low dose hdrol cycle...pointless?

jk47

Awards
Would running hdrol at 50mg a day for 4 weeks be pointless? It would be my first cycle and I'd like to just give it a try as a test run. I don't need crazy dramatic gains, if I can make some moderate gains(5-8 lbs) that I actually keep I'd be pretty happy. I'd also prefer to run a shorter cycle so 3-4 weeks is fine by me.

powerlifter92

Awards
Just ran that. On day 2 of PCT. Put on 10 clean pounds on a high calorie diet. Strength gains were good too, 35 lbs on my max bench

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
nothing wrong with that.... you may opt to up after a week or 2 when you know how you feel/respond but as long as your diet/training is on point I dont see any reason not too, especially for a first cycle.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For what its worth, I've seen PA say that 30-35mg of Halodrol would produce decent results with minimum side effects.

50mg for four weeks shouldnt be too bad, 75mg makes me feel terrible, so i usually just do 50.

Sklander

Sklander

Awards
  • Established
100mg was the sweet spot for me. 75mg produced lethargy. 125-150mg had too many sides - back pumps like crazy. I started my first week at 50mg, I could feel it, but from my experience, you'll want more.

If you dial in your diet to a T you'll definitely make good clean gains, but some people respond differently than others to pretty much any compound. Its a good idea to only start at 50mg and assess how your body deals with it.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
no, that was the typical hdrol cycle. now the typical one is 6 weeks at 75. you'll get good results doing whichever

jk47

Awards
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys. I assume I should still go with a serm just to be safe? Would nolva and daa be sufficient? I already have the daa on hand so what the hell. Any need for an AI? I'm thinking maybe just to be safe with gyno cause of the daa. Anyone use triazole?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
nolva n daa is fine for pct