Short cycles, some thoughts

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. I do not fully agree with the information in the article, but rather the idea or notion of the short cycle is the importance of the article. Cycles adjustments should be made in my opinion. "Consider this cycle: Nandrolone phenylpropionate(EOD), tren(EOD), Winstrol depot((ED), optional Anavar(ED). " is NOT a cycle I would choose.


  2. I am very interested in this concept. My next cycle will be a short one. One of the downsides I see in trying to put a short cycle together, is that you're limited to a couple of AAS b/c of their half lives.
    •   
       


  3. but you are limited to some of the best ones, fina, test, dbol.... etc.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by KingMeso
    I am very interested in this concept. My next cycle will be a short one. One of the downsides I see in trying to put a short cycle together, is that you're limited to a couple of AAS b/c of their half lives.
    Well, you can get any compound with a shorter ester or no ester for that matter and their usually widely available....

    I'm still wanting to do my test suspension/bold suspension mix this coming winter....I wasn't planning on a short length though...probably around 10-12 weeks....I probably won't even use longer esters again...short and fast acting is the way to go IMO..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Well, you can get any compound with a shorter ester or no ester for that matter and their usually widely available....

    I'm still wanting to do my test suspension/bold suspension mix this coming winter....I wasn't planning on a short length though...probably around 10-12 weeks....I probably won't even use longer esters again...short and fast acting is the way to go IMO..
    You are a tougher man then me Jergo, 2xDay for 12 weeks, I am just sore thinking about it.

    So from all the articles posted, it looks like an oral (dbol, winny, var, etc...) is essential for the success of a short cycle?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    You are a tougher man then me Jergo, 2xDay for 12 weeks, I am just sore thinking about it.

    So from all the articles posted, it looks like an oral (dbol, winny, var, etc...) is essential for the success of a short cycle?

    Hehe, yeah well I haven't started it yet, so my thoughts on twice daily injects might take a turn for the worse once I'm already on....LOL..

    But yeah, orals would be good to use, and you could use them for the duration of the cycle since it's only 4-6 weeks....
  7. Talking


    Hi,

    first Id like to congratulate all of you for this damn good board...
    second I want to excuse for my poor english.
    I´m very fascinated by the short cycles and I think I´ll try one of these.
    I want to use 75mg of Tren acetat eod and 20-30mg of oxandolone ed.
    What do you think about ist? Will it be ok? I don´t want to bloat and keep the sides as low as possible.
    I´m planing for a 3-4 week cycle.
    with at least 3-4 month off in between. My goal is not to look lilke a freakin monster
    Thanx
    Nidan from Germany

    BTW Here the bros are doin 20+ weeks cycles...ts much to long for me

  8. Quote Originally Posted by nidan
    Hi,

    first Id like to congratulate all of you for this damn good board...
    second I want to excuse for my poor english.
    I´m very fascinated by the short cycles and I think I´ll try one of these.
    I want to use 75mg of Tren acetat eod and 20-30mg of oxandolone ed.
    What do you think about ist? Will it be ok? I don´t want to bloat and keep the sides as low as possible.
    I´m planing for a 3-4 week cycle.
    with at least 3-4 month off in between. My goal is not to look lilke a freakin monster
    Thanx
    Nidan from Germany

    BTW Here the bros are doin 20+ weeks cycles...ts much to long for me
    might want to throw some test prop in there with it for a great cycle. 150 EOD would go nicely.

  9. 150mg of pro eod?
    is it best to inject ed? i mean day 1. tren, day 2. pro, day 3. tren and so on or better to use all together in one siringe?
    and what about the recovery? what ist best to use: nolva, clomid finastride?

    nidan

  10. yeah, you could do it that way if you wanted but personally i would put it all in one syringe that way i wouldn't have to stick myself ed. i'd go for about 8 weeks with it and have clomid and nolva as PCT. pretty simple and common cycle.
    •   
       


  11. I have also been giving the short cycles some thought, I was thinking of this.
    150mg test prop eod 1-5
    75mg 1test base ed 1-5
    25mg dbol ed 1-4
    What do you guys think of this.

