Competitive Edge Labs Lawsuit

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
I got this off a blog I read all the time. It really sucks for all these companies that are getting sued. IMO they should just get rid of all these products so when these people use these products they can't sue anyone and have noone to blame but themselves.

How would u get permanent liver damage from a few weeks of m-drol? And it just so happens in two people at the same time. I wonder if they are friends?

Men claim dietary supplement M-drol caused liver problems, sue maker and distributor
By John Suayan, Galveston Bureau

GALVESTON – A Houston law firm has filed a pair of suits against a Virginia dietary supplement manufacturer on behalf of two men who complained of liver problems as a result of taking a steroid.

The Gibson Law Firm alleges Jesse Woods of Baytown and Heath Stevison of Lake Charles, La., suffered liver failure in July after the plaintiffs took M-Drol, a capsule made by defendant Competitive Edge Labs.

“The defect or defects made this product unreasonably dangerous for its intended use,” court documents say.

“Such defect or defects were the proximate cause of the plaintiffs’ injuries and damages.”

The complaints were filed Nov. 17 in Galveston County District Court.

They show Woods and Stevison bought the product in question at TF Supplements in Galveston, explaining that M-Drol was a steroid precursor which carried a methylated compound reportedly known to cause serious liver damage.

Competitive Edge Labs marketed the pill as a dietary supplement, according to the original petitions in both suits.

In late July, the FDA issued a warning stating that consumers should stop taking steroids as dietary supplements, ordering that anyone who took the steroids must seek immediate medical attention if they experience liver trouble.

The plaintiffs say they started to show symptoms of liver failure just weeks after they popped their first M-Drol.

Woods claims P-Plex, another steroid-based pill produced by Competitive Edge Labs, also contributed to his illness.

Both men were hospitalized for long periods of time and diagnosed with severe and permanent liver damage, their suits state.

The plaintiffs say they were put on strictly limited diets and could not work because of the supplements’ devastating toll.

They also insist the likelihood of undergoing liver transplants.

Woods’ spouse, a co-plaintiff, says she suffered a loss of consortium.

TF Supplements is also a defendant in the case.

Both the shop and Competitive Edge Labs are accused of negligence, negligent representation, breach of implied warranty, and products liability.

The plaintiffs seek unspecified monetary damages and a jury trial.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like to know there doses and if they used any cycle support, how long they an it..........

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What happened to personal accountability in this country? It's always someone else's fault for everything bad that happens to them.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
What happened to personal accountability in this country? It's always someone else's fault for everything bad that happens to them.
This country seems to think different.. Seems people TAKE these supps to get sick and sue there's so much of this going on now.

BTW I could't agree with you more, I just think the BB Supp industry gets the worst rap due to all these idiots..

For every 10,000 people safely using these products there's ONE who isn't and ruins it for everyone else..

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
its part of strict liability... it has been around for awhile. This is local for me, i'm interested to see how this turns out.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Idiots. All my other thoughts on similar cases apply to this one as well. People probably took it for an absurdly long period of time and/or at a crazy dosage. Personal responsibility has disappeared from the majority of the gen. population of the U.S.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
what, this is total bs, theyre suing the place where i buy my ph/ds stuff and theyre suing my favorite company.
When are people going to learn some personal responsibility, If you use any product incorrectly it can harm you. Morons ruin everything.
but thats america for you , a burglar can sue you if they get injured while theyre robbing you

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah bunch of bs, 's why I'm a libertarian, I think you should be able to do what you want to yourself, but the consequences are your own.

I just can't stand it when i see the people who should die of Darwinism being protected by society. Seems like we're actively fighting against evolution, and reminds me of the movie idiocracy.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
glad you agree with me UnrealMachine
huh, your a libertarian too.

