-40: 25mg nolva
    Day 40-xx: Off everything until I feel fully recovered. At least 10 days

I will more then likely run 80mg of IGF from day 5-35 as well to help with recovery.

Should I bother with femera during my cycle, because estrogen doesnt seem like it would be an issue at only 2 weeks.
    Do you use HCG? I would say if you have such massive problems with recovery and you're using HCG you might try using androgens to assist cutting rather than for putting on size, that would probably be more useful. Just do 2 weeks on and cut pretty hard, one month off like you have planned where you eat hypercalorically (just keep it clean and don't overdo it).
  10. Professional Member

I think you should run your cycles in anabolic/androgenic phases, doing this has allowed me to run 30-40days cycles with very little shutdown and minimal PCT blues
  11. Professional Member

Thought I would bring this back up b/c I have gotten a fair amount of positive feedback from utilizing this approach. Numerous experienced guys have contacted me detailing good gains and a much better overall physical feeling especially when entering, during, and after post cycle.

For those of you who have not read this thread, I encourage you to do so.
  12. New Member

yea size I am starting to put this theory to work this year....at least in 2006.....especially for bulking cycles..since I stop growing around week 6 anyways.....although I believe cutting cycles should be longer..thats why this summer I will run an eq/test/m4ohn cutter all at low doses with strict diet! good info here bros
  13. Professional Member

Size you know I love these cycles and I've had great success with them. Anyone who wants some solid gains, avoid sides and very easy PCT's these cycles are for you.
  14. Registered User

Everyone has been on an ALR bashing streak b/c of the Methoxy TRN, so I think it is important that we consider the fact that while I doubt ALR invented the idea of short cycles, he has exhaustively laid them out and is a huge proponent. One of his main reasons for this is health benefits.
  15. Banned

Yeah, I agree. And for what it's worth, I hear that the couple of people I know who tried the MethloxyTRN loved it.
    Ya always get bashed when you're on top is how I see it. I mean, who believes RSOC --- I mean BK --- anyway?
  16. New Member

What role if any would deca or eq play in a short cycle of around 6 weeks?
  17. New Member

eq and deca wouldnt play a role at all.....unless you use bold prop or NPP
  18. Banned

Sure it could. Just megadose the **** out of them the first 2 weeks, get what they offer while active, and then they clear. But yes, NPP is a much better option. And there's no short-estered bold that won't make you sorry you bought it. It all hurts if it's real.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Ok guys, couldnt enjoy a thread more and its for sure worth trying and i will in 3 weeks time, but the only thing i have access to is test e. (besides deca which i dont prefer).
    i was wondering if a 4 weeks cycle of test e. would be good especially if i front load at first week with 1000-1500 mg ??
    your thoughts and advise will be highly appreciated.
  20. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mess
    Ok guys, couldnt enjoy a thread more and its for sure worth trying and i will in 3 weeks time, but the only thing i have access to is test e. (besides deca which i dont prefer).
    i was wondering if a 4 weeks cycle of test e. would be good especially if i front load at first week with 1000-1500 mg ??
    your thoughts and advise will be highly appreciated.
    You can use a longer acting ester but it my mind it is just not preferred.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

What about doing this with the new PHs? Yeah they shut you down pretty quick, so they say. But what if one were to start ATD or UHotter 3 days before the end of the cycle just to jump-start the PCT and PCT hard?

Would it seem safe to do 4on/4off a few times before taking some serious time off? Like, for example:

4 weeks ALRI Methoxy-TRN
    4 weeks PCT
    4 weeks MAX LMG
    4 weeks PCT
    4 weeks Superdrol
    6 weeks PCT
    6 weeks OFF at least...

Thoughts?
  22. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    What about doing this with the new PHs? Yeah they shut you down pretty quick, so they say. But what if one were to start ATD or UHotter 3 days before the end of the cycle just to jump-start the PCT and PCT hard?

Would it seem safe to do 4on/4off a few times before taking some serious time off? Like, for example:

4 weeks ALRI Methoxy-TRN
    4 weeks PCT
    4 weeks MAX LMG
    4 weeks PCT
    4 weeks Superdrol
    6 weeks PCT
    6 weeks OFF at least...

Thoughts?
    This is pretty common to piggyback short ph cycles. I have read of quite a few guys doing 2 in a row like this. Obvioulsy its very important to take all the proper supplements (RYR,Policosanol,Celery, etc, etc.) I am planning on piggybacking at least two like this. I did 4 weeks of SD and unfortunately got sick right into pct and lost some of my gains. I still held it remarkably well though. For being sick and not working out I was shocked at the gains retained. So I am planning on doing another 4 week stint with PP.

I dont know how many times it would be safe to do this though. I have read of guys with horrible lipid values and their levels came back relatively quick, but I think two many of these back to back would really keep your lipids screwed up for too long.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

Hm, yes. I was beginning to contemplate doing 4 of those. That would keep me busy from January to September with the PCT, time off 'til Late december.