  12. I remeber T-mag advocating short cycles a number of years ago... It seems to make more sense to do it this way: less sides, less time on, and smaller gains. My concern is that to do this right one would have to use Winny and Fina, two drugs that make people lose hair at an alarming rate. I guess if you uses it for three week cycles then it might not be that bad, if any thing.
    And what would be the PCT on a cycle this short? Nolva? Anything?

  13. I really don't think a 4 week prop cycle will do much if anything. Anything below 8 weeks with a prop ester is IMO a waste. For me, prop gains don't really start to come in and wreck havoc until about 3-3.5 weeks in. Now I'm not talking about when I start to "feel it"....increased libido, hardness, mild strength and size gains are apparent at about 1.5 weeks in....but to get the bang for your buck, IMO, it should be run no shorter than 8 weeks. Any less, and there's a good chance you'll be majorly dissapointed....again though, this is my experience and others mileage may vary...

    Another thing with that is, that if you DO decide to run say test prop for 4-5 weeks, you'll wanna use a much higher dose...I would probably use at the least 900 or so mg/week. That would probably get you up and in the curve alot faster and then could benefit from it in a much shorter time span...just my 2cc's...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    I remeber T-mag advocating short cycles a number of years ago... It seems to make more sense to do it this way: less sides, less time on, and smaller gains. My concern is that to do this right one would have to use Winny and Fina, two drugs that make people lose hair at an alarming rate. I guess if you uses it for three week cycles then it might not be that bad, if any thing.
    And what would be the PCT on a cycle this short? Nolva? Anything?

    You always gotta do PCT bro....nolva, clomid, will suffice...run it for 4 weeks just like anythin else...

  15. the two above articles have the person starting the PCT, and the study from the meso address had the subject start the PCT with the very first shot. ??? ???

    Jergo, I agree, I would probably would be disappointed after a four week prop cycle, if the cycle was just like one that was designed to go longer. I was wondering if what the authors were talking about is using more gear for a shorter period of time, ie 100mg prop ED instead of EOD, with a front load of 200mg for the first shot + a harsh oral.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    That cycle seems very odd to me. Okay, tren, NPP, winny, and var? Two orals, and two of the most supressive compounds stacked together...LOL

    I guess you could get away with the sides more since you'll only be on for a short time span, but that just seems greek to me...

    Although, don't knock it till you try it, right?

    Jminis, let us all know how it pans out man, I'd like to hear some more personal experiences....
    As soon as things get settled with me (in the middle of a move) I will start a thread about my cycle, by that time I will be two weeks into PCT. I will tell you guys this now, I ended up about 18-19lbs and an increase of about 1.5-2%bf Later fellas, J

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    As soon as things get settled with me (in the middle of a move) I will start a thread about my cycle, by that time I will be two weeks into PCT. I will tell you guys this now, I ended up about 18-19lbs and an increase of about 1.5-2%bf Later fellas, J
    Damn, that's pretty descent man. Nice work...18-20lbs. is okay in my book, anxious to see how well you keep everything since it was a shorter cycle. Does anybody else buy into the theory that the longer you're on, the easier it is to maintain gains? I always wanted to believe it, but hell if jminis doesn't have any complaints, then that would kinda rule that theory out....well, as per a general experiment of course...

    Definately something I wanna read/learn more about...

    Hey Jblaze, if you're reading this man, care to chime in on those few short cycles that you used to run? Weren't you using it to cut or somehting??? Any thoughts, experiences would be useful here I think...thx bud...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Damn, that's pretty descent man. Nice work...18-20lbs. is okay in my book..
    I think that is more than okay. However, realize that jminis's cycle is using hormones bases. I believe that this is an important element; test suspension and/or bold suspension

  19. I ran across a cycle thread on another board for a cyclodextrin product (cyclo-bold).

    http://www.synergymuscle.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53
    It's boldenone base suspended in cyclo-dextrin, which allows it to be absorbed subcutaneously (under the skin rather than IM). Cyclo-Boldenone is dosed at 50mg/mL. This is my informal journal to let people know how the product is working for me. Let me start by saying that I have been injecting .5mL twice per day sub-q using a slin pin. It takes a little patience to draw up, but the inject is completely painless.
    Unfortunalely the rep for the product is no longer around (so I've read) so I've been trying to find a recipe on how to make a similar product. I think this would be perfect for a short cycle. Any ideas on a forumla ( I posted this in the injectible forum) but so far no luck.