We really should let morons self destruct, instead of rewarding them for being morons.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. they are suing one of my fav. online stores(just read that). A$$holes.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
as a long-time steroid user and abuser (who likes superdrol a lot), i actually see the plaintiff's side on this. believe me, for some people the recommended dose will in fact damage their liver. i've heard the story so many times, and for most of them - there was no reason to make it up, as they werent suing anyone. what legitimate "nutritional product" can put you in the hospital within days using just the label listed dosage? i'm drawing a blank on that...cigarettes will kill you after many years, and sure enough they've paid huge sums in lawsuits.

supplement manufacturers/distributors have to be personally responsible for THEIR actions too. exploiting a poorly regulated system (by that i mean: doesnt require proper safety warnings or even accurate chemical nomenclature) for their own profit, at the cost of public safety is bullsh1t too....i hope the plaintiffs win. they might be idiots, and it might ultimately hurt the availability of hormonal products down the road, but i can think of worse things.

if you had thousands of dollars in hospital bills for taking a poorly labeled drug with no warnings (besides "dont take if you are female") for a couple weeks at the labeled dosage - you wouldnt be pissed? i am all for accountability, but it's a two-way street.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
as a long-time steroid user and abuser (who likes superdrol a lot), i actually see the plaintiff's side on this. believe me, for some people the recommended dose will in fact damage their liver. i've heard the story so many times, and for most of them - there was no reason to make it up, as they werent suing anyone. what legitimate "nutritional product" can put you in the hospital within days using just the label listed dosage? i'm drawing a blank on that...cigarettes will kill you after many years, and sure enough they've paid huge sums in lawsuits.

supplement manufacturers/distributors have to be personally responsible for THEIR actions too. exploiting a poorly regulated system (by that i mean: doesnt require proper safety warnings or even accurate chemical nomenclature) for their own profit, at the cost of public safety is bullsh1t too....i hope the plaintiffs win. they might be idiots, and it might ultimately hurt the availability of hormonal products down the road, but i can think of worse things.

if you had thousands of dollars in hospital bills for taking a poorly labeled drug with no warnings (besides "dont take if you are female") for a couple weeks at the labeled dosage - you wouldnt be pissed? i am all for accountability, but it's a two-way street.

Accountability involves reading what you're putting in your body and knowing the repercussions. This includes the fact that something might be contaminated or the wrong compound or that it is the right compound and maybe just **** your **** up. If it makes you feel like **** then don't take it! And several LEGIT nutritional supps can put you in the hospital just read the side effects of vitamins. Too much of anything is not good. I'm just waiting for someone who's lactose intolerant to sue Maola or PET and the grocery store that sold them milk b/c they were told milk gives you strong bones, but instead it made them sick as a dog.These two morons should be caned.

IF I had thousands of $'s of med. bills for taking a poorly labeled drug w/ no warnings I would think to myself: "damn I'm a ****ing idiot" Not that I should sue someone b/c of my own stupidity.

This is a two way street but the majority of the blame (99.9%) lies with the plaintiffs. They should fail miserably.

De Santo

De Santo

Awards
I agree with Unreal and Nomoredex...that's why I became a Libertarian.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

If i chug bottles of bacardi everyday and develop cirrhosis of the liver, can I sue them?

And don't say that ignorance is an excuse, it isn't. The compound is listed on the bottle. A monkey can type it into google and figure out what it is.

As a general rule of thumb, if you don't know what's in something, don't eat it, unless you accept that you're eating something unknown and thus it MAY have adverse effects

jason79

Awards

This seems like a good argument but I don't know if it's valid in this case. The problem is we have no idea what kind of dosages they used and we have no idea what other types of medications, supplements and or drugs they might have consumed in addition to the products in question. The report also states that they began to show symptoms of liver distress after "just weeks" of use. How many weeks? From my understanding the bottles say to use these products for only a few weeks. That statement seems to imply that they are outraged that they could show symptoms after mere "weeks". How long did they think they could use it and how many other similar products did they take in the weeks preceding the manifestation of liver disease? This gives me a good seque into the next statement I found strange. The part where one of the plaintiffs claims that "p-plex" also contributed to his disease. If this is the case then we can reason that he must have used p-plex soon before or while using the m-drol product. This gives more credibility to my points earlier in the post (that the plaintiffs were probably negligent). Otherwise if we assume that he was more sensible and used the p-plex long before the m-drol, and knows that p-plex harmed his liver (from his own admition), then this proves that he wasn't an innocent victim who didn't know any better.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just can't stand seeing people do things like this because they wanted a "quick fix" to get their "ultimate physique". The quick fix is going to be the end of our country if we are not careful. Take the current economy for example: The banks were allowing too many consumers to borrow money on ridiculous levels and ultra low interest rates to "stimulate" the economy and they did this as a quick fix to improve the standard of living and general economic well being of our nation. Turns out that this "quick fix" actually caused us to go into a horrible depression of which we are all suffering. Same case here. These two guys were looking for a quick fix and it back fired horribly on them. The only difference is these guys had someone to blame this on and the banks did not have anyone to blame but themselves. I am going to hate to see what happens when there isn't anyone left to place blame upon in this country.

