338! Need some Cholesterol help!

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
My Good Cholesterol is 58 I think I was told and my total was 338! Well I did just get back from cruise where I ate like crap and had soft serve ice cream 3x a day, Mmm.

Getting back in to my diet wanted to know what you guys recommend AAS to help. Was thinking of doing T3/Clen on my diet. My diet I was thinking of was Palumbo, maybe I will look for a nice low clean carb diet.

Any suggestions?

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
If your HDL is 58, that is good. Your total cholesterol is high and a good diet is needed to get that down. What is your bf? Usually loosing weight will help cholesterol.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the palumbo diet will help immensly with your total cholesterol!!!

go for it... heres some tip taken from someone i know....

Here is a list of info/supps/oils/etc. that is recommend for a keto diet:

Essential Polyunsaturates:
-Omega-3 Fish Oil (DHA and EPA) 1000mg 3-6 xs per day
-Evening Primrose Oil (Omega-6) 1300mg 2 xs per day

Monounsaturated Fats:
-Macadamia nut oil
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Avocado oil
-Almond butter
-natural peanut butter (real natural peanut butter should contain peanuts + salt only)

Berry Green/Juice plus: All natural supplement supplying 20 organic berries and greens in a pure vegecap. Berry Green also supplies the body with live active cultures (probiotics)

Psyllium or sugar-free Metamucil: (fiber supplement) 1-teaspoon 2 xs per day, morning and at night mix with 4-6 oz of water. (Work to 3tsp per day)

Pure Creatine-(no carbs) (2 xs per day, morning and post-workout shake)
Leucine- (5g 2 xs per day, Pre and Post-workout shakes)
Whey Isolate-(with 0g fat and 0g carbs)
Multi-Vitamin-(every day)-(with breakfast)
Sea salt-(salt all food)-(need a high sodium intake)

NAC- (liver support/antioxidant)-(600mg 2 xs per day)
IDS Glutamine/MSM- (1 serving with breakfast and 1 with meal#4)
Cinnulin PF- (1 serving with creatine in the post-workout shake, may be helpful with the uptake of creatine even with zero carbs)
Vitamin C- (500mg 2x per day)-(pre-workout and before bed)
Vitamin E- (400IU 2x per day)-(with meal #2 and #4)
Coral Calcium- (1500mg per day)-(with meal #2 and before bed)

After you complete 2 solid weeks on the diet, start having a cheat meal once per week. HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, and make it the last meal of the day so you don’t cheat again. Eat what you are craving, but eat only until you are full. Don’t stuff yourself and then continue to eat just because it’s a cheat meal. Also keep the carb intake under 500g, and avoid trans fats. (hydrogenated oils)

Cardio:
Cardio should be performed first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. Do it at low intensity (over 100, but under 125bpm heart rate 130bpm max.). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuel source since as your heart rate increases; carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY. Start with 30 minutes, 7 days per week, and work your way up to 45 minutes, 7 days per week. If you need to go up, you can, but don’t go over an hour in one session. If you need more, start adding cardio immediately post-workout.

Training:
Training should be high intensity, lower volume, and a rep range of 6-8. Some may be able to perform 8-10 reps.

you know how to set up your macros for his diet? 1.5g pro per lb and .6g fat per pound

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Getting back in to my diet wanted to know what you guys recommend AAS to help. Was thinking of doing T3/Clen on my diet.
AAS/T3/clen is not the answer.

Diet and exercise. Omega-3 has been shown to significantly help with cholesterol. 10-15 grams a day for at least a month.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AAS/T3/clen is not the answer.

Diet and exercise. Omega-3 has been shown to significantly help with cholesterol. 10-15 grams a day for at least a month.

it will lower ALL cholesterol including HDL AND LDL

non flushing niacin can help too.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
At this time, I think you should envoke some professional help. 338 is very high, dangerously high. However, it could be a bad read if you just got back from vaca. Stay away from saturated fats, and at this point I don't think any supps will save you. I think an extremely clean diet and a prescription statin are the way to go. Also, get plenty of soluable fiber, as others mentioned niacin and EFAs. Watch the niacin though, higher doses can result in hypogycemia. If you decide to go the medical route, I'd supplement some sort of liver protectant, and a reasonable dose of coq 10 with your lipitor.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At this time, I think you should envoke some professional help. 338 is very high, dangerously high. However, it could be a bad read if you just got back from vaca. Stay away from saturated fats, and at this point I don't think any supps will save you. I think an extremely clean diet and a prescription statin are the way to go. Also, get plenty of soluable fiber, as others mentioned niacin and EFAs. Watch the niacin though, higher doses can result in hypogycemia. If you decide to go the medical route, I'd supplement some sort of liver protectant, and a reasonable dose of coq 10 with your lipitor.
definetly agree, didnt know about hypoglycemia and niacin thoguh.

but try and get it down by diet, that is dangerously high, so clean ur diet, get come beta sitsterol, garliq and metamucil and goto work on it bro, if you get the statin liver support should bbe used!

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
what about quaker outmeal for thirty days? see if their claims are right.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1.5g of Protien per LBM not total weight! and .6g fat per total weight in lbs. Is that right?

depends on body fat,

15% and below do total body weight,

any higher, or signifigantly higher, go by LBM

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
it will lower ALL cholesterol including HDL AND LDL

non flushing niacin can help too.
Flushing niacin does not help cholesterol? You mean, slow release niacin is the only kind of niacin that helps lower cholesterol? Would regular old niacin work also, just not to the degree of slow release?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Flushing niacin does not help cholesterol? You mean, slow release niacin is the only kind of niacin that helps lower cholesterol? Would regular old niacin work also, just not to the degree of slow release?

i said non flushing because people dont like that feeling they get. regular niacin can work, watch your liver with everything you take though.