  20. Come on, I know we got some phd level brains in this place. Help a little man out.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by size
    I think that is more than okay. However, realize that jminis's cycle is using hormones bases. I believe that this is an important element; test suspension and/or bold suspension
    Exactly although as I've said before longer ester can be used I think short or no esters are the way to go to take full advantage of the cycle.

    Size you got a pm bro.

  22. Jminis, you mind posting your whole cycle and everything that you ran and if you did anything out of the ordinary for PCT? Also, did you do two injects ED? If so, what times, etc? Did you start a new training routine or stick with the one you were currently doing? All this info would be good to know. Thanks bud....

  23. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    As soon as things get settled with me (in the middle of a move) I will start a thread about my cycle, by that time I will be two weeks into PCT. I will tell you guys this now, I ended up about 18-19lbs and an increase of about 1.5-2%bf Later fellas, J
    for Jergo, LOL and btw no sticks, I felt like taking a break for the summer from pins as I was really feeling like a human pin cushion from the winter. I ran this one transdermal although the next one probably will be run and made into a supsension for more accurated dosing.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    for Jergo, LOL and btw no sticks, I felt like taking a break for the summer from pins as I was really feeling like a human pin cushion from the winter. I ran this one transdermal although the next one probably will be run and made into a supsension for more accurated dosing.

    Haha, cool man.....that's kick ass. I think I'm gonna have to buy that book now, LOL...it has me yearning for some more reading....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    As soon as things get settled with me (in the middle of a move) I will start a thread about my cycle, by that time I will be two weeks into PCT. I will tell you guys this now, I ended up about 18-19lbs and an increase of about 1.5-2%bf Later fellas, J
    please do bro, i am also following ALR's proticols, i just ended a long precontest cycle so i am doing slin and dnp right now, and will follow with the other proticols, start the thread so we can compare. I cant wait to start my cycle.... you notice in most of the sample max androgen phases given that they are loooong esters, he uses **** like theramex (spell check) and cypionate, and so forth, i will try and contruct my clycle using test enanth. and EQ, and maybe an oral up front, but not exceeding my daily mg threshold... following the intermediate cycle! please keep us updated on your progress, i will be following you closely bro. thanks..... b-boy

  26. I am also thinking of doing my first cycle with Tren 50mg/day and d-bol 30mg/day
    for 2 weeks and 4-8 weeks off.
    What kind of gains I can expect from this ?
    Diet - 400 gm of protein , 200 gm of carb , 50-100 gm Fat from EFA.
    PCT would be - Nolva 40mg/day + clomid 50mg/day for 4 weeks+ Milk Thristle.
    I have done a 4 week Nordiol, 4 AD cycle in the past and right now on igf1 ( 19th day ).

    Wt - 168
    Ht - 5'9

  27. originally posted by Iron Addict:

    "OK, anyone that frequents SOME of the bodybuilding forums these days see these types of posts all the time. Especially on the boards that have a younger readership and are heavily involved in pro-hormone use. These younger guys that are all caught-up in their 2-4 week cycles are all over the boards these days posting their cycle logs and raving about their 10-30 lb gains in just a few short weeks. While the more experienced gear and PH users are sitting back and chuckling at their often-misplaced enthusiasm.

    Let’s stand back, do a little math and discuss what is REALLY happening in their bodies, and dispel some of these Johnny come lately HUGE gain stories.

    We will make some assumptions using our hypothetical user Johnny. Johnny, after perusing the boards he sees others tales of HUGE gains using pro-hormone X (it could and also is “real? steroid X) and decides to take the plunge. He weighs 175 after a couple of year’s of haphazard and mostly unsuccessful training. Johnny is fairly young and has an average metabolism of about 3,500 kcals a day before gear use (most gear/PH’s RAISE metabolism somewhat) and this number is important to know because if Johnny doesn’t gain even one once in the next three weeks he will still require about 73,500 kcals. Now if Johnny is to gain the 25 lbs of muscle (or muscle and some fat) he will need to consume another 87,500 kcals for a total of 161,000 calories.