Sorry for the novel guys. I'm just sick of seeing all of these posts about lawsuits and "poor bros" who have suffered so horribly from these big bad companies. The media portrayal is just sickening. But as stated before, there is no reason in this country that everyone can't be a bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast and know what and why to put things into their body. Google it and one click away is more information then even all of us can process on a daily basis.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
makes you proud to be an american. broke? sue someone.

wish those two people lived in the same city as i did. oh man do i.
hell, anyone doing sht like this, wished they lived near me.

jason79

Awards
I just can't stand seeing people do things like this because they wanted a "quick fix" to get their "ultimate physique". The quick fix is going to be the end of our country if we are not careful. Take the current economy for example: The banks were allowing too many consumers to borrow money on ridiculous levels and ultra low interest rates to "stimulate" the economy and they did this as a quick fix to improve the standard of living and general economic well being of our nation. Turns out that this "quick fix" actually caused us to go into a horrible depression of which we are all suffering. Same case here. These two guys were looking for a quick fix and it back fired horribly on them. The only difference is these guys had someone to blame this on and the banks did not have anyone to blame but themselves. I am going to hate to see what happens when there isn't anyone left to place blame upon in this country.

Sorry for the novel guys. I'm just sick of seeing all of these posts about lawsuits and "poor bros" who have suffered so horribly from these big bad companies. The media portrayal is just sickening. But as stated before, there is no reason in this country that everyone can't be a bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast and know what and why to put things into their body. Google it and one click away is more information then even all of us can process on a daily basis.
Well, there is also the fact that the federal government played a role in the recession by imposing unreasonable mandates on Fanny and Fredie to hold a certain (normally unacceptably high) % of high risk mortgages. This then provided the impetus for the banks to create the mortgage securities that are thought to have started the trading frenzy and subsequent recession. Think of it as a government instigated and subsidized bubble.

Anyway back to the matter at hand. If I'm shopping for dietary supplements and see a bottle with a long, strange chemical name on it, the first thing I ask myself is, "what is this crap and what does it supposedly do"? I mean don't people have goals that they expect to achieve from their fitness regimen? If so, then why would you use something that you know nothing about? If you're ignorant of a given product, how can you know how it will help or if it will even help you to achieve your goals. The questions everyone should ask are: What are my long term and more immediate goals? How important are they to me? How can I adjust my diet, lifestyle etc to help me meet those goals.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
They show Woods and Stevison bought the product in question at TF Supplements in Galveston, explaining that M-Drol was a steroid precursor which carried a methylated compound reportedly known to cause serious liver damage.
WTF?

Anyway, these guys are obviously full of sh*t. They probably took ridiculous dosages for long periods of time. SD is surely toxic, but not so toxic that a few weeks at a reasonable dosage would cause "permanent" liver damage.

Also, you can put another tally next to the "personal responsibility" group. These guys made a dumb decision on their own and are responsible for dealing with the consequences on their own. You can't have any level of freedom without an equal level of responsibility. You shouldn't take a compound unless you are willing to deal with the possible consequences.

I could see if CEL lied about what was in it, but the f*ckin' chemical nomenclature is right there on the bottle. It takes 10 seconds to google it and 5 minutes of reading for any dumbass to figure out that the stuff is toxic. If you don't want to spend at least a few minutes researching any "supplement" before you put in your body, and you are stupid enough to follow the directions or believe the marketing bullsh*t on the sides of packages, then you deserve to sh*t your liver out.

