Short cycles, some thoughts

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

1. Alright you say you start seeing your gains around week 6.

Ok if you were to do 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off three times a year, like size said.
    Would total to 24 weeks on, which is basically how much you are on right now.

And in the scenario of 4weeks on 4 weeks off, you would still be in the 24 weeks on area.

So the differences I see are, if you did longer cycles, you would probably gain more in size and strength, but also in sides.

So in conclusion, it would come down to your goals.

2. Quote Originally Posted by size
    by MuscleTrainee
    Cycle design:
    Consider this cycle: Nandrolone phenylpropionate(EOD), tren(EOD), Winstrol depot((ED), optional Anavar(ED).
    That cycle seems very odd to me. Okay, tren, NPP, winny, and var? Two orals, and two of the most supressive compounds stacked together...LOL

I guess you could get away with the sides more since you'll only be on for a short time span, but that just seems greek to me...

Although, don't knock it till you try it, right?

Jminis, let us all know how it pans out man, I'd like to hear some more personal experiences....
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Harland
    Alright you say you start seeing your gains around week 6.

Ok if you were to do 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off three times a year, like size said.
    Would total to 24 weeks on, which is basically how much you are on right now.

And in the scenario of 4weeks on 4 weeks off, you would still be in the 24 weeks on area.

So the differences I see are, if you did longer cycles, you would probably gain more in size and strength, but also in sides.

So in conclusion, it would come down to your goals.
    Agreed ! Yeah, I can see 8 weekers.

So keeping in mind goals, side/safety........ect.......
    whould a protocol for benefit one person better over another. What I mean, is like, would guys cutting be better served with longer cycles..........and bulker's......better off with shorter ? Also being endo, ecto or meso.........how would these factors play into one choosing a protocol ?

I guess it really boils down to......plan it, try and find out.

4. I think on benifet of short cycles could be the off time and how you bridge it to the next on time.

As someone said, it would be optimal for those 4-8 weeks to do some IGF/SLIN/DNP/CLEN or whatever you want.

5. size,

the article by MuscleTrainee states that he is using tren and nor and no test in his cycle. What are your thoughts on that? I was under the impression that it is not a good idea to mix the two together becuase of progesterone induced gyno. Also he states that Winny is primarily anabolic not androgenic, does that sound correct?
    •   

6. I do not fully agree with the information in the article, but rather the idea or notion of the short cycle is the importance of the article. Cycles adjustments should be made in my opinion. "Consider this cycle: Nandrolone phenylpropionate(EOD), tren(EOD), Winstrol depot((ED), optional Anavar(ED). " is NOT a cycle I would choose.

7. I am very interested in this concept. My next cycle will be a short one. One of the downsides I see in trying to put a short cycle together, is that you're limited to a couple of AAS b/c of their half lives.

8. but you are limited to some of the best ones, fina, test, dbol.... etc.

9. Quote Originally Posted by KingMeso
    I am very interested in this concept. My next cycle will be a short one. One of the downsides I see in trying to put a short cycle together, is that you're limited to a couple of AAS b/c of their half lives.
    Well, you can get any compound with a shorter ester or no ester for that matter and their usually widely available....

I'm still wanting to do my test suspension/bold suspension mix this coming winter....I wasn't planning on a short length though...probably around 10-12 weeks....I probably won't even use longer esters again...short and fast acting is the way to go IMO..

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Well, you can get any compound with a shorter ester or no ester for that matter and their usually widely available....

I'm still wanting to do my test suspension/bold suspension mix this coming winter....I wasn't planning on a short length though...probably around 10-12 weeks....I probably won't even use longer esters again...short and fast acting is the way to go IMO..
    You are a tougher man then me Jergo, 2xDay for 12 weeks, I am just sore thinking about it.

So from all the articles posted, it looks like an oral (dbol, winny, var, etc...) is essential for the success of a short cycle?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    You are a tougher man then me Jergo, 2xDay for 12 weeks, I am just sore thinking about it.

So from all the articles posted, it looks like an oral (dbol, winny, var, etc...) is essential for the success of a short cycle?

Hehe, yeah well I haven't started it yet, so my thoughts on twice daily injects might take a turn for the worse once I'm already on....LOL..

But yeah, orals would be good to use, and you could use them for the duration of the cycle since it's only 4-6 weeks....
  12. Talking

Hi,

first Id like to congratulate all of you for this damn good board...
    second I want to excuse for my poor english.
    I´m very fascinated by the short cycles and I think I´ll try one of these.
    I want to use 75mg of Tren acetat eod and 20-30mg of oxandolone ed.
    What do you think about ist? Will it be ok? I don´t want to bloat and keep the sides as low as possible.
    I´m planing for a 3-4 week cycle.
    with at least 3-4 month off in between. My goal is not to look lilke a freakin monster
    Thanx
    Nidan from Germany

BTW Here the bros are doin 20+ weeks cycles...ts much to long for me

13. Quote Originally Posted by nidan
    Hi,

first Id like to congratulate all of you for this damn good board...
    second I want to excuse for my poor english.
    I´m very fascinated by the short cycles and I think I´ll try one of these.
    I want to use 75mg of Tren acetat eod and 20-30mg of oxandolone ed.
    What do you think about ist? Will it be ok? I don´t want to bloat and keep the sides as low as possible.
    I´m planing for a 3-4 week cycle.
    with at least 3-4 month off in between. My goal is not to look lilke a freakin monster
    Thanx
    Nidan from Germany

BTW Here the bros are doin 20+ weeks cycles...ts much to long for me
    might want to throw some test prop in there with it for a great cycle. 150 EOD would go nicely.