Or maybe doing

Jan ON
    Feb PCT
    Mar ON
    Apr PCT
    May OFF
    June ON
    July PCT
    Aug ON
    Sep PCT
    Oct-Dec OFF

What do y'all thinks?
  24. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    Hm, yes. I was beginning to contemplate doing 4 of those. That would keep me busy from January to September with the PCT, time off 'til Late december.

Or maybe doing

Jan ON
    Feb PCT
    Mar ON
    Apr PCT
    May OFF
    June ON
    July PCT
    Aug ON
    Sep PCT
    Oct-Dec OFF

What do y'all thinks?
    I think that would be much wiser. And if you're going to run that many cycles, make sure you get bloodwork. Before June would be perfect, especially if you get a baseline to compare it to.
  25. New Member

just want to let you guys know

I did a transdemal short cycle (Jminis style) before chrismas

I did 4ad (at a total of 8g and 1-testosterone (at a total of 6g) over a period of 14 days thats 1 g pro hormones/hormones a day splitt in two doses AM and PM

day -1 frontloaded with 1g dose AM and 1g dose PM
    day 0-10 500mg AM and 500mg PM
    day 11 400mg AM 400mg PM
    day 12 300mg AM 300mg PM
    day 13 200mg AM 200mg PM
    day 14 100mg AM 100mg PM
    day 15-28 post cycle therapy

I gained some water weigth due to the 4ad
    My cals were 4-500 above maintance not mutch but I wantet a clean steady gain

before cycle I were 225 waist 39,5
    last day on cycle i were 235 waist 39
    last day on post cycle therapy 230 waist 38,5
    now 2 weeks after post cycle therapy has ended I am still 230 and my waist is 38

strenght went upp and continued to du so post cycle therapy and even now off cycle aswell
    On cycle were in training week 1 and 2
    PCT were training week 3 and 4
    Now off week 5-6 and is halway during week 7.

Next upp is a 8 day micro cycle of Ergomax lmg

day 0
    40 mg at AM 20mg 8 houer later to saturate bloodlevels and muscles before start
    day 1-8 10mgx3 at 8 houers intervals
    day 9-16 post cycle therapy

This I do for obvius reasons

My WO is 2 days in a row and 2 days off in a row

Any inputs are higly welcomed

thanks
  26. New Member

bump for anyone to share their experience with short cycles.

Im planning on doing another one shortly that will look like the following:

day1: test prop 300mg / TA:75mg ED
    day 2-13: test prop 100mg/ TA:50mg ED
    day 2-14: dbol: 30mg day (possibly as I like to stay away from orals)
    letrozole 1mg/day

pct:
    week 1: nolva 40mg / Mirt 5mg day
    week 2: nolva 20mg / Mirt 5mg day
    week 3: nolva 10mg

slin 8iu 2x day

starting weight should be 232 @ 9% im 5 10'

Hoping for 3-4 lb of muscle gained after the end of PCT.

Protein :460g day
    Carbs 350g day
    fat 70g day
  27. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur
    just want to let you guys know

I did a transdemal short cycle (Jminis style) before chrismas

I did 4ad (at a total of 8g and 1-testosterone (at a total of 6g) over a period of 14 days thats 1 g pro hormones/hormones a day splitt in two doses AM and PM

day -1 frontloaded with 1g dose AM and 1g dose PM
    day 0-10 500mg AM and 500mg PM
    day 11 400mg AM 400mg PM
    day 12 300mg AM 300mg PM
    day 13 200mg AM 200mg PM
    day 14 100mg AM 100mg PM
    day 15-28 post cycle therapy

I gained some water weigth due to the 4ad
    My cals were 4-500 above maintance not mutch but I wantet a clean steady gain

before cycle I were 225 waist 39,5
    last day on cycle i were 235 waist 39
    last day on post cycle therapy 230 waist 38,5
    now 2 weeks after post cycle therapy has ended I am still 230 and my waist is 38

strenght went upp and continued to du so post cycle therapy and even now off cycle aswell
    On cycle were in training week 1 and 2
    post cycle therapy were training week 3 and 4
    Now off week 5-6 and is halway during week 7.

Next upp is a 8 day micro cycle of Ergomax lmg

day 0
    40 mg at AM 20mg 8 houer later to saturate bloodlevels and muscles before start
    day 1-8 10mgx3 at 8 houers intervals
    day 9-16 post cycle therapy

This I do for obvius reasons

My WO is 2 days in a row and 2 days off in a row

Any inputs are higly welcomed

thanks

Bump on the short cycle... (micro ergo cycle?)
  28. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by xtraflossy
    Bump on the short cycle... (micro ergo cycle?)
    Not too sure about the micro ergo cycle(8 days is too short in my opinion) but in general I think one should be able to make decent keepable gains over short periods of time. This is especailly the case if one sets up for such a period.
  29. Board Supporter

How do you mean "set up" for such a time??
    I have yet find myself waken' up in a pool of my own sweat, missing my wallet and On cycle
  30. Professional Member

How do you mean "set up" for such a time??
    There are a few ways that one could set up for following such a cycle. One of which would be strategic deconditioning. Also set up in the sense that everything is in line such as training, nutrition, and rest so one can make the most out of the short period of time.
  31. Board Supporter

lol- gotcha

I honestly don't have that sort of dissapline to decondition... at least for an effective period of time...