Grab your popcorn, it's natural selection in action, folks.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
They mentioned Phera as well, so it was propably stacked with the Superdrol, and run for more than 3-4 weeks. You don't just stumble on this stuff if you purchased it online. I never new about Superdrol until I heard about it here and researched it. Was flabergasted you could buy it, and I respected it for what it was and what it can do to you if your a fool. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people bringing lawsuits are members of this or other similar forums based on some of the posts I have seen in the past.

I am sure these guys probably loved the pump, and spent several days a week impressing the ladies with there awesome physique while pounding shots of Patron late into the night at their local watering hole. Then waking up the next morning and pounding 2-3 Tylenols to curb their hangover.

As another Libertarian on this forum, I agree, natural selection is dead in this country, along with personal accountability. I used to work as an insurance adjuster and it seemed that no matter how little somebody was wronged, they expected the world.

MacTruck33

Awards
Glad I just bought 2 bottles of Mdrol and 2 bottles of E-Stane which should hopefully last me some time.

At the end of that ill just have to go to the Dark Side haha/

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
its obvious SD will shred your liver! what jerks. people like this get this stuff taken off shelves. a guy at my gym was on tren X winstrol and testevol and drank on 3 differnt occasions and pissed out black blood. he was also on no liver supp. the only good thing he did was drink 1.5 gallons of water. I bet these guys did like 20/30/30/30. thats gonig to do damage. some guys do bridges with the SD too or drink alchy. these people suck at life and research.

dpfisher

WTF why are the legit manufacturers that label the product clearly taking the fall when there are multi-methyl proprietary stacks in use by morons around the country

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
I wish I was the judge in this case, my decision would be

the plaintiffs are morons
the defendants are innocent
case closed

is really that obvious
i bet they've been running m drol an p plex for over a two months
their have been users of m drol and p plex here and i have not seen one case of permanent liver damage.

competitive edge labs is a very responsible company , they test for purity, they state exactly whats in the bottle and at what dosage, they tell you; you need to run pct, you can always email them for questions, they tell you how long to run the compound. I personally do not know what more they can do to make sure you use their products safely and responsibility.

Morons like these(the plaintiffs), cause our personal freedoms to be taken away.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude i saw some NASTY stacks the other day. had like tren/SD/Epi umm lets see Pplex/tren/hdrol. and Dbol/Tren/and like bold.
those are nast stacks for your liver from some bunk ass company.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
Anyway back to the matter at hand. If I'm shopping for dietary supplements and see a bottle with a long, strange chemical name on it, the first thing I ask myself is, "what is this crap and what does it supposedly do"? I mean don't people have goals that they expect to achieve from their fitness regimen? If so, then why would you use something that you know nothing about? If you're ignorant of a given product, how can you know how it will help or if it will even help you to achieve your goals. The questions everyone should ask are: What are my long term and more immediate goals? How important are they to me? How can I adjust my diet, lifestyle etc to help me meet those goals.
F*ck that ya p*ssy. It'll get me Hugez is all I care about.
That's what they would probly say to that.

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
dude i saw some NASTY stacks the other day. had like tren/SD/Epi umm lets see Pplex/tren/hdrol. and Dbol/Tren/and like bold.
those are nast stacks for your liver from some bunk ass company.
Dbol, tren, bold actually sounds pretty good. (only one is methyl)

Guarantee these guys are just scamming the system. Even if they arnt, its their own fault for using multiple methyls. I dont believe for a second both steroids wernt being abused. This situation could have been easily avoided if those two wernt idiots.

Hmm i gained 15 pounds already off M-drol and P-plex. I have all kinds of side effects going on, but who cares because i'm getting HUUUUGGGGEEE!!! Cant stop now. This mentality should be punished not rewarded.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
the doses sucked you would end up taking 150mg tren 30grams of dbol and like 600mg bold. its not that bad but people will take without a liver supps and over 4 weeks