14. 150mg of pro eod?
    is it best to inject ed? i mean day 1. tren, day 2. pro, day 3. tren and so on or better to use all together in one siringe?
    and what about the recovery? what ist best to use: nolva, clomid finastride?

nidan

15. yeah, you could do it that way if you wanted but personally i would put it all in one syringe that way i wouldn't have to stick myself ed. i'd go for about 8 weeks with it and have clomid and nolva as PCT. pretty simple and common cycle.

16. I have also been giving the short cycles some thought, I was thinking of this.
    150mg test prop eod 1-5
    75mg 1test base ed 1-5
    25mg dbol ed 1-4
    What do you guys think of this.

17. I remeber T-mag advocating short cycles a number of years ago... It seems to make more sense to do it this way: less sides, less time on, and smaller gains. My concern is that to do this right one would have to use Winny and Fina, two drugs that make people lose hair at an alarming rate. I guess if you uses it for three week cycles then it might not be that bad, if any thing.
    And what would be the PCT on a cycle this short? Nolva? Anything?

18. I really don't think a 4 week prop cycle will do much if anything. Anything below 8 weeks with a prop ester is IMO a waste. For me, prop gains don't really start to come in and wreck havoc until about 3-3.5 weeks in. Now I'm not talking about when I start to "feel it"....increased libido, hardness, mild strength and size gains are apparent at about 1.5 weeks in....but to get the bang for your buck, IMO, it should be run no shorter than 8 weeks. Any less, and there's a good chance you'll be majorly dissapointed....again though, this is my experience and others mileage may vary...

Another thing with that is, that if you DO decide to run say test prop for 4-5 weeks, you'll wanna use a much higher dose...I would probably use at the least 900 or so mg/week. That would probably get you up and in the curve alot faster and then could benefit from it in a much shorter time span...just my 2cc's...

19. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    I remeber T-mag advocating short cycles a number of years ago... It seems to make more sense to do it this way: less sides, less time on, and smaller gains. My concern is that to do this right one would have to use Winny and Fina, two drugs that make people lose hair at an alarming rate. I guess if you uses it for three week cycles then it might not be that bad, if any thing.
    And what would be the PCT on a cycle this short? Nolva? Anything?

You always gotta do PCT bro....nolva, clomid, will suffice...run it for 4 weeks just like anythin else...

20. the two above articles have the person starting the PCT, and the study from the meso address had the subject start the PCT with the very first shot. ??? ???

Jergo, I agree, I would probably would be disappointed after a four week prop cycle, if the cycle was just like one that was designed to go longer. I was wondering if what the authors were talking about is using more gear for a shorter period of time, ie 100mg prop ED instead of EOD, with a front load of 200mg for the first shot + a harsh oral.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    That cycle seems very odd to me. Okay, tren, NPP, winny, and var? Two orals, and two of the most supressive compounds stacked together...LOL

I guess you could get away with the sides more since you'll only be on for a short time span, but that just seems greek to me...

Although, don't knock it till you try it, right?

Jminis, let us all know how it pans out man, I'd like to hear some more personal experiences....
    As soon as things get settled with me (in the middle of a move) I will start a thread about my cycle, by that time I will be two weeks into PCT. I will tell you guys this now, I ended up about 18-19lbs and an increase of about 1.5-2%bf Later fellas, J

22. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    As soon as things get settled with me (in the middle of a move) I will start a thread about my cycle, by that time I will be two weeks into PCT. I will tell you guys this now, I ended up about 18-19lbs and an increase of about 1.5-2%bf Later fellas, J
    Damn, that's pretty descent man. Nice work...18-20lbs. is okay in my book, anxious to see how well you keep everything since it was a shorter cycle. Does anybody else buy into the theory that the longer you're on, the easier it is to maintain gains? I always wanted to believe it, but hell if jminis doesn't have any complaints, then that would kinda rule that theory out....well, as per a general experiment of course...

Definately something I wanna read/learn more about...

Hey Jblaze, if you're reading this man, care to chime in on those few short cycles that you used to run? Weren't you using it to cut or somehting??? Any thoughts, experiences would be useful here I think...thx bud...

23. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Damn, that's pretty descent man. Nice work...18-20lbs. is okay in my book..
    I think that is more than okay. However, realize that jminis's cycle is using hormones bases. I believe that this is an important element; test suspension and/or bold suspension

24. I ran across a cycle thread on another board for a cyclodextrin product (cyclo-bold).

http://www.synergymuscle.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53
    It's boldenone base suspended in cyclo-dextrin, which allows it to be absorbed subcutaneously (under the skin rather than IM). Cyclo-Boldenone is dosed at 50mg/mL. This is my informal journal to let people know how the product is working for me. Let me start by saying that I have been injecting .5mL twice per day sub-q using a slin pin. It takes a little patience to draw up, but the inject is completely painless.
    Unfortunalely the rep for the product is no longer around (so I've read) so I've been trying to find a recipe on how to make a similar product. I think this would be perfect for a short cycle. Any ideas on a forumla ( I posted this in the injectible forum) but so far no luck.

25. Come on, I know we got some phd level brains in this place. Help a little man out.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 12:39 AM
  2. Need some thoughts on an upcoming cycle
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 02:59 PM
  3. New & First Cycle - Some Questions
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 09:29 PM