dbol back pain

littlemark

Awards
Anyone have any advice on trying to deal with lower back pain while on dbol. I'm doing 30mg/day and literally in agony from the lower back pain. I've increased my water intake dramatically, added bananas to my diet, and take a robaxacet or two to deal with the pain. It hurts all the time, almost debilitating from simple things like walking, working etc. Deadlifts/Squats/Bent rows etc all out of the question.
Searched and found lots of info on M1T lower back pain (taurine, potassium etc), since they're both methyls wondering if the same advice holds true. I'm scheduled to do 2 more weeks of dbol, but highly doubt it will happen without improvement, so .. any advice is appreciated

ps. the dbol is the front load to 500mg/week of test cyp - certainly not a dbol only cycle

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
umm.. well you should be able to do the same things to limit the back pumps but I might cut my dosage down to say 25 mg and see if that helps.. How much water are you takin' a day now?

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried adding about 3-4 grams of taurine, seems to help.

littlemark

Awards
I'm taking about 5-6 litres of water a day. Don't know that I can take much more, I'm pissing every 30min as it is. Good call on reducing the dosage, I'll try that starting tommorow.

Weirdest thing with it is that I had to do hamstring curls today, and the stretch just laying with my legs locked into position seemed to loosen it right up. This is making me think that maybe its not really related to anything I'm taking and it just needs a good stretching regularly. Never had back pain before so maybe that's all it needs.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
that does sound like what happens to me... my back gets tight from my hamstrings being so damn tight..

mac_dad6

Awards
if it doesn't get better before too long you might wanna see the doc. i had pretty sever pain in my right thigh down to my calf. doc suggested an mri and it turns out i herniated my l5 disc. it sucks. can't do deadlifts or squats or anyhting like that now. just something to consider

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
if it doesn't get better before too long you might wanna see the doc. i had pretty sever pain in my right thigh down to my calf. doc suggested an mri and it turns out i herniated my l5 disc. it sucks. can't do deadlifts or squats or anyhting like that now. just something to consider
nah, it's a pretty standard back pump from good ol' dbol. i used to get the same thing god awful. to the point where walking is a chore. i wouldn't worry about it bro. just one of those common side effects. it usually stays with me for about a week after i quit taking it, then it goes away. i've heard taurine works wonders but i haven't tried i personally.

FZane

Awards
Ditto with Beelz. its back pump, laying on the hamstring curls will help briefly usually by the time you finish your first
set its back! :) Look at the positive side it is usually accompanied by an all over body pump by the time it starts and that is
great.

Crotalus

Awards
****, d-bol crippled me at 50 mgs and I mean I couldn't do **** for more than 20 minutes max. Once in a store I was really starting to worry I might have to jump into one of those motorized carts ( now refered to as D-bol Carts by me ) to get out of the place. I cut the shopping short and barely made it to my truck. I must have looked ridiculous the way I was walking around.

I had to stop for about five days - that's how long it took to subside - then I went with 25mgs in about 12.5 twice a day (1/4 tab). This still gave me uncomfortable back pain , but was managable - nothing like the 50mgs which was brutal.

The water, tarine and potassium tricks everyone else gets relief with didn't do **** for me. I felt like two metal rods were implanted along each side of my spine, LOL, just impossible to try and do any manual work at all.

If I wasn't self employed I'd have been fired that week , no doubt.

sourinthemind

Awards
Have you tried letro or Arim to help with excess water retention. In the past, when I have had this kind of thing happen, getting rid of the excess water seem to kill this low back pain.

Crotalus

Awards
I used Liquidex for the bloat and worked great for that , but didn't do **** for the back pain. I tried everything ... it got so bad I even started thinking it might be something more serious. But 5 days off the d-bol and I was OK and the lower dose made all the difference. But what a crippler at 50mgs !

sourinthemind

Awards
Something else that seems to help is stiff leg deadlifts. Yes...believe it or not. It will not feel like it for the first week or two, but if you stick with it and stay light-moderate with the weight, it should help improve vasculation in the lower back. This was the case for me. Now I just don't get that low back pain any longer...even when I am on a heavy dbol cycle (I use about 80-100mg/day).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 15
gmoneypm Anabolics 55
Anabolics 10
İronsemy Anabolics 13