But I do know that a super grocery shopping spree would be in order!! izza: :hot:

.... I mean, how fat can you get in 15 days....
  32. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    I think you should run your cycles in anabolic/androgenic phases, doing this has allowed me to run 30-40days cycles with very little shutdown and minimal post cycle therapy blues
    Jminis - Could you briefly summarize the basics of cycling in anabolic/androgenic phases, or else provide a link to a good reference? I'm interested in this but don't fully understand it.
  33. Professional Member

lol- gotcha

I honestly don't have that sort of dissapline to decondition... at least for an effective period of time...
    12 days would be enough to decondition.
  34. Board Supporter

12 days would be enough to decondition.
    Hmm,. well,.. I was thinking 21+ days. Nice.

I too am curious about anabolic/androgenic phases. I can only assume it means using different anabolics, keeping the androgenic for last,.. or first,..
  35. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Could you briefly summarize the basics of cycling in anabolic/androgenic phases, or else provide a link to a good reference?
    The phases are in relation to drug choice. So one period is more anabolic and the other more androgenic while determined by drug selection.
  36. Senior Member

The evidence for benefit from short deconditioning periods is pretty weak. Though soviet studies have shown weightlifters will have up to a 20% reduction in strength over a 2 week period, weightlifting is a highly technical activity and the applicability of this information to bodybuilding is pretty low.

Since the majority of people here are purely concerned with aesthetics I don't really have any solid advice to give, but if you were an athlete, I would tell you to focus on other motor qualities besides strength for a month, while doing extremely low volume strength training purely for maintenance purposes. In particular, I think spending a month a couple times a year just doing large volumes of GPP and endurance work would be extremely beneficial to your long term athletic progress.

As far as strength training goes I would have to say that taking any time "completely off" is probably not optimal and you would be better served by reducing your volume or intensity somewhat for 2-4 weeks depending on how physically beat up you are.
  37. Registered User

The phases are in relation to drug choice. So one period is more anabolic and the other more androgenic while determined by drug selection.
    Thanks... I kind of assumed that. But do you run the androgenic phase first and then shift over to more anabolic drugs, or vice versa? Could this be used for a short 4-8 week cycle with orals or fast esters, or does it apply only to longer cycles?
  38. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Thanks... I kind of assumed that. But do you run the androgenic phase first and then shift over to more anabolic drugs, or vice versa? Could this be used for a short 4-8 week cycle with orals or fast esters, or does it apply only to longer cycles?
    I think arguments could be made for both ways.

I found the more androgenic the compound, the faster I get shut down.
    Making the argument for placing it first would be you can get instant strength (almost) and gain becasue you have more matty test and such. Leaving a more anabolic compound becasue you might regain some natural production before you start PCT, making the gains stick easier.
    OR
    Leaving the more androgenic compound for last to solidify gains..
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I found the more androgenic the compound, the faster I get shut down.
    Making the argument for placing it first would be you can get instant strength (almost) and gain becasue you have more matty test and such. Leaving a more anabolic compound becasue you might regain some natural production before you start post cycle therapy, making the gains stick easier.
    I believe this was the method and reasoning ALR gives in Building the Perfect Beast, to jumpstart with the more androgenic compound, as the body won't shutdown until 14-21 days, and then continue with the anabolic compound to prevent shutdown (or a harsher one).
  40. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    I believe this was the method and reasoning ALR gives in Building the Perfect Beast, to jumpstart with the more androgenic compound, as the body won't shutdown until 14-21 days, and then continue with the anabolic compound to prevent shutdown (or a harsher one).
    In Building the Perfect Beast ALR constructs his "Absolute Anabolic Phases" without the use of AAS. He uses AAS only for the androgenic phase. For the anabolic phase he uses things like insulin and GH.

Which has got me confused as to whether Size and Jminis are talking about Androgenic/Anabolic phases in terms of what ALR is saying, or else are they referring to an AAS cycle with Andro/Anabolic phases, which would be completely different.

Also, while it is true that the most androgenic substances often cause fast shutdown, the steroid with perhaps the highest anabolic:androgenic ratio, deca, also causes quick shutdown through progesterone activity. What AAS drugs could one use during tbe "anabolic phase" that wouldn't cause shutdown?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 11:39 PM
  2. Need some thoughts on an upcoming cycle
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 01:59 PM
  3. New & First Cycle - Some Questions
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:29 PM
  4. Replies: 22