    This means over the next three weeks to gain the 1.19 lbs each day, Johnny will be consuming 7,665 calories a day! REALLY?? Do you REALLY think this is doable for a 175 lb trainee? TRY IT AND TELL ME ABOUT THE REALITY OF IT! And the reality of the matter is the number given is a LOW number because it doesn’t take into account the metabolic cost of synthesizing new muscle tissue nor the increased metabolic rate that typically comes with gear use.

    So where are these guys getting the numbers they are posting? Well I know for a fact that some of these numbers are coming strait out their ass because they are “bending the truth? to make themselves look better. I have seen some of these guys post about the 25 lbs they gained and kept, then 2 months later said they did it again, and then a month or two later once again—OK, I believe that--and also in the Easter bunny.

    What is really happening? Well we know that most gear causes a HUGE increase in creatine synthesis, BAM-Johnny just added some scale weight. Nutrient loading goes way up too, each additional gram of glycogen in the muscle cell brings three grams of water along for the ride, BAM Johnny is thrilled! He just got “heavier?. Compound this with the fact that Johnny wanted to make the most out of the cycle so bumped his volume and frequency up a bunch and now he is even storing more nutrients!

    And of course with the super-strong gear and pro-level training he is doing, well, he’s eating like never before. And BEFORE what he is eating makes it out the other end, he now has another 5-7 lbs of “stuff? in his digestive tract. And yes, he is adding some bodyfat, but he doesn’t really care because the scale keeps going UP!!!

    We just accounted for a BIG chunk of Johnny’s so called huge gains. But how do we account for the strength increases he is seeing? Well the creatine loading sure helped some. Couple that with better recovery because he is finally actually getting enough protein. But does that explain the weights going up so fast? No it doesn’t, but the increased nerve excitability gear provides sure does. Yes, good gear/PH’s increase the ability of the neural network in your body to “fire?. You get faster, harder contractions when this occurs and as a result can lift much more weight.

    Now before you tell me I’m just trying to rain on poor Johnny’s parade I will tell you that is not the case. All the things I just described are for the most part good, and yes, I KNOW Johnny also gained a REASONABLE amount of muscle. But it damn sure is nothing close to what Johnny will probably go online and report. A properly designed cycle can net you huge gains if done properly and backed up with good training and a proper diet and supplementation program. But these types of gains are not amassed in 2-4 weeks on low dose gear or PH’s. The REAL muscle gains are just starting in 2-3 weeks, not ending there!"

  28. Quote Originally Posted by wolvie
    I am also thinking of doing my first cycle with Tren 50mg/day and d-bol 30mg/day
    for 2 weeks and 4-8 weeks off.
    What kind of gains I can expect from this ?
    Diet - 400 gm of protein , 200 gm of carb , 50-100 gm Fat from EFA.
    PCT would be - Nolva 40mg/day + clomid 50mg/day for 4 weeks+ Milk Thristle.
    I have done a 4 week Nordiol, 4 AD cycle in the past and right now on igf1 ( 19th day ).

    Wt - 168
    Ht - 5'9

    If you want me to be completely upfront with you, I think you should first forget about the AAS and concentrate on proper diet/training. 168lbs. is showing that you haven't been training that long yet, or you still don't have your diet/training up to par. AAS useage now will only dissapoint you....and I would hold off on the IGF to boot....

  29. Yes.. 168 at 5'9" all you should need to get at least 10-15 more pounds easily is diet/training.

    ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

  30. I was 143 last year and now 168 . I was thinking of doing couple of 2 weeks cycles to reach my genetic max potential cause I am already 31 now and want to do it fast.
    . Goal is around 200 lbs .
    But I guess you guys are right . I am going to concentrate on diet and basic power training ( Bench, squat , deadlifts) and forget about AAS.
    Thanks guys.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 01:39 AM
  2. Need some thoughts on an upcoming cycle
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. New & First Cycle - Some Questions
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 10:29 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 09:36 PM
  5. bulking agent mid-short cycle
    By khafra in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Log in
Log in